Train Sim World 2 - Roadmap 2nd November 2021

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, Nov 2, 2021.

1. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

Last edited: Nov 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 16
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

Tharandter Rampe still has the wrong route code :D Was hoping for the next British route revealed, but at least steam is now on it's way :)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Mr heff

Mr heff Well-Known Member

"[Spirit of steam] first release"
    Perhaps this indicates that there will be a rush hour like season pass for steam called 'spirit of steam'?

• Like Like x 3
  4. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

So that means we'll see some first screenshots soon, this should be exciting to see
    Also, should be interesting to see as well. (Steam lover all the way)

5. Trainiac

Trainiac Well-Known Member

A small and big roadmap at the same time

• Like Like x 1
  6. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

I think spirit of steam will be the summer release for 2022

• Like Like x 6
  7. WonterRail

WonterRail Well-Known Member

Some highlights from this roadmap:
    • West Cornwall Local due this week (we already knew that from yesterday)
    • Sherman Hill & Horseshoe Curve are now in upcoming, which probably indicates they might come out before years end.
    • After a long time, TSG's Vossloh G6 is finally in upcoming, which means we will be getting a TSG add-on this year after all.
    • So the first steam release is on the horizon, time to start speculating about what it could be...
    …although I bet you anything, it's going to be a UK route.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Well, a lot of good news. Some questions though:

The topic Manuals and Guides is on the roadmap for a long time, but I do not see much progress, except for the good work Natalie did. DTG is doing a disfavor to itself. In many routes and locos there are undocumented features that are there but rarely used because of the lack of manuals. Also you may provide better information on routes and aspects worth to know.

My second point is the total lack of progress in fixing issues in the more recent routes. The AC4400 bogies issue and the floating rocks in Cane Creek, the tunnel lighting in SEH which is only partly fixed, some issues at Clinchfield which makes a number of services unplayable and I can go on for a while. These a not small issues.

I am also very curious for some more details on scenarioplanner and livery editor. I think this would be a great opportunity to collect some feedback.

• Like Like x 5
  9. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Nice to see progress going regarding steam, same for the G6 and the two US freight routes.

Though a bit bummed that Peninsula Corridor's preservation update is still not out yet, I keep hoping for it each weak. But hopefully soon.

• Like Like x 2
  10. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Interesting. I thought spirit of steam might be next years “big” package release but it seems they are going for individual routes.

A request to DTG. Please seriously consider including an appropriate non-steam loco with steam releases for people who are not really interested in steam locos but really want the route. It will not only please folk like me but will potentially increase sales.

• Like Like x 17
  11. Noel06

Noel06 Well-Known Member

Why are not coming any new German routes? I hope Rivet Games will develop a new German route in the south or west of Germany. But this week´s roadmap is not surprising.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dinger75

Dinger75 Well-Known Member

Great routes have moved up to the upcoming section which no longer means anything as pretty much everything that was upcoming hasn't moved an inch since the last roadmap.

Still I am sure that when these routes are released they will be great for those that don't have the PS5 version, you know the version where we have to deleted DLC to play other paid for and brought DLC because DTG ignored the memo relating to the DLC cap. Still our fix is still in the development hell called in production and its last on the list because it is the last thing DTG can be bothered with

I guess my question for the stream is why do you keep shafting PS5 owners?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Seems like Sherman Hill and Horseshoe Curve sprinted through the roadmap to me. Very much looking forward to the former, not so much to the latter right now. Also very exciting to see TSG's first loco getting close to release :D

• Like Like x 1
  14. SonicScott91

SonicScott91 Well-Known Member

I really doubt they'll do this on the first batch of steam routes plus it depends on when and where the routes are set. Besides, there's been plenty of non-steam content since the launch of TSW, now it's time for steam locomotives to have some time in the spotlight :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

First off: Still no new loco dlcs which is a bit disappointing. Because why would we develop new locos when we can just reuse them and pump out new routes every month.

Second: The "steam release" could possibly be the next British route in disguise. It's supposed to be next in the cycle and that would explain why they haven't announced it yet

• Like Like x 4
  16. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

It's a complicated process and solution, which is why it's taking time. The team are working on it, but it requires a combination of supporting teams which perhaps wouldn't be involved in the production route or loco - we want you to have access to all your content, and from a commercial perspective to have the freedom to get new content without having to compromise.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  17. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

Holy cow, Sherman Hill is actually this close? We are approaching the peak of humanity right here, folks! It’s Sherman Hill!

Horseshoe Curve approaching is also pretty cool. I did not expect it to come so quickly. If it looks good, I’ll accept it. Hopefully Skyhook won’t mess it up, and we can get a really good Norfolk Southern route.

• Like Like x 4
  18. kolesnikvictor

kolesnikvictor Active Member

It's very interesting roadmap! I hope DTG could find proper sounds for diesel locos both for Sherman Hill and Horseshoe curve. Spirit of steam is being worked too. Fine! I suppose we willget summer bundle like rush hour

• Like Like x 1
  19. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

I'll throw myself into this group. I'd love to be able to drive around in period-appropriate diesels and watching the steam trains go about their business, but i'm not really too keen on driving steam. Not sure i can be convinced to buy a steam-only route just for railfanning.

• Like Like x 4
  20. johnmcglade30

johnmcglade30 Active Member

When is the rush hour passengers going to be added to London commuter and what is update to London London commuter

• Like Like x 5
  21. johnmcglade30

On the bakerloo line the Overground session the stock markings are wrong

• Like Like x 2
  22. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

So what still remains unknown and should be looked for in the next roadmap:

- What is DTG's next UK route?
    - What's Rivet's next Route and/or loco DLC?
    - What is Skyhooks next loco DLC?

