313 Silent Dsd

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by EsherDemo, Oct 27, 2021.

1. EsherDemo

EsherDemo New Member

Did dtg seriously just release the 313 without the silent dsd fixed. Please

Last edited: Oct 27, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  2. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

Do you mean the DVD rather than the DSD? There is no DVD in a 313 and the DSD only stops the train when you get up from the drivers seat.

• Like Like x 2
  3. EsherDemo

EsherDemo New Member

No. While having the dsd active and no hud, you will not get a audible warning and train does in to emergency break. /;

4. DigiTMCN

DigiTMCN Member

Is the alarm now working on exterior view? Noticed on last stream it wasn't and they said that will be fixed. Is this what your referring to? Still learning the safety systems, so not certain if that exterior alarm missing was AWS or what your describing?

5. EsherDemo

EsherDemo New Member

Aws is working.
    The dsd is the driver safety device, when activated gives an alarm every 30 sec or so if the driver has not moved the throttle. This to check if the driver is conscious.
    When driving the 313 the dsd is silent, in all views and will only show up as an alarm if you have the hud on.

• Like Like x 1
  6. DigiTMCN

DigiTMCN Member

Thank you, I'm new at this and still learning it all.
    I will try DSD next time, just finished learning how to use PZB on german lines. That was one tough cookie to learn, hoping AWS and DSD will be somewhat easier. Although from the sound of it, I won't bother learning it on this DLC until they fix it.

7. EsherDemo

EsherDemo New Member

German locomotives and routes are very much more complicated and complex! A very nice thing to earn tho! If aws is next for you, I'll think you'll be alright! :)

8. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Same broken on Xbox
    Good job DTG :mad:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Bob12212

Bob12212 Well-Known Member

That's a shame, I was looking forwards to this one. Another non-purchase on day one.

• Like Like x 1
  10. GothicMatt

GothicMatt Active Member

I actually disagree and I'm on xbox one myself. I've bought the 313 dlc myself and I've had the cab window open and it's as loud as it should be, these are similar to the 314s on the Cathcart circle route, they break quite quick and they take a bit to speed up but I've had the motor fan run when I was stopping at a station it's very nicely modeled and I've had a nice run so I'm happy with it, the only issue I have is there is no chime when you open the doors but there is a chime when you close the doors

• Like Like x 1
  11. GothicMatt

GothicMatt Active Member

I'd say buy it and try it out for yourself like I have I think it's brilliant just the one issue which I mentioned above

• Like Like x 3
  12. Bob12212

Bob12212 Well-Known Member

Dsd should not give an audible warning, or require acknowledgment it is vigilance that gives an audible warning. Dsd should only take effect if you get out of the driver's seat. These trains only had dsd.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. segladman1

segladman1 Member

In real life the drivers have to either press the pedal with their foot or hold the throttle lever down constantly while the train is moving. Fail to do either and the emergency brakes come on immediately. There is no audible warning

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Bob, you clearly have never driven a train in real life. The DSD/DVD are a pedal and work hand in hand together, while depressed it isolates the alarm, remove your foot from the pedal and the alarm sounds, until the pedal is depressed again. Unless the reverser is placed in the neutral position.

If the driver doesn't make any inputs on the control desk for 30 seconds, the alarm will sound and the pedal will then need to be released and depressed to reset.

Trains operating on any UK mainline must be fitted with a working AWS, DSD and TPWS system.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Yes there is a audible alarm in real life.

(Edited to all "in real life")

16. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

The sound is broken for this. Same as the 150

• Like Like x 1
  17. thundergaming11

thundergaming11 Well-Known Member

As mentioned in the preview stream, DSD is a non feature because the pedal is pressed for you automatically and who wants the train to not move. There might be a switch to turn it on but it'll mean every time you get out of your seat the train will stop, but why would you get up from the driving seat while the train is moving in the first place?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Again no it won't. The system won't apply the brakes for 30 seconds, the driver might have to go across the otherside of the cab to rectify a fault on the move and has use of a holdover button.

19. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

DSD or whatever it’s also called in the 313.
    It’s the English Sifa like on Germany.

Its stay all the time silence and Boom Zwangsbremsung/Emergency brake

20. segladman1

segladman1 Member

21. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Yeah thanks for that DB628. We are actually discussing what is in a real life train at the moment, as people seem to think it's silence is intended.

• Like Like x 1
  22. thundergaming11

DSD and DVD are actually different, Matt mentions this in the preview stream. The DVD is the 30 second one you have to reset. DSD is similar to a dead man's handle

skip to 1:20:30 for the explanation

• Like Like x 1
  23. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

OK fellow train sim world player. Trust me though, there are alarms that go off every 30 seconds on UK trains if no inputs are detected, and you use a pedal....

They might be on US locomotives but in the United Kingdom it's slightly different. In the UK it's a floor mounted pedal on the drivers side and a button on the 2nd drivers side. UK trains cannot run without a DSD/DVD on a mainline.

If you want to believe a game developer over an actual driver, feel free.

• Like Like x 1
  24. segladman1

segladman1 Member

I agree with you but on a 313 there is no DVD. It’s literally if you remove your foot from the pedal or lift up the throttle at the same time whilst in motion the train will stop. I’m on one of these right now at work and speaking to the driver about it (I’m a guard) so pretty sure they know!

