My Problems With The Köln Route

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by carter, Nov 23, 2021.

1. carter

carter Active Member

So firstly Saks to do with other routes and that is that the ICE and talent to go on a lot of routes if they aren’t which doesn’t make sense but getting back to what I meant to talk about and firstly köln he’s not a single AI service which is so in accurate and there’s and I’m saying this after you get all the layers which is really dumb and I haven’t fixed it and also there are no AI only trains which dovetail have shown that they can do and other words like East Coast Way suffer from this and the db br 425 goes to Aachen wich is not in the game

• Like Like x 1
  2. OpenMinded

OpenMinded Well-Known Member

Good morning Carter. Maybe if the preservation crew gets their hands on this route they will fix some of your issues.

But: what I am much more interested in, at this moment, does your keyboard not offer any „.“ or „,“? I am having a really hard time following your sentences. Or is this a new evolution thing coming from social media? Genuinely interested…

• Like Like x 14
  3. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. I'm coming back to disseminate this later when it's clearer and I'm more awake. I think the only help I can give is that you need a few of the German routes to make koln route appear busier.

4. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

Carter, I love the way you use punctuation. It really brings it all together!

• Like Like x 12
  5. carter

carter Active Member

Your joking right and why can’t we discuss the train

6. fabristunt

My what?

7. colinL

colinL Well-Known Member

I really don't want to be that guy, but could you maybe try to express yourself more clearly/eloquently? I am, as everyone else, having a really hard time to understand what you are trying to say.

• Like Like x 4
  8. chieflongshin

I've tried again and it's a no from me and I cannot work out where to and place the full stops and apostrophes so I can understand this and I am sorry I cannot help clear this mystery up my stops don't help working to solution out sorry I tried

So firstly Saks to do with other routes and that is that the ICE and talent to go on a lot of routes. If they aren’t which doesn’t make sense, but getting back to what I meant to talk about and firstly, köln he’s not a single AI service which is so in accurate. There’s and I’m saying this after you get all the layers which is really dumb, and I haven’t fixed it and also there are no AI only trains which dovetail have shown that they can do. and other
    words like East Coast Way suffer from this and the db br 425 goes to Aachen wich is not in the game

9. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

My take on it:

Firstly, it sucks that the ICE and Talent go on other routes, but not here which doesn't make sense.
    There isn't a single AI substitution on this route, which doesn't make sense.
    On Koln, there's not a single AI only service, which is so inaccurate, and I'm saying this after you get all the layers!
    Dovetail have shown they can do layers, and other routes suffer from this too, such as ECW.
    Also the DB BR 425 goes to Aachen, which is not shown in game.

• Helpful Helpful x 4
  10. carter

carter Active Member

Don’t be mad I use the voice feature so it sometimes says stuff weirdly

• Like Like x 2
  11. carter

carter Active Member

I am saying that köln Aachen is not as busy as real life

12. carter

carter Active Member

Yeah that’s good and the reason I always do that is because I write this fast and don’t really think about it punctuation

13. ARuscoe

Unfortunately lathering in your own literary style has left others bereft of understanding, so maybe if you want the opinions of others you should think about how it reads, rather than how it spews forth from your brain

• Like Like x 9
  14. fabristunt

Do you own all DLCs that add layers to it? If so, nothing else you can do.

15. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

Koln is definitely a route that benefits hugely from layers, which sucks for new players who only have the base TSW2 game and the base trains that come with that pack.

16. chieflongshin

I can confirm I'm with you and I understand now. :)

It takes a little DLC to get it a bit busier. Dresden isnt a bad route for more traffic.

17. thomastl59374

thomastl59374 Well-Known Member

I have to agree with the intention of this thread, SKA is desolate and if it was a stand alone DLC I would have never bought it. In service mode the S-bahn line is completely unused (unless you have either RRO HRR or RSN, can't remember which one) butI think it is only available on PC (I play on Xbox one, (crashomatic edition of rush hour update)). I really thought the 187 would add to this route, have some more stuff to look at and do. But no it wasa bodge job and only offered some new rolling stock and scenarios. I know in real life the majority of the services aren't run by DB (at least from what I could see from trainspotting videos at Kohln Hbf) so with what DTG have they might have only been able to do a few services. I do feel that at least an S-bahn loco for SKA should be its next DLC. Not more services that I can already do with a couple more scenarios.

• Like Like x 1
  18. carter

carter Active Member

19. animatiker

animatiker Active Member

Main problem with SKA is the lack of AI trains in Cologne and Aachen. Normally you wouldn't find any time of day where there is no train stopping in Cologne Main station, but in TSW most of the time you are almost alone.
    For the fast lines most of the passenger trains are included, just the few Thalys services and the rush hour RE services are missing, which is a pity, because they would offer different stopping patterns. The RB services west of Stolberg (2tph) and east of Horrem (1tph) are missing too, but as we currently have no diesel trains, this is OK. Between Cologne Main and Ehrenfeld you'd normally have RE 8 (425) and RB 27 (143 + Dosto), too.
    For the S-Bahn unfortunately all S12 services are missing. They terminate at Ehrenfeld normally, but run up to Horrem in the morning and afternoon and offer a S-Bahn service every 10 minutes. The S-Bahn lines just feel so empty on SKA.

• Like Like x 2
  20. dosto762

dosto762 Well-Known Member

SKA is not a very interesting route if you look at it, DTG probably didn't offer more locos so they can sell more routes (RRO, MSB) It has missing services and trains which makes the route feel like an old freight line that's only been open to passengers recently.

