Ts22 - Bnsf Routes Releasing Worldwide

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, Dec 8, 2021.

?
  1. Marias Pass

157 vote(s)
    56.5%
  2. Stevens Pass

81 vote(s)
    29.1%
  3. Tehachapi Pass

40 vote(s)
    14.4%
  1. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

Last edited: Dec 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 30
  2. paweuek

paweuek Active Member

Wow that's rather unexpected,:o
    Great job the licencing team!

• Like Like x 9
  3. dknowles801

dknowles801 New Member

This is a welcome surprise....voting for Stevens Pass...Please

• Like Like x 7
  4. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

Well, at least the BNSF issues for TS1 have finally come to pass now. Well done.

• Like Like x 3
  5. neksio

neksio New Member

• Like Like x 3
  6. hayward.john48

hayward.john48 Well-Known Member

Terrific news, now the TS20xx world is a level "playing" field. Hopefully Marias Pass AND Stevens Pass can be released eventually, both are icons and both are used by many Workshop routes not usable outside the US (even in Canada!!).

What chance the SW1500 and GP9 packs being made available please, these are not re-releases but current in the US only the embargo needs to be lifted.

Thanks to DTG and BNSF for sorting this out at last.

• Like Like x 5
  7. trainsimplayer2020

trainsimplayer2020 Well-Known Member

Even the scenario pack for The Racetrack: Aurora-Chicago add-on will come which is not available for us in the rest of the world?

I want Marias Pass.

• Like Like x 1
  8. MLP Derick

MLP Derick Well-Known Member

GG licensing team for the hard work they do and shout out to BNSF for allowing there license to be used globally again

9. trainsimplayer2020

X-Mas gift for all us who live in the rest of the world except US!

• Like Like x 3
  10. Rob Jansen

Rob Jansen Well-Known Member

Indeed DTG Natster , what about all other US only DLC.
    There are some scenario packs or the older F7 and some other BNSF packs that aren't available, are those updated?

For the routes that doesn't feature branding, do people automatically get the accompanying DLC with the branding?
    Example:

upload_2021-12-8_15-31-21.png

1560930: Route for ROW
    1515067: Unbranded assets
    1515066: Branded Assets
    1515064: Route for US version

Do owners of the ROW versions (unbranded) automatically get the correct branded DLC parts?

As well, as 151062, that pack is US only because it seems to use US only stock from BNSF, is that also available world wide?

• Like Like x 3
  11. dcr raptor

dcr raptor Member

Hoping we can also get Cajon Pass and the EMD SD75 back as well.

• Like Like x 5
  12. 777Gaming

777Gaming Well-Known Member

A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one. Does this also mean BNSF will be once again allowed in the screenshot contest?

• Like Like x 1
  13. trainsimplayer2020

SW1500 Switcher Loco Add-On will also come?

SD70 V2 Volume 2 Loco Add-On?

• Like Like x 1
  14. kolesnikvictor

kolesnikvictor Active Member

Amazing! Awesome! Thank you to everyone, DTG! I don't have adequate words to express my feelings!

15. C 70015

C 70015 Member

Will the Dash 9 and SD70 V2 packs be brought back?

16. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

Owners of the unbranded versions will automatically get the BNSF branded version. We will have news in the new year around which routes and locomotives but any routes or locos which is currently available for sale in the US, will be made available worldwide. And yes Screenshot contest will be allowed but will update in the new year.

• Like Like x 8
    • Helpful Helpful x 4
  17. orb

orb Well-Known Member

Wow! I didn't expect this! I had gotten Marias Pass some time before it was removed, Tehachapi Pass is in a way existing in the store, though with BNSF unbranded, so my vote goes to Stevens Pass, which I had missed to get while it was still there. I'll need to check if it's still existing on my Steam wishlist.

18. pierre.lheureux

pierre.lheureux New Member

Fantastic news, the dream is coming true !

• Like Like x 1
  19. FlyingScotsman4072

FlyingScotsman4072 New Member

That is great news indeed! i'm guessing it won't be free for like a week like the Amtrak 50th Anniversary Pack. Would be cool though. I waited years for this moment :D

20. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Wow was completely unexpected, this is great news.

21. dudleybrooke

dudleybrooke Member

So I guess we have another BNSF route in the pipeline, I can't see the licensing team doing this unless we had a route on the way, and they tagged this request on the end. I can't say this is a bad thing as their routes are some of the best freight routes.

