Train Sim World 2: Roadmap Update - 14/12/2021

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Dec 14, 2021.

1. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

[​IMG]
    Read the article here.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 28
    • Helpful Helpful x 5
  2. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Let the speculation begin on this "expansion pack".

Could be cool depending on details and price.

Edit: Scenario and Livery sharing? Please tell me this is coming to console as well!

• Like Like x 11
  3. thomastl59374

thomastl59374 Well-Known Member

Livery and scneario sharing !!

• Like Like x 3
  4. haninl0610

haninl0610 Active Member

I am looking forward to the new expansion add-on!

• Like Like x 3
  5. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

Well, this should be interesting for next year. Though, can't wait to see what the expansion packs are for the base routes.

• Like Like x 2
  6. GothicMatt

GothicMatt Active Member

Im looking forward the new expansion update myself especially being able to share liveries and scenarios

7. lukereynolds1

lukereynolds1 Well-Known Member

If it's not on the roadmap then it's not happening....Can we therefore assume that a resolution to the Xbox sound issue is not in planning, or, because of it's complexities, it's best to keep it off the roadmap as you don't know what, how or when you are resolving it?

How much longer will we have to suffer this. Yes, suffer is the correct word for the diabolical, unacceptable mess sound is for Xbox users .

• Like Like x 6
  8. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I almost committed the sin of not reading the few paragraphs before the list.

At least we know how the RP185 will release, I really hope a BR423 will come for the Köln S-Bahn as well, fingers crossed. Livery/Designer scenery is awesome as well can't wait.

I would also imagine the changes to SPG will be adding the SMH physics, and maybe finally the updated timetable and RH pax to BKL?

9. Dinger75

Dinger75 Well-Known Member

The upcoming section is now a complete joke with how much that is there just waiting to be tested

Its like it has its own red light deadlock that says do not pass, as no money will exchange hands

• Like Like x 10
  10. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Can you report any progress on these topics:

Manuals, it's in production for a long time and nothing said about this topic
    Livery designer 2.0 same thing
    Scenario planner 2.0 same question

Can you say anything about bug fixing progress. Will any of the G6 bugs be fixed in the RRO preserved collection fixes?

We also have issues with Clinchfield and Sherman hill that makes some services unplayable. Whee
    will these be fixed? I still think the rate for fixing the most important issues is still far to low. We are still waiting for a fix of the tunnel issues for SEH, to give an example. Same for the BR363 journey mode issues. It is a long list and I am not happy with the lack of progress.

• Like Like x 6
  11. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Great to see that a lot of the work all the different teams have been doing over the last few months is now seemingly complete and has moved to Upcoming! Looks like many patches, updates and a route will be arriving in January.
    Expansion pack looks interesting, a ton of potential there with different liveries, additional services and of course the new sharing feature.

12. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 4
  13. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 19
  14. Woroszyl The NS 2000

Woroszyl The NS 2000 Well-Known Member

Prepare to enter Grand Central Terminal in Harlem Line route, there can be a 100% chance to get game crash.

• Like Like x 1
  15. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

The upcoming section is now a complete joke with how much that is there just waiting to be tested
    wait very longtime

• Like Like x 6
  16. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

Im guessing like Arosa maybes more boxcars type things and liveries (not sure what on bakerloo the most) for sand patch and SKA and then scenarios and services

17. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Well if you can't share liveries that have company logos like in ts it makes this new feature restrictive. Also if sharing comes as part of the expansion pack and we had to pay for it just to have the ability to share scenarios, that would be a bad move. You shouldn't have to buy something in order to have the option to share content. No other game that has sharing options that I've played does that. Frankly that would just be stupid

Also why is the livery sharing option so restrictive to begin with considering that in ts, it was basically the wild west in what you can share. I can understand licensing but surely there is some flexibility that could be done to make it less restrictive

• Like Like x 13
  18. schorni

schorni Well-Known Member

do I understand correctly that you have to chew this pack for the function to share scenarios and paintings, meaning these functions cost extra money?

• Like Like x 7
  19. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

I would have liked the livery designer sharing but;

A - Not licences
    B- looks like it requires payed content to use

• Like Like x 10
  20. HaibaraHariko

HaibaraHariko Active Member

Looks like we are going to get:
    1. Destination boards on RT BR 1442
    2. PIS on West Somerset Railway

Really appreciate the addition of new features to old trains and routes. Maybe we can expect the same for GWE Class 166, RSN BR 143 and LIRR M7?

• Like Like x 3
  21. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

As an Xbox user myself I disagree with "suffer". That said, the poor quality sound never effects my game all that much, usually sounds decent for me.

Fixes don't *usually* go on the roadmap. Keep that in mind. I believe they've said before it's in the works, anyway. Just, be realistic, suffering isn't the right word. They aren't torturing you.

• Like Like x 3
  22. tallboy7648

It seems that way. Ridiculous if you ask me. Are dtg that greedy for money? They could just put the sharing functionality in the core of the game instead of behind a paywall.

