Dear Dtg

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Bradley, Nov 25, 2021.

1. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

Hello,
    As a long standing tsw console player I have seen a fair share of bugs, the bugs we have been seeing such as crashes on 3 routes now is beyond a joke and ridiculous we as a customer are spending my our hard earned money on this game, I personally have spent over £1000 on this game. I feel that you (DTG) should stop releasing content until the base game and dlc that already exists is big free and in working order with 0 crashes, we as a player base are more than annoyed at the blatant lack of testing and care put into the game

• Like Like x 7
  2. appledates#4945

appledates#4945 Well-Known Member

Me.Bradley, you do know you have the option to purchase or not purchase a DTG product?

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Bradley

Yep I know, but when you buy something you expect it to be good quality with everything working, me and others are getting fed up

• Like Like x 3
  4. appledates#4945

appledates#4945 Well-Known Member

Can I ask what your opinion of a DTG product of “good quality” compared to the way you feel now about DTG products?

5. Bradley

Good DTG products
    SEHS, class 465, TVL and the class 20 and 31 just to name a few

The way I feel now is annoyed, you maybe thinking why, here’s why so we’ve had Xbox texture glitches, sound glitches various crashes and out of memory errors, none of this happened before the move to unreal 4.26 so go figure that one

• Like Like x 3
  6. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

SEHS scenery is a joke! Thankfully the 465 and ECW is one of the best dlc’s released

Last edited: Nov 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  7. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

Just goes to show different people like different things. SEH is one of my favourite routes, others think the scenery is a joke. At least it works pretty well still.

As for the point of the original post. While I also find it frustrating that so many things are wrong since 4.26 and progress does seem slow fixing them, It’s been discussed many times that DTG are not going to stop releasing new things. I’m not repeating the reasons, it’s not hard to find the many similar threads to this one. But basically they need to keep paying their staff & the teams doing fixes are different to the teams doing new routes.

• Like Like x 1
  8. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Disclaimer: The following is my humble opinion.

Accuracy of scenery I can live with. It is nice if they can get it right but it may take years to get everything 100% accurate so an approximation and general feel is OK as long as stations and major landmarks such as viaducts are accurate. This is the case with SEHS.

Things that make the game unplayable as originally intended are not acceptable and must be given precedence, such as game crashes at Dresden or generally on BML or even the lack of collectables at Reigate, which may seem minor but stop an achievement (an advertised part of the game) being achievable.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Bradley

You can’t collect all collectibles on Sherman hill either

10. bones.n.hombre

bones.n.hombre Active Member

I’ve just stopped playing. Yesterday was a sad day as I uninstalled from my Xbox. I had picked up a few routes in the last sale that I haven’t even played once (IoW, Arosa, Clinch).

Too many times getting random red lights that hold me up, that never turn green, also the glitching cab graphics.

I never had a crash, but I stopped purchasing before Rush Hour awaiting things fixed first.

• Like Like x 2
  11. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

How do you get red lights on routes you haven’t played? I’ve never had a random red light on IOW or Arosa (I don’t have Clinchfield).

12. formulabee#1362

I’ve had random red lights on LIRR and WSR

• Like Like x 1
  13. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

Red lights on Arosa they explained on a roadmap stream recently are due to the dodgy physics on AI trains causing them to rocket down the mountain faster than the timetable, resulting in them blocking the single track at several points where the player is scheduled to get there first, something the upcoming patch is meant to fix.

14. bones.n.hombre

bones.n.hombre Active Member

My fault maybe I didn’t explain well.

I have never got round to playing those routes.

Since the rush hour update 4.26(?), I have had random, game breaking red lights on other routes I have played. So I had also purchased Hamburg/Lubeck and was playing that, got many red lights, switched to SEHS, got red lights on that, switched again to Bakerloo and same thing again.

So uninstalled, without playing three routes I picked up in the last sale (Arosa, Clinch, IoW)

• Like Like x 1
  15. A Big Chungus

A Big Chungus Active Member

TSW2 is very much the type of game in its current state that you would keep an eye on, seeing what's been fixed and what hasn't, and judging whether it's worth returning to or not. I love playing this game, it's very chilled and relaxing, and I like telling my friends about it, however the negative points really are so negative that they bring the immersion and overall experience down for me personally. Not enough to uninstall, but some of them are pretty hard to defend.

16. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

Yep, it has pros and cons, but the pros are enough for me to continue recommending it, albeit with caveats.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Gtasandman

Gtasandman Active Member

I thought east coastway was pretty good.

18. formulabee#1362

I forget to mention that! I have edited my original post.

Also nice pfp :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. steamfan#1309

steamfan#1309 Well-Known Member

I just wait and see if other people have a problem with the dlc before buying it.

20. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

Looks better on seriesX draw distance improvements are great.

• Like Like x 1
  21. frabjousvector

frabjousvector Well-Known Member

I’d heard mixed things but personally I loved SEHS. Scenery was fine to me.