Dtg Have Modelled Watchet Wrong

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by brfan#9132, Oct 28, 2021.

1. brfan#9132

brfan#9132 Active Member

On the West Somerset Railway there is a station called Watchet and on TSW 2 there is West Somerset Railway and it completely modelled wrong some of the buildings are in the wrong place there is a footpath to the foot crossing at Watchet and it is not there and the footbridge is in the wrong place

Pls DTG update it

2. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

This is an old route and it’s only recently that people have been anal about accuracy of scenery. It might be revisited by the Preservation Crew but, as it has only recently had an update, I doubt if it will be any time soon.

• Like Like x 2
  3. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

I understand how people get annoyed when something isn’t quite right with regards to scenery, a particular building, missing footbridge or minor details on a train being incorrect but surely it’s all pretty insignificant at the end of the day isn’t it?

I mean so long as everything works as it should and you get a pretty good idea of what it’s like driving a particular type of train on a particular route that’s all that matters isn’t it?

Apparently not.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Train simulator enthusiasts are extremely difficult to satisfy.™ :)

• Like Like x 3
  5. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

Personally, I don’t expect it to be 100% accurate. I expect a recognisable representation in what to me is a game.

I have no objections to DTG fixing these things, but there are many more broken things that need fixing first, like broken timetables and scenarios.

So it’s quite valid to report it, but I don’t expect that it will ever be fixed.

6. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

Could you add some images?

7. dosto762

dosto762 Well-Known Member

8. brfan#9132

brfan#9132 Active Member

9. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

If you look closely at the stations in TSW you will find that none of them are exactly like the real life ones. Some are more closely modelled than others but there isn’t the intention to get them all spot on. Some stations have to be quite different in parts to allow the passengers to spawn out of view and walk into the playable area (without having to model the interior of buildings for instance), for the ease of players crossing between platforms, or just for the ease of modelling the stations themselves. Plenty of them have missing buildings, fictitious buildings and walkways and a large degree of artistic licence is used, even in layout. There are also mistakes made which is unfortunate. I doubt DTG will change the layout of a station just because someone points out it isn’t exactly right though. It’s been made now and will likely stay as it is, just because of the work involved to change it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. 59321747

59321747 Well-Known Member

In fact, there is no need to compare with reality. For me, the game scene is close to reality. There is no need to be completely consistent. Of course, I still hope that DTG can match the game settings with the real world. I hope that within a few years DTG can upgrade its production technology to simulate the real world.

11. fezza

fezza Active Member

The environs around Minehead station are particularly bad. The old Beach Hotel is completely wrong and the Victoria Hall is completely missing. Trainz did a better version over a decade ago...

TSW routes are okay providing you don't have any knowledge of the real places. Don't get me on St. Ives....