Train Sim World 2 - Roadmap Update 30/11/2021

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, Nov 30, 2021.

1. dosto762

dosto762 Well-Known Member

Sounds good, the new Metro North Railroad route sounds nice but it's a bit short and reuses LIRR locos (would be nice to see other MTA locos, and it can also always be extended mid production) ECW and GWE are getting a presentation update which should see the new 377 and Class 387 layers as well as 387 AI services at Brighton. Rivet completely messed up the route code for the RhB anniversary collection. And why is G6 loco listed twice?

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

The MNR Trains are actually a bit different from the LIRR ones. The difference should be noticeable in game.

• Like Like x 1
  3. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Worth noting that routes are now appearing on the roadmap when relatively close to releasing.

This "Spirit of Steam release" is In Planning.
    Dovetail know fine well there is money to be made with a UK route between then and now, and I suspect the UK may be in development, but further away from release.

My 'theory' is that the UK route is a larger one - with a new loco or two (if we're being hopefully), and a couple reused - which is why we aren't seeing it. The development time is just longer.

Unlikely. But that's just a theory...

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Thats a good point of view. To be honest i prefere route and locos in separate dlcs, because i rather pay 30 for the route and 20 for a new loco, but it includes sll advanced features and details instead of a basic version comes with the route.

As example. West cornwall is its price worth as full package. But i would prefere to pay separate for the 150, but all features included.

Well i expect todays standard for tsw2 to be with many details as in the cl.20 uk loco addon, where even the external fusebox is modeled, but im not expecting anything for free.

So at the bottom of the line if this is dtgs strategy to keep new locos and routes separate, i totally support that.

• Like Like x 1
  5. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

Is the GWE update included in this update I have just downloaded?

6. meridian#2659

About Rivets Anniversary dlc:

Looking forward to that. With the ge 4/4 rivet made one of the few locos in tsw2 with modeled engine room, which can be entered. Big plus in terms of details!

Also Rivet makes a first step into livery marketplace, which is asked serval times at dtgs forums, and it comes with a game package (additional services and rolling stock) -- nice, day 1 purchais for me

• Like Like x 1
  7. JealousSheep768

JealousSheep768 Well-Known Member

No, it is still in production and yes this will mean the 166 and the 43 will get rd support

• Like Like x 2
  8. Mr heff

Mr heff Well-Known Member

Yay some trains we already have

9. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

As I understood Matt to say in a stream some time back, there is something about one of the online stores which requires loco DLC to be "housed" in a specific route.

Although I think that could be got around by creating a null "route" as part of the core game, to which all rolling stock could be attached.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  10. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

Nice to see GWE added to the Preservation section. The WSR was a triumph so I can't wait to see what the team do with this one.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

Personally I don't really bother with American routes but having visited grand Central Terminal a few years ago, I'm tempted to buy it.

12. meridian#2659

Well if DTG wants to solve the Problem with multiple versions of Locos like the Class 66, 377 and all german Locos which are dublicated as updated and old versions, the only way in future will be separate them out of the routes in a very main core (Route 0), so an update to a loco would overwrite the maincore and apply it to all substituted routes.

The other catch DTG would have is the thing with the liveries --> We wouldnt have 3 Class 66 confusing all substitutions with its liveries. So there would be the 1 updated loco with its different liveries in the main core, and the type of the activated livery would be managed by each route differently.

so example the cl. 37 with all its liveries would be separate from tvl. So it would substitute in tvl with the activated railfreight livery, and substitute in a potential future 1960s route with a BR Green livery.

13. Mateiule

Mateiule Active Member

I pray they at least have Yankees-E 153

• Like Like x 1
  14. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

My reasoning behind this is this. this is the only route with 1000mm track while all others are 1435mm track.If you put arosa line trains on the 1435mm track it doesn't look weird unless you look directly at the wheels,otherwise it look fine.
    But when you put any other train on the arosa line track it looks dumb because you can't miss the fact that the wheels overhang the rails alot.

15. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

So apart from a vent... and seats?

• Like Like x 2
  16. Dinger75

Dinger75 Well-Known Member

So no release this year for anything related to the now 3 completed preservation routes according to tonight's stream

Seems like again the updates are waiting on the Q&A team to get their act together or DTG hierarch to start to care about anything other than the updates which have a pound sign next to it

Getting really annoyed with this now

• Like Like x 10
  17. wxtr7

wxtr7 Well-Known Member

Honestly another New York route (and sort-of recycled stock) doesn't really interest me much. But I wasn't interested in Dresden until it was previewed and it's gameplay sold me, so who knows... I do wonder though if they chose a short NEC area route so they can focus on getting ATC/U.S. in-cab signalling finally correct before they back port it to Boston and LIRR. I'm assuming it's probably easier to build it up and test when setting up a new route than rather than try to edit an existing one? That and decent sound I think will be my determining factors.

