Train Sim World 2 - Roadmap Update 30/11/2021

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, Nov 30, 2021.

1. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
    • Like Like x 16
  2. Trainiac

Trainiac Well-Known Member

Now, these do put a smile on my face! upload_2021-11-30_16-6-48.jpeg

• Like Like x 9
  3. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Hmmm, some exciting new additions for some indeed. Sadly no answers for the Railpool BR 185 that mysteriously showed up in yesterdays stream though.

• Like Like x 8
  4. metro north railfan 224

metro north railfan 224 Active Member

Oh my god yes I am so happy to see the Harlem mine I’ve actually ridden it before to New York.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

The Harlem Line?! Well shoot, that was my least expected Metro-North route. Can’t complain though, sounds like an awesome American passenger route! It’ll be really cool if the M7A and M3A are mostly new.

• Like Like x 6
  6. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

The Harlem line, do I read it correctly that it will be only 24 miles (around 40km)? Hmm, still no British route, so maybe it will indeed be the first steam release then in January :o

• Like Like x 6
  7. WonterRail

WonterRail Well-Known Member

Plenty of preservation crew updates coming, along with two new add-ons. The RhB Anniversary Collection from Rivet Games (Probably for Arosalinie) and a new US passenger route in the form of the Harlem Line: Grand Central Terminal - North White Plains with M3A and M7A.

Nice to see another US passenger route, but I get feeling that people might not be too happy with the loco selection and more importantly... the length.

• Like Like x 4
  8. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

I'm glad that the Harlem Line is coming to TSW 2. It's gonna be cool to see another MTA Route in the game. I'm going to say this early though, they need to get the sounds for the M3A/M7A correct, as they were inaccurate with the release of the LIRR Route.

I'm a bit bummed that it's only to North White Plains though. I would've preferred it to go at least up to Southeast, but I'm still pretty excited! Let's just hope that they get the service variety and the scenery correct. Especially with the section between Fordham and Grand Central.

• Like Like x 7
  9. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

23 miles and 2 reused trains, it’s getting a bit boring at this point

• Like Like x 28
  10. Trainiac

Let's hope they get the Manhattan skyline and surrounding buildings correct though the approach to Grand Central

• Like Like x 2
  11. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

★ [Improvement] East Coastway preservation update

Can someone please explain. East Coastway just got an Update.

• Like Like x 1
  12. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

Rivet once again using the wrong codes on the roadmap. Or is it really gonna be an electric loco for Germany? Also, from 1886 to 1910? Really?
    Muppets...

• Like Like x 4
  13. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

Yeah, hopefully. I work near the Metro-North viaduct around 106 St, so it'll be pretty easy to tell if something is inaccurate.

• Like Like x 1
  14. lux#4689

lux#4689 Well-Known Member

hm, the Arosa Code is probably completely wrong.
    From the code, it should be a german AC loco from 1886 to 1910.
    Arosa is in Switzerland and the line was only opened in 1914, and was DC-electrified until 1997, it was only switched to AC in 1997.

And I hope it will note be a Capricorn or anything else that is not allowed to Arosa. (Only few trains are allowed on this line)

15. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

*DTG - and yes, they obviously don't care about this system they created themselves :D Not the only route/add-on where the code is totally wrong

16. Jinoss17

Jinoss17 Well-Known Member

Tbh the new american route is a bit short ...

• Like Like x 1
  17. fabristunt

Exactly. This is really telling about Rivet's attitude towards learning from mistakes.

18. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

The DBB-L3 03Rhb Anniversary collection,might this be connected to the arosa-chur. This is a Switzerland based roadname?

19. BR125

BR125 Well-Known Member

A Rivet Loco pack? Jesus wept tears and begged for mercy

• Like Like x 8
  20. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Indeed. I doubt we'll get an answer on stream either. Not because they're not willing to talk about it (though they most likely are not willing to), but rather because I don't think Nat or Adam know the answer. It's a Matt question.

On a different note: Anyone got any ideas what Rivet's anniversary collection actually is? Liveries, loco DLC, scenario pack, etc?