21. Joethefish

Joethefish Staff Member

As you mention Thalys, I'm quite interested to know what people would think if the current TGV Duplex was used in place of a Thalys PBKA or 2N2. We don't have a TGV POS so a Thalys representation would be a double decker and furthermore we don't have a 2N2 which means if the Duplex was introduced in a German timetable, it would need to be AI only even if it was a full-length run because it lacks PZB which the 2N2, PBKA and POS have. But as I say, I'm interested to know your thoughts.

• Like Like x 5
  22. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

Well, i would say it's not the best idea. Not because of missing PZB/LZB (wouldnt mind if it is AI only), but because of wrong livery. The Thalys livery is that special, i don't think the wrong train in the wrong livery should be placed there.

But another idea: I think the carmillon TGV duplex can be seen in München Hbf. That would be a cool thing to see. Of course still AI only because of no proper safety system. But would be "less" wrong to see this train in München than in Köln. And finally München Hbf could look a bit busier.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  23. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

I agree that the empty stations in Cologne and Aachen are not realistic at all, what I also dislike about SKA in specific is that every ride feels the same, the timetable is designed in a way that you always see the same trains at the same time of your ride.
    So basically if you did on service of every type you've seen it all...

However the empty stations are a problem every german route suffers from.
    HMA, HRR, HBL, RRO, MSB... all of them far from realistic train placements in the timetable. And during that time of development Rush Hour and in specific London Commuter with it's fantastic timetable wasn't released, so we weren't used to that either.

And knowing how much time Joe has spent for London Commuter I heavily doubt we will get such an experience on a german route at all.

Joethefish : I'd personally like the Duplex as a Thalys replacement, even if not entirely realistic, because I prefer alive looking routes with as many trains as possible instead of empty stations. I might be in the minority with this opinion though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  24. matinakbary

Dresden Riesa offers that experience though.

25. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

Indeed, although as well not all services coming in and out of Dresden and Riesa (although probably all on the Main line). However on routes like HMA or SKA recreating the oncoming and departing trains in the main stations would be a massive task (even compared to DRA) - every one of them comparable to London Commuter which is where my doubts come from.
    Even if it was somehow doable it probably would not be released before 2025...

26. matinakbary

Here you can see the very similar TGV train in München. I really think München would benefit from that. And as we already came to this point: I also think the BR 101 in Sandwich formation (due to the lack of a cabcar) should have a layer there. Or at least some coaches should fill the yards :)

• Like Like x 2
  27. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

Yes matinakbary , 101 in München is essential, it would give more traffic and variety to a station that feels dead even with all layers activated. And watching some video it seems that the sandwich formation would not be entirely wrong to use. For example at the end of this video we can see it:

• Like Like x 2
  28. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

The basic issue is that older routes have a set timtable and newer locos don’t just magically slot into them. This would have do be done manually, ant TTBOMK only Rapid Transit has undergone such an overhaul. This means that SKA doesn’t include later-released German trains like the 423.

The other issue for older routes, besides availability of rolling stock at release, was DTG being very conservative pre-Rush Hour with service density. As it is, last-gen consoles can’t handle the layers.

I once attempted, in TS1, to recreate just one hour of traffic at München Hauptbahnhof. I wasn‘t halfway into the S-Bahnen, with no freight, when the game simply broke. Couldn’t handle it.

29. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I think this is more a use-case for the scenario designer rather than an official implementation.

If there was an option which made sure the trains could always spawn with my Thalys livery I would be more towards making it happen as an AI-only service, but not in the current state of the game, a Carmillon TGV would simply look out of place.

I would be more supportive of the TGV spawning in Munich, because it wears the Carmillon livery.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  30. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

wtf man he was just asking a question

• Like Like x 1
  31. jmhdc812

jmhdc812 Active Member

Really? How can you tell? :D

32. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

wow didnt realise I had stumbled in to an A Level English forum

33. jmhdc812

jmhdc812 Active Member

Oh, C'mon, redrev. :D You're a pretty reasonable dude. No one's expecting Hemingway here. When I first read the "question" a few minutes after it was posted, my initial thought was, "Uhm, what?" I actually assumed it was written by someone for whom English wasn't their native language, which is exactly why I didn't say anything. No one wants the grammar/punctuation police here, but a little goes a long way, ya know? And there's a big difference between "couldn't be bothered" and "didn't know any better."

• Like Like x 1
  34. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Could have learning difficulties, perhaps dyslexia or had issues at home growing up which disrupted their education. There's a whole raft of reasons why they may struggle with English.
    Like I have dsypraxia so I often miss letters or whole words out along with mental health issues which all contribute to my poor grasp of the written, sometimes more than others.
    Sometimes the old adage of it you don't have anything nice or constructive to say then don't say anything at all applies.

35. jmhdc812

jmhdc812 Active Member

On this point, you and I are in total agreement. I’ve read a bunch of your posts and I never have an issue understanding your point, and never have seen anyone call you out over how you write, but in this particular instance, and having read his other posts, I don’t think it totally unreasonable to point out that with a little more effort, the majority of us wouldn’t have had to rely on another member’s translation to understand the original post, that’s all.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2021
  36. carter

carter Active Member

Honestly I don’t know what this thread is about anymore

37. ARuscoe

I think you need to read my comment BEFORE the one that's now being discussed...
    The OP already said that they didn't bother self editing and just threw a post out, so my comment about making it legible for others if you want an answer would be valid.

Totally not the grammar police here, and definitely trying to help

• Like Like x 1