• Like Like x 2
  22. BRD

BRD Well-Known Member

I am very pleased to hear this! Looking forward to get more BNSF DLCs. :)

• Like Like x 2
  23. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

As of right now:

upload_2021-12-8_10-52-4.png

As a note, I am going to suggest globalizing Marias and Stevens at the same time. There are multiple Workshop routes that use them as requirements. Some require BOTH. So the sooner they both get made available, the better. I can see why it's going the way it is, though. Marias is used more for Workshop scenarios by references to the BNSF trains in the pack. Sherman Hill content by users use them a lot, too. So yeah, not a shocker.

The big thing is getting the older trains out there, too. A value pack with all of them would be a great idea, where DTG owns and produced them. Others like the ATSF SD45 should come ASAP for the sake of third-party producers, too, but obviously the route using the scenarios has to be first.

• Like Like x 6
  24. trainman#3206

trainman#3206 New Member

Great news. Thanks for the effort.

25. antoniobre189

antoniobre189 New Member

26. raptorengineer

raptorengineer Active Member

wow that good news. i got to ask in 2022 when your slowly released bnsf content will they be updated with tsx features: raindrops on windows & headlights effects?

27. antoniobre189

antoniobre189 New Member

Now all you need is Cajon Pass or at least an improved version of that iconic route!

• Like Like x 2
  28. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

I'd want all three routes, as well as all the ATSF and BNSF diesels. This is fantastic. Perhaps if BNSF routes are going to be sold worldwide now, we could finally see some new BNSF, BN, ATSF, GN, and other fallen flag railroads that merged to create BNSF. We could also get BNSF Seligman Sub in TS2022. I would buy that. Also, we could get BNSF or ATSF content in TSW2 (as well as the other BNSF predecessor railroads). I'd suggest Seligman Sub, Cajon Pass, Tehachapi Pass, Stevens Pass, Marias Pass, and maybe Powder River with both UP and BNSF. I'd also like to see a GN Empire Builder on a 1950s GN route, a BN route, and an ATSF 1950s route with the Super Chief.

• Like Like x 1
  29. Sim Related

Sim Related Active Member

Great news and just in time for Christmas! I'd love to see them all bundled together as we have waited ages and ages for these routes.

30. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Chose Marias Pass it shows the challenge of operating in Rocky Mountains during the age of steam it would have been possibly electrified to 3kv DC or 11kv 16.7hz-25hz because you don't want a steam engine being the cause of fire.

31. Cyclone

It exists in the Workshop and requires Stevens Pass. It might also require Cajon itself, obviously. And if you can find an old 2012 key (or earlier), you can get Cajon. That said, Just Trains has a direct bundle of Cajon with the RSDL 08, but given it's listed for Rail Simulator, it may or may not work. I suspect, because it's still sold, it probably still works.
    Anything with BNSF assets restricted to America will eventually get updated as well. Look for Arizona Divide, Raton Pass, Kansas City, Montana, and others to get assets updated. I'm told the US and non-US assets use the same file path, with the only difference being missing textures, so it will simply be a matter of removing the unbranded set and adding the branded one. Which will involve making the branded package available to everyone and somehow getting ownership of it to unbranded owners. Or maybe they'll just put the branded stuff in the "unbranded" copy. We'll have to see. I can tell you from a SteamDB Depot search that the route contents and route assets themselves, aside from the BNSF items, are identical.

32. trev123

trev123 Active Member

I voted for the Tehachapi Pass route as I have the other two which I got before the embargo although I do have branding patches for BNSF routes that came out after the embargo that I purchased and the Tehachapi Pass was one of them.

33. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Well, this is great news. It will finally allow me to get branded routes I don't have from the US that I want to play.

34. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

These are great news, thank you DTG!!

35. RailfanReaper

RailfanReaper Member

They're releasing all 3 of them, this is just deciding which one is coming first.

36. RailfanReaper

RailfanReaper Member

Honestly I really hope they eventually do Stevens Pass rendered in TSW 2. I live near Everett and you have no idea how much I would LOVE to see the Boeing Local shoving up that 5.7% grade in TSW, or one of those combo Q-ALTPTL trains with fuselages and Boeing skyboxes, intermodals, autoracks, and a manifest on the back. So excited to see that it's a possibility now!

