Predictions For Next Uk Tsw2 Route

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Wivenswold, Nov 4, 2021.

1. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

Unless they do it in the days of national express east anglia

2. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Potentially that new Scottish route with the 380 first, then. And then we would have something similar to a 350 to modify for WCML...

• Like Like x 2
  3. Jamy

Jamy Well-Known Member

I think the "Hope Valley" line would make an excellent addition to TSW2
    • Totley tunnel, 3.5miles long
    • Class 66 freight
    • Sheffield to Manchester
    • Stunning scenery through the Peak District
    • about 40 miles in length
    • NTP class 150
    • Class 156

• Like Like x 2
  4. formulabee#1362

Same, you have also got 185’s and 158’s

5. mickelmickle

mickelmickle Member

Glasgow to Carlisle

• Like Like x 1
  6. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

It's a shame that's no longer expected of them. We used to get two, sometimes even three locos with a new route, such was the case with GWE and NTP.

• Like Like x 1
  7. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Yeah definitely miss those days, hopefully we start getting more loco DLC’s for the UK so we can get some more mainlines in the game.

• Like Like x 4
  8. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

For me I'd love to see Cardiff - Didcot with the HST and a new train in the early 1980's era, 117, 121 etc but really can't see it happening. Crewe to Manchester would be a good shout. Didcot to Birmingham would be good and show a lot of new stuff. set in the 80's
    of course.

9. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Exactly. It would also permit adding AI Desiros to Glasgow Central in Cathcart.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Ravi

Ravi Well-Known Member

I was watching some vintage railway films from the UK and I would love to drive some antique electrics. Maybe a good electric route with AC power overhead instead of the 3rd rail power would be great.

• Like Like x 2
  11. dhekelian

I think Sam said something on 'slip coaches'. I discovered these recently and they would be perfect in the game I know they ran on the GWR and I'm sure elsewhere but they would be a lot of fun.

12. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

I'd love this route in TSW, as I use this route a lot in real life. It's a very scenic route, with all its hills and sloping fields. For that reason, I definitely do not want Rivet to make that route, as we all know too well as of how they build 'scenic' routes...

• Like Like x 6
  13. formulabee#1362

Yeah, especially as lots of the scenery is this:

6C723CDA-C1DE-4201-A845-82B6D8F0B636.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  14. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I think this is the one.

upload_2021-11-8_10-9-50.png

Would explain why they didn't announce any UK routes yet, and looking at the DTG catalogue of steam locomotives in Train Simulator, DTG mostly makes UK steam locomotives.

• Like Like x 2
  15. taybarker20

taybarker20 Active Member

I think a GEML route won’t be a bad thought since there’s a lot requests

• Like Like x 1
  16. fakenham

fakenham Well-Known Member

They must have started something surely (or at least have a plan), I'm surprised it isn't on the roadmap. Looks like they want to keep us in suspense.

17. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Hope Valley could also do Pacers, albeit 142s. I remember the missus and I bouncing along from Sheffield to Edale or wherever it was we caught the seasonal Mayne bus over the Snake Pass to Glossop and back again. The only drawback is that it’s very close in terms of area and scenery to the NTP we already have.

Oh and for those who follow Don Coffey on You Tube, he has cab rides covering the line one with a 150 and the other part of the line with a 66 out of Earles.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  18. solicitr

Steam is in no way going to be the next released route. It's probably the better part of a year away

• Like Like x 1
  19. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

Yeah but at the same time, 2 months ago, Sherman Hill was in planning. The steam route could be releasing in January for all we know.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Before the last roadmap, I'd have agreed with you. The addition of the first steam release to the In Planing section makes me sceptical, however. Rush Hour didn't see the lights of day before March or May, right? I get the feeling that steam may be closer than next year's big release.

21. Trainiac

Trainiac Well-Known Member

Tbh all I want is a route that isn't:
    1. Anywhere south of London
    2. 3rd rail
    3. An electrostar
    4. Diesel
    What I want is variety, not just the same locos over and over again, we’ve already got 3/7 electrostars in-game I think it's time to give them a break. There are so many different types of train in the UK but DTG only stick to a handful of what's out there. Given us something we’ve never seen before like a class 331, 195, 332, 333.

I get that it's not as easily as it's sound to make new locos but eventually, it’ll get boring, I'm tired of seeing the same or similar train we've already got, the least DTG could do is give us sub-class variants of trains where creating something totally new isn't possible, they've had the opportunity to give us the 377/ 1 with the older headlights the /5 /6 /7 but haven't, they could have modelled the refurbished 377s with the fancy screen inside but didn't.

