London Commuter Rush Hour: Where's The Passengers?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by iMarkeh, Oct 30, 2021.

1. iMarkeh

iMarkeh New Member

I am currently driving London Commuter and I am struggling to see where all of these extra passengers are. There seems to be one or two trains which get busy but the vast majority is still empty with a large number of stations having passengers sitting there waiting for the next train (like Balham, Wandsworth and Clapham heading towards Victoria. There is no possible other train for them to get, why won't they just get the first one to arrive).

It's all a bit odd. Nothing like what was shown on the youtube previews. Feel a bit let down. 3 pax per train may be rush hour compared to how it was but this is nowhere near as busy as it was made out to be.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

Brighton uses the old passenger numbers, apparently due to optimisation work (dunno what it is) and it didn't get upped for release, however Matt has seemed hesitant in saying they'll be at proper levels soon, due to the swathe of performance issues being reported - increasing passenger numbers would only make it worse, apparently.

3. LWDAdnane

LWDAdnane Well-Known Member

Had the issue of passengers not getting on as well, on the East Coastway route. Doesn't make sense, Falmer Station full with passengers (the 313 scenario was that the football had finished, if I'm not mistaken, and fans were going home), I pull up and nobody at all gets on, not an exaggeration I have it from my last stream lol. I took a closer look at the train and it was practically empty. Having passengers walk more like humans, dress differently with different colours is nice, but what would actually affect my immersion is to have them behave realistically relative to the train I'm driving. That situation took me so out of the sim 'world' and made it feel like such a game.

• Like Like x 1
  4. iMarkeh

iMarkeh New Member

Right, that would explain a lot. Shouldn't be released as rush hour then. Oh well.

Is East Coastway full and proper rush hour?

5. Clumsy Pacer

Yeah it is very annoying when they don't get on. Sure you could argue they're waiting for a train to a different destination but it shouldn't be all that many people wait it out.

6. LWDAdnane

LWDAdnane Well-Known Member

Don't all services that stop at Falmer terminate at Brighton?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Clumsy Pacer

Ah, didn't realise you were going towards Brighton.

• Like Like x 2
  8. gogglesguy

gogglesguy Well-Known Member

I had a "jumper" the other night. One of the waiting passengers stood too close to the platform edge and appeared to be dragged along when I drove past. Not sure if that's a feature or a bug

9. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Bug, the platform layout shouldn't allow non-boarding passengers beyond the yellow line no matter how busy the platform gets.
    DTG Natster : one for Adam?