Apart from that - yes, finally the last remaining 3rd party who can now show us what great things are possible in TSW. I am very excited for TSG's G6 loco. I hope we get a preview very soon.

• Like Like x 1
  23. johnmcglade30

If we can have a stream questions for about the London commuter and the one in charge need to be brought to account to answer difficult questions prayer time now to stop hiding away and now answer our questions can we have a London commuter question stream

• Like Like x 2
  24. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I'm looking forward to some no-compromise new content appearing on PS5. Hopefully, for the sake of your commercial perspective, it'll arrive before GT7...

• Like Like x 2
  25. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

Agreed, any update on the issues?

• Like Like x 1
  26. lukereynolds1

lukereynolds1 Well-Known Member

Please add the Xbox sound issue to the road map. I understand it's a big job, but I'd just like to see it on there to give it the importance it deserves and give us players some glimmer of hope after months and months and months of unacceptable sounds.

• Like Like x 7
  27. Coastway trainspotter

I keep thinking that I’m not that interested in steam , but to be honest I am quite excited for it . Hopefully it doesn’t disappoint !

• Like Like x 3
  28. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

My guess is that it will be the steam route added to the roadmap, it would make sense timing-wise (or at least it feels like it makes sense to me).

• Like Like x 2
  29. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

I'm interested but I'm not a huge fan, looking forward to how it's represented in the game though.

• Like Like x 1
  30. appledates#4945

appledates#4945 Well-Known Member

Very exciting roadmap! Happy to see Sherman hill and Horseshoe curve in testing. Also very intrigued by the Spirit of steam mystery!

31. Coastway trainspotter

It’ll be interesting to see the pricing for the steam route

32. Skyz2020

Skyz2020 Well-Known Member

£35? 1 loco ?

Rivet to do follow up dlc...

Any takers

• Like Like x 1
  33. Bob12212

Bob12212 Well-Known Member

Also, nothing on there regarding the texture glitch on xbox. Although not as bad, is still happening.

34. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

If these two US routes release this year then isn't that four American freight routes in the same calendar year? Clinchfield, Cane Creek and these two. In the same time there was one Amtrak passenger route, would be nice to have more of a balance IMO. THese four feel very similar in terms of experience and gameplay.

I get that America is more about these long distance freight routes than passenger rail but still, as a non-American I guess I like to see the US equivilent of what we have in Europe even if it is slightly less common over there. Also getting to visit great stations like those in Chicago and New York would be cool.

• Like Like x 4
  35. Swisstrains

Swisstrains Well-Known Member

As some already mentioned: The American routes sprinted through the roadmap, so Dresden-Chemnitz might be out before christmas? Let’s hope for it ;D

• Like Like x 4
  36. Jamy

Jamy Well-Known Member

Really!!

37. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Not interested at all in steam
    Not interested at all in US routes
    Not interested at all in German routes

Very interested in the route fixes for the UK routes and hopefully the Cornwall route being a belter.
    Two very recent UK routes will keep my interest until something else comes along, so hopefully an update for BML and the UE crashes will come along before the big ho ho ho

• Like Like x 6
  38. Coastway trainspotter

Possibly , it would be like lgv last Christmas

39. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

Where is the correction of AI trains crashing at LBN and Dresden, where is the sound correction at loci 377 SN, 387 GX, M7 and M3 LIRR???
    Replys DTG?

• Like Like x 1
  40. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

I would definitely second this. Modern traction is more my thing. Don't get me wrong I love steam trains but I never really have the desire to drive them. I remember I barely drove steam trains in TS classic for this reason.

• Like Like x 6
  41. chacal#2181

chacal#2181 Well-Known Member

Well steam is à thing, an im happy that People will get one day it. But still i would far more would like à polished game, you know, with an empty bug report forum...

Actually, even if you ignore immersion problems (lights, People, sound, no dynamic weather in 2021...) they are plenty of bugs that prevent mission accomplissement, infinité réd lights, crash to desktop and so on...

Im a bit puzzled about priorities.

• Like Like x 5
  42. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

It's hardly a puzzle: new releases generate revenue, bug fixes don't.

• Like Like x 5
  43. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

Bug fixes generate revenue in not losing future sales.

• Like Like x 8
  44. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

This. There is a reason bug fixes and patches are a thing in the software market.

• Like Like x 2
  45. chacal#2181

Yes, of course, but is it viable on long term ? People may get tired and not buy anymore if not happy...

46. chacal#2181

Still they are compagnies that releases polished software and do what is necessary to make them polished.

47. kosti.nuuja

kosti.nuuja Well-Known Member

Which time period is the Tharandter Rampe set?

48. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I'm confused by the two items, Rush Hour Passengers and adding RD support to the Preserved Collection. They're in "upcoming" and "ongoing". Sounds like trying to square the circle. Which routes/ locos are upcoming and which are ongoing ( another word for " in production" ?).

• Like Like x 2
  49. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

years of TS1 releases show people will buy bugged content even if they know those bugs are going to never be updated... at least in TSW there IS a backdated support system! (kind of, maybe)

• Like Like x 3
  50. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

Probably around 2013 because of the BR 612. But that's a good question for the stream!

Also: What coaches come with the BR 143 on Dresden-Chemnitz? n-Wagen? The Dostos? The very same we had before or some older type Dostos?