Train Sim World 2 - Season Ticket Last Chance To Buy

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, Nov 4, 2021.

1. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

Last edited: Nov 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Skyz2020

Skyz2020 Well-Known Member

Will the frame rate be improved on ps4 before this goes on sale or after?

I think this would be a worthwhile question for DTG to answer before making people rush into a purchase that might not be patched before say for example xmas?

• Like Like x 1
  3. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Only costs £1 more to buy the Rush Hour Deluxe Edition on Xbox with Game Pass (20% off).

4. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

very good

5. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

I thought they were staying until Christmas at least, Wasn't that the information given in live streams?

6. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

They had mentioned about a week or so ago that the Rush hour Season ticket was not going to last much longer. Then on Tuesday they made it official that if would be coming off sometime mid November.

• Like Like x 1
  7. BigMountain555

BigMountain555 Well-Known Member

I think this was a great deal for three new routes. I am glad I made my purchase back when I did. Hopefully they can do something like this again in the future.

• Like Like x 4
  8. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Yes, but the Game Pass version is not compatible with any DLC.

9. solicitr

I think well worth it, just for BML (rapidly becoming my favorite route, and I'm not all that into UK trains or commuter rail), and Dresden (which still has framerate issues, but looks wonderful especially the Meißen branch). If they ever fix the cocked-up signaling on NEC, that's just gravy.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

The crashes as well

11. Coastway trainspotter

12. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

I play mostly on Xbox and it is compatible with DLC. Rush Hour Deluxe Edition still cheaper at regular price than buying 2 of the 3 routes individually for other platforms.

13. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Not really. It was said that it would likely be available until the end of the year but there was no guarantee that it would. It was more of a Christmas at most rather than Christmas at least. This is the first time we’ve been given an actual date.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

to sell the 3 routes individually to make more cash

£40

• Like Like x 1
  15. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

I am almost certain they said it would be available unit the end of year at least and that they would give plenty of warning for when it will be withdrawn.

SO they went back on the end of year condition and 1 week is plenty of notice apparently. It does not effect me but not a good show from DTG at all.

Especially when even the Rush Hour passengers are not even in BML yet.

Shocking really to be honest.

• Like Like x 9
  16. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

If you want 2 or more routes then you'd pick the Rush Hour Deluxe Edition. There is no restriction on buying this if you already own another edition (at least on Xbox).

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  17. solicitr

Fair point. All Microsoft Store. On PC, however, it isn't compatible with either the Steam or Epic versions.

18. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

We're working on incremental changes, so hopefully in most cases the performance will have already improved - not to a level where we're happy with it, but we're continuing to work on it. It's a bit of a non-answer, but I can't really provide more clarity than to say the team is continuing to work on it.

• Like Like x 3
  19. 59321747

59321747 Well-Known Member

I’m really surprised. Now that the PS5 has been on sale for a year, why would anyone still refuse to give up the PS4? No matter how strong the PS4 hardware is, it is the product of a few years ago. Buy a computer, it will do a lot of things.

• Like Like x 1
  20. solicitr

Because PS5s are impossible to get, except from resellers at scalper prices. Just this week WalMart had them available again for the first time in weeks- they disappeared in under two hors.

• Like Like x 2
  21. Coastway trainspotter

That’s quite a while to be honest , considering how quickly they usually get sold

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  22. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Do you have any idea how much a competent gaming PC costs these days, or a PS5?
    There are many people, especially our younger members, who would struggle to fund such purchases.

• Like Like x 10
  23. mariussoare_84

mariussoare_84 Well-Known Member

One needs to start imagining life with only one kidney these days for buying a gaming PC. But hey, the RGB lighting and the RTX 30xx matter the most. ;)

• Like Like x 3
  24. Coastway trainspotter

That’s me ;)
    I would like a gaming pc , but yes you are completely right , it is too expensive

• Like Like x 2
  25. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

They never said it would be available to the end of the year at least, you are misremembering what they said. The notice period is a bit short but it’s fine considering the season ticket has been out for so long. Everyone has had plenty of time to get it, even after seeing all the routes. On this occasion DTG have not done anything wrong.

• Like Like x 4
  26. appledates#4945

appledates#4945 Well-Known Member

Hi! If your worried the frame rate won’t be fixed in a timely manor it might help to know that they are aware and actively trying to resolve any issues. I highly suggest purchasing the season ticket if your interested in any of the routes as your paying around $12.50 per route instead of the usual $30. They are fantastic routes and I’d imagine they will be ever better as time goes on.

27. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

Here you are 12:42 into the video the Season ticket will be on sale until the end of 2020 and possibly into the New Year is said by Sam. He also said we would get plenty of notice if that changed on another Stream. 1 week is not plenty of notice.

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  28. schorni

schorni Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  29. solicitr

Nonsense. There are lots of banks just waiting to be robbed.

• Like Like x 4
  30. mariussoare_84

31. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

1 week is plenty of notice. If you are in any way interested in at least 2 of the routes and you haven't bought the season ticket by now after plenty of pre and post release streams & reviews I do not know what on earth you are waiting for. It's only slightly more than the price of 1 route, it's great value for money even if you think one of the routes is a dud.

Personally I loved all 3 routes and I hope DTG do something similar again in the future

• Like Like x 5
  32. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

He said that at the time of that video there were no plans to stop selling it before the end of 2021. That is not the same as saying that it would be on sale until the end of 2021 (or even 2020 as you have put here). As I said, people are misremembering what was said. The fact that you can actually listen to what he said again now, means people have the opportunity to mishear or misunderstand it again if they wish. The only firm details Sam gave were that the season ticket would remain on sale until after all three routes were released and you would be given a heads up when it is about to come off sale. That is what has happened.

Also, everybody having this conversation here right now knows what the situation is and can still buy it now, so I don’t see what the issue is.

• Like Like x 5
  33. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

This must have been the longest and most fairly generous discount we have ever had.
    We also have the option to wait and see and then buy the routes singly at a later date in a normal sale if we choose to. It’s win or win really.

• Like Like x 3
  34. 59321747

59321747 Well-Known Member

If you don’t have enough budget to buy a new computer, you can choose a second-hand computer.

35. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

If the routes will be discounted, the season ticket will not make much sense any more. We only can guess the reasons, but this may be one of them. Would be nice if you did not yet buy the season ticket.

• Like Like x 1
  36. orb

orb Well-Known Member

The routes need to be discounted 55-60% off for it to make not much sense any more, and I've seen 55-60% off discounts happening only for routes and locos being on sale for at least 2 years, so it rather isn't because it will not make much sense once the routes start being discounted, first -10%, next -20% and then -35-40% after a year, but because they want to make more money for the next 2 years by selling the separate routes instead of the bundle.

• Like Like x 1
  37. mariussoare_84

The routes need some "love" from the preservation team, as any route released, in order to bring them to the shape they should have been on release day.
    Waiting for a big enough discount makes sense as you should receive a better quality product in the end so it's actually better to be patient.

• Like Like x 3
  38. dreampage

dreampage Well-Known Member

The three routes were meant to be released as a package originally in the first place. First, the price was increased. Then the routes were separated with the reasoning of "quality" (they were released in a buggy state regardless). Content was delayed and cut, and now the option to buy the three routes as they were originally intended is being taken away completely. Even after a few months ago it was said during one of the live streams that there was no intention to remove the season ticket, even though its content was released staggered. The "Season Ticket" is the original form of Rush Hour in the first place! Just because you renamed it to a season you can suddenly remove it as well? Because content was not ready in time you sell it separately for a much higher price?

What kind of company DTG is, seriously? Since we're talking about digital content licensing, the removal of the season ticket is just greed, nothing more. I'm appalled.

• Like Like x 6
  39. AVFTT

AVFTT New Member

Apologies if this is a dumb question, but will the Rush Hour Deluxe Edition still be available on the Xbox store after next week? It’s not entirely clear from the article.

40. fl991r

fl991r Member

Yeah, I have the same question. The article says nothing will change, but if that’s the case then those with gamepass will still essentially still have access to the rush hour season’s pass at the current price.

I wonder if they’ll let us know ahead of time if they make changes to the deluxe edition or decide to remove it. My plan is just to wait until they fix the routes and then buy the deluxe edition but if they can remove that at any time then it changes things a bit.

41. solicitr

Oh, do please get over yourself! The discounted bundle was always going to be a limited-time offer, that was said right from the start. What, you expect DTG to continue the markdown in perpetuity?

Besides, what's your iron in the fire? If you were really interested, you would have bought it already, so it's not like it affects you anyway.

• Like Like x 9
  42. bakedpotatos.jm

Hey I wanted to buy it but not until they fix the Xbox texture glitch. So I'll be out of luck as my pay day is not until the 12th.