The question that should be asked though is why considering that pretty much no game that has the ability for players to share content doesn't require users to buy something in order to access that feature.

• Like Like x 6
  23. Trenomarcus

Trenomarcus Well-Known Member

Selling content sharing tools as an expansion? Are you ok DTG? This is possibly the craziest thing from you since your beginning.

RIP.

• Like Like x 30
  24. tallboy7648

Considering that DTG didn't even do that in Train Simulator makes it more baffling. Players have asked for the ability to share content ever since they introduced scenario/livery designer in tsw2 and this is what they decide to do. Unbelievable

• Like Like x 6
  25. Svetex

Svetex New Member

I'm still looking for Steam... Since the upgrade from TSW to TSW2 it was mentioned to be implemented. But until now there is nothing.

• Like Like x 3
  26. Subway

Subway New Member

Metro North Should be North White Plains not White Plains. 2 different stations

• Like Like x 1
  27. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

DTG VERY LIKE MONEY

• Like Like x 8
  28. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

I still wonder if that's the RP 185's purpose. The BR 185 is only a layer for SKA (and thus not a part of the base content the article talks about), and the roadmap section only talks about 'liveries, services, and scenarios', thus not new locos. I doubt we'll see reskinned (and slightly modified) versions of the BR 185 and/or BR 423 as part of this pack, although I'd love to see it.

I think something like an "Europa" liveried ICE 3M is way more likely (and this would also look lovely). As a mainly timetable mode player, I'm also interested in the thought of new services, increasing the frequency and variety of services on SKA hopefully (it's already quite an interesting timetable, but could do with a little more 'umph' I feel like).

The entire concept of the expansion pack still sounds a bit vague, and I'd love to see more concrete info on it (such as the contents and price) before getting my hopes up or the hype train going.

Bonus picture of the Europa ICE 3M:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  29. raptorengineer

raptorengineer Active Member

i think the gameplay add-on is gonna be free. and what it is anyone guess it might be quad or mini truck to drive around in those big big railyards. tools well i think they would post it as tools.

30. Huntlosen

Huntlosen Active Member

To me, this sounds more like a "summer update". If you spend money, you get additional accounts, the rest only the free update, which gives you the opportunity to share scenarios and paintworks.
    Why do you think you have to spend money to be able to share paintwork and scenarios

• Like Like x 1
  31. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

It's strange how narrow-minded the TSW licences are, in any other livery sharing game I played there were no restrictions like that but well. Makes it even harder to sell this one...

And what do we have else? Same old, same old. No new trains as always and to be honest the work of the preservation crew would have been better put into new releases as their work is obviously not going to be released anyway and just fulfills the purpose of being the bottom of the testing list. So just put the teams workforce in even more DLC to make some more money... it's a dead end as it is now.

This roadmap is a perfect summary of this TSW year.

• Like Like x 8
  32. Br425

Br425 Well-Known Member

RT train destination displays... After all these years :o

• Like Like x 1
  33. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Hmmmm, interesting. An add-on pack that includes access to a tool that really should already be there and free to use. It seems hard to believe. It must be a mistake in the wording of the article. Yeah, must be.

EDIT to add - no PS5 DLC limit progress recorded in the roadmap. Similarly, no progress in DTG or 3rd party devs getting any money from my good self until it’s fixed. I know I said that players would need to be patient waiting for the fix but it pretty much guarantees at least another month before we will get it. It has already been several months and patience is a limited resource for some people.

• Like Like x 14
  34. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I'm guessing the expansion pack will have all the (already existent) layers in it, and some slightly modified locomotives as well, maybe a Koln S-Bahn BR423 could be a bit too much if they decided to remodel the interiors, I personally wouldn't mind a reskin as long as the motors and traction electronics are the same as the Munich variant. But it could just be the BR422, BR146 (and DoStos) and the RP BR185. I'd love the Europa ICE3M. I thought about modifying the BRD Talent to have 5 cars, but I think that would be too much work.

• Like Like x 1
  35. lukereynolds1

lukereynolds1 Well-Known Member

I disagree with you. For me, my gameplay, simulation and enjoyment all suffer because sound is a huge part of all of these for me. Of course, people can be pedantic about word choice. As you are fully aware of course, "suffer" is both verb and noun. In this instance, I use it in the context of "being subjected to something unpleasant". Yes, driving trains that spontaneously break out into distorted, repetitive, clicking sounds is unpleasant... especially when the game prides itself on realism and authenticity.

• Like Like x 10
  36. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Meh, nothing exciting heading into the holidays. See yall next year.

• Like Like x 10
  37. breblimator

breblimator Guest

The "expansion pack" looks interesting. BR o7

• Like Like x 2
  38. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

The intro to the Road Map noted "We are pleased to share that we are working towards an update for the red signal deadlocks which have been appearing more frequently for players across all routes recently." Is this a back handed way of saying that DTG is finally going to address the save bug since this is what causes these red-light conflict issues.

