Electrifying The Gwr Route

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by SubwayRailfanner, Oct 26, 2021.

?
  1. Yes, it should electrified

41.0%
  2. No, it shouldn't be electrified

59.0%
  1. SubwayRailfanner

SubwayRailfanner Well-Known Member

I really do believe that DTG should electrify the Great Western Railway route. By doing this it will open up opportunities to bring in the GWR version of the class 387s and hopefully intruduce the class 800/802 to the game. I believe this route has some much potential. London Paddington area is already electrified in the game why not continue it. I remember TrainSim-Matt saying in a stream that they want routes that offers a variety of rolling stock and this route can do that if they just electrified it. That's my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  2. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

I'm voting yes because it's my least favourite purchase. I bought because it got lot's of great reviews. I guess those reviews were as old as the route itself. So yes electrify that route and bring that route to the present.

• Like Like x 2
  3. SonicScott91

SonicScott91 Well-Known Member

Voted no, the route was built in a specific time period where the overheads were being installed to the line. It’s not that DTG gave up halfway with it, but that was how the real line was at the time.

My main reason though is that I’d much rather see the iconic HSTs running up and down it than the 800/802. Newer doesn’t always mean better ;)

• Like Like x 5
  4. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

But what if they build in time travel mode? So you could still have the original version and when you click time travel: boom, you are in the present.

• Like Like x 3
  5. SonicScott91

Well this is what I thought Diesel Legends of the Great Western was going to be but the route didn’t change at all, only the timetable and stock running on the line. So we had 1970’s trains running under partial overhead lines.

Best chance to get the 800s in TSW would be a new route rather than a GWE rehash. It was mentioned on a recent stream, while it would be good to do same routes in other time periods, they would rather add an all new route to TSW than remake one in another time period.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Surely it would have been better to set it at the time the full line overhead line equipment was being switched on. Presumably there was a switchover period between the trains as the new fleet was being delivered so there may have been an overlap where 800s and HSTs could both be seen on the line, even if only for a very limited time? Same with the 166s. Dumping all your old trains for a brand new fleet on one day seems like a recipe for disaster!

• Like Like x 3
  7. fezza

fezza Active Member

If it's a simple job then yes ...

But I'd rather have 800s between Exeter and Plymouth on the legendary Dawlish sea wall and South Devon coast - a Brunelian masterpiece and one of the most famous stretches of railway in the world

• Like Like x 4
  8. SubwayRailfanner

I mean hey as long as the class 800/802 get added to the game with a new route I am fine with that. I can just put them on the old route with scenario planner. But I do believe they should start bringing routes to the present to refresh the the experience of the route. It gets really boring after a while. Like I wish they could of took advantage with the cornwall route on adding the class 800/802 as well. But as usual they love to go back in time which they should stop doing just because it cause problems later. Because we went back in time with that route that they couldn't add the HST in. They should of went back in time with the current HST in the game.

• Like Like x 1
  9. SubwayRailfanner

Fair point i don't mind them coming in a new route which probably be a long time from now knowing DTG. I can use a break from all this DB content they be releasing. It's really overkill at this point.

• Like Like x 2
  10. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

The route is explicitly set in 2015, Before it was fully electrified and no 800s.

• Like Like x 1
  11. SonicScott91

Personally, I’m hoping this route comes in the Spirit of Steam as a remake of the Riviera in the 50’s route for TS. Would be a great introduction to GWR steam in TSW :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. tibomatthijs

tibomatthijs Well-Known Member

It would be nice to see a route set modern day from Reading to ... (maybe Heatrow). Because buying twice the same route would be bit stupid imo. :)

• Like Like x 1