Train Sim World 2 - Achievements And Trophies

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by dhekelian, Oct 28, 2021.

1. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

I just saw an Announcement by Nat saying that the Playstation will not be getting any more trophies until Sony change it, which is disappointing to all the Ps owners out there.

But then she goes on to say that the XBox and PC will only get achievements for new routes? I will admit I don't follow closely the Achievements anyway but is the PC and XBox being punished for problems with Sony? Or am I missing something?

• Like Like x 4
  2. Rob Jansen

Rob Jansen Well-Known Member

Bad decision from DTG, there absolutely ZERO reason why Xbox or PC don't get achievements.
    There is no known limits.

DTG Protagonist mentioned last week live on stream it would only affect Playstation until it is fixed.

If the excuses is that all platforms should be equal then why do the newer consoles and PC get more layers or is the Raildriver (in beta) on PC then?
    Those aren't supported there then, remove it to make it equal

DTG should revert the decision and don't let other platforms suffer from no achievements because Sony haven an artificial limit.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  3. doublefine7

doublefine7 Well-Known Member

The "Achievements for routes only for PC and Xbox" is such a half-hearted decision imo. Either you cut them out for every platform and make it fair so nobody gets achievements or make achievements for both routes and loco DLC on Xbox and PC. That decision now just feels like a failed try to find a compromise.

• Like Like x 4
  4. GuitarMan

GuitarMan Well-Known Member

I agree, its made me less likely to buy loco add ons as I like collecting Steam Achievements (58% currently of all DLC (only DLC i dont own are BR187 and historic underground one)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Trenomarcus

Trenomarcus Well-Known Member

This makes no sense. You take away stuff from PC players just because. And with inconsistency too. We can have more layers on few timetables, but no achievements?

Always nice to get some "old" DTG feels on these decisions :D

• Like Like x 5
  6. mrcharliemiggins2.0

mrcharliemiggins2.0 Well-Known Member

There is no good reason why there are no achievements for PC and Xbox. They’ve already said that loco DLC don’t sell as well anyway, and for some people this may be a deal breaker, so why make the audience for them even smaller. For this one at least, well the achievements are already in steamdb so achievements do exist, they just haven’t enabled them.

Edit: They do work on PC as said in the post below. The no achievements may be for the future loco DLCs upload_2021-10-28_17-38-15.jpeg

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  7. thundergaming11

thundergaming11 Well-Known Member

They work, I've just got 3 out of 5 so far. New achievements work on release on steam but it takes a while for steamdb to make it not hidden

• Like Like x 1
  8. mrcharliemiggins2.0

mrcharliemiggins2.0 Well-Known Member

Ahh, okay, so this just may be for future releases then? Either way, I still don’t understand why they are doing this. I am getting this, just haven’t had the time yet. I shall edit my above post.

9. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

The loco dlcs would sell better if it wasn’t £11.99 for the train you want but £24.99 for the route you didn’t but need to use it

10. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

Why no achievements on PC? I was told many times over that consoles aren't holding us back...

• Like Like x 2
  11. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

I was 50/50 on the 313 (Xbox user) but I’m afraid the lack of achievements has swung it to a no.

12. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

Apparently they have decided only achievements for new routes and not Loco DLC even though some have said they are getting some on the 313 but this might change of course.

• Like Like x 1
  13. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

I can’t see how consoles would hold you back. Different builds

14. fabristunt

Read the first message in this topic then: PS can't handle more achievements -> less achievements for PC and XBox users. That's unfair.

• Like Like x 2
  15. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

The PS thing is a PS issue, it has nothing to do with why everyone else hasn’t got them

• Like Like x 1
  16. fabristunt

Sure, you can keep telling that to yourself

• Like Like x 1
  17. doublefine7

doublefine7 Well-Known Member

DTG literally said that they wont add achievements due to platform parity to Loco DLCs. Claiming that PS achievements have nothing to do with PC and Xbox achievements is a straight out lie.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Coppo

Coppo Well-Known Member

Well, I've just got 3 for the 313 on PC- feeling electric; in a flash; line rider (which I think I got after 10 miles, not 100, I've only done one scenario so far..)

19. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

Exactly the same here. There's a few loco DLCs that I've only purchased for the achievements. Now there's no incentive for these personally.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Ant Craft

Ant Craft Well-Known Member

Personally, I think this is completely unacceptable. I understand DTG's idea of platform parity, but as others have said, when you have reduced timetables on gen 8 (I think it's gen 8, but for clarity, PS4 and Xbox One), and PC only has Raildriver, then there's no reason PC and Xbox should be, as others have appropriately said, punished for this. Plus, may I remind everyone that the EGS version doesn't have a single achievement because EGS doesn't even support achievements? DTG didn't seem to care about that, so the fact they want to be equal now doesn't make the slightest sense. Also, as others have also said, some people only buy loco DLCs for achievement collecting and completionists. I think that's completely understandable, so it doesn't make sense that DTG want to further reduce the small market for loco DLCs (DTG have said it themselves that there's a reduced market for loco DLCs). DTG claim that they're always listening to feedback and want to improve the game for everyone, so if that's the case, the only logical thing to do is revert this poorly thought out decision. And yes, I feel bad for PS users about the achievement problem, but as I said at the beginning, there is no justifiable reason to punish everyone else for this.
    Also, it was said that the 313 doesn't have achievements on any platform. Well either this was a mistake or a lie, as SteamDB has, and still has atm, listed the 313 achievements since not long after Cathcart Circle, PLUS, I have already got a few of them.

• Like Like x 2
  21. Jinoss17

Jinoss17 Well-Known Member

Sorry but this is ridicolous. Again PC users have to face issues that don't exist, just to show compassion to playstation players.

22. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I feel like we've got the same thread a dozen times now, but I'll add my voice again...

Sony's limit is ridiculous, but cutting an important feature for other platforms through some misguided attempt at parity is nonsense. Platform parity will be restored when they sort the problem and add the trophies back in to the PlayStation version. Don't cripple the game for everyone else until then.

I'll look forward to adding the 313 to my collection in a future sale when it's a complete DLC with its bugs ironed out and trophies added. Until then, I've got a few more final trophies to bag on Coaster Planet - see how I've already completed the entire Campaign mode, but there's still an incentive for me to go back to it...

• Like Like x 2
  23. Coppo

Coppo Well-Known Member

weirdly enough, 2 of the trophies that I got yesterday have now disappeared from the won list...

24. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I'm surprised so many people actually care about achievements. It's just a bunch of meaningless pixels...

25. Jinoss17

Jinoss17 Well-Known Member

I don't care much about trophies. It's the concept behind them being removed also from PC that irritates me.

• Like Like x 2
  26. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

It might be meaningless to you, but not to everyone. I'm sure there's things you enjoy that are meaningless to others.

• Like Like x 7
    • Helpful Helpful x 1