Also hoping the Penn Corridor updates aren't too much further away, and something's visibly changing soon to expedite Adam's team's work.

18. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

At this point they should just release beta versions of those routes so we can test them ourselves and give feedback. At the end of the day we already have the routes and just want them to improve, let us.

• Like Like x 8
  19. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

I was Happy for the New MNRR route, which is a personal favorite of mine since I really like the Harlem line, until it was up to North White plains which is a Severe Let down. They could have done easily done up to SouthEast which would be an additional 10 to 15 miles

• Like Like x 1
  20. tibomatthijs

tibomatthijs Well-Known Member

U need to pay... It are a few extra liveries but, also more gameplay; +10 services, more scenarios. Its not great i know but meh idk, the liveries are quite cool, the route will stay shitty as it is now...

21. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Okay, there is quite a lot of confusion on here regarding TWO timetable updates.

The FIRST is a free rework/fix of the existing route's timetable, which applies to all owners of Arosa.

The SECOND adds ten new services, as part of the livery pack.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  22. tibomatthijs

tibomatthijs Well-Known Member

Timetable FIX, is free. The gameplay pack just adds more services

23. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

When Deltic?
    When Lambo?

Looking forward to the LIRR extension though, very atmospheric route, but needs a bit more colour.

24. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Regarding Harlem Line Grand Central to North White Plains trains are exactly the same as the Long Island Railroad versions with key differences M7As have a different HVAC Duct and M3A seats being M7A seats instead of 1983 original seats. Video in the station

• Like Like x 1
  25. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

That's great to hear but WHEN! According to Adam a few weeks ago he said most of the preserved routes have been done so we are waiting for release. I have been waiting for this update for months and it might not be released this year? I haven't seen the stream yet but if this is the case it is disappointing.

• Like Like x 1
  26. trainsimgaming1001

trainsimgaming1001 Well-Known Member

A Game Theory!

• Like Like x 4
  27. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Louis-MTA NYCTA Well-Known Member

For me I am excited particularly at the Harlem Lines from Grand Central to White Plains Road.

For many on the forum, you all know I have always been fond with North American Passenger routes.

This time I am excited and like the M3 release I am looking forward to this one. This time we get 2 trains in 1 route (M7A & M3A) instead of the separate M3 add-on on LIRR. I hope this route gets the justice it deserves for being busy taking place at New York's "Big Apple" in Grand Central Terminal our famous landmark of New York City rendered in Unreal Engine for TSW 2!

I hope this route will feature the use of the peak direction express services that utilize the 3 of 4 tracks in quad track sections as used in real life, so we can actually have train races so to speak with bypassing local trains. This is something that is fairly absent on the LIRR route. I also didn't forget the 4 abandoned stations along the underground and elevated structure on the outer local tracks between Grand Central and Harlem-125th Street. These are: 59th, 72nd, 86th and 110th street stations. East Side Access LIRR via Grand Central could be considered in TSW 2 as well, but I am getting a little overboard now...

Some potential add-ons could be:
    Genesis and BL20-GH locomotives with Shoreliner coaches - these are different yet similar to the CTC/BTC coaches from Boston Sprinter...
    (Important to note: These dual-mode diesels could run on both electrified and non-electrified sections of the route as per real life usage. They are used occasionally and sometimes are used as shuttles). Although they mostly run to Connecticut via the New Haven Line and the Hudson Line.
    Maybe the heritage FL9 train with it's special coaches could be considered as it was released on TS classic a few years back.

This new DLC addition really surprised me and I am excited once more for another American passenger route!!!

28. appledates#4945

appledates#4945 Well-Known Member

Some pictures of the RhB livery’s and new passenger carriage which looks real nice! 2DC40AD7-4585-4B8A-9C91-E9B7ABF627A2.jpeg 26E49582-F0D3-4AF6-8496-06A46AE1F800.jpeg
    63C85DB4-3F8D-4C32-B9E5-C4638CC4D207.jpeg 8982B41D-2674-49B4-9606-15ADD190FA84.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  29. steamfan#1309

steamfan#1309 Well-Known Member

I found this when looking up spirit of steam in eastern Virginia, US. 91MPtI8OiQL.jpg For those who don't know, this is a 2-8-4 Berkshire (yes same type of engine from the Polar Express) from the C&O.