Oh well it is what it is, but pretty cheeky in my opinion. Lets not fix the errors that exist for past routes and stop selling the bundle after only 3 months. Usually they give 6 but they do need to make buck. Actually they only gave us just over 1 month if you were waiting to see BML first actually. So technically you get 5 weeks from seeing the final product. In all it's buggy glory and you don't even fix the major bugs before taking it away.

Thats what I get for trusting them a month and a half ago when they were still saying there are no plans to stop selling it and we will give you plenty of notice if we do. 1 week notice when the average person gets paid every 2 weeks. So oh well. If they has said this last week instead of the 2nd it wouldn't have been an issue. But they have to discontinue 1 day before my pay.

Thanks for nothing DTG. See if I care that I've already wasted over $800 in DLC over the last 2 years for a game I will probably never play again.

Because I will never know when its fixed as I'm absolutely never watching a stream ever again because of all the inaccurate information that spews from your mouths.

Seems to be mostly verbal diarrhea of false hopes and broken promises.

But you darn well in 6 to 8 months when it is finally fixed, if I do play again, I will pay full price for all the routes. Unless there is another game that takes my attention away before then.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  43. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

This is DTG, buyer beware. Fire and forget content which might or might not (but probably not, especially if Rivet are involved) get fixed.

Remember Flight Sim World!

• Like Like x 3
  44. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

He said on a later stream (can’t remember which one) that this policy has changed and it would likely end before the end of the year so, yes, they did give us plenty of notice.

Whatever day it comes off sale will one day before someone’s pay day.

I also urge you to watch the part in Tuesday’s stream where Sam explains the risks of giving out information. Things change in a business sense (as in all businesses). But people throw it back in his face accusing him of lying. This is why they are reluctant to give out information. The sort of reaction you and others have shown probably means that even less information will be forthcoming in the future until they can be absolutely certain that it is correct which, for DLC content for example, would be 1 day before release (see West Cornwall).

• Like Like x 4
  45. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I love posts like this. You're either playing or you're not. If you're claiming that you're disgusted and out forever, don't finish up with "I might buy them all anyway" because it's a pretty hollow threat. :D

• Like Like x 3
  46. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

From the article…

What will happen with the Rush Hour Deluxe Edition?
    There will be no change to this. The Deluxe Edition will continue to include the main Train Sim World 2 game and the three Rush Hour routes.

There will be no change, so that means it will still be available. I do wish they would word these things better.

• Like Like x 1
  47. solicitr

And the Deluxe Edition costs barely more than the RH bundle. $49.99 in the US, for the three RH and three base routes. So the "season pass" in effect ist remaining in circulation.

• Like Like x 1
  48. bakedpotatos.jm

Let me guess all you replying to me have the Season Ticket. So frankly you are not in my situation and have no right to say my opinion was wrong unless you are.

Otherwise you can just shove off!

And I don't watch all the streams I have a life and don't spend every waking hour playing games. Maybe 5 or 6 hours an entire week. And I only have 1 game installed on my series X TSW2 so of course I'm going to go back to back to playing its called being an addict just the same as you.

I'm sorry but overall the situation just stinks. They said way at the beginning and over and over on what I watched that we will give people time to see all the routes before making a decision. So when I look on the forums said routes still appear to be badly broken why would I want to buy?

So the choice is buy it broken for a discount or by it fixed for full price. By jove I just figured out their policy.

• Like Like x 3
  49. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

"Dormis perdis" - Cicero :)

50. bakedpotatos.jm

Stujoy here is my situation. I live paycheck to paycheck as I'm sure alot of people do as well.

I was holding out until most of the bugs were fixed or when they announced that it was going off sale.

So I get paid every 2 weeks my last pay was on the 29th $1400 Canadian. With that pay check I need to pay rent $1275 and buy groceries for 2 weeks for 2 adults and one 13 year old. So that check is gone.

So on the 2nd they said it was going off sale but Sam didn't have a date, and even he thought in the stream that was pretty bad he couldn't give us a date just it was going off soon.

So my mentality was oh I better buy this as soon as I can with my next check.

Then on Thursday they announced it was going to be the 11th it gets taken down. Well my pay is on the 12th. You would think they would have given more that 7 days. But it is what it is.

But I understand give a discount while it is buggy and then pay full price for it when its fixed. Makes perfect sense.

• Like Like x 5