(poll) What Routes, Currently Not In Tsw2, Would Make Great 'rush Hour' Style Routes?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by WonterRail, Jul 2, 2021.

?
  1. Birmingham Cross City Line: Lichfield Trent Valley–Bromsgrove & Redditch

22.1%
  2. BNSF Railway (Metra): Chicago Union–Aurora

12.6%
  3. East Coast Main Line South: London King's Cross–Peterborough

33.7%
  4. Fife Circle Line: Edinburgh Waverley–Glenrothes with Thornton

22.1%
  5. Great Eastern Main Line: London Liverpool Street–Ipswich

25.1%
  6. Hamburg S1 S-Bahn: Wedel–Poppenbüttel

19.1%
  7. Hauptstrecke Hamburg – Hannover

23.1%
  8. Hudson Line: New York–Croton-Harmon

19.6%
  9. London Underground Northern Line Early 90s: Morden–Edgware & High Barnet

19.6%
  10. METRA Electric District: Chicago Millennium–University Park

10.6%
  11. Hauptstrecke München – Rosenheim

16.6%
  12. NYC Subway IRT Flushing Line: Flushing Main Street–34th Street-Hudson Yards

19.1%
  13. North Jersey Coast Line: New York Penn & Hoboken Terminal–Bay Head

14.6%
  14. North London Line: Richmond–Stratford

22.6%
  15. Northeast Corridor: New York–New Haven

29.1%
  16. Northeast Corridor: Washington–Baltimore

21.1%
  17. Paris Métro Line 6: Charles de Gaulle-Étoile–Nation

15.6%
  18. Portsmouth Direct Line: London Waterloo–Portsmouth Harbour

27.6%
  19. S-Bahn Rhein Main

22.6%
  20. S25/26 Heart of Berlin: Teltow Stadt–Henningsdorf & Waidmannslust

19.6%
  21. South London Network

32.7%
  22. South Wales Coastal: Bristol–Swansea

19.1%
  23. Suburban Glasgow Northwest: Springburn–Helensburgh Central

14.6%
  24. The Rhine Bahn: Mannheim-Karlsruhe

17.6%
  25. West Rhine Bahn: Köln–Koblenz

23.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. WonterRail

WonterRail Well-Known Member

This is part three of my thread series that I am running this section of the forum focusing on 'Rush Hour'. If you want to go a check out the other two parts in the series, go check them out below:

Part 1

Part 2

But onto this thread, this is the last part of this series and this is the part that I have been looking forward to writing the most, because today we will asking a simple question....

…So with everything we have learnt in the last two parts, are there any routes out there currently not in TSW2 that would make great 'Rush Hour' style routes with lots of traffic and a diverse timetable?

This thread will be more like a tradition route suggestion post, where I will be listing down a bunch of routes that I feel like have the potential to make great 'Rush Hour' style routes in TSW2. I will be giving a brief description of each of them, talking about what that route would offer in terms of length of the route, any branches that route may have, any key/landmark moments along the route and also the locos that would be available with the route and if that route has the potential of any additional services from the routes currently available in TSW2.

But we begin, I would also like to mention I will be sticking to three rules for any route that I will be suggesting in this post:

1. The routes suggested here for the most part will be routes that are already available in TS Classic, but I will also be sharing here a few routes inspired by the top 23 most requested routes that DTG revealed last year. If you want to see what that that was, click on the link here, but for both cases, I will be picking some of the more promising looking routes to feature here.

2. For locos, I will be sticking to a format that I quite liked up to this point in TSW which is a route has to feature at least one maybe two at a push new locos at best. For the most part, most of these suggestions will feature one loco that is new and others that are reused or is in a different livery or is a different variant.

3. I know I will disappoint a lot a people here, but for the sake of this post, I will not be going beyond 100 miles for any suggestion here. There might be a few routes that come close to that number, the but the reason I won't be going even longer than that is because I don't think TSW2 is capable of routes that long just yet.

One final thing before we start, I will be putting all the routes featured here in a poll which can found right at the top of page, so you can vote for which route, out of ones listed here, you would most like to see in TSW2. The routes with the most votes may get there own separate thread where I go into more detail about the route compared to here where I'm going to give a basic overview of each route.

Also as a disclaimer, Just because a route is listed here does not guarantee that this route will be added to TSW2 one day. While I would be nice for many of these routes to make into TSW2, please keep in mind that these are only suggestions at the end of the day.

I think I've put this off no longer, lets get into this and look into what routes I think would make great 'Rush Hour' style routes in TSW2.

Birmingham Cross City Line: Lichfield Trent Valley–Bromsgrove & Redditch:

A route that recently came to TS Classic not that long ago, this route would pretty much be the route that was available with that add-on with a few difference. Of course this route would feature the 32 mile route between Lichfield Trent Valley and Bromsgrove via Birmingham New Street, with the branch line to Redditch also featured here, but I would also include here in a TSW2 version is the line that runs to Landor Street Junction, which is home of the container depot there. This is in order to include freight services on this line that would actually have some distance to drive on this route rather than just the small section between Bromsgrove and Kings Norton.

For locos, of course this route would come with the BR Class 323 in West Midlands Train livery which would handle the majority of services on this route, start at either Bromsgrove or Redditch and heading either towards Four Oak, Lichfield City or all the way to Lichfield Trent Valley. Also featured with this route is freight traffic using the Class 66/0 in EWS livery hauling BYA and IHA coil wagons. The highlight of these services would be banking services up the famous Lickey Incline, the steepest section of main-line railway in the UK, with freight trains being pushed up by another locomotive as far as Blackwell before carrying on towards Landor Street Junction.

BNSF Railway (Metra): Chicago Union–Aurora:

This is actually the first of two routes suggestions set in a place that I think many people would like to see in TSW2, Chicago, and specifically, routes involving METRA, the fourth busiest commuter rail network in the United States and the busiest outside of New York. This particular route is set on the most used route in the network, the BNSF Railway, serving on average 63,000 passengers a weekday with an average 15 million riding this line every year (Pre-Covid). The route runs for 32 miles from Chicago Union to Aurora, serving the western suburbs of Chicago and passing through several large yards used by BNSF at Western Avenue, Cicero and Eola.

In this add-on, METRA services would served by two locos, EMD F40PH-3 & F40PHM-3, both similar in design with some major differences (A sloped cab on the F40PHM-3). Both of these locos would operate METRA services using the Nippon Sharyo gallery Coaches & Cab Car and what great about these services is that you while the grand majority of services run the whole length of the route, some services stop and start at different places along the route, such as at Downers Grove Main Street, Fairview Avenue and Brookfield. Plus, there would also be additional AI METRA traffic at Union Station to help liven up the atmosphere around that section of the route. Freight traffic would also feature on this route using the EMD GP38 in BNSF Livery (Logos would only appear on US version of the route). This would used on both freight services and switching in the many yards featured along this route using a variety of freight wagons that would come with this route.

