Thameslink Class 700 Add On For Brighton Mainline

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by akshay26, Oct 20, 2021.

1. akshay26

akshay26 Active Member

The Thameslink Class 700 Desiro City is a EMU operating on the Thameslink Network. With the replacement of the Class 319s, 377s & 387s on Thameslink, the Class 700s are the only train that operates on Thameslink. These trains were constructed between 2014 & 2018 and have a maximum operating speed of 160km/h or 100mph. We could operate the services between East Croydon & Brighton.

Class 700.JPG

We all know that DTG has licensing issues with Thameslink. But maybe in the future, we could see it in the game. Joe Burgess mentioned that he left spaces in the Southern timetable in the Brighton Mainline for this proposed DLC.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 32
  2. samuelbrookes1

samuelbrookes1 Active Member

I definitely agree that the class 700 should be added. Without the class 700, Balcombe, Salfords and Earlswood stations aren't served at all. This could also be layered onto the Southeastern High Speed route.

• Like Like x 1
  3. seandouglas

seandouglas Active Member

These would be really really good! And would serve as a good basis for other Desiro City trains DTG could produce like the 707 or 717!

• Like Like x 1
  4. akshay26

akshay26 Active Member

With the licensing issues for Thameslink, they could obtain the license, but not for the Class 700, but it is very easy because it has white, yellow and blue colours

• Like Like x 1
  5. 2martens

2martens Well-Known Member

I'd like this very much. But I am wondering about the licensing issues, because the Thameslink, Southern and Gatwick Express franchises belong to the same company.

6. tibomatthijs

tibomatthijs Well-Known Member

DTG does finally have Thameslink license (that is what the leak said twice [nothing confirmed])

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

This would be great, but damn can you imagine the FPS with a 700 layer too? Lol. I’d still love to see them added though.

8. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

I think they already had the Thameslink license. It's the license for the Class 700 that's the issue.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Rail Runner

Yeah, I’m pretty sure they’d have to go to Siemens for the licensing.

• Like Like x 1
  10. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

Where did the whole idea of needing a license to model the train type itself actually come from out of curiosity?

• Like Like x 1
  11. tibomatthijs

tibomatthijs Well-Known Member

Somebody model that and came with the idea, so he get the credits for it. So if u wanne remake it u need to ask that since its company owned

12. Rail Runner

Well it’s because it’s their property I assume is the main reason, and DTG would be making money off of it. So I’m guessing that’s why.
    But that’s only a guess, I haven’t a scooby why else it would be.

13. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

But why does this always come up when the Class 700 gets mentioned specifically and not other train types?
    Surely that would mean all trains modelled would need licenses then additional licenses for each livery?
    It just seems a bit weird, I'm wondering if anyone knows why for certain rather than what could just be a rumour circling here in the forums.

14. 2martens

2martens Well-Known Member

It could have to do with the special setup in the UK. The rolling stock is owned by rolling stock companies (not the operators), the liveries (aka branding of operators) are owned by the operators (e.g. Govia Thameslink Railway, First Group, Transport for London), and maybe the rights to the model of the class 700 itself (aka not the specific physical replica but the idea of the model) belong to the manufacturer. In case of class 700 this is Siemens Mobility.

The other classes were not fabricated by Siemens Mobility and hence the difference. As for the German locos: they seem to have a license with Deutsche Bahn AG. Perhaps, the contracts of the Deutsche Bahn with the manufacturers of their locos are different and allow them (Deutsche Bahn) to also license the replication of the model in a digital form.

15. Rail Runner

Maybe they’re under warranty? I’m not 100% certain, I’m afraid.
    I think it’s been commented on quite a lot on the forum because they’re in quite a high demand for TS.
    Sorry I can’t give you an answer, I’m just not sure why specifically.

16. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

Not at all. There's a reason it hasn't been created yet. DTG themselves have said that they've had issues with it. It is not easy to get.

17. akshay26

akshay26 Active Member

They could maybe have a 319?

18. Rail Runner

To be honest, it’s the wrong era. Considering they said it was 2018+, the 319s had disappeared by then. Realistically, 700s would be the most accurate. But it would have been nice to have had a 319 on the route.

• Like Like x 1
  19. akshay26

akshay26 Active Member

They could put a different timetable maybe in 2015 or 2016, to add a 319, 377 or 387