Train Sim World 2 - Season Ticket Last Chance To Buy

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, Nov 4, 2021.

1. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Or buy it now and don't play the routes until fixed, which makes you no worse off than not buying until then, and you will save money. Although TBH it's ridiculous to call either BML or DRA "broken;" they have minor bugs, which are annoying, but they certainly aren't "broken." In fact BML is rapidly becoming my favorite route.
    NEC is another story...

• Like Like x 3
  2. solicitr

DTG never, ever announce dates in streams.

3. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

You live ‘paycheck to paycheck’ but could afford a series X at scalper prices and then have a go at others when they say they can’t afford next gen and want DTG to optimise last gen? Hmm.

Regarding buying the season ticket, this was your post on 1st October: What happened and why the change in tone towards the game?

Last edited: Nov 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I can understand your situation, it's not easy when you're living paycheck to paycheck and you have to budget for everyday items. I myself am in the situation making it hard when things release and finding money to pay for it.

I decided to bite the bullet and just get it when it was first available, and if there were bugs then I knew there would be fixes coming for those bugs.

• Like Like x 1
  5. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

I was referring to your earlier post where you say that he would give notice on another stream. He did give notice on another stream before this week. So don’t say he didn’t give sufficient notice just because you didn’t watch it.

And don’t tell me to shove off. It’s not nice. I suppose it could have been worse though.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Well, it was clearly stated by DTG Protagonist that the Season Ticket would be on sale at least " through the end of 2021 ". No question about that. DTG did move the goalposts, which they have a right to do, and it's a valid question to ask why. I agree with those who say that everyone who wanted the Season Ticket has had ample opportunity to buy it. But it's also valid for people to say that they were waiting until the major bugs, especially those affecting consoles, were addressed before purchasing it.

Frankly, I don't quite understand why the sale is ending now. I think it would likely be a big seller during the holidays, and no doubt some players were waiting for gift giving time. But then I'm not DTG and I am not privy to their business model. Of course, there are at least two Steam sales to come this year, so it may be back on sale again soon, at least for P C players.

Major problems still exist with the RH routes, but they are playable and enjoyable for most of us, I believe. So my advice is: if you want at least two of the routes, find a way to buy the RH ticket now, or take a chance on a holiday sale between now and New Years.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  7. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

The routes are not badly broken. I have completed the journeys in all 3 and didn't run into any major showstopping bugs.

The season ticket has been available to purchase for nearly 3 months.....plenty of time to budget for it. It seems to me you have been focusing on the negative posts / reviews and letting that drive your purchasing decision. If you were hoping to wait for 100% of the bugs to be ironed out while also hoping that the season pass would remain available during that time, that is a little optimistic to be fair.

• Like Like x 5
  8. fl991r

fl991r Member

I think a part of whether they are broken or not depends on your platform. On XBOX in particular we had to deal with the texture bug for a couple of months, and it seems like there are still issues when running with too many DLCs installed.

In any event the rush hour passengers aren’t even available on BML yet, so I wouldn’t consider the product complete. It’s called the Rush Hour season pass, it should at least have rush hour passengers before it is taken off sale.

It doesn’t really matter though, so long as they continue to sell the Deluxe Edition. It’s basically the same package anyway.

9. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

Crosttie has a point. Why are they stopping the sale now when it is so close to xmas? They must think they will get better take up of the routes individually but will they? Jury is out on that.

I was only interested in one route so just bought that although I haven't touched it yet. I'm still waiting for the preserved route updates (GWE) so won't buy anything until they are implemented. I am holding off on Cathcart, 313 and cornwall untill then. I don't see the point in buying something I won't touch untill I get the updates that I have been waiting on for Months.

But with all that said is there a danger more and more players will be put off buying DLC if DTG mess about with offers? I remember them saying it will be offered to at least the end of the year. Yes they then made a stream saying it wasn't but does that put people off or encourage? And with the bugs on top as well? I realise bugs are to be expected but they do seem to be the same bugs/errors. Sound for instance.