• Like Like x 4
  25. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Then that is a DVD and not a DSD. A DSD allows the train to move while foot is off the pedal, a DVD kills the power.

• Like Like x 1
  26. segladman1

segladman1 Member

I’m probably getting confused between the two but anyway, there is definitely no audible warning on these trains. As said earlier, the driver has to physically press the pedal with their foot or hold throttle lever down all the time the train is moving. Failure to do so and the emergency brakes will apply. I may not be describing this very well so apologies!

• Like Like x 2
  27. segladman1

segladman1 Member

It also doesn’t help I haven’t driven this in the game so will have a go this afternoon

28. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

It’s called DRA when I want activated it

29. thundergaming11

Check the preview stream of the 313 at 1:20:30 Matt explains it

• Like Like x 1
  30. segladman1

segladman1 Member

Matt is right although my driver earlier said that he can still use the throttle lever, reason being every time the train goes over a bump, his foot is likely to lift off the pedal. And in the mess room now, speaking to numerous drivers, this train has DSD but not DVD. It can’t and never will beep at you as it doesn’t have that system installed

• Like Like x 1
  31. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Must be the only UK mainline train that doesn't have the audible alarm. Thought it was added when they refreshed them.

• Like Like x 1
  32. Blu

Blu Active Member

Class 156s don't have it

33. johnmcglade30

johnmcglade30 Active Member

On a class 313 the safe systems is Sharon's

34. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Don't have what? A DSD or DVD?

Just for clarification, the Driver's rulebook makes little references to Driver Vigilance devices, and a lot of references to the Driver Safety Devices, a DSD is required for mainline running.

There are certain rules that govern your speed if the DSD is faulty etc. The DSD will provide an alarm within the cab, depending on the loco or train depends on implementation.

While I respect everyone's opinions within this thread, a train must have a DSD to enter service on the UK mainline. Like I said earlier they are often working hand in hand. The DSD is mandatory and the DVD is often laid over the top of the DSD system. Pedal for safety, alarm for viglience, although most are often both tied together.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  35. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

If the timer period is beginning to expire, a visual and audible warning is given. If the operator fails to acknowledge the warning, a penalty brakeapplication results

None is in the 313 TrainSim-Matt ?

36. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Hey everyone I have a little more info regarding the DSD for you.

So the 313 doesn't have DVD not because it's broken but because it shouldn't be there. It does however have DSD, which isn't behaving as it should.

What we currently have going on is that when switching on DSD it starts to behave like DVD would, minus the audio.

As many of you will know, when turning on DSD you wouldn't need to acknowledge this in the game while driving, as once you sit down you are seen to be "pressing" the pedal.

Now as it currently stands, you can turn on the DSD should you wish, but you won't get an audio notification and you are likely to have an emergency stop happen. (This can be recovered relatively quickly)

Or (and this is our recommendation) until this error is fixed, don't turn on the DSD switch. As far as your player experience in concerned it will be no different than if the switch were working as intended.

• Like Like x 9
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  37. schorni

schorni Well-Known Member

The last passage sounds like you consider the bug unimportant and that it will either never be fixed or will be fixed eventually. In months or years. Of course, security systems affect the gaming experience. That's why I can't understand the last line at all.

• Like Like x 1
  38. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Not unimportant at all, the team are already working on a fix and as soon as we have an update we will let you know.

• Like Like x 5
  39. schorni

schorni Well-Known Member

I hope this will be fixed soon in London. At the moment you take me with all the bugs the fun of the game.

40. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

There is no vigilance on the 313s.
    In real life you just get the warning from the GSM-R to lift your foot and then replace it back on the DSD.

41. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Say what!!!! That makes ZERO sense. That's almost verging on dangerous as that sends a signal to the signaller that you're having issues in the cab. I can't imagine that being the standard operating procedure.

42. Rail Runner

No, because there is no audible can alarm. The GSM-R in real life makes an alarm which would alert the driver. There is still a E-brake application.
    That is if I remember right.

43. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Yes you can cancel the DSD alarm on the GSM-r but its normally 30 seconds after the penalty brake application (on a Class 66 which I drive), but it would have been easier to add an audible cab alarm attached to the pedal in the Class 313 to prevent the e-brake application.

• Like Like x 1
  44. Rail Runner

Oh I see what you mean. Apologies. I completely messed that up.
    There is no Vigilance on a 313 but there is the Drivers Safety Device.
    There is no vigilance at all which I agree is a bit strange.
    Sorry for the confusion haha :)

45. Blu

Blu Active Member

The class 156 doesn't have DVD device! Being a Train driver you would know this! "I wont ask you which company you work for or which traction your cleared on, but you get the jist). The DSD is a pedal or a handle.

• Like Like x 1
  46. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

The DSD would only ever be an issue if you stood up. What "audible warning?" Do you mean AWS?

47. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Yeah there was no doubt the DSD is a pedal in this thread, however in the traction I sign, my DSD and my DVD are tied together, so I get a alarm, I lift my foot and replace it to reset my DSD and DVD (no instant loss of power on a Class 56, 59, 66, 69.)

Being a train driver that doesn't sign passenger traction, I wouldn't know what a particular train does and doesn't have.

Just like I wouldn't expect a passenger driver to know the ins and outs of a freight loco.

What I do know is that in most rolling stock (unit or locomotive) the DVD piggybacks on the DSD system.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 1