Roadmap Update - 23rd February 2021

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Cadetski

Cadetski New Member

At least one thing is clear. We're not getting any layers for HMA on console :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say that. Don't forget there is the 420 on the Roadmap for HMA. And without the memory optimization they could not release it for HMA. So DTG could offer it for PC only. And so it wouldn't be economic for
    DTG. And another good sign is, that memory optimization is still in production and not only in planning as it was some weeks ago.

• Like Like x 4
  3. jiroo92

jiroo92 Member

Is this confirmed somewhere? :o

• Like Like x 2
  4. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Sam said it countless times, layers on HMA are like the BKL timetable.

If they wanted they could put HMA layers right now, the problem is, current gen would not be capable to handle it.

HMA layers are going to be possible once the core optimisation is done, which is a huge and long process that might require months to get done.

For BKL Timetable it would be needed not only optimisation, but improvements to the dispatcher (not planned in the near future).

HMA is not on the roadmap because it's a by-product of optimitazion. IF the optimization is enough to allow HMA to run with all layers (which is not a given), you will see the item pop back on the roadmap.

This item was dropped from the roadmap because the current roadmap wants to reflect items which are ~100% sure to happen and/or something they are working on right now, and HMA layers don't fit into that category, and never did.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  5. phillip.good

phillip.good Well-Known Member

Interesting to hear Matt on the challenge stream last night. He seemed to be inferring that they were considering interim solutions by adding a small number of layers or services at a time

• Like Like x 2
  6. ScottN

ScottN Active Member

When will the fix happen on Peninsula Corridor Bay Area Breakdown where you hit an invisible wall?

7. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Didn't Adam say they'd fixed this in the last roadmap stream but were waiting on an update window to release it?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Skyz2020

Skyz2020 Well-Known Member

Hello TrainSim-Adam any update?

Its now been 10 months almost to the day.

Is it safe to assume now post Xmas for hst livery designer?

Thank you in advance

• Like Like x 2
  9. WaveyDavey

WaveyDavey Well-Known Member

Last time I checked the NTP mk1 and mk2 coaches still aren’t in Livery Editor only the Great Western Legends ones. :(

• Like Like x 3
  10. Skyz2020

Yes it will be interesting to see what TrainSim-Adam has to say on this issue.

Whilst great that they are done but not release, you have to question 10 months later and with NTP recently going into third party layer how on earth did they not make QA for WCL.

Also with the HST this would of been the perfect moment to do a IC livery for WCL

An opportunity missed here by Adams team...

Hopefully he can update us on a xmas surprise.. if not it looks like it will take a year from confirmation that hst will make it to livery designer to it actually happening(Feb 2021 to Feb 2022)

• Like Like x 2
  11. TrainSim-Adam

TrainSim-Adam Staff Member

Hiya,

The NTP Mk1 and Mk2 coach Livery Designer compatibility should have come out with the 4.26 TSW2 Rush Hour update, however during testing over summer we found a technical glitch and they had to be deactivated. Since the summer the Preservation Crew have been focused first on Peninsula Corridor and Oakville Subdivision and then major feature upgrades across the collection. However, we have done some work on Northern Trans-Pennine recently and I'd forgotten about this deactivation from summer. I will take a look and remind myself of the issue holding them back.

WRT any reskins of the HST stock, no opportunity has been missed. Any new livery for the HST will require an extensive remodelling of the interiors and exterior. The models are based on a GWR set circa 2016.

Rolling out Livery Designer compatibility for the Preserved Collection is taking longer than expected and along the same lines as fast tracking feature upgrades for routes recently, I am talking with Matt about how to improve the timeline for this aspect.

• Like Like x 12
  12. MECAl301

MECAl301 New Member

Just keep chugging along Adam, Matt & crew! Can't wait to add my hometowns past RR livery to the GP9R☺️ I'll make sure to post a picture once this update comes out and I have a chance to make it!

Last edited: Nov 9, 2021
  13. Skyz2020

Thank you Adam,

Safe to assume then no HST for livery designer before Xmas then?

I ask as before the road map we used to get specific locos in planning etc for livery designer now we just get a bucket of "livery designer preserved crew" and it seems to be random how and when things get released.

For example the class 40 being included recently was excellent but seemed to come from nowhere, after 1 year it would be reasonable now to have the hst for livery designer in the road map as at least a item in planning do you not think?

• Like Like x 3
  14. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

One basic problem with the HST is the physical model includes the metal "GWR" appliques which would still be very obvious under paint.

15. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

They have a separate FGW version, which has no metal plaque, albeit it is unused.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  16. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

fgw 1.jpg

• Like Like x 6