East Coast Main Line South: London King's Cross–Peterborough

Fair to say you saw this one coming from a mile away, but either way, it's still a route that many people would love to see in TSW2, me included. This section of the route is set on what is probably the busiest part of the route, between London King's Cross and Peterborough. This route would also feature two branches, the Hertford Loop Line that deviates at Alexandra Palace, runs via Hertford North and then join back up with the ECML at Stevenage and Northern City Line that runs to Moorgate.

For locos, you have two options. For first option would be to use the locos currently available in TSW2 as I think DTG everything they need to make the rolling stock for a ECML South using what's already available with the game, they would just have to make the necessary modifications needed to make the locos look more like the ones used on this line. This would include the BR Class 43 HST in LNER Livery with BR Mark 3 coaches running express services along the length of the route, the BR Class 365 and BR Class 387/1 in Great Northern Livery running commuter services along the route (By the way, this version of the route would be set before Thameslink took over the Great Northern services running towards Peterborough) and the BR Class 313/0 in First Capital Connect livery with Great Northern logos running services that would go down the Northern City Line to Moorgate. The second option would be to include many of the locos I've just mentioned such as the HST, the 365 and the 313, but instead of a 387/1, we would replace that with either a BR Class 91+Mark 4 Coaches or a BR Class 800/801, both in LNER livery. Either of these locos with operate another layer of express services running along the length of this route.

Fife Circle Line: Edinburgh Waverley–Glenrothes with Thornton

From one end of the ECML to another, but while this route is set out of Edinburgh Waverley, it is not the top portion of the ECML, but is instead based on a route that is currently part of the three routes if you buy TS 2021, the Fife Circle Line. This route, as I said earlier is set out of Edinburgh Waverley, heading over the Forth Bridge, before travelling around the circle line via Glenrothes with Thornton before heading back over the Forth Bridge towards Edinburgh. While this route would be the same as it's TS Classic counterpart, I would put in one noticeable difference here and that is include the line to Markinch as well, just so you can include services that head towards Perth/Dundee and give them a more convenient place to stop other than just on the circle at Kirkcaldy.

Two locomotives would feature with this route. Since this route would be set between 2015 and 2020, the BR Class 68 in ScotRail livery would be featured with this route pulling BR Mark 2 coaches again in ScotRail livery around the Circle Line at peak times. The main bulk of the services however would be handled by another ScotRail locomotive, the BR Class 170/4 Turbostar. These trains either go around the circle, to either Glenrothes or Cowdenbeath, or InterCity services to Markinch from which they go beyond towards Arbroath, Perth or Inverness.

Great Eastern Main Line: London Liverpool Street–Ipswich

I'm quite proud of this suggestion in particular because while this route features the 68 mile section of the Great Eastern Main Line between London Liverpool Street and Ipswich, it also would come with quite a few branches. First is the 6 mile branch to Braintree, then the 2 mile line to Colchester Town and then finally the 12 mile branch line to Felixstowe. But the later section would not have passenger service running on it right away, that would come later via a loco add-on. This section would be served by freight trains and feature the introduction of container loading to TSW2 at Felixstowe port, where freight trains would drive up to Felixstowe from Stratford, load up at Felixstowe and then drive back to Stratford before heading on towards whether that freight train is going.

This route would come with 3 locos. The first of which, and the new loco for this route, would be the BR Class 360/1 in Blue Greater Anglia livery (As this route is set before either the Class 720 or the 745 were introduced on this route). These would serve the Great Eastern services, starting at Liverpool Street before heading out towards either Shenfield (before turning off towards Southend Victoria), Braintree, Colchester (Before turning off towards Clacton-on-Sea), Colchester Town or all the way to Ipswich. The second loco would the BR Class 315 in TfL Rail livery, serving as it states, TfL Rail services between Liverpool Street and Shenfield, as this route is set pre-Crossrail and before the Class 345's were introduced on this section of the route. Since I mention that this route would have freight, the last loco is a freight loco and that would be the BR Class 66/5 in Freightliner livery, as well as also featuring 66587 painted in the Ocean Network Express livery. These like I said would operate freight services between Stratford and Felixstowe using FEA container wagons which would be new to TSW2. As for including Intercity services on this route, I would save that for a future loco add-on and that would utilise a BR Class 90 with Mark 3 Coaches and Driving Van Trailer. This would provide the Intercity services running between Liverpool Street and Ipswich making selected stops along the way at places such as Colchester and Manningtree.

Hamburg S1 S-Bahn: Wedel–Poppenbüttel

Remember in the last post when I was talking about Hamburg – Lübeck, and when mentioning the S-Bahn line that runs alongside it, I said that the best way to tackle the lack of traffic on it would be to make a full blown Hamburg S-Bahn route and then have the locos add AI services to that section of the route? Well, this is that route. But more specifically the S1 Line from Wedel to Poppenbüttel with the line to Hamburg Airport also featured. This route also features two takes two different paths between Hamburg-Altona and Hamburg Hbf. The underground line that runs via Stadthausbrücke and the outdoor section that runs via Hamburg Dammtor.

Only one loco would be featured with this route and that would be the DB BR 474 which would operate the grade majority of the S-Bahn services on this route. The main ones would be S1 and S11, plus some of smaller services around the Hamburg part of route such as S2, S21, S3 and S31. Some of these services are quite interesting and some of them require to go into a station one way and then go back out in the opposite direction going a complete different way to where they came in. A big example is around Blankenese were S1 trains coming from Wedel go into the station and then reverse back out in the opposite direction heading towards Hamburg and beyond. As well as just the one loco, this route would also come with plenty of AI traffic to head increase the traffic around the Hamburg Hbf/Hamburg-Altona section of the route using additional layering from other routes/loco add-ons in TSW2. The main two being the DB BR 101 running IC services between Altona and Hbf and Hauptstrecke Hamburg – Lübeck adding RE/RB services between Altona, Hbf and Hasselbrook using the DB BR 112+Dostos available with that route and freight traffic between Wandsbeker Chaussuee and Rübenkamp using the MRCE ES 64 U2 and freight wagons that come with the route.

Hauptstrecke Hamburg – Hannover

While on the subject of Hamburg, if you want a route that would do Hamburg Hbf so much more justice, this would be it. This route is, as it states, the 95 mile main line between Hamburg and Hannover via Lüneburg, Uelzen and Celle. This route would also have so much to offer, from the S-Bahn heading to Hannover Flugharen, the fact that this route has quite a bit of traffic running on it, to some of massive yards that are featured on this route, the biggest of them all being at Maschen, which is also the largest rail yard in all of Europe and the second largest in the world.

