PC Class 313 - Double Trouble Ai Getting Stuck At Junction

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by NQuarter, Oct 29, 2021.

1. NQuarter

NQuarter Member

After you uncouple at Lewes, the AI Train that drives away will sometimes get stuck at the Junction for Eastbourne/Seaford. Have had it happen twice in a row now.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2021
  2. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

Hi, thank you for making us aware of this could you send a screenshot of this happening as well as details on the scenario, time.

3. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

Happened to me on my PS4 as well, when I pulled upto the signal behind it I thought the DSD had gone off and the AI failed to deactivate it (I'd had it on) wasn't till I walked up I saw it had started to crossover to the Seaford branch

4. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

I was able to run this one without issues. I was running late throughout so don't know if that makes a difference. Was so late got a silver instead of gold on it. Should note, I did not have any of the warning systems turned on in the front cab out of Brighton.

5. jcalmann

jcalmann Member

Worked fine on my Xbox series s, but still a bug on other consoles it seems

6. Hiro Protagonist

Hiro Protagonist Well-Known Member

Had this happen to me last night (no save-game, clean run up until that point) - I 8-camm'd to the cab of the front train and the TPWS light was flashing, guessing because the points had it switched over to the Seaford branch and it wasn't meant to go that way so the system blew a fuse (metaphorically). Reloaded from checkpoint a couple of times and same result, also seemed like it was getting held at the red just before the junction for a little while with no oncoming traffic, which I'm thinking might be screwing up the timing/pathing.

7. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

PS5 and PC both completed successfully, but with no safety system switched on.

8. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

no safety system switched on
    no like

9. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Just completed with no issues, WITH safety systems. (PC/Steam)

10. Hiro Protagonist

Hiro Protagonist Well-Known Member

Re-ran it last night, exactly the same setup as before except I turned off AWS in the front set cab when I exited it, and everything worked fine.

11. hasse#8149

hasse#8149 Member

MegaSim reported this in a video he did recently where the whole scenario is shown and obviously repeatable.I play on XBOX One X and not on PC. Tried this scenario and it went just fine, so seems isolated to PC

12. sequencer2k16

sequencer2k16 Well-Known Member

Look here, there is no "real" problem, it just depends on whether you disable the safety systems of the first unit before leaving it or leave them enabled. If you don't disable them, the AI will stop behind signal LW15 and you won't be able to complete the service. ;)

13. Alex_m30x#7297

Alex_m30x#7297 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  14. sequencer2k16

sequencer2k16 Well-Known Member

He also forgot to turn off the first unit's safety systems at 16:10. :D

15. hasse#8149

hasse#8149 Member

Well shouldn’t all safety systems default to ON in real life? I used to drive underground trains and all systems were always ENABLED and secured by a seal so no one could disable them without knowing they broke the seal and would get caught for tampering with the systems, i can see why there is a possibility to DISABLE them in the game to play around, but default should in my pinion be ON

16. Alex_m30x#7297

Alex_m30x#7297 Well-Known Member

It is so beginners dont get caught up all the time and give up if they dont understand.
    Imagine if the first time you log on to train sim world ever and load a german route, all pzb is on and you keep stopping when you go a certain speed. Would it make you give up, it certainly did to me when i tried to fiddle with the switches on rapid transit, so i just stopped turning it on. Imagine if it was on and you had to work out what it was called, and how to turn it off.

17. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Yes, that's quite true; in many cases they can't be deactivated at all except by a tech. DTG have made the decision to have them off by default (and even fabricate on/off switches that don't exist IRL) because it is feared newbies and casual players can't handle them, at least while they're learning. With PZB they're probably right.

• Like Like x 1