You Had One Job.....

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Bradley, Nov 24, 2021.

1. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

so in the update it says you added ONE containers to Rhein Rhur Osten, none of these things have been implemented, no one containers. DTG had ONE job and screwed up at least rush hour passengers work like they should

Last edited: Nov 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. appledates#4945

appledates#4945 Well-Known Member

You say they had one job and screwed up but then you say at least the rush hour passengers work. So I’m confused.

• Like Like x 7
  3. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Apologies. This was meant to be removed.

We've done some work on it, but it hasn't released.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  4. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

Sick of apologies what we actually want is to see some action on the number of bugs that are completely ruining the game.

• Like Like x 6
  5. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

You think they don't work on it? Until they've got stuff to tell you, apologies are all they can say. Put the pitchforks down, everyone's friends here...

• Like Like x 4
  6. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

You would think with dtg putting things that waste time like testing things before release...They would have more time to fixes problems instead...wait a minute why doesn't that make sense....

• Like Like x 1
  7. trainsimplayer

Just because the forums are the most unpredictable part of the internet (I have no doubt you know why), I'll give the awnser:

Because Testing is what finds bugs. That doesn't guarantee immediate or pre-release fixes, but it means they know. And testing can't always find everything, it may be so obscure nobody notices it at all.

Take Sherman Hill - as the newest release it's a good example, and a good sense of direction from say, BML.

- Release was fairly smooth, and I've not seen all that many problems reported, bar some crashes on consoles, the bell issue and some people having issues with performance.
    - The bell fix is already out (as far as I know)
    - A performance enhancement was released today on steam.

So I think that testing is worth it.

(Again, I have no doubt you were being sarcastic/joking there, however before someone stumbles across this I'm going to chip (back) in to this thread.)

• Like Like x 3
  8. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

Well if dtg didn't have what's clearly ready or not dlc release times(more offen then not)then extra time would be available to better fine tune the newest dlc with as few issuses as possible,clearly there shareholders don't understand a better more well done dlc means more sales more profit and better quarterly earnings report for shareholders.

• Like Like x 1
  9. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

Don’t talk utter rubbish you say all they can do is apologise until they have stuff to tell us but ignore the fact that virtually every recent release has had issues that make them unplayable and yet you appear to want to defend them.

• Like Like x 2
  10. trainsimplayer

Sherman Hill, Cathcart Circle. Both within the last few releases (with only Rush Hour seperating them - DTG wise, routes only) have been fine. Even at that, Rush Hour just didn't go well in itself.

To put a little perspective for you here.

You're making a point of me for wanting to defend them (I don't really, however I do respect dovetail and I think it's better to be reasonable as opposed to not).

I could sit here and say;

"And you appear to want to attack them."
    (I'm not saying Criticism because I find it fairly unreasonable).

If you get an awnser that you don't like (i.e. an apology and "we're working on it" - which actually typically proves to be true), then you have to deal with it.

Rather than using the tone here.

I ain't the forum police, and I'm not a DTG censor, however if your just going to make statements, with the negative tone all around it, with nothing to back it up-
    Why even bother?
    (Constructive Criticism > Complaint with nothing to add)

Also, I can defend them if I want. Problem?

• Like Like x 3
  11. appledates#4945

appledates#4945 Well-Known Member

I only see a few posts that are utter rubbish, their post not being one of them. Is your glass half full or half empty? I agree with Trainsim.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Boris The Frog

Boris The Frog Active Member

Cathcart suffered from lighting issues, framerate drops as well as some pretty bad pop-in issues.
    Sherman Hill is already showing signs of a return of the infamous out of memory error as well as some dramatic framerate drops.

*ALL* Rush Hour routes suffered from a multitude of problems.

Everything may be all well and dandy over in PC land but over here in console land that makes it five out of five routes that are far from "fine" - and with this downwards trend in overall quality showing no signs whatsoever of diminishing people have every right to be a bit miffed. Apologies are ok.....but when round after round of apologies are all we seem to get, that's not ok.

The sad thing is, of all the simplest of fixes imaginable they can't even be bothered addressing the orange on orange cursor (used for tweaking weather settings) so what hope for something a bit more complicated?

• Like Like x 3
  13. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

Stupid comment and wonder if you are for real. Do you actually not see the huge number of threads and comments on here and on social media that have continued to increase every week about DTG being all talk and little action in respect of the large number of major bugs let alone the small annoying ones.

• Like Like x 1
  14. trainsimplayer

Firstly, the lighting issues aren't a bug, it's just how they were set up.
    And the other issues are nothing compared to the rush hour release. And I - despite playing on an Xbox One S, yes, I don't play on PC like you presume - haven't actually noticed anything bar the lighting, which as I say - not a bug.

