What Is Your Favourite Dlc, And Why?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Cleggsta, Oct 30, 2021.

1. Cleggsta

Cleggsta Member

Hi all,
    Each month I treat myself to a new map or two - I just bought Switzerland and am looking for another new bit of content. I've never bought any other content other than Rush Hour and a few maps.

I just wondered what content people prefer and why? I really enjoy Northern Trans Penine because it's just so grim, with old locos I saw as a kid. I enjoy anything with Freight - especially UK stuff. I love GWE, East Coast way, in fact most of it!

Looking for suggestions what people have really enjoyed, as I'll probably add some more content when I get home from work

• Like Like x 3
  2. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

Tees Valley.

If you love Trans Pennine then you will love that.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

Yes I agree, Tees valley, a great route

• Like Like x 2
  4. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I was about to say the same. TVL has a similar flavour to NTP, but is just... better.

If you like GWE, maybe take a look at SEHS along with the 465. The extra train gives it a nice amount of variety and, like GWE, it has both high speed and stopping services.

I'm not really big on the US stuff, but I quite enjoy Peninsula Corridor. Having the Baby Bullet and MP15 switcher DLC makes it a really varied route and it's nice to see all the other trains as you drive. It's mostly a linear route, but there are plenty of faffing-about-at-CEMOF activites to mix it up and the Baby Bullet is an entirely different beast to the standard F40PH that comes with the route. There's a bit of Union Pacific freight in there too.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Br425

Br425 Well-Known Member

Difficult, I would say Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr or Hauptstrecke München-Augsburg. Just because of the huge amount and variety in services :D (I am playing on PC so München Augsburg has the layers for me)

• Like Like x 1
  6. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

NTP still up there for me with the Heavy Freight pack. London Commuter could take the crown if all the issues are fixed

• Like Like x 5
  7. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

the class 465 is a joy to drive on SEHS. But my other go to is TVL. Especially with the loco dlc. The class 101 is brilliant because of its organic feel and wide view out of the window. The class 31 has some of the best running sounds (personal opinion) and of course the brakes made of butter add to the fun. The class 20 is also really enjoyable to drive. I use them all off route on scenario planner a lot.
    TVL has a variety of tasks and end destinations and fairly challenging speed changes to enjoy, especially a good challenge going hud-less.

• Like Like x 5
  8. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

My Favourite route would be one that worked. DTG or Someone has just broken my favourite route!
    Northern Trans-Pennine

• Like Like x 2
  9. DigiTMCN

DigiTMCN Member

My favourite DLC would be a 100% working one without issues :)

• Like Like x 3
  10. TheCadManFan

TheCadManFan Well-Known Member

NTP crew checking in once more. I love that route, the locos included, and just the all round period feel.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

NTP and ECW are my top two routes.

NTP is even better now that the Class 47 is "fixed" except for the lack of rail running sounds while idle.

• Like Like x 2
  12. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

My favourite routes are NTP and TV in equal measure. Both pretty much represent the time period, type of route, and loco / rolling stock that really interests me as a casual train fan. I suspect the new West Cornwall route will become a favourite, it’s an interesting UK route and whilst set in the 90s is still sufficiently retro to keep me interested. I’m just not confident buying it after all the recent troubles with TSW2 but I am tempted to take the risk. Glasgow Cathcart is another I’m quite interested in should I take the plunge and buy it but I’m not that into electric overhead powered trains tbh. Diesel’s still rule for me when it comes to how to power a train.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

NTP and TV are two routes that I enjoy vey much as well. And most of the time I drive the BR 101 on them to make them feel even better.

• Like Like x 2
  14. phillipa#1949

phillipa#1949 Active Member

Despite the fact that there Still Fixing it an up-date for it has been include in the road-map for it as well is BML ( Brighton Main Line ) i just love that impressive BR logo at Selhurst Depot the PS5 Version being the better of the 2 with the Ai HST & South Eastern services

• Like Like x 1
  15. Cleggsta

Cleggsta Member

Cheers y'all for the responses! I ended up adding Southern High Speed, Arosaline, Tees Valley to my already reasonable collection of maps.

I added the BR Heavy Freight pack too - I only wish I'd added that pack when I first purchased Northern Trans Penine!

I'm really, really loving all the retro diesel action across NTP and Tees Valley. Diesel Legends of the Great Western is likely the next add on for me, possibly along side the Cornwall route that recently released. Those old 90s passenger trains ( "The Sprinter" used to come through where we grew up, was very similar looking!) Look and sound great and trigger a lot of memories ❤️

• Like Like x 7
  16. pipanminuta#9703

pipanminuta#9703 Well-Known Member

I just love the route, great trains great looking route and best part is not just another electrostars or us route.
    Dresden-Chemnitz

(Sorry guys that like us or electrostars routes)

Last edited: Jan 23, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  17. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

Depends what mood I'm in when I'm playing, sometimes if I wanna thrash an old loco I'll have a bash on NTP or TVR, however I've recently been clocking up the miles on London Commuter so I think I'm going to go with that one.

• Like Like x 1
  18. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

A little while ago I would have answered differently, but since it came out I have been playing Brighton as much as all other routes combined. So many trains! So many and varied services! It never feels like the Point A to Point B it really is.