• Like Like x 1
  30. malikrthr

malikrthr Well-Known Member

This is amazing news :D I am really glad to see Metro North coming to TSW2. For a second, I thought my eyes didn't see the page correctly. Lol, I thought the Harlem line would make it to TS2022 before TSW2 since TS2022 currently has 2/3 electrified routes for Metro North. The only thing is, the line should have atleast went up to Southeast in my opinion as EMU's will be operating along the route. Hopefully at some point, locomotive hauled equipment (Shoreliners I, II, III and IV) along with the P32AC-DM and BL20GH get featured as add ons. Hopefully, the route at some point gets extended to Southeast or Wassaic, as there are many stations north of North White Plains for the Harlem line.

• Like Like x 1
  31. steamfan#1309

I personally feel like they chose this route just so they can save time by copying and pasting the trains. What I call a copy and paste route.

32. malikrthr

Hopefully before the route is released, the scenery details to GCT, apartments, stone masonry viaduct from 97th street portal to 111th street and trestle from 111th street to the Harlem River lift bridge, condo's, houses, and trackside items are close to the protypical route. I think GCT should have a good amount of detail as that can allow for future expansion if the Hudson and New Haven lines are implemented. While the M3 and M7 are similar to the M3A and M7A, I hope the detail differences can be spotted, as the M3A has a single headlight lamp while the M3A has doube headlight lamps. The M7 does not have external HVAC roof mounts while the M7A has external HVAC mounts. There are definitely a few other visible differences on the exterior and interior of the trains that should definitely be considered.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  33. CrazyDash

CrazyDash Well-Known Member

Very poor pick for a US route. This is the third American Passenger route that’s in the Northeast. We need something new in a new area. Im also upset that we’re just getting reused rolling stock. Now before everyone corrects me, I could care less if the interior is different, it’s still remotely the same as the M7 and M3 from LIRR. The fact that this is only using 23 of the 81 mile line is also very disappointing. Also what’s with all of the electric passenger routes? We need more diesel routes. DTG is completely blanking out on so many popular and iconic diesels such as the F59, the P42, and the SC44. As someone who loves US passenger routes, this addition is very underwhelming.

• Like Like x 2
  34. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

I stand corrected. Read it in a book recently- guess they needed a better fact-checker!

35. malikrthr

CSX runs on the Harlem line to Mount Vernon West. To get onto the Harlem line, I think the CSX trains would operate along the Hudson line via Metro North WYE in Mott Haven, and merge onto the lower potion of the Harlem line. Low emissions diesel locomotives can enter GCT, as well as diesel locomotives, but locomtives will need to operate at the lowest notch to avoid diesel fumes and the locomotives will need to have a safety hatch to exit in case of an emergency in the park avenue tunnels.

While the Harlem line is a great route, I believe alot of the complaints may be that the route for TSW2 does not cover the full portion of the Harlem line currently. If anything, I think the full electrified portion of the line should be featured, GCT to Southeast. This was implemented back in Trainz Classics 1 & 2 in 2007.

• Like Like x 3
  36. ArTrailfanRaf214

ArTrailfanRaf214 Member

OMG! Harlem Line, let's go! One of my favourite routes from Trainz is finally coming to TSW. :love:

• Like Like x 1
  37. malikrthr

Definitely agreed. It will be cool if all the track infrastructure (upper and lower levels of GCT are featured) as well as the abandoned platforms within the park avenue tunnels. Since the CTC/BTC coaches were created and well designed in TSW2, I definitely think shoreliners can be created as they run in a similar fashion push pull configuration featured on the Boston Sprinter rush hour route. The FL9 will be a great addon as well. I wonder if there will be a possible freight scenario since CSX runs along the Harlem line up until Crestwood, and CSX Oakpoint link trackage is right under the Harlem River Lift Bridge on the Bronx side. The Harlem River Yard can be featured and we can maybe see trackage up until Highbridge yard, where CSX trains can operate on the southern portion of the Hudson line spur, and turn on the WYE at Mott Haven, to get to the Harlem Line

38. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I agree that the length of the Harlem Line is way too short. The full line is 82 miles from Grand Central To Wassaic. However the section between southeast station and wassaic is not electrified (The P32AC-DM would run on that section) and the M3A/M7As on the Harlem line run from Grand Central To Southeast so the length of the electrified section is only 53 miles with 30 stations in the electrified section. The fact that they weren't able to make the route longer considering that the newer british and german passenger routes are 50+ miles long makes it a bit of a shame. I wouldn't mind if the diesel section wasn't included but surely it could've been longer. At least to southeast.