• Like Like x 1
  37. RailfanReaper

RailfanReaper Member

It's always been allowed afaik, I got 3rd place in a screenshot contest with a Stevens Pass screenshot a few months ago.

38. steve.cunningham1980

steve.cunningham1980 Member

Isn't Tehachapi already available worldwide?

39. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

As someone that owns all three I voted Steven's Pass, because it's best route of the three hands down, the scenery's incredible. Marias Pass does have its advantages, mainly that there's more addons and scenarios for it. But it's a dated route, driving up Marias itself in particular just doesn't hold up compared to something like Canadian Mountain Passes. Steven's Pass though does hold up, and it has so much interesting scenery, like animated waterfalls, opening gates, and drawbridges, which are still rare even on newer routes. I know Marias is the one everyone's excited for, but please if you do get the chance try out Steven's Pass, it's a wonderful route.

Oh, I guess I should say something on Tehachapi as well, the BNSF stock included with the route doesn't work properly, and as a result isn't used heavily. Only two included scenarios make use of it, and scenarios other people have made for it tend to avoid use of the included ES44DC due to the brake issues it has. Without the confirmation of a update for it there's little benefit to having it branded.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  40. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

I voted for Stevens because it seems to be te most stunning of the three, is the one I want the most. Honestly I don't get why Tehachapi was included in the votation as it is available worldwide though unbranded.
    Marias Pass is interesting to me because of the stock and the merge with Hi-Line

• Like Like x 3
  41. triznya.andras

triznya.andras Well-Known Member

Congratulations Cyclone, you win!
    And everyone else rooting for it. Also thanks for the negotiation.

I feel like Marias & Stevens are critical, I personally have Marias so obviously voted Stevens. These add-ons were widely used, not only for equipment but also the environment. Newer routes are at least playable.

While you didn't share info on what next I'd mostly prefer to put my hands on those super old engine DLCs relatively soon. I have skipped most of the workshop but I have a few that would be nice to play in-sequence (in 3-5 months).

On a technical note, might want to reattach Pacific Surfliner as a DLC :) if not already. It was a gray area but this legalizes it.

• Like Like x 3
  42. Cyclone

It's not a case of winning. It's a case of fighting for this to be available for everyone. Came from my looking over a Workshop collection for a longtime user dating back to content made in 2012/2013 when the Workshop started up (that was, I think, September 2012 with the TS2013 edition), and I noted a lot of BNSF stock needed on this user's collection. After observing that other routes created in the Workshop require Marias and Stevens (and highly regarded as some of the best, some created after the restriction came along), and noting that content STILL gets produced consistently requiring the stock from Marias, it was a no-brainer to carry on this fight. I'm glad it has had the intended result.

• Like Like x 3
  43. 0235

0235 New Member

DTG, I am pleased (and surprised) by this announcement. Can't wait to get a hold of the Empire builder and GP9 pack

44. bmxwaffle

bmxwaffle New Member

Awesome announcement! Its Marias Pass for me, not only is it the longer line you can also operate the Amtrak Empire Builder on it as well as all the freight options.

• Like Like x 1
  45. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

You sure that wasn't the unofficial contests, which have no restrictions?

But the Seattle half of the Empire Builder runs on Stevens Pass as well.....

46. sroberts001

sroberts001 New Member

How about the F45BN will that be re-released to the masses or included in one of the other packs?

47. Mortu5

Mortu5 Well-Known Member

This is way overdue, but really appreciated! So glad to see this announcement this morning. Great News!

• Like Like x 2
  48. pjduplooy.gis

pjduplooy.gis Member

Does anyone know if Scenario Packs like the Pacific Surfliner Scenario Pack released recently will also be made available?

Secondly I do not know the history of the Clear Creek DLC, but who is the license holder for that?

49. RailfanReaper

RailfanReaper Member

You're referring to the BN F45 in the BNSF locomotive pack right? I'm not sure what the situation is since I live in the US, but I'm sure they'll release it/add the branding once they get the major routes released.

50. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

Clear Creek was operated by Colorado & Southern, which in turn operated under by CB&Q later on, then merged into BN and then merged to BNSF. Basically, BNSF holds the license for Clear Creek also.

• Like Like x 1