Bassmaster 2022 Explanations For Some In-game Icons?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Buschyfor3, Oct 29, 2021.

1. Buschyfor3

Buschyfor3 Member

Morning gentlemen!

Having a blast so far, but had a couple of questions regarding icons that don't seem to have clear explanations in the game menus or manual:

1) When you're viewing the fish species stats (under the Angler's Hub from the main menu in-game) what does the hook and crown icon mean? Is this supposed to signify Personal Best catches (similar to the crown icon in FSW?) Or does the crown mean something else this time?

I see a separate hook icon to the right side of the screen and I know that is showing the total number of fish caught of that particular species... or at least it seems to be tying back to the total catch stats. But if the crown and hook indicates PB catches then I'm perplexed...

To use my real world example (if I can, I'll try to upload a screen capture later) - as of last night I had caught 12 Largemouth bass... it shows 12 under the single hook icon = makes sense. It also shows 12 under the separate hook and crown icon. Now I know from my stats I haven't sequentially caught 12 personal best largemouth, each one bigger than the last (I wish!). Nor have I caught 12 trophy fish (as my angler profile stats only show 1 trophy catch... so maybe this stat isn't properly working as well?) Ideas what this means or if it is working properly?

2) On the Catch Summary screen (from the pause menu while out on the lake) what does the "thumbs up" icon mean to the right side of each entry? I thought it was first something to do with perfect hook setting, but I see some fish listed with good hook set with the thumbs up icon and even some fish caught with a poor hook set that have the thumbs up icon (and some that don't). Ideas here?

3) On the main-menu, when you can see your gamer profile in the top right corner of the screen showing your current level, it also displays a little bag icon with a weight next to it - what is this weight supposed to represent? I cannot tie it back to any particular fish that I've caught...

Example: mine currently says 17lbs 10oz. I checked through all of my catch stats and I haven't caught a fish with that exact weight; it's also not the weight of my biggest bass, as that was 19lbs and some change (crazy white bass caught on Lake Hamilton), so I'm not sure what this weight actually represents? I know in the Angler Hub under your player profile it displays your current level in an orange-colored circle and lists a weight in the middle - I'm assuming that to mean the total amount of weight needed to level up to the next level? Drawing a blank here and the game manual doesn't cover this topic.

Otherwise loving the game. Have put together a list of other quirks and glitches I've noticed through about 4-5 hours of play so far and the steps I've taken to recreate. Will post an update of that this morning too!

Last edited: Oct 29, 2021
  2. mrkus1702

mrkus1702 Member

No idea on 2), but

1) yellow hook/crown is the number of fish you caught of the species, the white hook is how many you've hooked.

3)It's the heaviest fish you caught so far.

• Like Like x 1
  3. bloodtheory

bloodtheory Member

The yellow weight and crown icon is the heaviest fish you've caught of that type. The yellow(gold) ruler and crown is its length. The gold hook and crown is the number of trophy fish (larger or heavier than average) that you've caught. The white hook is the number of normal sized ones caught.
    20211029_210259.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. bloodtheory

bloodtheory Member

Also, the thumbs up icon shows you the tournament qualifying catchs you have.

• Like Like x 1
  5. mrkus1702

mrkus1702 Member

Are you certain?
    So far I caught one chain pickerel, it was not a trophy and yet both hooks show a 1.

6. bloodtheory

bloodtheory Member

I am certain. That doesn't mean the reporting is accurate yet. Just look at the whole sponsors mess. Or the number of times you've fished a lake. -1 for me on a lake I've fished 7 times now.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Buschyfor3

Buschyfor3 Member

Hmmm. Makes sense, but based on my experience, it's not what I'm seeing, so it must be bugged. My Angler hub stats show my PB catch as 19lbs 7oz.

But my upper right corner Xbox gamertag still shows 17lbs 10oz. Not caught a single fish at that weight - I went back through the 98 fish that I've caught and not one matches that weight. Strange.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Buschyfor3

Buschyfor3 Member

Are we certain of this too? I just finished a session on St. John River - only caught Gar and Bluegill... not one bass sadly.

But... all 7 of my catches showed a thumbs up icon in the catch summary. Not once did I have to use the catch chance indicator to land... so now I'm perplexed as to what this actually means.

9. Buschyfor3

Buschyfor3 Member

For reference:

99BAB841-AC1B-4A15-9D7A-7D900071BA70.jpeg

10. SPACE ODDITY

SPACE ODDITY Active Member

Ok so I caught my first Blue Catfish and my first Channel Catfish today. Both display the number one under the silver hook, but they both also display the number two under the gold hook and crown. It don't make sense to me.