Three locos would come with this route, the main one being the DB BR 401 ICE 1 which would handle the ICE services on this route, some running non-stop while other stop at some of key stations along the route. Also coming with this route would be the DB BR 146 with Doppelstock coaches and cab car in Metronom livery. These locos handle some the regional services along the route such as running between Hamburg and Uelzen or Uelzen to Hannover. The final loco would be the DB BR 424 which is similar to design to the DB BR 425 already in the game. These would handle the S-Bahn services around Hannover with the main ones running between Hannover and Flugharen. For freight traffic, the best way I could think up of to pull these services off in TSW2 would be to make these additional layers from other routes in TSW2, the main ones being Main Spessart bahn and Rhein-Ruhr Osten or Hauptstrecke Hamburg – Lübeck. Both either way, this would add a variety of freight services to the route and would also take advantage of the massive yard at Maschen. On the subject of layers, this route, like with the last one, would also feature a lot of AI traffic around some of the key points along the route using the stock from the existing routes in TSW2. Plus, the last route I just suggested could also add S-Bahn services running between Hamburg Hbf and Hamburg-Harburg, taking advantage of the underground platforms at the later station.

Hudson Line: New York–Croton-Harmon

Moving on from Hamburg to New York and a route set on one of the busiest railroads in North America, Metro-North's Hudson Line. This route is set out of two busiest railroad stations in North America, New York Penn and New York Grand Central Terminal, the later of which being one of the most iconic and famous train stations in the world, with 21.6 million visitors (excluding passenger that use the station) visiting the station every year. From there, the lines leading out of the two stations meet up at Riverdale before the route follows the Hudson River all the way to end of the electrified section of the route, Croton-Harmon which is also the end of the represented route here. Also represented in this route would Croton-Harmon yard which is just beyond the end of the line, plus the lines to Harlem River Terminal and Oak Point Yard and also Sunnyside Yard just beyond New York Penn Station.

As for locos on this route, electric services would be served by both the M3A and the M7A, these are similar to the locos currently available with Long Island Rail Road, but in a different livery and with some minor differences. For diesel-hauled services, that would be served by two different livered variants of the GE P32AC-DM, one in Metro-North livery that would serve the diesel-hauled services using Bombardier Shoreliner III Coaches and Cab Car and another in Amtrak livery that would handled the Amtrak services that run out of Penn station along this route using Amfleet I Coaches. Those Amtrak services would be the Empire Service, Maple Leaf, Adirondack, Ethan Allen Express and the Lake Shore Limited. Freight traffic on this route would comer via an additional layer from Sand Patch Grade using the GP38-2 and the SD40-2, along with the available freight wagons that come with that route.

London Underground Northern Line Early 90s: Morden–Edgware & High Barnet

Now it wouldn't be a post talking about routes that could make great 'Rush Hour' style routes without talking about a London Underground route right? I know there are many possible London Underground routes that DTG or any other third party could try their hands on, but in this case, I'm going to suggest the Northern Line, but with a twist. This is not just the Northern Line route, but a period Northern Line route, set sometime during the late 80's/early 90s. The reason I suggest a period London Underground line would be to get over a problem that a lot of the more modern suggestions have and that is the fact that most lines on the Underground are now automated with very little input from the driver. A older representation of an underground line wouldn't have this problem so much, so it would lead to a much more hands on and enjoyable experience than what a modern representation would have. In this case, this route would the entire Northern Line, running from Morden to Kennington where the line divides into two paths, one that goes via Charing Cross and the other that goes via Bank. The two line join back up at Camden Town before dividing off again towards the two destinations on this route, Edgware and High Barnet. The branch line to Mill Hill East would also be featured with this route, along with the depots at Golders Green, Mordern, Edgware and Highgate. This route would be represented as it was back in the early 90's, before the line was renovated and before the rolling stock we know today was introduced on this line. Back during a time when this line felt run down, unreliable and outdated with the rolling stock in desperate need of replacing.

Speak off the rolling stock, two tube stock variants would feature with this route, one is the 1959 Stock and the other being the 1972 Mark I Stock, both featuring in LU grey livery. Both of these trains ran on this route during their final years of operation on this line, running a large variety of services up and down this line, whether that be to either High Barnet or Kennington, going via one of two branches under the surface of London, terminating at Kennington and going around the Kennington Loop, or going all the way to the end of the line at Morden.

METRA Electric District: Chicago Millennium–University Park

The other Chicago suggestion feature here, and for me, the one that I would most like to see out of the two. Firstly because much more passenger traffic runs on this route compared to the other one, but many because this route would offer a US electric route outside of New York. This route in particular would feature the 31.5 mile route between Chicago Millennium and University Park, but this route also has quite a few branches, which includes the 4.7 mile line to South Chicago (93rd Street), the 4.4 mile line to Blue Island and the biggest of all, a 16.4 mile section of the South Shore Line to the Adam Benjamin Metro Center (Also know as the Gary Metro Center). All these branches would take the total route length to 57 miles. This route also features CN's Chicago Intermodal Hub and Markham Yard with a handful of freight services also running on the bottom section of the route heading towards University Park.

The main electric loco that would feature with this route would be the Nippon Sharyo Highliner II in two different liveries, one in the METRA livery for service the main electric services along the route and the other in South Shore Line livery for serving the line down to the Gary Metro Center, this would be a placeholder for the Nippon Sharyo Single-Level EMU which would come at a later date via a future loco add-on. Freight services on this route would be handled by the GP40-2LW in CN livery which is a wide-nosed version of the GP40-2. These locos would use a wide variety of freight wagons either already in the game or specially made for this route. It is also worth mentioning that the locos from CN Oakville Subdivison, The EMD GP9RM and the EMD GP38-2 would also be able to substitute into the freight service on this route, which would also include switching services around both the Intermodal Hub and Markham Yard.

Hauptstrecke München – Rosenheim

This route takes us back to Munich, but this time we are going in the other direction. While this route starts at München Hbf, the route takes a left turn at Donnersbergerbrücke, eventually heading in the opposite direction to where you departed out of München. This route would also feature the underground S-Bahn line that wasn't feature in the previous time we came here, which travels right under the surface of Munich. The two line join back up at München Ost before racing on for a further 40 miles before reaching Rosenheim. This route would also features the S-Bahn line to Ebersberg as well as München Pasing making an appearance here, firstly to give some of the S-Bahn service a convenient place to start and to also include the depots down there where some of the trains that run on this route are sometimes stored.

This route would mostly come with stock that is already in the game, but there is one new loco that will get into later. The main loco for this route would be the DB BR 101, while this would be the same as the loco add-on we have now, it has some big differences as not only it comes with IC Coaches, but also the IC Cab Car. Yes, I would put it as part for this route as it is a route that requires it as it goes into a terminal station, but also this would provide a great selling point for a route like this. Either way, this would operate EC services on this route between Munich and Rosenheim.Other locos included in this route would be the DB BR 423, but this version would be the unrefurbished version that would operate the S-Bahn services that run on this route, the main ones being S4 and S6. The final loco, and the new loco for this route would be the MRCE ES 64 F4, an older variant of the Eurosprinters currently available in this game. These would operate a large variety of freight services on this route, starting at around Laim yard and then travelling all the way to Rosenheim.

