My Gwe Wishlist

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by trainsimgaming1001, Sep 21, 2021.

1. trainsimgaming1001

trainsimgaming1001 Well-Known Member

My Great Western Express Preservation Wishlist:

PIS
    Livery Editor
    Class 180 Adelante (I would totaly write or youl be going nowhere on it)
    Rush Hour Passenger System
    Better Exploration of Paddington Station (I would love to at least walk to the London Undergronud Ticket Hall, where maybe a portal to Bakerloo Line could be)

• Like Like x 9
  2. Skyz2020

Skyz2020 Well-Known Member

Agree, especially livery editor for hst

• Like Like x 1
  3. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

Put up some wires and add the GWR 387 as a separate timetable, similar to Diesel Legends. I can't remember where on the forum but I believe it was confirmed you can drive the 387 with the pantograph up on a suitable route like CCL. Maybe down the line they could add an 800 too. It's such an iconic and major train in the UK that I genuinely believe it'll eventually be added to TSW2 anyway (unless rights get in the way). That'll give three different timetables for the route, so tonnes of replay value.

On a more realistic note, I just want functioning PIS, rush hour passengers, and a much busier timetable. I love this route and it's my favourite in TSW2, but it feels so dead.

(Oh, and ask GWR really REALLY nicely if they can put back in the classic FGW livery so console users can enjoy it and mods are no longer needed. Know it won't happen but it's fun to have dreams).

• Like Like x 2
  4. james64

I too would love the Adelante. Not only for the memes but because it's such an interesting DMU with a lot of character. Plus it would be the first "high speed" DMU in the game.

A portal to the Bakerloo line is an excellent idea. It would put the "world" in Train sim world. The loading screen wouldn't even be too jarring on the PS5 and Series X thanks to the fast SSDs.

5. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

I never understood why they released it half with wires and half without, it seemed and still does seem nonsensical to bother modeling the catenary wjhen it is unusable.

I'd love to see them finish the job and give us 801s on the route.

6. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

It's realistic. The route is set during the electrification of the GWML.

• Like Like x 3
  7. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

You think Adam's team have the personnel or time to build 2/3 of Paddington from scratch?

• Like Like x 2
  8. solicitr

Yup. Set in late 2016-early 2017, which is why the HSTs are still running on it. Originally it was to come with a mix of old blue FGW and new green GWR liveries (and a mod unlocks the blue). At that time, electrification had only been completed as far as Hayes and Harlington/Airport Junction, for the Heathrow Express; beyond that you can see the installation in progress, until past around Maidenhead even the stanchions aren't up yet.

• Like Like x 1
  9. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

If you're a Brighton Main Line owner give class 387/2 London Paddington to Hayes and Harlington services that was how it was done in 2016 before the overhead contact system went to Reading Station.

10. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

I take it the 180 is like a potential DLC? (A job for the suggestions forum).

Also for the folk hoping for an IET or a 387 Reskin, don't get your hopes up.

The route is set bang in the middle of Electrification of the line, so the only active wires are between Paddington and Hayes, for the Heathrow Line.

And for those thinking the 387 will just layer - the GX livery will be an immersion killer - Era considered.

• Like Like x 1
  11. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

There is already a thread in the suggestion section, anyway my wishlist ( maybe they didnt touch it because rush hour)

- rushhour passenger system & pis screen
    - working pis on cl166
    - working speed console on hst (buttons on the speed indicator box)
    - finally update the cl66, so we dont have this nonsense of an ews old gwr version & new ews eastcoast version
    - including more services & ai services
    - more loco dlcs incl. services for more variety
    - extension to oxford!! (No not for free, would pay for that:)

• Like Like x 1
  12. fakenham

fakenham Well-Known Member

Still one of my fav routes. Extension to Oxford would be nice - nice long run there. In fact, any extension to this route would be nice.

Would like to see the signalling upgraded, e.g slow speed approach control (from red) for the appropriate junctions.

13. james64

I'd love to see ATP functionality on the HST. They'd never add it but it'd be nice.

14. solicitr

There were no 387s running the HX in 2016! They were 332s.

