Rivet's 1938 Tube Stock - My Thoughts

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by paul.pavlinovich, Oct 15, 2021.

1. zzw1983

zzw1983 Well-Known Member

The cabin lights don't dim or turn off over 3rd rail gaps like the 72 stock.
    And I can't even sit in one of the seats. It doesn't work.
    LOL!

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Vograx

Vograx Active Member

This happens to me the past two days (at date of posting). Sometimes it pulls away nice and slowly, other times it starts spinning and the gauges go bonkers for a few seconds and then it rolls out normally.

One time the physics went bananas and the train "exploded" inside a tunnel as I exited a station. I was barely going 10mph and the train did an insane, instant 3-4 barrel rolls and then flew out of the map, which obviously led to a "You derailed"-message. This happened after several instances of wheel-spin while pulling away, so seems something just got overloaded in the physics engine of the game and then ended up blasting my 1938 into another dimension :D

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Wow, that's... interesting, to say the least. So the funky Rivet physics are at it again.

The overall quality of Rivet add-ons seem to increasy, but they really need to check their physics better. Just like the train on the Arose Line was prone to jumping off the tracks, now this stock. And the class 150 also seems to be a bit inaccurate physics wise, from what people have said.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Vograx

Vograx Active Member

To be fair though the whole barrel-roll incident has only happened once and I've done dozens of rides with the 1938 in both timetable mode and going through the Journey. So it's not a frequent occurrence as much as it is a freak moment. Not had any issues before or after that one instance.

Overall the train is very nice to drive. The only real complaint I have, and this also goes for the 1972 Stock, is that the headlight is pretty much useless. It doesn't light up much at all in front of you. The reason I've got a complaint about this isn't so much because I want to see the walls of the tube as I drive through them, but the speed limit signs on the right hand wall as I drive are almost impossible to read. The signs are only visible at extremely close distance, and by the time you see that there is a sign it gets obstructed by the center "bar" of the window frame and you completely miss whatever was on the sign.

If the headlights were a bit more effective and lit up the area further ahead of the train (again, relevant for both 1938 and 1927 Stock) then you could at least spot the speed limit sign earlier and be able to read it before you roll past it!

5. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Fair enough. Though that wheel slip thing still seems to be a regular issue.

As for the headlights, I suppose the real solution would be if the signs in the tunnels would be more reflective, like signs are in real life. So they would appear brighter much sooner and we could actually see them.

• Like Like x 3