Continues in Part 2...

Last edited: Jan 28, 2022
    • Like Like x 7
  2. WonterRail

…Part 2

NYC Subway IRT Flushing Line: Flushing Main Street–34th Street-Hudson Yards

Time for another popular suggestion for a route like this, a New York Subway line. I'm sure there have been plenty of these kinds of suggestions before but the one I'm going to focus on today is the Flushing Line. This line starts underneath the streets of New York at 34th Street-Hudson Yard near New York Penn, the route then passes under some of the cities most famous landmarks such as Times Square and Grand Central before travelling below the East River and emerging above the surface at Hunters Point Avenue. From there, the routes travel around and across Sunnyside Yard on the Northeast Corridor and then above the eastern suburbs of New York, passing over the Long Island Rail Road at Woodside and even coming along side it at Mets-Willets Point before going back underground one last time to reach the destination at Flushing Main Street. The Corona Yard at Met-Willets Point would also be featured to provide a place for trains to be stored when not in use.

Only one train would feature with this route and that would be the Kawasaki R188. These would operate the 7 service that runs on this line. This has two different services running on it, one is a local service that stops everywhere along the route and the other is a faster express service that only stops at selected stations between Queensboro Plaza and Flushing Main Street.

North Jersey Coast Line: New York Penn & Hoboken Terminal–Bay Head

So we already have LIRR in TSW2, NEC is coming back with Rush Hour and we already have suggestion here for the Metro-North's Hudson Line. Let's complete the the commuter services out of New York with New Jersey Transit. The route in question here is the North Jersey Coast Line. This route, like with the Hudson Line, would feature two start points out of New York, New York Penn and Hoboken Terminal which is located on the other side of the Hudson River. The line from each of the two stations join at Newark Penn before travelling down the Northeast Corridor as far as Rahway before the route turns off down the North Jersey Coast Line. The biggest highlight of this route would be at Long Branch where the route turns from a electrified route to a diesel powered route, before continuing down the coast to the destination at Bay Head. This route would also feature the small section to Secaucus Junction coming out of Hoboken and also the yards at Sunnyside, Hoboken, Long Branch and Bay Head, as well as the Meadows Maintenance Complex located near the point where the lines from Hoboken and New York Penn join up.

Two locos would feature with this route. The first is the Bombardier ALP-45DP, a loco capable of running on both diesel and electric power, what would a first for TSW2. The other loco, since this would be set before the majority of them were retired in 2014, would be the EMD F40PH-2CAT, both of these locos would be in New Jersey Transit livery and both would operate passenger services using two types of coaching stock, the Bombardier Comet II coach and the Alstom Comet V coach and cab car. The Bombardier ALP-46A wouldn't be feature with this route right away, but would come later via a loco add-on, which would also feature the Bombardier Multi-Level coach and cab car. This route would also have additional services added via the upcoming NEC: Boston-Providence which would add Amtrak services running on the NEC section of the route.

North London Line: Richmond–Stratford

Time for a London Overground suggestion, as we already have a Underground suggestion here. The route here specifically is the North London Line, running around the inner-suburbs of west, north-west, north and east London, running from Richmond to Stratford, a distance of about 17 miles. This route features a power changeover at Acton Central, where the route changes from the Third Rail section coming from Richmond to Overhead Power Lines for the rest of the way to Stratford, similar to what happens in Southeastern High Speed at Ebbsfleet International. The route would also feature Dalston Junction to feature to services that run between it and Highbury and Islington and also Willesdon TMD would feature with this route to store trains when not in use.

This route would obviously come with the BR Class 378/2 Capitalstar in London Overground livery for handling the majority of the Overground services on this route, but on the other hand, if DTG wanted to, they could also add the BR Class 313/1 in Silverlink livery with Overground logos if they wanted to have a greater diversity of locos running on this route, but that would depend on what era this route would be set in, whether it would be either now, or back during the beginning of the 2010s. Either way, these locos would handle the Overground services on this route, running either the entire route between Stratford and Richmond, just the section Stratford and Willesden Junction (Before turning off down towards Clapham Junction), or even the small section between Dalston Junction and Highbury & Islington. On top of this, this route has plenty of layring potential, mainly from freight, that would come from Great Western Express, East Coastway and the Great Eastern Main Line that I mentioned earlier. Plus, the later route I just mentioned could also add AI traffic around Stratford to help liven up the atmosphere around that station. But the biggest layer would be from the Bakerloo Line and the 1972 Mark 2 stock from that route would add AI underground services around Willesden Junction, and in return, the locos from this route would add Overground services to that route running between Queens Park and Harrow & Wealdstone, to help increase traffic in the top portion of the route and create more diversity of locos running on that route.

Northeast Corridor

Now we are already getting the Boston-Providence section of the Northeast Corridor thats coming with Rush Hour, but the question is, are there any other segments of this routethat could be done in TSW2? Well, let me explain. This next section is actually not one but two separate routes, both of which focus on a particular section of the Northeast Corridor.

New York–New Haven

The first section we have here is the 72 mile section between New York and New Haven. This route would for the most part be the NEC: New York coming back from TSW 2020 with a couple of differences. For course this route would have the line between Oak Point Yard and Fresh Pond Junction for freight traffic, but this route would also have the line to Grand Central Terminal which would be used by New Haven Line services from Metro-North. On the subject of Metro-North, the branch line to New Canaan would also feature with this route.

Most of the locos that came with the original route in TSW 2020 would come back for this route, so we would have the Amtrak ACS-64 with Amfleet I coaches running Amtrak services on this line, plus, the CSX locos, the EMD GP38-2 in YN3 livery and the EMD GP40-2 would also make a comeback accompanied by the rolling stock that came with the original route. On top of this however, we would have one newish loco and that is Metro-North's M2, This loco is the M3 from LIRR but fitted with a overhead pantograph. These would run services on the Metro-North section of the route towards Grand Central, joining the NEC at New Rochelle and running either all the way to New Haven or just as far as Stamford and what interesting about these services in particular is that like with the North London Line earlier, this route features a power changeover from third rail to overhead catenary between Mount Vernon East and Pelham, just before joining the NEC.

Washington–Baltimore

The other section featured here, and one that recently came to TS Classic late last year, is the first 40 mile section of the route between Washington and Balitmore. The line wouldn't come with much else other than that, but would feature the Maintenance facility on the approach to Washington Union that is used the Amtrak to store and maintain trains, plus turn trains around once they have reached the end of the line.

