Definitive Cane Creek Feedback Thread.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by chieflongshin, Jun 25, 2021.

1. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Yes, a pretty elementary mistake with the counterweight. Also, something is still not right with the way the loco is coupled to the first car.
    Clearly, some more fixing is needed. When and if is problematic, with the attention likely focused on HSC for the time being. Still like the route overall, though.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. ScottN

ScottN Active Member

I notice they stop flashing when going up and there isn’t a warning for a few seconds before the gates come down. I said the crossings with only masts with lights are constantly on and never shut off. They shut off on Sand Patch Grade for TSW 2020. Why not Cane Creek?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Wow, that sad how something so simple can be messed up so easily.

These small mistakes makes me more and more concerned with the upcoming HSC route.....

• Like Like x 1
  4. zzw1983

zzw1983 Well-Known Member

I can't speak for anyone but I'm no longer buying any addons with less than a "mostly positive" rating on Steam. :|

• Like Like x 1
  5. ShodanCat

ShodanCat Member

Why don't they offer an open beta test where route owners can access it via the Steam beta tab and offer feedback before any fixes go live? Just feels like they rushed this out with an absolute minimum of effort.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Ouch, that crossing gate issue is really lame, lol. I meannot game-breaking, but messing up such an important train related object in a train sinulator? As said, MSTS 20 year ago and other games since thet that aren't even train related get these right.

Not a biggest priority issue, but paints a pretty bad picture about the quality levels. Hopefully further fixes will be made, because for now, it's a great start.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

8. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Anyway with Sherman Hill releasing today and Cane Creek currently on sale, which one do you guys think I should get?

I like the scenery on Cane Creek more I think, but Sherman Hill is also a bit similar, though less scenir rocky formations. But Sherman Hill has a higher line speed, which might be a bit better. But Cane Creek is also 20% off, and at least I know what I get, while Sherman Hill is just releasing, so who knows if it's going to be good or not.

9. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Personally I would wait for some user reviews on Sherman Hill.
    20% off also not enough to persuade me to buy Cane Creek. Minimum 40% discount required for what is basically a slow A to B route admittedly with nice scenery.

• Like Like x 1
  10. niveous

niveous Member

After the update, TheShotte's mod is no longer working correctly. The boggies are laying right on the track with the axels above. Will need a rework to correct. If the developers took the time to correct the distance between boggies and locomotive frame, while in there why not just correct what a community member went out of his way to correct in his own time, and provide at least to us PC players.

Keep on winning DTG!

11. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

I'm definitely more on Sherman Hill side, the locos sound way better, it seems a lot less buggy (wait for reviews though!) and finally rocking such long trains at relatively high speeds will be a pleasure.

12. Coppo

Coppo Well-Known Member

TSW2_Coppo_1637839261_00.png
    looks like they missed a floating rock...

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

14. niveous

niveous Member

Having just run a few runs on Sherman Hill, I would definately recommend it over Cane Creek. It has a few bugs but they've already noted they know about them and are looking into addressing them.

I feel this is hands down the best North American freight route available for TSW2. Highly recommend!