Where Are My Dlc Routes In Quickdrive Mode?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brucedog, Nov 12, 2021.

1. Brucedog

Brucedog New Member

I have a whole boatload of DLC route downloaded for Train Simulator. I use Quickdrive mode a lot. Used to be I could access almost all my route in that mode. For reasons unknown to me I am now limited to about eight of the same routes regardless of which consist I use, and for some consists I am limited to even fewer?

The routes are still there for other play modes, its just Quickdrive that's messed up...

Any idea how I can get my routes back for Quickdrive mode?

2. JaneyBananey

JaneyBananey Member

Do you currently have an electric locomotive selected? If so, it is limiting you to only electrified routes.

3. Brucedog

Brucedog New Member

Thank you for your reply. No, I have the same problem with steam and diesel locomotive selections.

4. JaneyBananey

JaneyBananey Member

Could you take a screenshot of your quickdrive menu? It may help.

5. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

With the game closed go in to the \railworks\Content folder and cut out the SDBCache.bin and SDBCache.bin.MD5 files
    Place them somewhere outside the game.
    Start TS2022 and the game with rebuild these files which hold a list of all your routes

• Like Like x 1
  6. Brucedog

Brucedog New Member

Thanks, I will give it a try!

7. Brucedog

Brucedog New Member

749006- Unable to locate \railworks\Content folder anywhere on my computer...

8. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Have a look for Steam (using file explorer), then if you find it go to steamapps then common and you'll find RailWorks there. This will be on whichever drive you installed Steam to ie C: or D:

Last edited: Nov 20, 2021
  9. dkreveller#9240

dkreveller#9240 New Member

you can try verifying the integrity of game files, which should fix up the issue

10. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

No, it will not.

11. dkreveller#9240

dkreveller#9240 New Member

assuming the files were removed, verifying would check if they were there. Obviously if they were not it would just install the needed files. I never gave an guarantee it would be the correct solution.

12. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

The two files in question are not missing they are there but info within is missing, verifying the files will NOT correct this.
    Only deleting them thus forcing the game to recreate the complete SDB cache's will fix the issue.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2021
  13. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

*Your Steam install root drive (C or whatever letter yours is)*:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RailWorks\Content

14. triznya.andras

triznya.andras Well-Known Member

I used to have the same issue until I unsubscribed from one of the workshop routes, either Seebergbahn or Castle Rock.
    I suspect the root cause is some data corruption (easily visible in corrupted scenario xmls) causing the game think it reached the end of the list, upon building the collection for the screen. (They did show the scenarios for sure and in Build, I think.)
    Whether it's a route or scenario issue (quick drives are scenarios), I don't know. It can also be a little more complex as I still have a bunch of corrupt scenarios but I'm not experiencing issues anymore.
    My solution was to delete the cache regularly, it fixed it for one or two runs, then in two more restarts I was reliably down to 3 pages, missing most of my routes (13-15 pages overall).

15. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

You are obviously not looking as these are two main folders in the game.

• Helpful Helpful x 1