The route again would come with the Amtrak ACS-64 with Amfleet I Coaches hauling Amtrak services along this route, but also feature with this route would be the MPI MP36PH-3C in MARC livery. These would operate MARC Penn Line services on this route using the Bombardier MARC IV Multi-Level coaches and Cab Car.

You may have noticed in both NEC suggestions that I did not include the Acela Express in either suggestion. This is because I expect that is going to be a loco add-on for the upcoming Boston-Providence and then what would happen is that it would add Acela Express to that route and then if these two routes ever come along, it would add those services to both of these routes.

Paris Métro Line 6: Charles de Gaulle-Étoile–Nation

Time for something completely different. I know that many people want more French routes after the release of LGV Méditerranée late last year, but instead of another LGV route, what if I was to suggest to you a Paris Métro route? Well, here it is, but more specifically, Line 6 which runs from Charles de Gaulle-Étoile to Nation. While this route is only 8.5 miles, what makes this route quite an attractive option is the fact that a lot of this route is above ground, 3.8 miles of it to be precise. Plus, this route has more above-ground stations than any other Paris Métro line, while most line has many 1 or 2, maybe 4 or 4 at best, this route has 13 above ground stations with 2 half-above and half-below. Plus, it's also quite a pretty metro line as it passes some of the cities most famous landmarks with the most iconic part being when the line crosses the Seine over the Pont de Bir-Hakeim with an incredible view of the Eiffel Tower. On top of the route I've just mention, many of the small underground sidings, as wel as Italie Shops would be feature to help store trains when not in use.

Only one train would come with this route and that is the MP 73 which leads me onto a big unique factor of this route and that this is a rubber-tyre metro line. These would operate the services on this route as well as offering something different that we haven't seen in TSW2 before.

Portsmouth Direct Line: London Waterloo–Portsmouth Harbour

This is a big one for me as the original route in TS Classic was the route that really got me into Train Simulation as the locos feature here are the ones that I use and run past my house in real-life. But talking about this one, this route is based on the update version of the route that came a couple of years back, this route starts out of London Waterloo and travelling down the South Western Main Line as far as Woking, before turning onto the Portsmouth Direct Line passing through the likes og Guildford, Haslemere and Petersfield, before joining the West Coastway line at Havant and travelling that all the way to the destination at either Portsmouth & Southsea or all the way to Portsmouth Harbour. This route would also come with some of the major depots such as at Clapham Junction and Fratton and while this route would feature the Hampton Court branch, nothing would run there with the base game. It is just future proofing for the loco add-on that would add services to this part of the route.

As for the locos that would feature as part of this route, that would consist of two types of Siemens Desiro, the BR Class 444 and the BR Class 450, both featuring in either the old South West Trains livery or the newer South Western Railway livery. These trains would handle the main services on this route, running either the whole length of the route or just as far as Haslemere, not to mention the large quantity of services that happen between London Waterloo and Woking. Plus, this route would also have some additional service coming from other routes, the main ones being East Coastway and the upcoming Brighton Main Line. Either of these routes would add AI traffic around Clapham Junction and West Coastway services running between Havant and Portsmouth Harbour, which the later services would also be used by the upcoming Class 313 for East Coastway. Not to mentioned that this routes locos would also add AI traffic to the upcoming Brighton Main Line around Clapham Junction to help increase traffic in that section of the route.

S-Bahn Rhein Main

This is quite a fascinating one as it's not just one S-Bahn line represented here, but multiple S-Bahn lines. To put it this way, this route starts at Frankfurt Süd, travels through the underground section to Frankfurt Hbf and then when the route gets to Frankfurt West, it's divides into the four S-Bahn lines featured with this route. S3 to Bad Soden, S4 to Kronberg, S5 to Friedrichsdorf and S6 to Friedberg. Plus, the diesel line between Friedrichsdorf and Friedberg would also be featured as part of this route to help join parts of this route back up again, although it wouldn't be served by any trains coming with this route.

This route would come with three locos. The S-Bahn services on this route would be handled by the DB BR 423 and the DB BR 430. The later of which being the new loco for this route which replace the old BR 420 on this route a couple of years back. The third loco would be the DB BR 442 Talent 2, which would handle RB services between Frankfurt and Friedberg. On top of these services, this route also has quite a few additional services coming from other routes and add-ons, these services would mainly operate on the section between Frankfurt and Friedberg. For passenger layers, you have the DB BR 101 which would add IC services on this route and there's RE services using the DB BR 146.2+4th Gen Dostos from Main Spessart Bahn. Speaking of which that route, that route, along with Rhein Ruhr Osten, would also add freight traffic to this route using the wagons and locos available with those routes.

S25/26 Heart of Berlin: Teltow Stadt–Henningsdorf & Waidmannslust

There are many way you could bring Berlin into TSW2. I did have a vision for a bigger Berlin S-Bahn route than this, but since that route would of taken the route length way passed the 100 mile limit I've set for myself, I decided to reduce it to simply be the S-Bahn lines that travel through the centre of Berlin from North to South, S25 and S26. Both lines start at Teltow Stadt, but while S25 goes to Henningsdorf, S26 goes to Waidmannslust. Both lines travel under the surface of Berlin between Yorckstraße and Humboldthain, before travelling on towards Schönholz where the two lines divert off towards there respective destinations.

For locos, there's a choice here. If you wanted to do an older representation of the route, you have the DB BR 476, which ran on this route up until the year 2000. If you wanted to do a more modern representation of the route, you would have the DB BR 481, which replaced the previous rolling stock I've just mentioned starting from 1996. Either way, these locos would operate the S-Bahn services on this route, running through the centre of Berlin to Tetlow Stadt in the south or one of the two destinations in the north. This route would also feature plenty of AI traffic coming from other routes to help increase traffic on parts of the route that would like empty without it, mainly at Berlin Südkreuz. The main two being the DB BR 101 adding IC services and other being Hauptstrecke Hamburg – Lübeck adding regional services using the DB BR 112+4th Gen Dostos available with the route.

South London Network

This is another suggestion that I really like to look of. This would basically be the sequel to the upcoming Brighton Main Line that would focus on the network of lines coming out of two of London's biggest of busiest stations, London Victoria and London Bridge. What would follow is a network of lines that would head out various places across South London. Just to name a few, these would include; East Croydon, West Croydon, Crystal Palace, Streatham Hill, Beckenham Junction, Bromley South, Lewisham and potentially many more locations that route has the potential to offer. What you end up up is a vast network of services that branch out out of these two stations heading towards a variety of destinations in and around South London.

