Rush Hour Season Ticket Is Not Going To Be Around Much Longer.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Inkar, Nov 2, 2021.

1. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

Sam announced today that they will be removing the Rush Hour Season Ticket at some point in November, so if anyone wants to get it don't take too long.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  2. fl991r

fl991r Member

This announcement was a little surprising to me, since at the launch of Rush Hour Sam announced on stream that it might be available into next year, but definitely until the end of this year.

It’s too bad, because with all the teething issues Rush Hour was having I was hoping for a little more time to see how much they were able to improve it. For those who did buy it, what is your impression now? Is it in a buyable form? I suppose there won’t be much choice soon anyway.

• Like Like x 2
  3. doublefine7

doublefine7 Well-Known Member

I think it depends on the platform you are on. For consoles suffering a lot from performance issues and crashes I wouldnt fully recommend it right now although the three routes are worth the price in terms of game quality. For PC I would always recommend it because of mods and stuff.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  4. JellyScrub

JellyScrub Active Member

Of the three, Riesa Dresden is my favourite. The patch that added the Meissen branch and more freight was pretty nice. If you could only get one I would get that one. So getting the bundle may depend on how much you would play the other ones too.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

TSW2 Deluxe includes season ticket. What's happening to that? It doesn't include the routes in the bundle but the season ticket, which then gives you the routes.

6. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

Bad decision as every single Rush Hour DLC is suffering from severe issues.

So a potential customer which hasn't bought the season pass yet has now the choice to buy it now and hope the routes become actual playable in the next 9-12 months someday or buy them all separately if that state is reached...

It would be reasonable if the routes are playable for all players but now at this time it leaves a bit of a sour taste...

• Like Like x 6
  7. Lunar_Twisted

Lunar_Twisted Well-Known Member

As someone who brought the season ticket when it launched, they should at least put an ad in the loading screen that the season ticket is leaving soon on x date.

• Like Like x 2
  8. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

What a terrible decision, going back on their promises and the routes still having issues. Seems like an attempt by dtg to earn yet more money.

could they at least keep it to New Year’s Day, so those with extra Christmas money could get it

• Like Like x 5
  9. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

Well, I'll just skip it then. Might pick up the German and British route with a big discount later down the road.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Jinoss17

Jinoss17 Well-Known Member

In the end the deal was not too bad. Two good routes (BML and DRA) and one not so good.

• Like Like x 1
  11. kevin.charb81

kevin.charb81 Well-Known Member

I’ve really enjoyed Boston actually, having completed all associated achievements.

I just jumped back into BML which is working more often than it’s not. Still some game breaking issues such as crashes (for me it’s been 1 out of every 10 services which crashes), and trains bunching up at red lights and never move, which happens after a few consecutive services.

I’ve barely touched Dresden as it’s causing me the most issues in terms of crashes.

• Like Like x 2
  12. JZJ90

JZJ90 Active Member

Provided you have a decent PC I'd recommend getting the rush hour pack. I've had basically no problems with Dresden or Brighton Main Line routes, occasional stutters here and there but it's never actually crashed.

Going by the recent sales, a lot of the newest routes still don't even get included, and some of the routes which are a year or so old still only get a 15 to 20% discount. So to be honest, to get 2 great routes and 1 which could be great but for now is meh, all for a little more than the price of a standard single route is a pretty good deal. Even if you plan to only pick up 2 of the routes in future you may be waiting a fair few months to get them both on a high enough discount to make it cheaper than the season pass.

• Like Like x 4
  13. fl991r

fl991r Member

Yeah, this makes sense to me. I'm on XBOX, which is even worse because not only do we have more issues to start with (both with Rush Hour and with the core game), we also have way fewer sales and when we do have sales, they usually aren't better per route than this season pass.

It grates a little that not only was the rush hour release itself delayed, they are pulling the pass earlier than they said they would, AND the routes don't even seem fully playable yet. The business decision to pull it early obviously worked, because despite all of these factors I'm still going to buy it, but that doesn't make it any less annoying.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

As I've said elsewhere, this is poor form given the condition of some of the routes and that clearly there is still a wait for further patches. The Rush Hour passengers aren't even enabled yet!

• Like Like x 5
  15. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

I reckon it's being removed so it doesn't go on sale. Or during black Friday or Christmas it would do.

16. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

17. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

They say it'll be unchanged. Presumably Steam will automatically change the bundle so it includes everything in the season pass rather than the season pass itself, or perhaps Deluxe Edition will be the only way to get it?
    upload_2021-11-4_14-21-3.png

18. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Yeah I read the news. I think they can still include the season pass in the deluxe bundle but disable purchasing it as an individual product. Though it would be clearer to put each route in it.

19. fl991r

fl991r Member

So what happens if I buy the Deluxe version in the future? Do I end up with two copies of the game on my XBOX or does the additional content get added to my existing copy? Or do my existing add ons get added to the new copy? Right now in the store there is only a $1 Canadian difference between the deluxe and the rush hour pack, so if you guys have some insight based on past experience as to what will happen if I try to merge two versions of the base game together that would be much appreciated.

As I mentioned above, it’s already annoying that I have to buy this in its present state. But if I find out later that the deluxe version has gone on sale at some point in the future when the bugs have been ironed out, that would be insult to injury.

• Like Like x 1
  20. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

You will only have to install the additional content as all editions include the same base game file. Should detect it has already been installed on Xbox. You can't use the add-ons on the PC from the Microsoft Store.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2021
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  21. fl991r

fl991r Member

Thanks, in that case I will wait until the Deluxe Edition goes on sale some time in the far future. Hopefully by then the routes will be fixed.

Why won’t the add-ons transfer to PC?

22. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

The MS Store, Steam and Epic versions of the game are mutually incompatible, even though they all run on Windows. And the MS Store (for PC) doesn't have any DLC, just two flavors of the base game. Xbox is yet another incompatible version. So if, like me, you started on XBox, you would have to buy everything all over again from Steam or Epic to make the transition.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  23. fl991r

fl991r Member

That’s another unexpected wrinkle! So I guess it doesn’t matter if I buy Rush Hour now or buy Rush Hour through the Deluxe edition later, because either way my add ons won’t make it to PC, even in the Microsoft Store. In fact, if it might be better to get the Deluxe edition because at least I can potentially download that version onto a PC, whereas the Rush Hour pack itself won’t show up in any scenario on PC (through the Microsoft Store). Am I starting to get it?

24. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

If you own TSW2 or are on Game Pass, the core game should be ready to install on Windows 10.

25. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

The Game Pass version is fine, especially since it's free, but no DLC will be available for it. And if you buy for XBox, you are NOT entitled to download the same content free for PC: you'd have to buy it again.

My advice is just to buy the Deluxe Edition/Rush Hour for PC via Steam or Epic, assuming your machine can handle it. The PC version has better graphics, more content, and can use community mods.