• Like Like x 2
  21. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Sounds good . Best roadmap in a while

22. bdlaplaca

bdlaplaca Member

My home route! Even with its shorter length, if they implement a full weekday timetable before the pandemic, it should be a busy, rush hour, type of route. Opportunities to include AI Hudson Line services below Melrose which use the same rolling stock. Would have preferred the route end at Southeast (end of electrified section of line) but the variety of different stopping patterns mainly occur below North White Plains anyway.

I do have some feedback regarding the 2 trains used on this route that Dovetail is most likely updating from LIRR: I would like to see PIS on the M7As, and the M3A doors should not have the M7A sounds, when they close after the door chime, they are silent/quiet without the whirring in real life. And of course the running sounds of the M7A which has already been discussed in the past.

Looking forward to this one!

• Like Like x 5
  23. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

Although I'm looking forward to some of the upcoming things there are two things that don't really get in my mind and I would be very interested in an answer:

- how do you plan to release the preservation crews work? What are your plans to speed up the release process here? With so many upcoming DLCs there surely aren't many testing slots available and the queue of finished improvements will continue to grow.

- Did some train artists leave DTG a while ago? I mean there is definetely a lack of loco DLC and the recycling rate of existing trains is continously growing as it seems. I know they are improved and worked again which truly needs some time but come on.. there is no way this is somehow comparable to the work needed to build a new train. So I suspect you have the resources for the development of new routes but not for so many new trains, right?

It would be interesting to hear some insights on this (or even better: a post in the forums for those of us who haven't got time to watch all streams). Personally I'm still not very interested in new routes, I'd buy the Tharandter Ramp only because of the 612, but I am interested in new trains for the existing routes and am quite concerned why hardly any of them are mentioned.

• Like Like x 6
  24. fabristunt

Rivet's next blunder is probably the fix for Arosa's timetable. Since they messed it up beyond salvaging, they will release an add-on with a new timetable. They will make money and avoid fixing the timetable. If that turns out to be the case, they are dead to me.

• Like Like x 1
  25. pacificorca#1435

pacificorca#1435 Active Member

Totally agreed, I had been really hoping for the hudson line especially as that should be a bit longer. I fear the Harlem line will be pretty boring from a gameplay standpoint in its current state, not a whole ton of variety of services. I would assume DTG are trying to avoid putting in the dual mode genesis locos by not going up to southeast. I will say if this lays the manhattan scenery groundwork for a Hudson line project in the future it would be totally worth it.

• Like Like x 2
  26. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

I'm I correct in thinking the Harlem line doesn't have any signals and all signals are cab based? Given that DTG track record with in cab signalling has so far been an epic fail (here's looking at you Mr Boston & Mrs Sherman), this is a very brave choice by them. Although have to say a 23mile route with effectively no new locos/MU isn't making me rush to put it on my day 1 must purchase list, unlike virtually every other DLC in recent times

• Like Like x 6
  27. Coastway trainspotter

• Helpful Helpful x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  28. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

OK.So it's a few new relivery options but the new observation car sweet,it looks like it just replaces the baggage car.Hopefully the baggage car will still be used on train with the new observation car.

• Like Like x 1
  29. simon_fielding

simon_fielding Well-Known Member

I just want to know when they will add another British route because Harlem Line is the third American route they’ve had since Boston Sprinter. There is also Tharandter Rampe, and three other German locos.

• Like Like x 5
  30. Jinoss17

• Like Like x 4
  31. fabristunt

Just as I was expecting. This is the fixed Arosa timetable and it's payware. How can a company like that still be in business?

• Like Like x 11
  32. Trainiac

I hope not. This should be a free Christmas update!

• Like Like x 5
  33. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Still no new loco DLCs from DTG....

The Harlem line is something I guess.

