Modding In Female Drivers?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MxBrindle, Nov 7, 2021.

1. NEC Railfan

NEC Railfan Well-Known Member

RailWorks64 2021-11-10 00-15-13.png RailWorks64 2021-11-10 00-45-48.png
    Some screenshots, and here's the texture file.
    Just toss it in Kuju\RailSimulator\scenery\Characters\textures
    Then reference it in the bin file as
    <BlueprintSetID>
    <iBlueprintLibrary-cBlueprintSetID>
    <Provider d:type="cDeltaString">Kuju</Provider>
    <Product d:type="cDeltaString">RailSimulator</Product>
    </iBlueprintLibrary-cBlueprintSetID>
    </BlueprintSetID>
    <BlueprintID d:type="cDeltaString">scenery\Characters\Female_Sitting_06.xml</BlueprintID>
    Don't forget to tick the RailSimulator assets in the scenario editor too.
    If you want to fix her looking around so much, just set the animation to female_sit_01 in the bin file for her model (Female_Sitting_06), that should fix her distraction. Unfortunately using a male driver animation would twist the body for some reason.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

It's actually not, now; not yet. Incoming training is changing things and some TOCs have reported a 50:50 gender split in their new driver training classes (although LNER said the applicants it had for driver roles in 2020 were 83% male so Southern / Thameslink may be better targeting their recruitment or artificially skewing their intake for good press). However, as of a couple of years ago, the number of females amongst Britain's train drivers was only around 6.5%. If you want statistically accurate representation, TSW is not where you'll find it! :)

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. JaneyBananey

JaneyBananey Member

Thank you so, so, so much for this. I've some spare time this weekend, and whilst I am absolute bums at 3D modelling and texturing, I may give it a whack. I wanted to see a stand in for my poor self struggling to control one of the SŽ locos or perhaps one of the Class 360s for so long now.

I will post results! Question, though: And any advice on how to pose her, and get the alignment and all? Bang-up job on the reskin, she looks great!

4. NEC Railfan

Well the pose is based in the .ban animation file, and I used female_sit_01 because the male driver animation would twist her body up, so I just went with one of the female sitting animations that just had her looking straight ahead. To take away the animation would simply make her T-pose lol. This is the best I really got for now, unless I can find more sitting animations. RailWorks64 2021-11-10 01-46-31.png
    Alignment isn't a big deal, only change the bottom referencing bit, the other lines of code (especially that 16 block) has it already set by default to how it should be in terms of rotation, positioning, etc...
    <iBlueprintLibrary-cBlueprintSetID>
    <Provider d:type="cDeltaString">RSC</Provider>
    <Product d:type="cDeltaString">P42Pack01</Product>
    </iBlueprintLibrary-cBlueprintSetID>
    </BlueprintSetID>
    <BlueprintID d:type="cDeltaString">Scenery\Characters\GX_Engineer01.xml</BlueprintID>
    This is all you should change, though this example above would vary on the Class 360 for example.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. JaneyBananey

JaneyBananey Member

You are a deity, thank you so much for this.

6. NEC Railfan

No problem, happy to help. :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. zefreak

zefreak Active Member

Should I be surprised that a bunch of people start complaining about "woke culture" when someone asks if they can play as a female character? What a silly world.

As for the simulation argument.. it's a Train simulator, and half of the time even the trains are not modeled accurately.

• Like Like x 4
  8. JaneyBananey

JaneyBananey Member

I truly don't understand it either. It's a mod, nobody is making you use it. Why go out of your way to make it so other people feel their request - which does not affect your game at all - is an unreasonable act of war?

• Like Like x 3
  9. Aryffordd

Aryffordd Guest

But that’s exactly it isn’t it? A confected “culture war”. It’s a game. A lovely passtime that makes us feel a bit happier in the world.

• Like Like x 3
  10. JaneyBananey

JaneyBananey Member

Exactly that. And I find the very tiniest morsel of comfort in being able to press F2 and seeing a woman behind the driver's desk. Apparently my desire to do this is going to usher in the collapse of Western Civilisation or what have you.

If it does, holy moly, how fragile is said civilisation

• Like Like x 2