One last point before I end, southern England has like 5 routes now? And the north only gets 2 which are backdated to the 1980s, show the rest of the UK some love. All I want is a modern uk route set in the north with trains the run on overhead wires, then I’ll shut up, is that too much to ask for?

So this has turned into a bit of a rant but I'm honestly just trying to get very very passionate point across.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  22. Clumsy Pacer

The trouble is, all the northern TOCs seem very difficult to get licenses from - look at the amount of modern northern routes in TS1, and how many of them have Northern Rail-branded stock (hint, it's less than 1). Unless the incumbent has given them a license, the best we can hope for is unbranded, or mid-1990s.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Vograx

Vograx Active Member

There is currently 10 routes for UK. 9 for Germany (8 if you look at Arosa Line as it's own thing for Switzerland), 6 for the USA (5 if you look at Oakville as Canada rather than USA) and 1 for France.

So currently the UK has the most DLC routes.

Maybe it will be a US route next? Or French one?

24. Clumsy Pacer

Well the next two routes will be in the US - Horseshoe Curve and Sherman Hill.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Vograx

Vograx Active Member

Ahh, missed that. Thank you. Hopefully they make them good ones. So far every US route has gotten rather crappy reviews on Steam.

26. solicitr

The Roadmap was fudged, after the 313 fallout. Sherman Hill has been in production for 5 months or more, if it's releasing in a week, but the Community Manager felt it prudent to keep it in "In Planning" to avoid the inevitable blowback if it was delayed. It takes 6 to 9 months to make a route, definitely not 2.

According to Matt's latest, they are still trying to figure out how to adapt Simugraph to handle steam, and until that's done they can't begin to build locomotives. At most what they are doing now is route research and possibly asset-building, which for a vintage route takes longer than a modern one.

I'm guessing steam will be next summer's big release, most likely August-September. It CERTAINLY will not be the next UK route! I am guessing a German route at the end of the year and a British route in February, since outside of the annual summer quasi-bundle, routes seem to come roughly every two months.

• Like Like x 3
  27. toggle

toggle New Member

It's interesting information.

28. Trainiac

Trainiac Well-Known Member

Probably shoud’ve said this but the routes don't have to be strictly set in the north, it would just be nice to have modern route set in a place I'm familiar with. Any route north of the Thames river would probably do just fine.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2021
  29. OldVern

If licensing is an issue, then retro to pre 1994!

• Like Like x 1
  30. dhekelian

We have UK routes in the South, North, East How about the west? Cardiff to Didcot or why not the midlands Birmingham or even Crewe? I agree with you that it's about time we saw new trains, let's hope they are listening.

31. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

Matt said (I believe in his executive producer stream) that pretty much all of the assets for steam are ready, it's just Simugraph that needs completing. There are rumblings about a static 4F being added to WSR, and if this is true I think it is almost certain the first steam locomotive(s) will be a 4F.

• Like Like x 1
  32. OldVern

I can go with that. Also in pole position for the S&D.

• Like Like x 1
  33. Clumsy Pacer

This was shown by Adam on stream and will be a mastery reward - it is the TS1 model used in the TS Academy (of course reskinned to remove the hazard tape), which Adam said is no where near TSW standards, and had been in the WSR files since it launched (and seemingly went undiscovered unlike the FGW skins for GWE) - it was always intended t be a static model. Ergo, the 4F is as likely as any other loco. Sam made a big point that it has nothing to do with SoS.

• Like Like x 5
  34. Skyz2020

Skyz2020 Well-Known Member

Virgin class 47 XC plymouth to exeter with exmouth branch

30 miles plus 10 for branch

(Exmouth branch could use 150 as a layer)

35. james64

While my three most wanted routes are Euston to Milton Keynes, Newport to Swansea and King's Cross to Peterborough I'll echo what some others have said and just say I'll be happy with anything north of the Thames.

If the next route is yet another third rail one I'll certainly be disappointed. DTG do seem to have a clear bias towards South East England, literally all but two of their modern British routes being set there (GWE and Cathcart being the exceptions).

I'll roll my eyes if it's another BR Blue era route, there's only so many times they can reuse the 101, 47 etc. If they're gonna do another historic route I'd like them to go back further to the sixties, when those diesels were brand new. One period I'd love for them to explore that no one seems to talk about would be the first few years of privatisation, around the late 90s into the early 2000s. That would be great because you could see both outgoing BR alongside the colourful liveries of early privatisation, although I imagine it'd be difficult to get licences for defunct operators.