If I was in charge of the bean counters I would look to support the customer base and keep the offer 'till after Xmas day at least and attract new custom.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

New customers will still be able to buy the deluxe pack with all three RH routes. The season pass was a discount offer for those existing players who already owned TSW2 and wanted to get the first batch of this 'new generation' of higher detail routes without having to buy the base game again.

They probably think that if you were going to take advantage of their generous, introductory discount offer, you'd have done it by now. Complaining that they're withdrawing it is like waiting for the week after Black Friday and then getting salty that the prices have gone back up.

• Like Like x 4
  11. dhekelian

Normally I would agree but it was pointed out this offer was taken down after just a few weeks where other offers get to stay up a bit longer. Sales don't go on forever I realise that but they should at least follow what has gone before no? And imo, even though the offer doesn't interest me, removing a sale before Xmas seems a daft move.

• Like Like x 1
  12. solicitr

Nothing "rush hour" about 4000+ services....

• Like Like x 2
  13. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

I never paid scalpers price foe my series X I bought it at gamestop.

And no I didn't buy it because of all the negative posts when they previewed it.

It'a called changing your mind.

Either way screw it I'm tired of the jerks on this forum and DTG can remove my profile please as I am not going to play this game anymore. As I don't want to be associated with people that play this game anymore.

Have a nice life and reply whatever you want because I'm not going to see it. And to be honest I don't care what your thoughts are.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  14. Factor41

Probably best to avoid forums anyway if you're hoping not to stumble into other people's opinions. Enjoy all your free time now that it won't be cluttered up finishing off the remaining services of the CA$800 worth of DLC you've already "wasted your money on". :)

Could still use a facepalm emoji. And a snowflake one.

• Like Like x 5
  15. fl991r

fl991r Member

My point was that the product is not complete without the passenger system, not that the passenger system is the only thing "rush hour" about the product. This is from the Rush Hour FAQ:
    • What do we mean by rush hour experience?
      Rush hour in Train Sim World 2 means more passengers on the platforms during peak hours, increased activity at each station and routes that have complex busy services. Be in control as you navigate from station to station, watching for signals and fighting to keep to time - avoiding costly delays.
    So yes, 4000+ services is part of it. But so is more passengers on the platform during peak hours.

• Like Like x 4
  16. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

DTG are a business and made a business decision. I get both sides of the argument though. Yes the product may have it's issues but let's face it dtg weren't gonna keep it on forever. They said they increased the price of rush hour to give a "good quality product" which we all know now that wasn't the case. Clearly they wanted more money. In the case of removing the season ticket, DTG want more money. It's as simple as that

For me personally i wasn't gonna get the season ticket. I was gonna get London Commuter but the issues with that route put me off entirely. I can't buy something that is effectively broken

• Like Like x 4
  17. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

Changing of the routes from bundled to unbundled I really don't see as a justifiable move. The only way I could see it making sense beyond greed is if the Rush Hour routes underperformed badly and they really needed the extra money to cover their costs. However I doubt this is the reason they're doing, mainly because DTG were planning to do this before Rush Hour launched. Furthermore If they were really failing to sell I feel like the last thing that fix that would be making it more even more expensive.

• Like Like x 1
  18. dhekelian

Perhaps my logic is flawed but I believe if DTG put more work into fixing the game, core and older routes this would enable them to release more DLC with less problems.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Factor41

They're probably just sacking it off because having the Deluxe Edition sell for less than the season ticket in sales means it's pretty much redundant. Either way, they don't really need to justify the decision to anyone.

Maybe they're just planning their next Season Pass, which will be available... next season. :)

That's pretty much what they're trying to do, but they're a business and businesses need cashflow so they can't just stop working on new DLC to make that happen. Many of the recent issues stemmed from the UE engine update - why would they bother doing that major update work if not to improve the core of the game?

• Like Like x 2
  20. dhekelian

And how is that update going then you think? Do you think the game was more stable before the update or after the update? I would guess a large number of players across ALL platforms would say before. Don't forget Rush Hour as well. People like myself were saying at the time that DTG did not give themselves enough time before these two updates were done, made no sense.