It's nice that another american passenger route is being included. Particularly a line that I sometimes use to head upstate to and from the city and I do use the Metro North Railroad often to see friends in White Plains or to go to places like the Palisades Center Mall on the Hudson line or the New Haven line to go to New Rochelle. I just feel like the Harlem line could've been longer.

And the M7A and M3A are not the same train as the M7 and M3 on the LIRR. There are technical differences, interior differences and slight differences with the sound along with the M7A having a tall and curved HVAC system on the roof to clear tree branches or debris from blocking the air conditioning fans. It's understandable though why many think it's just a recycled train but it's not a simple copy/paste

Last edited: Dec 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  39. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Correct and you are wondering how to operate M7A it's the same as LIRR M7 PS5 R1 brakes R2 Accelerate L1 charge Brakes Xbox RB Brakes RT acceleration left bumper charge brakes. One thing you don't worry about is the DRA Red Button seen on British EMUs and DMUs German & Austrian Federspiecherbremse depending on the locomotive Male voice DB BR406/403 ÖBB Announcer Chris Lohner DB BR182 & MRCE BR182. M7A doesn't have it instead emergency brakes max brakes then use master key to deactivate cab.

• Like Like x 3
  40. ixofxiii

ixofxiii Well-Known Member

I'm excited for it. MN is my favorite RR. I grew up in the Bronx. I also hope they get the scenery right but they may have. The NEC in TSW 2020 was accurate. I know cause I grew up blocks from the hunts point market. I use to have a great view from my window to the tracks just north of the market.
    On the outside maybe. But the signaling and operations are different compared to the LIRR. LI has the M3 and M7 while Metro North has the M3A and the M7A. Inside and operation wise, they are two different trains

• Like Like x 1
  41. ixofxiii

ixofxiii Well-Known Member

Yeah, the Harlem line to north white plains may seem short but look at the schedules. Locals end at north white plains while express trains go further north to southeast. So it may seem short, but unless you're express, it won't be a short trip time-wise.

42. LimitedEdiition

LimitedEdiition Well-Known Member

Considering how short the route is, I will be expecting both levels of Grand Central Terminal. It's pretty clear they made an objective decision to cut the route to North White Plains instead of Southeast, so I will expect the sections that we get (it's only 23 miles, so no excuses) to have increased level of detail. I will also expect the sounds of the M7 and M3 to be vastly improved from the abomination present in the LIRR route.

• Like Like x 1
  43. dosto762

dosto762 Well-Known Member

hopefully, however the route was just announced, DTG tends to extend routes midway through production (for example BRD to Großenhain and Meißen) and for the trains, I think AI MTA services will be implemented.

• Like Like x 2
  44. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

No, enough with DTG adding poorly tested content to the retail build. What they need is someone on the preservation team who has testing their own work as part of his/her work responsibilities. Someone who can predict potential issues and look for them specifically. It would be a lot more efficient that submitting it for generic quality assurance. Too bureaucratic and inefficient the way it currently works, as exemplified by how long it takes finished work to get a release slot.

• Like Like x 1
  45. Jinoss17

Jinoss17 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 3
  46. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Well, my idea was you'd keep the original version and get a parallel beta version you could give them feedback on. QA is overflowing with content and frankly misses a lot. The community is large and WANTS good content, so the feedback could be more viable. And as those are old routes we're talking about, it wouldn't be DTG losing money from giving us the refurbished pres.col. content earlier.

• Like Like x 1
  47. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Louis-MTA NYCTA Well-Known Member

Totally agree, the M7's propulsion/traction motors are completely broken. They have been broken since the debut of TSW 2 over a year ago.
    Even while the preservation update was released, the M7's propulsion is still broken.
    The LIRR M3 however is in much better state than the M7. Although the sounds in my opinion sound fairly wrong and they tend to break or cut in and out when traveling at fast speeds. But I am hoping their will be a update to both the M7A and M3A as they are both different from their M7 and M3 counterparts.

• Like Like x 2
  48. SubwayRailfanner

SubwayRailfanner Well-Known Member

I hope so this is a bit short they should extend it at least 6 more miles. They do owe American passenger fans quite a bit.

• Like Like x 4
  49. SgtBreadSt1ck

SgtBreadSt1ck Active Member

Glad to see the Harlem Line finally being put into the game. I just hope that the sounds won't be screwed up like the horn. Also, I wish it went up to Southeast. It would include more services and would have a lot of grade crossings. It also has the potential to have a P32AC-DM DLC for the Wassaic Train from GCT to Wassaic.

• Like Like x 1
  50. steamfan#1309

Agreed. However if they would have done this route when the NYC owned it we would have had the opportunity to drive the 20th Century Limited.

• Like Like x 2