As an example, I'd love to see a Newcastle to York route set around say, 1999 with 91s and HSTs in both GNER and intercity Swallow livery. Throw in Rivet's Class 150 (with better sounds) in both Northern Spirit and Regional Railways livery for local services and I think you've got a great route on your hands.

(I don't know how accurate having 150s on local services on that route in that period is, but I'd rather have that than not at all, and I don't think it's any less accurate than having Blue Peaks and 47s on WCL. I was only born in 2000 so I don't know the finer details. I'm not even sure if the 150s wore any sort of Northern livery around then. What I do know is SOME Sprinters must have still been wearing Regional Railways livery at that time, as I have quite a vivid memory of seeing a 153 sporting it at Lincoln, and that must have been in at least 2005, perhaps even later).

Sorry for such a long post. Had the idea as I was writing it so I just kept rambling.

• Like Like x 4
  36. solicitr

That's all but two out of a whole five.

• Like Like x 4
  37. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

You mean sister game train simulator 2022 East Coast Main Line south Peterborough to London King's cross re made for train simulator world 2. Introduces Class 801 to TSW2 with Tom Connell art work

• Like Like x 2
  38. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

way too much distance and fps drops to model there .

Imagine how big the trackside trees would need to be

39. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Obviously the next routes DTG releases will be Sherman Hill and Dresden-Chemnitz. Which will give DTG a few months before the next UK route release.

Why would they put up the first steam route on the roadmap before the UK route, when the UK route would release before the steam route? That's just the wrong order. And DTG seems to have learned not to put things on the roadmap if they're still very far away.

But hey, this whole topic is about speculation. I'd like to speculate the next UK route is in fact that Spirit of Steam route they added on the roadmap. I've always expected DTGs first steam route to be UK (considering their huge catalogue of UK steam for Train Simulator, compared to DTG-made German and American steam content), and it does explain why they haven't added an UK route to the roadmap yet.

• Like Like x 1
  40. Clumsy Pacer

Nonononononononononononono
    Bar the services out of York, not realistic at all (not to mention they never wore any variant Northern Spirit's livery - only 156s, 142s, 158s and 333s did). 150s are not allowed to run on many of the local lines out of Newcastle (don't know why, but IIRC they're only allowed on the Tees Valley Line and part of the Durham Coast Line).

41. james64

Why not? I've been having lots of fun driving it. Fair enough if it's not accurate though.

42. james64

True. Somehow it feels like more than that to me.

43. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Hope Valley set in the project rio days so we can have HST's running the line as well.

For those not in the know Project Rio was a timetable during the WCML upgrades when Midland Main Line ran express trains between London & Manchester via the Hope Vally line.

Was named after Rio Ferdinand who moved from London to Greater Manchester via Yorkshire.

• Like Like x 3
  44. james64

Hope Valley would certainly be a fantastic route. I first went on there in around 2017 not expecting much but I was taken back by how beautiful it was. It's also the perfect length as well, not too long but not too short.

• Like Like x 1
  45. facundo.dim

facundo.dim Active Member

West Highland Line, I really want this route in TSW.

• Like Like x 2
  46. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

then you'd have people complaining about the lack of traffic

47. dhekelian

Don't know what you got against BR Blue but perhaps it is easy for DTG to do because of licences, personally I'd like more but as what you said was interesting, having 1960's stock. Didn't BR use the maroon colour or was that earlier.

You also said DTG's version of GWE was NOT in the south East. I agree the whole route is not but DTG didn't do the whole route and the bit they did do is entirely in the south-east

48. james64

I do kind of agree with what you say about Great Western, when I say South East England I generally mean third rail routes south of London. GWE IS geographically in the South East but it doesn't feel like those other routes because of the stock. It depends on your definition I guess.

As for BR Blue, I just personally find it hard to get into when you don't have any attachment to it. I've tried really hard to get into NTP and Tees Valley but I just can't. It's just not my thing, and if they did another after WCL then I'll definitely be a bit fatigued. I'm definitely happy others like it though.

49. dhekelian

No problem, everyone has there favourites. For me BR Blue stands out cause it is the era I travelled around GB in. Ideally I'd like the GWE to be extended but we all know that won't happen so a new area would be good. Midlands would interesting and if Rush Hour got working properly would be great on there.

But I agree with you that having 1960's stock would be really interesting.

• Like Like x 2
  50. Wivenswold

Wivenswold Well-Known Member

I said it was "inconsequential fun", if that's not your thing, don't join in.