• Like Like x 1
  19. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

Dresden-Chemnitz for sure. It's the best route I have played.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  20. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Eastcoastway because of two service patterns one to Eastbourne other to Seaford. By the way Class 377/4s are a pain in the arse when going to max power in Snow & Wintry Mix conditions due to wheel slip therefore use Sand

• Like Like x 1
  21. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

For me, its Eastcoastway, TVL, RSN, and RRO as these routes have the best overall build quality and least amount of bug and errors.

Next up would be NTP once they sort out the AI trains blocking red lights.

I'd like to say Dresden-Chemnitz and London Commuter but there are just far too many errors and bug to sort out on these routes. Both route feel rushed out and not finished.

• Like Like x 2
  22. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

In my case Peninsula Corridor - due to the length, the trains and is very entertaining.

I also likes Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr. Despite is short, I can use lot of different type of trains and locomotives (Due to the other German DLCs I have), and there is lot of traffic on parallel tracks also. It is very challenging to follow the timetable. Quite different from other routes.

Finally I also likes very much the new Tharandter Rampe: Dresden – Chemnitz
    Due to the it is very scenic, the unique tilting DB BR 612, the add of the Railpool BR185, and the several extra trains I can use there.
    (Because of other German DLCs I have too).

• Like Like x 3
  23. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

In no particular order…
    • East Coastway: Amazing atmosphere, service variety, nice train.
    • Cathcart Circle: Very unique route and train. Branch lines offer stark contrast to the circle in the city.
    • Tharandter Rampe: Amazing tilting train, very unique route compared to the many German mainlines.
    • Isle of Wight: Cool little route and train. Love the atmosphere and attention to detail.
    • Bakerloo Line: I love driving this route at night while listening to a good music album. Matt said they won’t tackle another route like this one until they’ve made some technological advancements, and I fully understand that. The effort that must’ve gone into this is insane.
    • Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen: The first route I played, and I have fond memories of it. Very interesting ICE services compared to the “leave Munich -> full throttle -> stop in Augsburg” flow of the other ICE route.
    • Southeastern High Speed: I just love the power changeover at Ebbsfleet International, feels like I’m playing two completely different routes. Just wish we had the lower level platforms there for some shorter high-speed only services instead of having to commit to the same, extremely long journey with the 395 every single time.
    • Peninsula Corridor: Amazing American west coast commuter atmosphere. Really want to get the Baby Bullet DLC at some point, seems like a nice train.

Honorable mentions:
    • München-Augsburg: The ICE services are bland, but I like the S-Bahn train.
    • Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr: Nice & short services, but something is missing. It feels a bit out of date these days.
    • Long Island Railroad: I like parts of the route (like the single track branch line). Timetable needs some love.
    • Dresden-Riesa: The Meißen branch is lovely. Good route for a complete newcomer as it includes many trains.

• Like Like x 3
  24. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

For London Commuter BML I was able to complete an entire run the 07:44 Gatwick Express trip Brighton Gatwick Airport London Victoria service this was on Xbox Series X. Since I made British Trains become NYC Subway paint jobs these appear there.

• Like Like x 1
  25. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  26. frabjousvector

frabjousvector Well-Known Member

East Coastway all the (coast)way!

• Like Like x 3
  27. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

What DLC, Well to be honest I have all the dlc (like most of you...hopefully).I can basicly say that my favourite r=piece of DLC will have to be in the following order that I keep playing them.
    South Eastern High Speed
    Class 465
    London Brighton
    Dresden Riesa
    Tees Valley
    Great Western Express both 2015 and 1970's
    Most of the German routes (apart from Rapid Transit).
    East Coastway
    Oakville Sub
    The rest of the UK routes
    Then the US routes
    I am not a big fan of LGV or Arosa Line but will play them from time to time.
    Its annoying not being able to have all the routes installed on the PS5 due to the DLC limit but its nice to play say Sandpatch with my Livery creator creations and the UP locos when they appear or on Boston Providence with some of my livery creator creations subbing in (and the same with Oakville as well) on the PS4. Only come down with PS4 is that I cannot play the full GWE 2015 services, HMA extra services, Brighton Mainline with the extra services as well as the extra 313 bits. So the PS4 and PS5 both currently have their limitations.

Although having said that I have started buy GB routes for TSW 2 on the PC

Regards
    Hentis

• Like Like x 1
  28. frank1116

frank1116 Well-Known Member

WEST SOMERSET RAIL.
    Just check the In-game Buildings and scenery with RW Pictures and Google street view.
    credit to railcam.uk and thanks for great pics (removed the pics. Not sure abour copyright)

• Like Like x 1
  29. Maverick_ng

Maverick_ng Active Member

For me it's the DB BR101.
    It's just perfection

• Like Like x 2
  30. Jay1986

Jay1986 Well-Known Member

Southeastern High Speed.

Because I’m so familiar with the Class 465. I take a train daily from Dartford to Charlton to work.

• Like Like x 2
  31. Agent Llama

Agent Llama Member

I’m finding myself really enjoying East Coastway at the moment. Beautiful scenery with amazing sunsets, and the train is a pleasure to drive.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1