I keep hearing 'they're a business, they're a business' I know that and I want them to be successful with TSW2. But the point is if they keep releasing DLC on bugged software how does the company move forward? imo it will end up in TSW3 sooner than you think. If the game was fixed including it's older DLC it would pave the way for DTG to release more DLC to make more lolly, no? They would probably be able to increase the rate at which DTG releases DLC too which is a win, win yeah?

You say they are doing that but are they? With all this new DLC coming it will be, release DLC then fix DLC. I for one have stopped buying DLC as I'm waiting for GWE to be fixed. Adam says the preserved routes have been updated bar 6 but doesn't know when they will be released which is so frustrating for all of us.

• Like Like x 1
  21. tallboy7648

Unfortunately what you said is a common practice with modern gaming. Release Now, Fix Later. We all know dtg is guilty of that. The reason why companies get away with that is because they know people will buy content regardless. If people stopped buying, that can always force a company to make changes quicker but that will never happen. It would be nice if this practice stopped but it won't because of money and self imposed deadlines.

• Like Like x 2
  22. Factor41

Oh, it's gone terribly, I don't think anyone would argue with that! :D

They needed to update the core software so that it could be more efficient and do more things in a better way, as well as providing a path for them to iron out long-standing criticisms – that's exactly what they were aiming to do. They didn't attempt a huge core update for the fun of it, and they certainly weren't aiming to make it a big, old, crashy mess of the game. And it wasn't their idea to screw over their PS5 player base with ridiculous limits at the same time.

Hopefully it'll all get sorted and will end up better than it started - I'm already seeing less crashes on BML than I was, so it feels like progress is being made. We'd all like that progress to be quicker, but if they need to chuck out a DLC at the same time in order to pull in some cash to keep the lights on, so be it. If they manage to get Trophies reinstated, I might even buy some of them.

• Like Like x 2
  23. dhekelian

I think my fear is that people will turn away from TSW2. There has been some already but if enough people stop then DTG might think it isn't cost effective to keep going on.

For me I like TSW2 and have invested quite a bit plus I want the game to be successful for everyone but DTG seem to cut corners (like in sound) that makes the game in parts frustrating to play and get into.

• Like Like x 5
  24. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

For all its faults I do quite like TSW and it has huge potential. However, DTG need to pull their socks up, both in terms of the core which really does need a good overhaul and the quality of some of the content.

• Like Like x 5
  25. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

On PS4/5 anyway 2 routes are very broken. On BML you cannot complete all Scenarios, it's impossible. On Journey mode it randomly spawns in the wrong trains to drive. I've randomly fallen through the ground and platform multiple times and have had to reload the game. People are reporting is crashes all the time at Victoria station but hasn't happened me.

On Dresden I can make that route crash whenever I want, I know the multiple bugs and what causes it DTG can't seem to fix it. In Dresden I can't drive within 900mtrs inbound of the station or the game will crash, does not matter what train I'm driving.

I own 90% of all DLC and BML and Drseden are the most broken and unstable routes. It's hard to enjoy them.

I've gone back to playing ECW, TVL, NTP and RSN since rush hour released and I've no intention of going back to the routes untill they are fixed and stable.

• Like Like x 3
  26. solicitr

I do feel for the XBox and especially PS players. The PC version(s) are less afflicted; the only issues I have experienced are a huge framerate slowdown at South Croydon, a minor one at Victoria, and a crash when shutting doors at Brighton (which can be avoided).

I suspect that many of the console crashes are out-of-memory errors; TSW2 running Dresden, on PC, uses up to 9.6 GB of RAM.

• Like Like x 1
  27. Crosstie

While a PS4 would clearly struggle with only 8 GB of memory on routes like Dresden, the PS5, with 16 GB should not suffer OOM crashes, should it? Crashes on the gen9 consoles must be attributable to other factors. I wonder if the 64GB storage cap could cause problems In game.

Console players in general are, on the whole, showing far more patience than I ever could. As a PC player I have a number of long-standing issues with the game, but nothing compared to their frustrations. If Fitz's experience is typical, I can understand the annoyance with how the Rush Hour ticket was and is being handled.

• Like Like x 2
  28. dhekelian

Agree, I wonder how many players have decided to stop playing the game and move onto something else?