• Like Like x 2
  34. redrev1917

I'm still trying to fathom this out, so this pack improves the timetable (which we've been previously promised a bug fix), adds 10 new services, a (admittedly very nice looking) observation coach and then 5 resprays of the existing loco. No idea what the price point will be but if it's priced alongside Loco DLC's then I'll be shocked but not suprised

• Like Like x 3
  35. Jannerdunk

Jannerdunk Well-Known Member

I hope Rivet are not expecting us to pay again for them to fix a timetable that never worked correctly when the original released. So I suppose my question is. Will existing owners of the route receive a fixed timetable if they don't buy the new liveries?

• Like Like x 4
  36. Jinoss17

If you read the messages in the link posted above, it seems that the new TT is payware and, as a bonus, you get some liveries :|

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  37. Coastway trainspotter

So we have to pay for what rivet broke . Amazing

• Like Like x 1
  38. pacificorca#1435

pacificorca#1435 Active Member

• Like Like x 1
  39. Jinoss17

That's what I understand from reading it. I could be wrong.

40. redrev1917

This had better be a bad joke. Here's a broken DLC, you want it fixing? Better cough up or live with the original. What's more appalling for me is that on the road map the timetable fix is still on it but further down the list then this new pack. If I'm reading this right then this DLC will actually be released with the original broken timetable.

41. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Um, no. It's completely separate from the Arosa timetable, which is free.

• Like Like x 3
  42. Jinoss17

No, the current timetable it's not free and it's bugged.

43. redrev1917

The timetable fix is in production, the DLC pack with the upgraded timetable is up coming. Unless the road map is wrong then the quickest way to get a working timetable is by buying the DLC. Or you can wait and watch the timetable fix fall off the route map...

44. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

Gosh still no new modern British route? I guess the next British one really will just be Steam related. I'm losing interest fast with this game. I've played all my favourite routes to death and the anticipation of something new that I'll enjoy is what makes me wanna keep playing. I know it's subjective, but it's just how I feel. I'm at least glad GWE will finally be getting a preservation update.

The Harlem line does sound interesting, but I just know it'll be one of those routes like Long Island Railroad and Rapid Transit where I'll play it for an hour tops before going "that was pretty fun" and never touch it again. Again, that's just down to personal taste. DTG have a very big job making sure there's something for everyone so I can't exactly be frustrated with them.

• Like Like x 2
  45. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

IMG_20211130_173046.jpg

Indeed Rivet's "RhB Anniversary Collection" has to be related to Arosa. If we look at the recent image on Twitter and the Rätische Bahn video of the 100th anniversary of the Arosa linie where the Langwieser viaduct can be seen illuminated, it is quite obvious.

Let's see what they surprise us with but let's remember that it's been 8 months since it was launched so I hope that before they try to sell us anything related to this route they fix everything that's broken.

• Like Like x 1
  46. Trenomarcus

Trenomarcus Well-Known Member

Just want a confirmation that the Arosa Line timetable, the main one, not the payware one, is getting fixed. If we have to get a pack for the main timetable to be fixed is just a shame.

47. redrev1917

It's more than a shame, it's a crime

• Like Like x 1
  48. alex.flume

alex.flume Member

Really REALLY excited to see that Great Western Express will be getting some love from Adam and the preservation crew.

Hoping we get branded containers on the Class 66, like those on the new Union Pacific Sherman Hill route.

49. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

The bottleneck, and the hard work, is not the art department but the physics modeling. That takes a lot of time and a lot of iterative prototyping. Although as has been said over and over again the route is only 20-odd (slow) miles, the amount of urban scenery building is prodigious; this is bloody Manhattan, not the Wyoming high plains. Somehow rolling stock + route length + scenery all have to add together to fall within a project budget of N pounds. Or do you want to start paying 75 quid per route?

What I have to chuckle at is that after the incessant calls for the NY Metro North, when DTG do release it now people are complaining that the sim, like the RL line, uses the same trains as the LIRR! Smh.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  50. Kobebeef

Kobebeef Active Member

Will the upcoming update to Brighton main line adress the memory usage?of that third rail, or whatever it was Matt said xD
    Thus greatly reducing memory usage? Idk