Ps4 West Cornwall Not In Store In Game

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by xkhayd#5485, Nov 4, 2021.

1. xkhayd#5485

xkhayd#5485 New Member

Hello All, just wondered if West Cornwall Local is available in game store, as I’m not seeing it. But I am seeing it from PlayStation Store?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

The 313 DLC was and is the same too. Don't use the in game store as it's broken. Only use the PS Store for DLC.

3. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Thanks for flagging. Investigating!

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Lunar_Twisted

Lunar_Twisted Well-Known Member

Whenever a new DLC releases, I don’t bother to look for them within the in-game store as they don’t appear. I usually go straight to the psn store.

• Like Like x 1
  5. xkhayd#5485

xkhayd#5485 New Member

I might try that Lunar, but I've always bought DLC from within the game because it feels like it's linked to your account in some way. I have TSW2 on disk and when you search in psn the store it usually shows TSW2 digital version and don't want to buy a 2nd version and then mess up all the already owned DLC. I'll wait and see what other forum members are saying. Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  6. ukpetey

ukpetey Well-Known Member

while you do this, in the in-game store many of the items there have incorrect pricing - notably Season Ticket and London commuter

• Like Like x 1
  7. PHJ-MGF

PHJ-MGF Well-Known Member

Just get it from the PS Store it loads fine and works better than a lot of the recent releases.
    Just be aware you need to shut your own door when leaving Penzance in the training bits. it's obviously stuck lol. :)

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. frank1116

frank1116 Well-Known Member

2 weeks later.... no change, no update...really hard to enjoy this hobby

• Like Like x 1
  9. ukpetey

ukpetey Well-Known Member

No surprise!

10. frank1116

so ridiculous
    :mad:

11. frank1116

And another week.... this is just ignorant and reading in other treads "I will ensure the team are fully aware of how the community feel"
    is rediculous. So if it is not in the store, just keep it. Saves me another bad experiece. i have tried hard, thought, there must be improvements, there will be a flawless DLC at a certain time, but i was wrong, you cant do anything right.
    I have also to admit, that i am impressed that business runs obviously fine.

• Like Like x 2
  12. DANtheWALLY

DANtheWALLY Active Member

Yeah I've seen this. The in game store is very bugged.

13. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Not worth buying anyway, so many massive scenery flaws. The worst route issued so far. Very disappointed that Rivet haven’t done it justice!

14. PHJ-MGF

PHJ-MGF Well-Known Member

If you get it in the PlayStation Store it loads fine.

15. barryr21

barryr21 Active Member

Is this the case? I've avoided buying it generally because of recent performance issues but it is on the wish list.

16. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Barryr21. Rivet like IOW and Arosalinie are excellent at designing and reproducing Locomotives but their route building should be only fictional. WCL like the other two mentioned are nothing like realistic. Apart from the Stations which aren’t bad, St. Ives and Penzance look nothing like these places.

Rivet are producing an update this month to the Arosa Line and I’d happily pay more for St. Ives, Penzance, Carbis Bay, West Cornwall GC., Truro and it’s Cathedral, all need to look realistic as well as St. Michael’s Mount from a distance which looks like a hill and also on the route from Penzance to St. Austell, there are quite a few scenic places missing from the route.

It is a great shame as Rivet, if they had taken the time and care to get it right, this would have pleased those that know the areas of their route building and not frustrated them and really put Rivet on the map. I won’t buy a Rivet route again, unless it is marked down in the sale.

Barryr21, my advice is to wait until next summer when this route will be discounted to £14.99 or less before buying. It is worth that for the two locomotives but not worth another £10 for the route. If there routes were fictional I would be praising them but really all three are pretty poor.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  17. terry english

terry english Active Member

Hi to anyone reading this. I am a complete newbie to Dovetail games and Train sim world 2. I note your comments on the scenery, which you say is poor on the Penzance to St Austell sim. My comment is this; I am sort of transferring over from N3 Games and Trainz. They have a similar route to the one mentioned above and there is no way that you can compare the two. TSW2 is far far better than what Trainz has to offer on the same route.
    I find that the scenery, even if there are some areas that are falling short, is much more acceptable than Trainz. If I were to moan about anything, and this is not a moan, more an observation, is the cab of 150209. Now, on this, I talk from experience because I was a guard, based at Exeter St David’s from 1989 till 1999, when I moved north to Staffordshire. When I moved I was just about at the top of the list to go into the driving school to become a driver, hey ho. Anyway, now I have only seen the videos that are uploaded onto the net, but in the cab of the 150 they have a DRA perched above the driving controls. The advertising blurb says, (paraphrased) let’s go back to the 70’s to the era before privatisation and into the time of Regional Railways and BR. A chance to experience a class 150 DMU from Penzance to St Austell.
    Well it was still Regional Railways when I joined in 1989, and there was nowhere in the DMU stock, 150, 153, 155, or 158, all of which I worked regularly, was there a DRA to be seen.
    The same can be said for the class 50 with a rake of nine coaches behind, which I worked, as the guard, from Exeter St David’s to London Waterloo. DRA’s must be a modification that was added after I left in 1999. So there is no way that a DRA would have been in the 150 cab of the 1970’s. I’m not even sure that 150’s were in the western region in the 70’s, because when I started in 1989 they were still using the old slam door stock DMU’s. If you had to work one of those from Exeter to Penzance and back again you knew you had done a days work.
    Now a message to Dovetail games, if they ever read these posts. Now there is an add-on you really need to consider, Exeter St Davids to Penzance would really be a work of art because the route from Exeter, along the sea wall to Dawlish and Teignmouth into Newton Abbot and onto the branch to Torre, Torquay and Paignton. Or, on the mainline to Totnes, Ivybridge and then down Hemerdon bank, past Laira HST TMD and into Plymouth. Then from Plymouth down through Devonport and across the Tamar on Brunell’s famous bridge. Did you know that Brunell was very worried about that bridge because he considered it too weak to take the trains he designed it for. If my memory serves me correct, that was in 1859. Here we are, 21 years into the 21st century and his bridge is still there taking the line and todays modern trains into Cornwall. Trains, for which the bridge was not designed to take the weight of. Absolutely brilliant engineering. There you go Dovetail games, a challenge for the future, but not too far ahead please, I am 71 now.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

Paragraphs would have made this easier on the eyes to read.

• Like Like x 3
  19. barryr21

barryr21 Active Member

Thank you, really appreciate the detailed response!

20. kekanha#4892

kekanha#4892 Active Member

I have it ???, at the top.