As for the locos that would come with this route, the first of which would be the BR Class 455/8 in Southern livery which would handle the metro Southern services in and around many parts of this network of lines. The other loco would be the BR Class 465/2 in Southeastern livery which would handled the Southeastern services on this network. This is also on top of the huge layering potential that this route has, from route we have already in TSW2, to routes I've already suggested in this post. The main ones from the ones we currently have in TSW2 would be Southeastern High Speed adding some more Southeastern services using the BR Class 375/9 and the BR Class 465/9 loco add-on and East Coastway/Brighton Main Line adding more Southern services using the Class 377's available in both routes, plus AI Gatwick Express services using the BR Class 387/2. As for routes I've already suggested here, we have the North London Line adding Overground services that star at Surrey Quays and then go on towards either New Cross, Clapham Junction, Crystal Palace or West Croydon, and even sometimes Battersea Park. All while using the BR Class 378/2 that would be available with that route. The final layer would come from the Portsmouth Direct Line which would add AI traffic around Clapham Junction to help increase traffic in that section of the route. All of these layers would help create what could be the busiest and more diverse timetable in TSW2.

South Wales Coastal: Bristol–Swansea

Going on another part of the UK that has yet to be explored in TSW2, this route would take place in Wales. But more specifically, this route would start out at either Bristol Temple Meads or Bristol Parkway, before travelling through the Severn Tunnel to Wales. The route then travels along the coast before reaching the largest city in Wales, Cardiff. The route doesn't terminate here though, it goes past Cardiff, going inland for a bit before coming back to the coast at Port Talbot before reaching the final destination at Swansea. This route would feature some of depots along the route such as at St Philip's Marsh, Cardiff Canton and Landore, plus the lines around the steelworks at Llanwern and Port Talbot would also be represented here.

Three locos would be represented here, the main one being the BR Class 175 in Transport for Wales livery which would operate services on the Welsh section of the route. Plus, this route would come with locos from Great Western Railway. The first would be the BR Class 43 HST with Mark 3 Coaches and the other would be the BR Class 150/2, which the later would be the only loco running services out of Bristol Temple Meads out towards Wales, not counting any additional AI traffic. As for freight, I would add this via using another route I've suggested earlier, Birmingham Cross City and using the coil wagons that would be available with the route and have them operate coil trains out of the two steelworks using the BR Class 66/0.

Suburban Glasgow Northwest: Airdrie–Helensburgh Central

Time for another Scottish route and this time, we are going back to Glasgow to focus on another commuter style route set in that city. This time however, we are setting this on the other side of Glasgow, focusing on what would be the North Clyde Line that runs from Airdrie to Helensburgh Central via the lower level platforms at Glasgow Queen Street. The route has quite a few branches and also take two different paths between Hyndland and Dalmuir, one that goes via Anniesland which also features the line to Milngavie and the other via Yoker. Two others branches would also feature with this route, one is the line to Springburn from Bellgrove and the other to Balloch. The high-level platforms at Glasgow Queen Street, as well as the diesel only lines out of said station would also feature with this route, but as the one loco that would come with this route is electric, nothing that comes with this route would use them at the moment. But on this plus side, the depots at both Eastfield and Yoker would feature with this route to store trains when not in use

As for the loco that would come with this route, that would be the BR Class 334 in ScotRail livery. These would take charge of the majority of services on this route with some quite interesting patterns. These services would include Milngavie-Exhibition Centre, two variants of Dalmuir-Exhibition Centre (One via Anniesland and the other via Yoker), Helensburgh Central-Airdrie, Balloch-Airdrie and Milngavie-Springburn. Plus, while nothing with this route would use Glasgow Queens Street high-level platforms, this section would see use using another route I have talked about on this post, and that is the BR Class 170/4 from Fife Circle Line. This loco would only run between Glasgow Queen Street and Anniesland via the diesel lines on that area as they are used on that section in real-life, so while it wouldn't see much traffic, it would be certainly better than nothing at all.

The Rhine Bahn: Mannheim–Strasbourg & Offenburg

We are on the home straight here, the penultimate route I want to suggest here is a route which would be known in TSW2 as The Rhine Bahn. This route starts out by running from Mannheim to Karlsruhe along two different paths, the S-Bahn line that runs via Schwetzingen and Waghäusel and the high-speed line that runs alongside the S-Bahn line, but also deviates at certain points along that section of the route. From Karlsruhe, the route continues southward via Rastatt, Baden-Baden and Bühl, before the route splits at Appenweier towards one of two destinations, either the route makes a turn to west, crosses the Rhine River into France and finishes at Strasbourg or the route continues going Southward into Offenburg. This would mean a total route length of around 95 miles. This route also has some quite big freight yards at both Karlsruhe and Mannheim, which is also sometimes used to sometimes store passenger trains when not in use.

This route would come with three locos, two of which are high-speed trains. The high-speed trains are the DB BR 407 ICE 3 Velaro D (or New ICE 3) and the SNCF Euroduplex, both trains would handle international services to Strasbourg with the ICE 3 going all the way to Mannheim and the Euroduplex only going as far as Karlsruhe. The third loco would be the DB BR 425, which would handle S9/RB2 services in the top portion of the route between Mannheim and Karlsruhe via the S-Bahn line. This route would also feature quite a few additional layers from other routes that would add services that would take advantage of Offenburg station. This would first bring more high-speed services which include IC services using the DB BR 101 and more ICE services using the ICE 3 from either Köln - Aachen or München – Augsburg. Also, regional traffic would be added using the DB BR 146.2+Dostos from Main Spessart Bahn. The same route I've just mentioned would also add freight services along with Rhein-Ruhr Osten, which would use the freight locos and wagons available with those routes and also take advantage of the large yards at both Karlsruhe and Mannheim.

Continues in Part 3...

Last edited: Feb 5, 2022
    • Like Like x 6
  3. WonterRail

…Part 3

West Rhine Bahn: Köln–Koblenz

The final route I'm going to include here is another German route located a couple of miles further up the Rhine River and that is the West Rhine Bahn, running from Cologne to Koblenz, travelling alongside the Rhine River via Bonn. This route would also go to Köln Messe/Deutz in order to feature the depot at Köln-Deutzerfeld to go inside the depot that is around Köln Hansaring. There's also appears to be a large freight yard and container terminal in-between Köln Süd and Hürth-Kalscheuren which would also be represented with this route.

There are many locos that could come with this route, but the ones I would suggest here are nearly identical to each other. One is the DB BR 146.0 and the other is the DB BR 185.1, both in DB livery. These are both older versions of the TRAXX's that are currently available on routes such as Ruhr-Sieg Nord, and Main Spessart Bahn. The 146.0 would operate passenger services on this route using the 4th Gen Doppelstock coaches and cab car while the 185.1 would operate freight services starting at the yard at Köln and then travel all the way to Koblenz from there using a variety of wagons that are either already in the game or are made specially for this route. This route would also have addition services coming from the DB BR 101, which would add IC services running along the length of the route.

