Xbox One X/s 100 Car/wagon Trains One Spg?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by SHINO BAZ, Nov 19, 2021.

1. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

Matt said Xbox one X/S can't support 100 car trains but on SPG you can place at least 3 trains in cumberlain yard with senario planner or in free play you can couple every car in the yard together and you might get 100 plus car train(I didn't count it yet but it still a very long train either way),so i have tried this and except for going to several reloading screens to go from one end of the train to another it seems to work fine and i don't remember ever crashing doing it.So why would 100 plus car trains not work on xbox one x/s.

2. box215

box215 Active Member

I made a 1.3 mile long train on SPG a while back when i was playing on One X
    the game didnt crash, but the frame rate was complete garbage
    Add that to the fact you cant actually leave Cumberland yard during that scenario, I bet the game would crash on gen 8 if you tried moving 100+ cars over 70-ish miles

• Like Like x 1
  3. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

We won't be restricting how many wagons you can pull just for the sake of it. If we could give you the larger number too without impacting your game significantly, we would.
    I don't doubt there are occasions where it will work fine with the larger number, but assume that most of the time it would cause enough of an impact to stop you having a good time while playing.

• Like Like x 1
  4. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

On free roam senario mode no but with senario planner you can put together those 3 long trains and leave the yard.Just schedule the other 2 trains for much later start times so they don't take off on you first.

5. sergio volodstok

sergio volodstok Active Member

I once ran a 116 car train, with six engines, on Oakville sub. Frame rate wasn't good, but the game didn't crash.

6. appledates#4945

appledates#4945 Well-Known Member

While I also have made 60+ car freight trains on my PS4 and it did not crash, but my frame rate was absolutely horrible, did I also mention I was the only locomotive on the route. The thing is DTG can not put out a dlc that runs that poor for PS4/Xbox one users. I totally understand the disappointment but the reality is this is not the fault of DTG and it is in fact that those consoles just can’t handle it. The bright side is that DTG are making these improvements and once you and more people are able to upgrade to the current generation consoles, TSW2 will be waiting fully enhanced and even the 100+ car freight trains.