Start Up The Trains

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by renaldo444, Nov 24, 2021.

?
  1. Definitely yes

18 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No quick start up is better

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. renaldo444

renaldo444 Member

I would like to be able to start up the train by my self can they make it possible?

Because now just when you turn on all the safety systems and destination on you almost have to drive, or you already to late by the next train station.

Who else have this problem or whould like that option so that you can start up everything by yourself and still be able to be on time to drive away like you see at PC platform

• Like Like x 2
  2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Full start up (ie cold and dark) should be possible from depot, but not necessarily from stations. Unless the unit or loco's been berthed overnight or for a long time they would likely have been driven in, stopped for a pretty short time then driven back out again. Not sure if that's also true outside the UK but they tend to be kept running here

• Like Like x 4
  3. dosto762

dosto762 Well-Known Member

Do you mean from depots? Trains don't start with their engines off / pantograph down at terminus stations, it's usually at depots or if the train is being stored at the station for a while, not every time the train reaches a terminus.

• Like Like x 1
  4. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Absolutely needed and this might be suited for Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen where you pull the DB BR442 from Bw Aachen Hbf and Köln Hansaring. Hauptstrecke München-Augsburg DB BR423 & ICE3 DB BR403 München Pasig freight trains Rbf München Laim if you have layers from other routes

• Like Like x 1
  5. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

I'm the opposite, I want the equivalent of Flight Sim's Ctrl-E which sets everything up ready to go!

6. fabdiva

fabdiva Well-Known Member

I seem to recall it was tried with some of the early routes, but I presume the feedback was not great and I also recall some operators were not happy having start up processes detailed.

There really needs to be a simulation level slider so where possible the hardcore minority can do their cold and dark and the just drive players can just drive.

• Like Like x 1
  7. renaldo444

renaldo444 Member

No I mean by every timetable you should be able when you at depot or station to turn you safety system and everything on now you almost to late at the next station just to put all the systems on.

They should where every you will start first give some more time.

8. renaldo444

renaldo444 Member

I mean on console because there is not much time left it's doors open and close and go what about safety systems destination and lights when you have everything done you already to late at next train station

9. cadeshr6s

cadeshr6s Well-Known Member

DMUs do, if they have a long pause at some stations

Last edited: Dec 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Lightspeed

Lightspeed Well-Known Member

Being plonked in a train at a depot while the engine is still running idle throughout the night, before the first service of the day, is not realistic and a waste of fuel. However, I do love to start up a loco/DMU on the first service in timetable mode. But apparently the A.I. can’t do cold starts, according to Matt on an earlier stream. The ICE 3M on Köln-Aachen starts with pantograph down for some reason.

• Like Like x 1