Final Thoughts

So that's all the route I wanted to talk about here for now. I did have more, but since this forums poll feature is only limited to 25 responses, I cut the list down to the 25 routes that you just read through and to be honest, I'm quite proud of the routes shown here as I think all of them have the potential to make great busy 'rush hour' style routes in TSW2. Speaking of polls, one is located at the top of page featuring all the route featured here so you can vote for which route you would most like to see in TSW2 and maybe the ones with the most votes might get there own separate post where I go into more detail about them compared to the brief description I gave here. Also, if you feel like there are any routes that you think would make great 'Rush Hour' style routes, or if you think any of these routes could be done differently to what I suggested, then be sure to let me know in the replies below.

…and so this concludes this three part thread series I have been doing on this section of the forum. To be honest, it's be a fun one to talk about Rush Hour, the routes coming with it, what can done to improve the existing timetables and of course writing what routes would make great route to following on from the upcoming add-on. Even if it meant spending long hours writing these post, it's still been worth the effort to see the final result of these posts and sometimes your reaction to them. I think I'll take a break from writing these posts for a while a focus on getting ready for making the pdf timetables for the upcoming Rush Hour routes. After that, I might write another post talking about those routes timetables and if there's anything else that can be done to improve those timetables even further, and by then, we should know what coming next after Rush Hour has come out. For now, I look forward to getting into Rush Hour and diving in and trying out the three routes for the first time and also to what comes next after that to see if maybe, just maybe if any of these routes ever come to reality.

Thanks you for reading and I'll see you all at the release of Rush Hour.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 11
  4. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

Daaaaaaaaaang, you must've worked so hard on this for so long! I can only congratulate you for investing so much time into this thread (and the others), I would've passed out already if I tried something like this:D

In my opinion, the majority of these routes would fit the rush hour theme, especially the NEC routes since the Northeast Corridor is America's busiest route.

By the way, I believe Matt said in a stream that the game can handle anything you throw at it, which means 100+ mile routes are possible. The problem is how difficult that would be, since making such a route would be very time consuming, so a 128 mile route could be in development for over a year compared to a 50 mile route.

• Like Like x 10
  5. Yosh1saurus

Yosh1saurus Member

For the Northern Line ATO it was only fully introduced in 2015 for the entire line, with a section from West Finchley to High Barnet gaining the CBTC system of ATO in 2013. Possibly then, if the route was introduced in a more modern time period, we could get some manual and some ATO driving.

6. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

I have to say all of these suggestions are wonderful routes and all would have been perfect for R:H.

I'm just curious why the Class 318 or Class 334, mainly the 334, wouldn't be on this line? And also why not extend the
    It line East to Airdrie, the Eastern Terminus for Balloch services, and the last 'major' station before Edinburgh?
    Just my thoughts.

• Like Like x 1
  7. WonterRail

I wanted this to be more like the route that Rivet made for TS Classic last year, as that route also came with a Class 320. I would still take that over a Class 318 as from looking at ScotRail's roster, there are more of them than there are 318's, but as for a Class 334, that would depend in how you would go about it. The thing is with these suggestions is that I wanted to be realistic to the locos that have come with any new route that has come out over the past few years, which is that a route comes with usually 1 new loco and the other is reused from another route/loco add-on. I mean, you could either have the 334 be a loco add-on for this route or you could replace the 320 with the 334 as the loco that comes with the route, but that decision would be up to whoever is making this route and what locos they decide to have feature with this route.

As for going to Airdrie, that's not a bad shout actually as from looking at ScotRail's timetable, the majority of services that run on this run don't actually go to Springburn (It's only gets 2 trains an hour going only as far as Milngavie) and besides, it would be quite awkward having the majority of services starting and ending at either High Street or Bellgrove, especially when you take the service mode feature of TSW2 into consideration for this route. So yeah, I could get behind extending this route do to Airdrie.

• Like Like x 1
  8. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

I see your point here, but the Class 334 is the predominant loco on this route, with the 318 & 320 equally supporting them.
    Rivet's rolling stock choices for the TS version was quite questionable anyway, A Class 158 when it should be a 156 and a 320 and none of the others just because it could be re-used.

• Like Like x 1
  9. WonterRail

You know, after having a second thought about it, I have decided to make some changes to that suggestion by extending the line to Airdrie and also changing the loco that come with that route to a Class 334. I also decided that services coming out of Glasgow Queen Street high-level would be enable via a route I've talked about already on this post, but I'll you see that for yourself (can be found in part 2 of this post).

• Like Like x 2
  10. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

NJCL because around Newark Penn Station because Hunter interlocking NJCL trains Northbound to New York Penn Station must be held because of an inbound Raritan Valley Line High Bridge/Raritan Station service going into Newark Penn Station. IRT Flushing Line ATO Seltrack system acts like Haputstrecke München Augsburg S-Bahn LZB which means another train is right behind you in 24/7 operations including Rush Hour express service R188 7811-7898 R142A 7211-7590 with 7899-7936 having a diamonds 7 train sign. S-Bahn Rhein-Main gives players rush hour operations into Frankfurt Mainz area another route where DB BR420 can work on is the S8/S9 Hanau to Wiesbaden via Flughafen Frankfurt Am Main. DB BR442 can be layered from Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen and Riesa-Dresden by giving the destination ft95 panel by giving it Frankfurt Am Main area destination endpoints. Haputstrecke München Rosenheim gives players S-Bahn München traffic and gets interesting if an ÖBB route is added because you can Delay ÖBB trains to or from München Hbf. ÖBB layers for Haputstrecke München Augsburg is Inntal Bahn Innsbruck-Kufstein Rosenheim for ÖBB1216 Nightjet München Hbf to Roma Termini and Eurocity to Verona and Innsbruck Amsterdam. Railjet layer for Haputstrecke München Rosenheim route require my suggestion Westbahn Salzburg Wien Hbf.

• Like Like x 1
  11. driverwoods#1787

Excellent proposal and for Mannheim Karlsruhe why not extend that to France Strasbourg Kehl Border Station the Appenweier-Strasbourg Railway. For the same price as Riesa-Dresden you can get Frankfurt Mannheim Karlsruhe and Appenweier-Strasbourg Railway as a bundle called Frankfurt-Alsace Lorraine High Speed. The main reason for this is that route forms an European Union Corridor Frankfurt Am Main European Central Bank and Strasbourg EU Parliament.

• Like Like x 2
  12. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

what about the metro north Hudson line could we get that for train sim world 2 someday in the future or the lirr Babylon Branch in the future?

• Like Like x 1
  13. driverwoods#1787

You mean my suggestion the Babylon branch St Albans Lynbrook Rockville Centre Freeport Merrick Bellmore Massapequa Park Babylon route. For Hudson Line DTG will just simply do it reskin the M3 & M7 from LIRR Yellow and Black to Metro-North blue and white at a cost of untinted windows and wrong cab. M3 Metro-North uses 2004-2007 M7A seats which would not be present instead they'll retain 1987 LIRR Seats but the M7A Metro-North is just a copy and pasted LIRR M7 without the HVAC Vent on the rooftop. The correct way of differentiating is LIRR M7s lack a HVAC Vent of the Roof but Metro-North M7As have them.