So Cathcart was relatively smooth.

As for Sherman, there was a performance enhancing patch out yesterday, however according to Matt the issues have something to do with the Skybox - something like that.

But again, compared to rush hour, very smooth. And we already have 2 fixes out (at least PC users have them, they're in the console release cycle) within a matter of days.

And, I'm using rush hour as a comparison because it just went horribly. And compared to it both Cathcart and Sherman Hill both went well.

15. trainsimplayer

Ever heard of an opinion?

Every. Single. Post. I've seen from you has had an air of negativity I've never seen here.
    Even replying to staff with comments like

"What a ridiculous reply this is from a staff member." (Taken from the thread about changed release times)

Put the damn pitchforks down. Listen to a roadmap stream and inform yourself - especially when Matt's there. Matt is upfront and honest about what's happening. Watch his part on the most recent roadmap stream, and then make your arguement again.

Because to be honest, I agree that the Rush Hour launch was unacceptable and more could be (and should be) done to resolve it. However, I think I speak for most people - when I say that the aggressive tone is just incredibly rude - to staff and members alike - it's also very unpleasant and makes threads like this one, which was a mere question about where something in an update was - which was on the patch notes when it shouldn't have been - to you having a go at a staff member for apologising for a mistake in the patch notes.

Read your posts, put the pitchforks down, be more civil.

• Like Like x 5
  16. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

It is my opinion and I have every right to post it.

Listen to the roadmap stream on every occasion including when Adam states something is ready for release but we wait months, yes months before we see it. If you think stating what a staff member says is rubbish is an issue and rude you need to get a life. If I called them names or anything personal then I would agree but what the staff member said was rubbish given the current state of the game. You don’t speak for most people you speak for yourself.

Given your posts it appears you think there is little wrong with the game and in a previous post you actually said I had nothing to back my comments up then I suggest you read all the other posts regarding issues.

I am not bothered about scenery issues or where something does not meet someone’s view of how something should look. I’m not even bothered about minor bugs but I am bothered about things that make certain routes unplayable. Perhaps you should read the posts from people who have even stopped playing the game.

• Like Like x 4
  17. trainsimplayer

Testing Backlog. Matt has commented on it before.

It was an example. And the problem isn't what you say, it's how your saying it. This post that I'm replying to is just dig after dig after dig! Also, if you say the official line is "ridiculous" that that's on you. Until they have the ability to say something you have to deal with it.
    Perhaps that was a poor choice of words.

And also, I don't think there is little to nothing wrong with it, I take it as it is.
    If there's a bug, I'll send a ticket. If there's crashes, I'll send the crash report. If there's other issues I'll make a point of it, even if it's just a reply to a thread saying "yep, had this as well".

The difference between you and I is the way we go about it. I do it passively, you do it aggressively.
    Yeah, and I get the frustration. I have crashes on BML (at Victoria) and Dresden (going into Dresden) often (Xbox One S), and I find it very annoying.

Do I make I fuss about it? No.
    Why? What difference does it really make. As soon as I send that crash report or that ticket in, they have what they need. And I trust them to - at the very least - investigate the issue (at least when it's common among the community).

18. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

Well if you don’t make a fuss about it your choice but if everybody was as happy as you just putting a ticket in we wouldn’t see anything dealt with. You might trust them but the vast majority of people don’t given their past record with little or no sign that they have learnt anything when you see the state of new releases.

The minimum requirement for all releases should be the game works and every tutorial and scenario works on every platform and this should be included in the testing where it clearly hasn’t. I shouldn’t think that anybody expects them to test every journey and we would all except the minor bugs.

Despite all the apologies there has been no improvement. You carry on being passive and excepting that you are paying good money for things that don’t work.

• Like Like x 1
  19. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

Oh by the way testing back log you say even on items Adam completed months ago. Says it all really.

• Like Like x 1
  20. A Big Chungus

A Big Chungus Active Member

Chill. A lot of players are annoyed. You have a right to vent. But constantly venting and putting down DTG isn't going to achieve anything, other than making yourself and others more annoyed and spread negativity.

• Like Like x 3
  21. trainsimplayer

I will accept that because I'm able to play everything bar the two rush hour routes I mentioned with the worst thing being a performance hit now and again.

I pay good money for the TSW routes like anyone else because I like and enjoy the game, both as a game, and as a simulator. Depends how I feel :).

However, being passive does as much as constantly venting your anger and just slamming dovetail.
    It's actually better when you think about it. Try it! :)

My point exactly.