29. Factor41

I'm still playing, but less. It's definitely encouraged me to play other things.

I gave Control another go - it was a PS Plus game a while ago and I tried it on PS4, but realised it came with a PS5 upgrade too and I'm enjoying it more on the new console. Hammering my way through Wreckfest and Art of Rally too!

• Like Like x 1
  30. tallboy7648

I still do, but not much.I haven't bought a dlc in 9 months though I be playing other games such as wrc 10, Scarlet Nexus which was on gamepass and I will defintely be playing forza horizon 5 when it comes to gamepass tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1
  31. dhekelian

I'm on PC and hardly touch the game. I'm waiting for the preserved routes that Adam has said is fixed to be released but like you say plenty of other games to get on with.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  32. solicitr

I'm still playing almost daily, enjoying what's there and not fretting about what isn't. It is true though that I have been leaning to the TSW2-native routes, and the PC routes for which Adam's work has been released. The exception is Oakville, because I'm having a lot of fun with TheShotte's almost-a-DLC SW1500 "mod."

33. JimmyTheHut

JimmyTheHut Well-Known Member

I'm on PS5 and used to play all the time. Since the release of BML I think I've played the game 2 or 3 times.
    After I did that first journey chapter and the game crashed at the end I lost my enthusiasm. I'll come back to it once there are more updates but I doubt I'll touch it until then.
    Not all bad though, plenty of time now to play Far Cry 6 and the GTA trilogy remastered.

• Like Like x 2
  34. Factor41

I'm looking forward to next gen versions of the classic GTAs. And GTA V updated for PS5. And GT7...

• Like Like x 4
  35. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

It doesn‘t - at least not for me. I can‘t comment on London-Brighton since I‘m not interested in it, but I‘ve played tons of DRA and haven‘t had a single crash.

36. Factor41

Mine was crashing on BML. There was one particular snowy journey where it crashed every time just outside LV, but I've not tried it since the last update. I have done a few end to end runs in both directions (in rain and sunny weather) though, and it has been fine, so maybe they've solved the worst of it, or at least made some improvements.

37. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

First they changed the price, now they changed the end date. Well done DTG!

• Like Like x 5
  38. dhekelian

You say the PC is not affected but then go on to list problems that are affecting the game, hahaha. There has been issues on the PC for a long time, the stuttering for some people, AMD issues, graphic card many have problems with RH and others. The problem is with the PC is that there is so many different configurations and ranges of spec that if there wasn't any problems that would be more surprising.

But where the XBox and PS differ is that their systems are the same albeit different versions so the problems they are having is magnified.

39. barryr21

barryr21 Active Member

My last 5 out of 6 attempts at BML (PS4) have all ended before the journey was complete. 2 crashes 3 got stuck in the red light queues. The frame rate around Victoria gives me motion sickness and the load in times on some of the buildings are bad but I can live with that to an extent. The redlights however make the game unplayable. Can spend 40/50 minutes on a route just to get stuck at the end.

I can't speak for other platforms but on PS4 it is a lottery as to whether you complete your route or not on BML at the minute.

• Like Like x 1
  40. coursetim

coursetim Well-Known Member

They said on stream this week that they've found an issue with a passenger not having a destination or something similar that was causing crashes because the game didn't know what to do with it. Matt said it was a really strange little thing as well.

I believe they said it was going to be patched across all consoles so hopefully this will help. If anyone has more details feel free to correct me

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  41. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

I do wish we didn’t have to wade through a stream to get these important and helpful notes on the game. I usually watch, but moving house this week so missed this. Why not put out pertinent info where it’s needed, here on the forums.

• Like Like x 3
  42. Crosstie

I agree, there's too much reliance on streams for disseminating information. I, myself, have largely given up watching them live, because they've gotten rather tedious, given over to PR presentations, for the most part.
    I save time by skimming through the replays.

• Like Like x 5
  43. dhekelian

Me too, I find staying awake the hardest challenge. Saying that when they do them 'challenges' it can be OK. Adam is the only one I really listen to for information but like you I tend to skim after he has finished.

• Like Like x 3