Thoughts On West Cornwall, So Far....

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by furiousbigface, Nov 4, 2021.

1. Lion-Face

Lion-Face Member

While I think it would be interesting to see failures and technical issues simulated or having a random chance of happening in game. So far there hasn't been any deliberate simulation of these sorts of issues, so I would say this is a bug and not an intended feature.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

Sorry I don't know.

3. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

When it happens I incorporate it into Game play and get out and manually close the doors. I suspect this is a bug too or Rivet would have informed the users about it upon release.

4. fezza

fezza Active Member

There is actually a scenario in South East Coastway where you have to do this, but I was joking about the 150 - I'm sure it's just a bug in this case.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

There's a couple of things that irk me about WCL.
    Firstly, absolutely no time to set up the cab for proper running.
    Secondly, in the scenario coastal takeover where you have to change ends twice (once at the start and once towards the end), you don't have enough time to perform the turn around at St. Austell and then change ends at St. Erth to go up the St. Ives branch line meaning you're always late.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I really don’t understand why such limited time is given to set up at the start. It’s ridiculous. This needs to be the case in every future timetable. There is no excuse not to have it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. cjheron

cjheron Member

Yes they do as they have ceramic breaks I believe. It’s what makes them a very distinctive train.

8. ukpetey

ukpetey Well-Known Member

Sorry if this seems pedantic, but since many members here are international I prefer to think of it as ‘educational’

“squeal”

“brakes”

9. screamfan

screamfan Member

How do you close the train doors in Penzance during the A Cornish Circle scenario? It's just impossible even by closing them manually they open by themselves

• Like Like x 1
  10. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Take a deep breath and try again. Try not to throw the controller at the TV. It works eventually.

11. screamfan

screamfan Member

Ha ha ha thanks for the tip dude

I'm laughing but this is a joke how can they release it broken like that

12. Tonto62

Tonto62 Well-Known Member

Glad to hear there are seagulls. However, they're not very good at their job leaving all those unattended ice creams unmolested. And why don't the ice creams melt? I can see the point of the posters and maps we're supposed to distribute all over the route but luggage? It's there at all hours once you've placed it, the bomb squad must be very busy dealing with all that unattended luggage. :)

• Like Like x 4
  13. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

I haven't done the scenario but have had the doors not closing problem several times. When it has happened to me I found the best way is to start at the other end of the train. Doing it that way they haven't opened themselves back up again.

• Like Like x 1
  14. phillipa#1949

phillipa#1949 Active Member

Just one Question i would like to ask is does it have a Play-Station Trophy set as it was rumored both launch as it would not Support PS trophies ?

15. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

It doesn't have trophies in this one

16. phillipa#1949

phillipa#1949 Active Member

Thank-you. I am not buying this then

17. StefanVXR8

StefanVXR8 New Member

I’m having issues with the ballast laying scenario. Once the wagons are left at St Erth, I end up with no brakes (it’s not the air Vs vacuum switching issue), the loco simply fails to stop at the carriage depot even with trying the direct brake.

Also on the ice cream/poster side I have triple checked every station and I’m still ‘missing’ stuff.

18. BobbyC

BobbyC New Member

If you’ve done the stations the chances are you are missing 5 items:
    Long Rock Depot x2
    Stone Castle between Camborne & Redruth - Follow the Footpath from the nearest crossing to Castle.
    St Ives Beach x 2. Walk back towards St Erth and follow the Footpath on left after the Road bridge.

Hope this helps.

• Like Like x 1
  19. johnmcglade30

johnmcglade30 Active Member

I purchased it route I have downloaded it on my PS4 and it's not coming up can someone help me

20. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

Not a fan of scenic routes. This must be the most boring route I have and I have LGV. I don't think the route is bad. There is a lot of refreshing ideas in this route but the driving is so boring. I like how detailed the locos are but hate to drive them. After playing this I don't think I'm in for steam routes.

21. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

Yeah they do

22. Tonto62

Tonto62 Well-Known Member

Don't worry, when you're driving a steam locomotive you won't have time to look at the scenery. :)

• Like Like x 3
  23. ukpetey

I can’t get to the stone castle - assuming it’s the one on the left on route to Redruth, by a crossing with a footbridge over…. It’s driving me nuts!

24. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

If you're walking from Redruth there is a crossing just before the stone building. Go to the right and walk along the path to the building.

25. ukpetey

Is this the building? I have no way to get to it!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  26. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

You just walk straight to it down the side of the fence.

27. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Yes that is the building just go to your right and walk towards the building.

28. StefanVXR8

StefanVXR8 New Member

No, it's not that one. The 'stone castle' you need is between Redruth and Truro, and not too far from Redruth.

BTW, those stone castles are actually engine houses, they used to hold various steam beam engines that were used to do various things in the mines like pump water, operate lift shafts etc. In reality, the chimney stack is much higher than the ones in the route are drawn with.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  29. ukpetey

Thank you, yes this is the place. About a 15 walk/run from Redruth heading for Truro, on the right. Awesome!

edit: 2.2 miles

Last edited: Nov 17, 2021
  30. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

I wonder if anyone else has noticed that the scoring required for a gold medal on the pilot duties using the cl08 is set quite high. If you do as instructed, you can only get bronze.

• Like Like x 1
  31. HappyJose

HappyJose Member

So far I'm quite liking WCL. Despite some issues I've mentioned in another thread (distant tree flickering oddness shall we call it) it's a very pretty route. I've been hoping for some DMU traction for ages, a Regional Railways liveried DMU is right up my street and I'm quite happy to pootle round on scenic branch lines.

I'm also finding the timetable quite achievable, it has some odd stopping times like 11:48:15 for example but generally there seems to be enough time between stations to actually achieve it. The shorter station dwells are much appreciated. It is slightly irritating that that there isn't much time to set up a service pre departure and there is some oddness with getting doors to close which has been well documented.

There seems to be a lot of debate about the 150 sounds, to me generally it seems to sound fine, it's certainly not something that would stop my enjoyment of driving it, it also looks great.