Train Sim World 2 - Lewes Local Link

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Oct 18, 2021.

1. Blu

Blu Active Member

If you watch the Live stream from last Tuesday you would have got your answer to this question. They can only make money from launching new DLC. To stop making money and putting 100% into correcting bugs DTG would go bust and you wont have your sim to play in any state.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

They said they need to make frequent releases in order to keep the team running with its current number of staff. That’s hardly the same as going out of business.

They also acknowledged that quality control hasn’t been good enough and needs to improve. The trick is to find a balance where they can maintain a tight release schedule without sacrificing quality. The next few releases should exemplify the weight behind those words.

• Like Like x 4
  3. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

They've acknowledged that quality control isn't good enough a few times already, but it's only getting worse...

• Like Like x 2
  4. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

I did watch the stream. So what did they do.... They delayed the DLC to correct bugs.... So your point is invalid. We all know that DTG release DLC to cash in and haven't previously worried about it, but now with consumer backlash on the quality they are realising we won't put up with it.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

Matt said that the first team to go would be the preservation crew... In other words, the team that fixes bugs, which is the main concern in this thread.
    I'm not sure how long you've been playing TS and/or TSW, but I guess you must have forgotten the years around 2015, where every other DLC was even worse quality than the BR187.

• Like Like x 2
  6. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

The preserved team fixes bugs on the preserved routes, not all of them. Adam seems to work on bugs on a lot of routes, but not the team as a whole

Well the Euston pack from last year was a colossal quality fail, let alone 2015

7. Nielsen

The preservation team is keeping older content up to current functionality standards and fix lingering issues never fixed initially. They also fix all bugs?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Blu

Blu Active Member

Well don't ! Most of us do understand business! Clearly you don't! So find another game to play!

9. Doomotron

It was, and generally less effort is put into TS DLC than TSW DLC. However, it's hard to deny that DTG's current TSW quality comes close to the disgrace that was the Class 321, 91, BR145, Black Forest Journeys, and countless others. The BR187 comes close but luckily that's pretty much it for universally crap DLC. There's definitely bad stuff, but very little apocalyptically bad stuff.

10. Blu

Blu Active Member

Look I think at the end of the day DTG Now has the correct team in place and we need to give them time to correct the wrongs! Its not a quick fix. You need to retrain people and remove the square pegs in a round hole. It takes time! then you need to pass that mantra onto your third parties who are used of the old ways. Give them time since Matt has took over.

11. Blu

Blu Active Member

Remember what Pam Ann Gloria of Qantas says!

12. fabristunt

I started with MSTS, so quite a while ago.
    I haven't forgotten, that's precisely my point: there have note been noteworthy improvements, and that's quite sad.

• Like Like x 1
  13. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

TrainSim-Matt could you adding the Class 33 for Railtour services for East Coastway and Brighton Mainline please?

• Like Like x 2
  14. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Well I understand business enough to know that if a company is running their bank account that hot, that 1 DLC delay will cause serious issues with their business model, that it's not a good business model.

But I'll gladly leave you to it and I'll go and drive proper trains and get paid for it and leave you to the fantasy aspect. Your overly aggressive nature is just epitome of these forums nowadays.

So adios, enjoy Train Sim World 2.

• Like Like x 6
  15. fabristunt

Well said. I wonder how it got to this point...

• Like Like x 1
  16. Nielsen

Actually there are businesses in this world that run fine with a decent surplus without repeatedly letting down their customers. They may not be as common as one could hope, but they are out there.

• Like Like x 3
  17. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

And if they have to reduce staff, the first staff to get pink slips would be Adam's team.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Blu

Blu Active Member

You don't clearly understand how providing such a service works. If you are not happy with e-commerce and how it rolls then don't buy the product.

19. Blu

Blu Active Member

happy days!!

20. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Mk1 coach units are 416 2EPB 438 4TC need a new version of Class 33 to pull it due to those being equipped with SR MU System 423 4-vep. Pre Nationalization design the 402 2-Hal DLC TS22 BML Bundle for them is Legends of the Southern Region if made. Mk 2 based 310 & 312

21. Nielsen

I don’t recall saying I was planning on buying anything. Your rationale is all over the place. On the one hand you defend sub-standard practices by saying it’s how business works, but on the other hand you also tell people to pull the plug and stop buying if they don’t like it. Businesses cannot run if everyone does that.

• Like Like x 1
  22. screamfan

screamfan Member

Do we know if the Rush Hour update for East Costway is coming tomorrow ?

23. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 27, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  24. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

It's out on Xbox now.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  25. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

And PlayStation

26. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

27. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

28. KatiaBLR

KatiaBLR Well-Known Member

sorry if this has already been answered elsewhere, but could someone answer me this please?

with the release of the 313, will additional runs be added (with either 313 or 377) between lewes and eastbourne?

as much as i love the east coastway route, it always feels like something is missing with no london to eastbourne/ore services.

so is it the case that timetable will be exactly as it is now with the 313 simply substituted in, or does the addition of the 313 mean added 377 services will run between lewes and eastbourne?

thanks

29. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Going off the preview stream, the timetable is exactly the same, the 313 version simply replaces the 377’s on the shuttles and Seaford services.

• Like Like x 2
  30. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

Are you proud of the way you spoke to Bryer? Bryer is the sort of person that would shed insight on Loco's being a train driver and could have been of use to DTG.

