Train Sim World 2 - Building Sherman Hill

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Nov 15, 2021.

1. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

The length of the train in the teaser video tonight was very impressive. She just kept going and going and going.

• Like Like x 1
  2. jiroo92

jiroo92 Member

I counted 100 wagons.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Could it be that those simple no-logo containers mixed in reduce train complexity for computing power?

• Like Like x 2
  4. ehz0689

ehz0689 Well-Known Member

Will the AC44 have services in timetable?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

...at the end of yesterdays roadmap livestream we saw the first gameplay footage with a container freight train, driving next to the mentioned rock formation. Nice surprise! ;)

What I also found interesting was, that there are containers with the lettering: "Hamburg-Süd", used on this route. In fact, these are transported across the Atlantic on large cargo ships, so it is possible.

Hamburg-Süd.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

It's not desert but a windy plane with lots of hills and very few trees and small rock formations. It has a prairy look, not desert. But it can be awesome. I played it a lot with the TS version, but that one had far more loco's with the big boy and gas turbine as absolute highlights, but also an SW1500 shunter.
    As far as I remember most of the route is medium speed, but it is a long time ago I played it with TS.

7. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

Yes I am on PS4.
    Thanks for your comment as I forget about that issue.
    I run the route very smoothly.
    I have made 3 scenarios using the maximum 20 services, without any problem
    Only thing I have to take care, is not have so much trains on Munich HBF and nearby.
    Not problem at all at Passing instead.

8. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

In yesterday's roadmap stream there was a Sherman Hill trailer. It showed an intermodal train with 100 cars and 4 SD70's on the top and 2 at the end. Does this mean we will get such long trains at Sherman Hill? And will it be so for PS4 and Xbox One too?

Will we get additional layers? Like the UP AC4400 from Cane Creek, the UP GP38-2 from Peninsula Corridor or the Dash 8 from Sand Patch?

And will the SD70 sub in other routes like Cane Creek and Sand Patch?

• Like Like x 3
  9. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

After a long period of quietly waiting for several weeks in the hope of maybe the first release without mind-blowing bugs, I almost lost all interest in TSW... but when I read the article this thread is about, I wasn't really surprised with which (low) precision DTG is still working ...
    How can anyone be so careless (or illiterate) as to misspell the name of the capital of Wyoming? (And, btw, I'm no US citizen, nor have I ever visited that country or state.)

Last edited: Nov 17, 2021
  10. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

I dont get your point. Low precision?

11. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Now we’re quibbling over typos? Really?

• Like Like x 2
  12. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Yes, on PS and last gen consoles we get these long trains. There will be no layers at the moment. One of the reasons is that Skyhook wants to fix the AC44000 issues. So maybe in future, but nothing promised hard.

• Like Like x 1