• Like Like x 2
  22. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

Except you are wrong because it is only by DTG seeing how angry players are getting, and I am certainly not the only one, that they will improve on what they are producing and actually fix all the problems we are getting. Staying passive as saying it’s OK I will just wait until it’s fixed will not change their current attitude to issues.

• Like Like x 3
  23. trainsimplayer

And what is their attitude to issues, saying as you seem to know what DTG are thinking.

Also, being angry really doesn't help. It just makes things worse for everyone. Don't know where being angry does anything good except a political protest.

• Like Like x 1
  24. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

It’s clear their attitude is a non urgent one and a couldn’t care less attitude when it comes to the release of new routes. If they did care the new routes would at least receive the testing I have mentioned and it is clear that is not the case in fact even Matt admitted on one of the streams the lack of testing on consoles. Might be good enough for you but certainly isn’t for me.

Being angry shows DTG what players feel about the state of the game and suggest you read more threads here or posts on Facebook you won’t find many complimentary posts. Sitting there just filling in a ticket together with probably the thousands they receive doesn’t help.

Anyhow you have your view and I have mine and I have been very fair about my expectations. A crash on a timetabled run, especially when there are over 1,000 journeys would not be an issue crashing when you attempt to play the first scenario is totally unacceptable.

• Like Like x 3
  25. A Big Chungus

There's no point droning on about how angry you are. There are aways of showing frustration without resorting to insults, threats, or aggression towards staff or members. Think, and be honest, if you created something, would you really be happy with feedback that includes insults or threats, or would you rather have critical and insightful feedback.
    If you really wanna stick it to the man, the best thing you can do, in my opinion, is to save your money. Wait for feedback on routes and DLC before you purchase them. There are plenty of games out there that are hyped up and release buggy and unfinished, I've learnt now the best course of action is to wait and see what the critical consensus is first before parting with my money. I think if more players didn't rush to buy games on day one, companies would take their QA a bit more seriously.

• Like Like x 4
  26. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

No threats or aggression by me although a few might think it insulting if you say somebody posted rubbish. Can’t disagree with your opinion about not buying on day 1 unfortunately unlikely to be enough to have the desired effect.

27. nockwurst

nockwurst Well-Known Member

Getting my two cents in before this thread gets locked.

I’m annoyed with the state of the game, but I think there’s a way to be civil and still be annoyed, and let DTG know we’re unhappy.

Having said that, I’ll continue to play the routes I already have because I enjoy the game immensely. Here in Canada we don’t get to see a lot of train diversity, let me tell you. I love driving the European trains in this game.

will I buy another DLC? Not a chance, unfortunately, not till the major bugs and issues are resolved, and the preservation crew catches up on the routes I already have. That’s the best way to show your annoyance, keep your money in your pocket, and politely wait.

That’s it for my two cents. Hope everyone has a great day.

• Like Like x 6
  28. bones.n.hombre

bones.n.hombre Active Member

Lovely well thought out and written response, totally sums up my position, I won’t be buying anything more until there is some serious repair work done on the bugs on existing routes.

I have currently uninstalled the game, and hope that someday it can come back, and I can enjoy again.

29. liamlikesviolin

liamlikesviolin Member

During all the rush hour probs I've had fun rediscovering the older routes like Pennisnular corridor and the awesome Class 465 on SEHS. That is their best work ever I think.

30. steamfan#1309

steamfan#1309 Well-Known Member

Your games are getting updates.

31. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

I've not been able to properly enjoy Peninsula Corridor since the update after the sound broke completely. Definitely been getting in a lot of time on LIRR though, so I'm looking forward to the Harlem line.

• Like Like x 1
  32. mattk#4569

mattk#4569 Active Member

You guys definitely British lmfao why are y’all getting so mad like relax look DTG isn’t the best company out there especially with the out Rages prices for a locomotive add-ons being 25 to 20$ crazy but over the last couple of months they have been making improvements in the right direction and even releasing more quality products and routes over that time like Sherman hill a couple bugs really about it and it’s playable and fun really good to see and I’m thankful they could make Sherman hill now the stuff they lack on is locomotive add on they really dry out routes with only two locomotives when in reality there’s 14 different ones

33. mattk#4569

mattk#4569 Active Member

Yeah they still never fixed the sound bug it’s annoying

• Like Like x 1
  34. mattk#4569

mattk#4569 Active Member

Well if I paid 30$ for something that is dog LOVE I would be mad too but then again I made the choice to buy so if shame on me DTG just needs to do more testing and stop releasing things that LOVE up the game with bugs you get me

• Like Like x 1
  35. mattk#4569

mattk#4569 Active Member

Removed by DTG Natster - watch your language

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2021
  36. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

