[wild Guess] Njt North Jersey Coast Line In Planning For Tsw2?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Monder, Nov 26, 2021.

1. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

As the title suggests, this is a pretty wild guess and in no way take it as a certain confirmation. That being said (if the textures are not taken from some random earlier release), Sherman Hill offers a bit of a hint at this being a possible next DTG-made US route. In both Cheyenne and Laramie, a pair of billboards appear with relatively vague ads. What is interesting, however, are the name of the companies on those two billboards.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    "Newark Banking" and "Health Cover North Jersey" - the former hinting at the NJT headquarters, the latter hinting at the name of the route itself.

(friendly reminder this is still just a pure speculation :D)

Now, what would this mean for us?
    upload_2021-11-26_14-19-12.png

Although a bit too long for normal TSW2 routes in its full length (105 miles), the route has some parts shared with the original NEC (Newark Intl-NY Penn) making it possible to cut down the "have to create" part significantly. And as for many routes now, this one has also been featured in TS Classic (hence the DTG made map above)
    [​IMG]
    The route would be unique thanks to the need for dual-power operation (ALP-45DP), more specifically diesel + 2 different voltages in electrification. This would bring in a lot of power switching actions. The route also has two yards in Long Branch and Bay Head as well as a number of moving bridges, which would be a fairly unique feature.

With Rush Hour bringing in the much needed busy feeling (and layerable Amtrak stock), Sherman Hill almost being longer than this has it been for track 3 and the route already in TS maybe it isn't that far fetched to think this might come in TSW2 as people have asked for NJT for a long time, let alone their dual-powers.

Let the discussion and speculation start once again.

• Like Like x 8
  2. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Are you sure the billboards aren't just recycled from NEC?

3. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Might be, but I don't currently have TSW1 installed to check this. Also with the number of billboards in-game, picking "outdated" ones from the old version route seems like not an nr.1 option.

4. solicitr

I was thinking recycled from the TSW2020 NEC NY.

5. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

That's... what I was answering. :D TSW1=TSW2020

6. solicitr

Ah. My bad; I read it as "TS1"

7. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

If you want to be up to date on NJ Transit news try going to nj.com. The ALP45DPs come in two batches 2010-2012 builds Tier 3 4500-4534 then the Tier 4 builds 4535 upwards since I already suggested a route the Raritan Valley Line. Route joins the north Jersey coast line at Hunter Interlocking meaning you must stop at Newark Airport or the signal that protects the interlocking because a Raritan Valley Line train to New York Penn Station has priority over in Raritan Valley Line train to New York Penn Station has priority over in North Jersey coast line train to NY Penn. Just click on the on my signature for the Raritan Valley Line

8. driverwoods#1787

Voltages are 11kv 25hz PRR upgraded to 12.5kv 25hz Rahway to Aberdeen Matwan via Avenel railway station and 25kv 60hz Aberdeen Matawan Station to Long Branch 2002. On a personal note I actually have my mother's friend take it from Avenel railway station to New York Penn Station.

9. w2sjw

w2sjw Active Member

As a Jersey Boy born & bred in Bound Brook, I would buy ANY NJT route these guys would ever decide to bring over here to TSW2!
    I'm 100% in support of doing the ALP45DP's.

• Like Like x 1
  10. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

The Heart could suggest the Heart of Wales Line and Newark Banking could suggest the East Coast Mainline (London - York/Newcastle/Edinburgh) but they probably don’t.

I appreciate that you have said that it’s a wild guess but I don’t think we should read too much into this sort of thing.

11. driverwoods#1787

Your local route is the Raritan Valley Line with SPG CSX and Horseshoe Curve Norfolk Southern routes as freight layers.

• Like Like x 2
  12. driverwoods#1787

For NJCL Amtrak Boston-Providence layers can only be driven to Newark Airport & Newark Penn Stations because their Next Stop is Metropark New Brunswick off-map which means you can't drive them to Rahway

13. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

I am aware of that, but it's better to have those trains there than not. Any many Amtrak services on the original NEC were NY Penn-Newark Int.

14. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

I would definitely like to drive the north jersey cost line