Cannot Sit On Some Seats On The Train

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Trainzdriver328, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Trainzdriver328

Trainzdriver328 Active Member

Hello, I noticed when I wanted to board a train and wanted to sit down but then I noticed that there was no "message" that you could interact with it. I don't know if this is a bug but I suspect it a lot. Here is a picture of what I mean. PS_App_20210407_122537.jpeg

Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
  2. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

Yes I've come across that in some class 166 coaches on GWE.
    Puzzled me at first, thought my controller had broken. But I'm not too worried about it, as the trains are hardly crowded until DTG can improve passengers :)

• Like Like x 2
  3. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

I have always found that there are some passenger seats I cannot sit in. Then other times there is already driver in the drivers seat and I can sit on their lap and they disappear LOL :D

4. railhub#5135

railhub#5135 Member

I see. I am facing this problem on multiple routes in the game:

1) Rapid Transit DB BR 1442.2
    2) Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr DB BR 422

Now I would like some explanation on why is this inability to interact some of the seats happening. Is it a problem with the design of the game, the internet, the issue when downloading the route or is it that when the team developed these routes they hadn't added the option to sit down on some of the seats.

I would politely appreciate a reply as to the cause of this and how I can fix it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. borg#1850

I think the issue is you have never been able to sit in "Any" seats you like. Only certain ones, probably a coding issue that would be huge if it was "Every" seat.

6. railhub#5135

railhub#5135 Member

I see. If it is not a coding issue where the highlighter reading, "sit on passenger seat" doesn't appear is it because that is the way the developer made the game to block access to some seats which is causing inability to interact with some of them? It is very important that I get this problem fixed because I have tried very hard to download this game.

When I was playing Train Sim World 2020, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the entire game but still in the Rapid Transit Route the problem where I am unable to interact with some seats in the Driving Motor cars still persists.

7. borg#1850

Why is it so important to sit in any seat you want? Sit in the seats you can sit in.

Just wonder if you are just trying to create a point of something and make people respond.

I do like sitting in the train but the main aim is to drive them I thought or maybe I am getting it wrong

• Like Like x 4
  8. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

LOL! I’ve read it all now someone complaining coz they can’t sit in every seat :D

As borg said isn’t the point of TSW2 to drive the trains? Maybe we are missing something? I suppose if you really wanted to sit in all the seats on a train you could buy a train ticket and try them all out one by one until your hearts content.

I suppose it really is true, train sim fans ARE really hard to please ;)

Last edited: Nov 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  9. ukpetey

ukpetey Well-Known Member

I think there are more important fixes outstanding than seats that can’t be sat in

• Like Like x 1
  10. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

Maybe our ticket isn’t valid for those ones.
    There are some unusable coaches in the 166 on GWE too. Been like that for ages. Plenty of chairs you can choose though.

11. railhub#5135

railhub#5135 Member

Actually here is my goal. I have had a dream of finding a new thing in train video games which is riding as a passenger since it allows me to admire the ride and look around . That is what mimics the reality of being in a train which is not just driving a train in video games but also by riding in AI driven trains as a passenger since it gives memories of me travelling in all the trains I have been on around the world. After so much research on many games with this feature I have found this game which exclusively allows you ride in AI driven trains as a passenger which is great. That is what I mean to say. I like to ensure that 90% of the seats are usable in most of the routes. It is OK if 5-10% of seats you can't interact with. So I am just trying to send a report so that I can ensure that these bugs are fixed and it is not a problem with the internet or the game being half downloaded. And I am trying to make sure that my idea of being a passenger in Train Sim World 2 is relevant to the entire world not just to me so that the team can continue with this feature. That's all I mean to say.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 1