The best part is how it sounds even more disturbingly explicit after being censored than before :D

• Like Like x 2
  37. A Big Chungus

We all agree with you dude, just there's not a lot of point getting irate about it when there's other things happening in the world right now. The feeling at the moment is that releases and profits are being put ahead of quality control. Do yourself the favour and wait before parting with money. Move onto other games if needed.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
  38. mattk#4569

mattk#4569 Active Member

39. mattk#4569

mattk#4569 Active Member

Well it’s not my first rodeo on TSW I played since the first one came out during 2017 sometime around then I just don’t get why some add one be so expensive I get it they put hard work into it but sheeeesh 20$ for a loco add on like really smh

• Like Like x 1
  40. mattk#4569

mattk#4569 Active Member

And bro it’s a game form page ofc I’m gonna be in here expressing how I feel about the game I put money into smh we all got lives out of this page lmfao

41. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

I'm seeing lots of frustration and anger in this thread. Please remember that we encourage everyone to share with us how you are feeling.

If you are fed up? We want to know. If you are loving the game? We want to know.
    Many people in the community are going to have a difference of opinion, and no opinion is a wrong one.

We know it can be hard if you are feeling frustrated and then another player disagrees with you completely. This doesn't make them stupid it just means they feel differently.

Please be aware of how you are all talking to each other, no need to resort to name calling or aggression.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  42. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

You think DTG is bad have you seen the prices for Flight Sim downloads?

A single plane is anywhere from $30 to $80. The Reno Air Race pack $379.99. Airports even vary from $7 up to $60 for a single one.

The whole sim gaming industry seems really expensive and DTG really aren't that off from the standard. Even Omsi 2 which is super old its 20 bucks for 2 or 3 busses still.

• Like Like x 2
  43. mattk#4569

mattk#4569 Active Member

My god it sounds like a scam lmao I can’t hell even with that game DCS 80$ for an F/A-18

44. Boris The Frog

Boris The Frog Active Member

Absolutely agree with you over the MS flight sim prices - but they do frequently go on sale (Last time I looked Reno was 95% off) and not only was the last update to GOTY completely free of charge, next year's Top Gun expansion is also free so there's still an absolute wealth of things to do without ever needing to pay for DLC's.
    Also, not all sims involve reckless purchases to get the best out of them. Of the games I own (or rather, have played on a regular basis) Farming Sim's 17, 19 and 21 not only come with a reasonably priced season passes but contain free mods (from equipment to new maps) and Euro Truck 2 has a solid base map as well as good value expansions.

Train Sim World not only offers a barebones base game but the DLC's are incredibly expensive for what they are so I'd say that when compared with any of the above games it represents incredibly poor value for money.

• Like Like x 3
  45. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

At least with those games you get more value for your buck. Some of the dlcs in tsw are not a good value for your money. At least on MS Flight sim there are frequent sales as well

46. mattk#4569

mattk#4569 Active Member

DTGS sale is 3 dollars off it’s a LOVE joke

47. ScarletChaosDxD

ScarletChaosDxD New Member

To be honest who wouldn't be angry if one's life consisted of others constantly making fun of that person and when that person leashes out they get them on trouble. But seriously do you know how hard devs work and of course they'll be bugs and they beta testers etc and they'll eventually have to go back and smooth things out. It'll not be as perfect as every single person who wants it to be but what's affecting majority of players.

Problem with this game if anyone noticed resuming a saved game is buggy, from the train being able to move with the doors open and doing a long journey or service etc that going the opposite direction from where you came (forgot what it's called), the train stops and you literally have to go back to the starting cabin and shut it down to get moving in the right direction.

My thing is rolling out all these new DLCs and improving quality and performance etc but to introduce new technology to something they already did is something like starting from scratch like rebuilding a DLC. The game may not be THAT old but it takes work and that work includes smashing those bugs. In reference to Infinite Fight not reworking their windows phone game, it may not be DTG reconstructing their DLCs from scratch but still they have lots and lots to update and fix so many things. Especially with a mass rollout people going to notice things that been overlooked since they're working so hard to release the damn thing people can't really complain, just wait. And yet people complain about the wait and the release which has bugs.

At least trainsimplayer has a point, everyone has different opinions and feelings. There's really no need to get mad at each other, you've paid or not for the same game and have the same results or whatnot. But damn it's expensive to own every single DLC that comes out which reminds me of Cities: Skylines and their ton of add-ons that's pricey to own everything.

48. frabjousvector

frabjousvector Well-Known Member

Sounds like they did take action. From what I gather, the announcement wasn’t supposed to be made yet but it accidentally was.