• Like Like x 12
  39. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

It's worth noting that the Expansion Pack is in the same category as the RhB Anniversary Collection. Also it's basically doing the same thing as that pack, adding new liveries, scenarios, and services, but across all of the base game routes. Considering the RhB pack is paid, and that this is covering more routes it's not unreasonable to think it will be paid.

• Like Like x 1
  40. tallboy7648

I hope it is a mistake

• Like Like x 3
  41. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Umm, no? Infinite red signal issues happen a lot even without saving.

I have to say, the expansion pack for the three original routes sound really interesting, whether it's new rolling stock or timetable updates or anything, I'm looking forward to it. It's not entirely clear whether this will be a free update or a paid add-on though.
    Anyway I'm fine with paying for it for more content, though if that's the case, then hiding livery and scenario sharing behind a paywell is a pretty bad move. Though if livery sharing is going to be that limtied as the other article says, then it's going to be pretty useless. What are we expected to share then? Joke liveries or trains with anime girls on them? Ruin the routes with tons of fictional rail company liveries? At best case scenario we can copy real life liveries without the brand logos, I wonder if they will allow that...

★ [Improvement] Long Island Railroad Grade Crossing Upgrade

As a LIRR fan, it was interesting to see. Currently LIRR has no preservation update going on, yet they touched it? And I wonder what this is, as LIRR already has moving crossing gates from the last time it got updated, I believe. So what is getting upgraded? Sound fix or adjusting the time the gates come down?

• Like Like x 2
  42. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

I don't think that DTG is thinking of making us pay to enjoy content developed by other TSW users.

Selling us authentic liveries, scenarios, timetable extensions, is understandable. But profiting from the community sharing their work is not logical and deserves an explanation.

• Like Like x 5
  43. met_cui98

met_cui98 Member

From Matt's comments in a recent stream, I'm thinking this in reference to recent changes to attempt to prevent AI services from running red lights. The unintended consequence was causing more deadlocks.

• Like Like x 1
  44. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

DTG Natster Could you please either stop using the short codes with the routes, or get them correctly. I think there is barely a correct code in the recent weeks and months, so you could very well just remove them.
    Just a reminder:
    And then, from the Roadmap we get stuff like this:
    As far as I know, Arosa Line is in Switzerland, not Germany, so it should be C and not D for the first letter.
    DBB means there will be two AC electric trains. Last time I checked, the 612 was a diesel-hydraulic, should have a G in that case, so something like DBG-R7 01 should be the correct code.

The list with these obvious errors goes on and on, fix it or don't use them!

• Like Like x 16
  45. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

Could you answer this at the beginning of the stream as I'm not interested in anything else thank you, "When will the GWE get the RD update and when will the GWE route get its updates" Thank you.

I don't know if I'm reading this right but DTG is planning to charge for people sharing their own liveries and they can't even share real world liveries? If this is right wow, this is more scummy than what Bethesda did and that was something.

Will DTG be paying the creators of liveries for their work or is this just a money grab? There doesn't need to be any restriction on the liveries apart from offensive or political stuff. No doubt you will hide behind the licensing excuse yet again but can you name the companies that objected to this so we can find out for ourselves. Or it might be worth someone finding out if these companies would object to the public sharing liveries no?

• Like Like x 3
  46. kolesnikvictor

kolesnikvictor Active Member

Fixing of incorrect preset of PZB-mode for 1442 Talent is still absent in roadmap but we can see some new pay addon. Very nice! Actually, no. Why we should wait for ages these fixes?

• Like Like x 1
  47. BRD

BRD Well-Known Member

Just my thoughts on the livery sharing "club" idea.

I do not understand why does not DTG focus on actually working mod support and support the people who are interested into modding, since they've already managed a way to share liveries FOR FREE. Instead, you're making a PAYWARE DLC that has a very strict set of rules that most people are not interested in ( considering most people make realistic liveries and not all fictional ). This is a terrible move IMO.

I believe the game has many more things that need further work to improve the gameplay with the existing content ( especially bugs that require playing the game to get a repro case ).

• Like Like x 4
  48. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Quick last minute question for the stream:

For Creators Club - what if the livery is real, but totally debranded.

For example, the SPT Carmine and Cream Livery on the 314 - it's Debranded, no logos at all - so long as it's set after the first era. (image of my recreation attached below for reference), and is just the cream and the carmine blocks, practically. Would I be able to share that, or would that be blocked?
    My recreation, no logos around to break licenses: 329af65f-9d7f-4398-ac0c-38f90713fc3b (1).jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  49. Yoinkermcskoinker

Yoinkermcskoinker Well-Known Member

"No branded liveries"

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  50. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Very interesting. I wonder how they are going to implement that? Chalkboards?
    "Creators Club." Again, console users get the short end. Over on PC we can and have been sharing liveries from the start- and genuine real-world liveries as well (which are the only ones that interest me). I can't believe DTG's TOC licenses are so restrictive as to ban the use of their IP even in such tightly-controlled circumstances; the controls are looser on Forza and everyone and his brother shares real-world car logos and racing team liveries there.

• Like Like x 12