• Like Like x 2
  14. WonterRail

You know, I liked this point so much that I decided to go back and make some changes to The Rhine Bahn suggestion. The changes include extending the line to Strasbourg via Rastatt, Bühl and Appenweier and also including the small section to Offenburg. Plus, I've also added a third loco to the route, but I'll let you find out what it is for yourself.

Definitely a great shout here as it also add a lot more layering potential, especially down in the section between Karlsruhe and Offenburg.

• Like Like x 2
  15. csxfan#8403

csxfan#8403 Active Member

How about CSX's RF&P Subdivision, Amtrak's Capitol Corridor, Norfolk Southern's Washington DC to Atlanta main line, London Euston out to Crewe etc.

16. driverwoods#1787

I saw it and they're the DB BR407 and TGV Euroduplex. Speaking of ICE Line 82 Frankfurt Am Main Hbf to Paris Est the daily schedule will show every 2 hours of those trains going Mannheim Kaiserlautern Saarbrucken Forbach Paris Est or Mannheim Karlsruhe Appenweier-Strasbourg Paris Est. For Rush Hour purposes the TGV Euroduplex/DB BR407 to Paris Est via Strasbourg will encouter heavy delays at Mannheim due to S-Bahn service the S3 to Karlsruhe and Ter A11 service at Appenweier. If routed to run Mannheim Saarbrucken Forbach Delays are at the Mannheim end due to S1 line S-Bahn Rhein Neckar. More heavy delays are likely to occur on the French side of the route the Strasbourg Neudorf Yard because that's where SNCF BB37000 locomotives start and end Journey towards Mannheim Karlsruhe Frankfurt Am Main eventually reaching Main Spessart Bahn at Aschaffenburg via Hanau. To make it more hectic have a DMU the X73900 Sifa PZB capable version of KVB VACMA Swiss Integra Signum X73500 run the route. One thing to differentiate the German trains we have a game like the DB BR185 is that French trains of PZB LZB Sifa might have a different message for PZB Sifa Zwangsbremsung otherwise a buzzer beep like the Dostos.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Ben132465798

Ben132465798 Well-Known Member

After I was there and cahnged trains and stayed there I can say that Kopenhagen main station is really lively with trains going everywhere and the regional services drive like what... in 2minute interval

18. Sakul1212

Sakul1212 Member

Very Good and detailed Suggestion. My favourite ist the S-Bahn Berlin S25/S26

19. GrandMoffLucaPaguro

GrandMoffLucaPaguro Active Member

Def Kings Cross to Peterborough, only cause Peterborough Station is freaking awesome!

Would also say the Barton line as well (Barton on Humber to Cleethorpes), 22 mile line with 14 stations and perhaps also add the South Humberside mainline as well (Doncaster to Cleethorpes) which is Freight Heavy.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2021
  20. paintbrushguy

paintbrushguy Well-Known Member

Living in Sydney I would suggest the Main Suburban/Western lines between the City Circle and Emu Plains. Vast variety of rolling stock and pretty high service frequencies.

21. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

What about the SP Peninsula Corridor in the 1950s with an FM Trainmaster and GP7/9 in Black Widow livery (and maybe Bloody Nose)? I'd also like to suggest a PRR NEC route with a GG1 and maybe a GP7/9, and an NYC Water Level Route with Hudsons, Mowhawks, and Niagaras.

22. michellepeyton123

michellepeyton123 New Member

Oh yes that would be great

23. finntd#7891

finntd#7891 Well-Known Member

I’ll take ECML South, but the route I truly want is a ECML: Newcastle to York, you know back in like the Late 70s, with Deltics HSTs, maybe you should add it to the list.

24. tdotyeller

tdotyeller New Member

How about Rush Hour Go Transit Lakeshore Corridor??!

25. driverwoods#1787

What you are trying to do is give Oakville Subdivision passenger service in the form of a Reskinned Baby Bullet

26. driverwoods#1787

That means a V Set to which the design by Comeng was given to Tokkyu Car Corp for the Long Island Railroad double decker coach C1. In off the rails mode V sets will clear NY Penn Station tunnels due to them being 14ft 5 in height which is the standard height for Northeastern United States double decker trains due to 11kv 25hz overhead wires Washington DC to New Haven north of New Haven 25kv 60hz

27. xi haoyu china

xi haoyu china Active Member

why only old countries???

28. fabdiva

fabdiva Well-Known Member

Yamanote?

• Like Like x 1
  29. seandouglas

seandouglas Active Member

Yes please! But to complete the route it would have to include the West London Line from Willesden Junction to Clapham Junction. This would mean you could also add a Southern 377 on the Milton Keynes service ;)

30. mlouie100

mlouie100 Well-Known Member

NJ Transit's Morris & Essex line Hackettstown- Hoboken and New York would make a good route for Rush Hour and also include the Services on the Gladstone Branch.

• Like Like x 1
  31. driverwoods#1787

A classic TS22 route. Speaking of that route you have ALP-46A 2011-2014 ALP-45DP 4500-4534 MLV I-II 2011-2015 1977-1979 Arrow III 25kv 60 Hz PL42AC. That route does make rush hour settings with the NEC at Swift Interlocking 1996 NJCL & RVL at the Waterfront Connection track 1991. My route the Raritan Valley Line can give ALP-45DP 2021 Build 4535 GP40 CRRNJ Paint Comet I-V coaches to Morris & Essex Lines

• Like Like x 1
  32. Hiro Protagonist

Hiro Protagonist Well-Known Member

Got any evidence that the C1 was based off the V-set? Whilst Comeng did do the design for both the V-set and the C1, there are plenty of differences between them (shape of the upper level, length, location of the doors relative to the vestibule etc)

33. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Or any other japanese commuter route.

Yamanote would be difficult to do due to all the other rail lines around it, but there are plenty of commuter rail lines in Japan that would make a good TSW rush hour experience. That said, I would freaking love Yamanote Line in TSW, but I doubt that would happen. Something like the Yokohama Line would have much better chance of being doable.

34. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

You forget a lot of Dutch routes. The are around Gouda, Utrecht but also Amsterdam are very busy and would make excellent Rush Hour routes.

• Like Like x 1
  35. driverwoods#1787

I agree and Utrecht has the Amsterdam Utrecht Arnhem Oberhausen Duisburg Railway and the Rotterdam Utrecht Line. Those will make Utrecht Cs Busy by having Amsterdam Utrecht Arnhem Oberhausen Duisburg traffic and Rotterdam Utrecht trains