• Like Like x 1
  15. mattwild55

mattwild55 Well-Known Member

I'm sure I'll be accused of pie in the sky thinking but here's a more radical idea - what about retiring (or heavily discounting) the 'original' GWE (as it's one of the oldest DLC on sale now) and replacing it with a new version (a sort of GWE Deluxe) which builds on the existing line but updates to the current day with full electrification, more rolling stock and a new timetable?

- Use all of the existing stock plus Class 801, Heathrow Express 387 units (reliveried from BML so less work there) and Crossrail 345
    - Updated Class 166 with PIS etc.
    - Build all of the main branch lines (to Greenford, Heathrow, Windsor & Eton Central, Marlow and Henley-on-Thames) which combined are around 22 miles of new track and scenery
    - New timetable to suit
    - PIS at all stations
    - Full Rush Hour and night lighting treatment

Then charge somewhere close to full route price for it. Obviously this doesn't work at all if GWE is still selling any significant numbers, but if sales have dried up, then it might be a way to build on what already exists.

No idea if this could reasonably be done in the timeframe / budget of regular route building, but you'd end up with a substantial, varied and very busy network (which ultimately is what a lot of folk have been asking for, and fits in with the Rush Hour theme).

• Like Like x 4
  16. driverwoods#1787

Thank you for correcting me what I meant is Great Western Railway introducing them on 5 September 2016 towards Hayes and Harlington.

17. trainsimgaming1001

trainsimgaming1001 Well-Known Member

The problem with most high speed routes is the length of the Service. In the real world, a HST Service from say London to Penzance would take 6-8 Hours. In this game, the longest you can do is 20 Minutes. An extension should happen. If DTG do not want to Combine the Route, they could create Reading - Wherever separately then have a portal between the 2 for owners of both when using an Applicable Service. A message could be like this:

This Service continues to _______. Would you like to Continue this service on Reading to _______?

Reversed

This Service continues to London Paddington. Would you like to Continue this service on Great Western Express?

It would allow people who are only interested in beyond reading to experience the parts beyond reading without having to buy 2 DLC (GWE and Extension)

• Like Like x 5
  18. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Agree a fresh start might be the way to go, albeit utilising assets from the existing route. However from a purely personal view I would rather they do a NTP and retro the route to the 70’s/early 80’s along with an extension to Oxford and the branch lines. Would need a Class 50 and Class 117 DMU to complement the existing traction from that era, but I would happily pay £25 again for a proper period representation.

• Like Like x 3
  19. driverwoods#1787

Excellent idea and I can see this also happening with the German routes. Example is Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr with Ruhr-Sieg Nord RE16 this service continues to Finnentrop. Would you like to continue service on Ruhr Sieg Nord? Reverse is this service continues on to Essen. Would you like to continue this service on Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr?
    Another Case for GWML London Paddington to reading is if Just Trains comes in to work on Great Western Main Line extensions to Cardiff via Bristol and Plymouth via Taunton Bedwyn Newbury that screen will show up.

20. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

I just watched (or watched a little of it) a two year old youtube video of a TS route, Paddington - Penzance. And it had all the stations. Didcot, Bath, Swindon etc. You had to download a few packs including extension packs and some enhancing packs. Although the video did not show any AI trains the pack is available to do so and there was an Oxford - Bicester pack he didn't have either. Some of the packs were free as well.

It was said in the stream that the total cost would be £60! That is over 6 hours, it looked pretty good as well. I wish we had talented people like that doing TSW2 content, I'd buy it like a shot. They talking about doing a London - Edinburgh or Glasgow and other routes to the North.

21. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

Western Mainlines and its extensions were made by JustTrains, so it's hardly a community route. They're one of the TS veterans that are unwilling to move to TSW, but even with their experience, JT never had a name for quality routes and Western Mainlines was not done very well. Only the Plymouth to Penzance section is considered good, and even then there's the classic JT faults, like dodgy track placement.

22. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

From my understanding from the video there was about 6 packs of extensions and a few packs of enhancements which were done by the community and some were free. I don't know who made the individual packs but going by the maker of the video (who was very critical of TSW2) he loved it and so did the others in the video.

I do have TS going back years now but have only played it once or twice and had the opinion that the graphics started to look a little dated but seeing that video I am tempted to give a go.