• Like Like x 1
  31. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

Where is Bryer going? I'm pretty sure he is a mature adult and realizes he is talking to a brickwall with the argument taking place and can ignore that person like I would do.

How does that affect his relationship with DTG? Blu doesn't work for them.

What are you even talking about? It makes no sense at all.

• Like Like x 2
  32. KatiaBLR

KatiaBLR Well-Known Member

interesting thanks!

it feels like a bit of a missed opportunity to add even just a few extra journeys between lewes and eastbourne which is a shame.

a few new journeys with the 377 on the eastern part of this route alongside the new 313 running the seaford/lewes to brighton runs would have made a great little network

• Like Like x 1
  33. Jasonic

Jasonic Member

313's are cleared all the way to ORE, up until 2018 the 07:52 Brighton to Ore and return was booked a 313.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2021
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  34. JealousSheep768

JealousSheep768 Well-Known Member

I thought that journey was over an hour and trains without toilets can only travel for under 1 hour that is why se introduced the city beam on commuter routes

35. Mkdog45

Mkdog45 Well-Known Member

If we were to get Victoria to Eastbourne/ Ore services, they would come with the update for level crossings/ route update that Adam and his team does

36. fezza

fezza Active Member

Yes it's crazy Lewes Eastbourne services for the 313 aren't there after we have been waiting so long for this. Twelve months and another half-arsed effort

• Like Like x 2
  37. fabristunt

It's because those services are already in, but operated by the 377. There's nothing left to add, or so says DTG.

• Like Like x 1
  38. Mkdog45

Mkdog45 Well-Known Member

But the 313 doesn’t got to Eastbourne (at least anymore) and adding new services to a route like ECW is the preservation teams job not the main team.

39. Jasonic

Jasonic Member

They still work Brighton - Portsmouth at around 1hr 23m.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  40. Doomotron

It's out, and the door sounds still aren't fixed, and knowing DTG it never will be. It's been in development for 28 years but they miss out the simplest possible sounds. They didn't even need a 313 to record it, it's used on many different types of trains around the country. I don't buy DLC at full price but now I definitely won't.

*facepalm*

• Like Like x 1
  41. bakedpotatos.jm

They only do empty stock runs occasionally to stable for the night in real life.

But one of the scenarios is Eastbourne to Brighton so you can do a full run without making your own scenario.

42. fezza

fezza Active Member

It certainly ran to Eastbourne until very recently on Lewes Eastbourne service trains as I've seen it with my own eyes. I would also be amazed if it never subbed on Brighton Eastbourne given the stock shortages Southern have experienced. So why not let it sub here in the way subs are allowed on German timetables? ( note some of their subs are far less likely...)

• Like Like x 1
  43. Hiro Protagonist

Hiro Protagonist Well-Known Member

Isn't the problem with the 313 subbing that it's a 3-car set whereas the 377 is 4-car, and the game system can't handle swapping in different lengths? Same reason why they had to create a whole duplicate timetable rather than just replace the appropriate services

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  44. bakedpotatos.jm

They actually don't have regular 313 service to Eastbourne, not saying that if they need an extra train they won't sub in in some situations. But there was a big thing about it in 2010 when Southern was introducing the 313's because the travel time was over an hour to Eastbourne on them and they don't have toilets.

So in light of that it was determined not to run the 313 on any route that was over an hour long.

But again if need be they would run as a 313 if a 377 was not available for some reason. And as I said there are empty stock moves to stable up at Eastbourne so you could very well have seen one with pax.

45. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

LOL LOL LOL, ROFL :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Like Like x 1
  46. Blu

Blu Active Member

Yes actually! I doubt DTG could have learnt anything from him/her. The conversation he was posting prior to this suggests it was a kid, and unlikely to be a train driver God forbid! Sorry to sound bitchy but its true! anyone that would respond in such a way as he/she has would not be a driver be the UK.

47. Blu

Blu Active Member

I have never said I wouldn't buy DTG products! In some instances I give it a bit of space to see how it goes. People on here know by now how DTG works yet they still moan and moan and say they will never buy a dtg product again, yet they do! I'm just calling them out!

Next week DTG will launch a new addon they like and it will be all over again.

DTG for all of its failings have never launch a totally unplayable DLC with exception of Rush Hour on some platforms! Oh and WCML south on TS classic. But they always come in with fixes.

The crux of the matter was people wanted DTG to stop all work on TSW2 until they fixed the existing bugs! To do so would stop revenue coming into the company for TSW2, meaning they have to cut staff. which would have a knock on effect across the TSW2 project. That's the issue! Its not that they mis-manage the project! they have investors that want to see money and agreed time lines are set and need to be met. So projects will be launched with acceptable bugs for the business with fixes on the way. We live in a capitalist society not the communist bloc.

• Like Like x 2
  48. dhekelian

I don't want DTG to stop releasing DLC, that would be inane. Maybe release less and do more fixes. Remember, the more fixes are done makes for happier consumers and happier consumers = more sales.

• Like Like x 1
  49. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Depends. The most fixed and realistic German route on the planet wouldn't make want me to buy it
    A half decent SEHS and I was there driving it day one
    Same for the 313, same is likely true for Cornwall even though the 150 sounds nothing like the 150 IRL

• Like Like x 2
  50. dhekelian

Yeah I'd agree. People though who lets say are on a tighter income than others but love trains would be put off investing in other DLC (if they liked it of course) and would be more encouraged in other DLC if their route had been fixed.

• Like Like x 1