I Am Very Bothered By The Ge 44 2 And The Wagon Sound System, Arosa Line

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Gabe_1.0, Dec 19, 2021.

1. Gabe_1.0

Gabe_1.0 Well-Known Member

I am hoping this constructive feedback can reach the developers as It is beginning to bother me alot. So I obviously haven't been on this location in the world but something dose not sit right with me. So let me explain.

The locomotive: The only issues with it sound wise is that it travels on the rail virtually quiet so when the wheels move on the rail, the only time it makes noise is when it changes from one section to another. The IRL youtube clips can confirm this makes somewhat sense. Can i get more elaboration on this? anyone been there or is this locomotive meant to be a bit more noisy, like breaks? You can hardly hear the squealing.

The wagons: This is the major bother because these things rattle to the highest degree and they have not even moved much for example and the rattling just gives me a headache because you have the locomotive very quiet whilst the wagons sound drown the whole train.

I think these are issues and need to be addressed as there is an in-balance. Opinions?

• Like Like x 11
  2. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

The sound of the coaches really is just wrong. It sounds like an american freight car from the 50s. I haven't tried arosa after the update, but I guess this didn't change very much.

• Like Like x 2
  3. JBViper

JBViper Well-Known Member

They have made some minor changes to the sounds of the GE 4/4 II engine, whistle and the windscreen wipers, it's better by ear.

I thought the same for the Ge 4/4 II (the only one without a wagon), from the outside we don't hear any rolling/squealing noise.

The car sounds still sound like freight but I find them more subdued in the cab. I don't know if it's because I haven't played for several months on Arosa Linie ?! Perhaps the engine sound has been increased ?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Gabe_1.0

Gabe_1.0 Well-Known Member

The minor changes to the sounds on the GE 4/4 II engine, are good. They fixed a few minor things which were certainly more frustrations. matinakbary, I can say not too much has changed after the update. I still get jerky movement, that needs more work. Also the expansion pack for this DLC has glitching window frame. There may be more bugs after this. I have not seen them so far. That's the words I was looking for, 50's American freight cars. That's just plain wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  5. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

The Sounds clearly are Rivets weak point in terms of immersion. For some reason they get sounds like "buttons", "doors" etc. the right way, and on the other side many sounds relating to driving the train --> traction, braking, locomotive back noise & Mixing etc. they manage to kill the entire immersion.

Here an example:
    For those have the cl.31 or cl.33 addon, when driving them, the background noise gives you the impression of actually driving those heavy locomotives. Even in idle you can hear the movement.

On the Ge4/4 i started a single engine run, turned off all wipers, loco vents etc and the noise was actually there, just veeery silent. Same as in the 1938 tube stock --> welcome "glider effect".

Actually the sound it self would be nice, its just way to silent. Without wagons in a single run downhill you can hear the obvious way that there is something missing.

Maybe this could be solved with a mod, since its a volume problem only. Same as in the Tube stock, the background sounds in idle are there, just they have to be louder. This small change would give a huge impact.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  6. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

I genuinely think the 38 stock has the worst sounds of any dlc in tsw

7. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

That's not suprising

8. Tanglebones

Tanglebones Well-Known Member

I love everything to do with the tube, always have. I bought the 38 stock the day it came out but haven't even been able to get one run complete, the sounds are just that dreadful. What a waste, to put all that time and effort into everything but sound, and we're forced to listen to long periods of silence on a decades-old train. I keep hoping someone will put out a mod for it but that seems unlikely, so I just always go back to the 72 stock. ItsYa165's excellent sound mod for it is just perfect to my ears, I even get the sensation of wind in the tunnel.

I've tried to keep an open mind on Rivet and not get into the bashing that regularly goes on here, but they really do have a habit of consistently shooting themselves in the foot. Getting back on topic, I have noticed a slight improvement on Arosalinie but not enough to keep my interest, sadly, and I put it away after one run.

• Like Like x 1
  9. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

I actually enjoy the route and its services. Its because i like also the quiet runs & areas. On top with the pack i can finally drive freight services in the timetable.

Visually rivet is on top with their skills, thats out of question. And they add nice little extras to their routes. (The lake near the arosa station, where you can walk around, or the hidden path in iow).

Just wish / hope for them they can master the technical challenges and involve the right people to get accuracy feedback before the customer has to face reality.
    Visual beauty wasnt the reason i came to tsw, its the details. Holy moly, most of dtgs uk & us diesels have animated brake calipers, how cool is that! Even some freight wagons.

So about details:
    When not even the guard panels of the newest train are working while on 2 older emus its animated, and the physics are set up wrong, i understand when people refund this product as "half hearted creation".

Well i posted my feedback about west cornwall on rivets forum. Basicly i like the route with the cl.37 and 2 new wagons, its fun to use them.

And the 150 will be a nice AI train until they update this dmu. Not interested in driving it in its current state.

10. sergio volodstok

sergio volodstok Active Member

Since the update, Arosa Line is somewhat better. The Ge 4-4 ii still lurches forward, but not as bad as it did after the Rush hour update. I think the sounds on the 4-4 have improved slightly, the horn is better and the loco now has rail joint sounds.

I hear no difference in the wagon sounds, though. The coaches still sound like shopping carts and the baggage car has no sounds at all, still.

11. vyncwr

vyncwr Member

I wish someone could make a sound mod for it, I like that line and the update. Sadly the Xmas special runs nearly always empty, cause they late in the night.. It would be better with passangers, but I like the christmas lighting in the night when it snows. :D

12. montes_1234

montes_1234 Well-Known Member

Sound in any simulation is of essential importance. After you here one of AP sounds than your bar rises higher and you are expecting more. That is one of the most important reasons why at the moment Train simulator is more immersive game. Sound of main game rolling stock not so much but with the third party add-ons it becomes irreplaceable at the moment.

• Like Like x 2
  13. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

And there I would have to agree. Good sounds are good, but I can't get past TSC's cartoonish PS2-level graphics. Total immersion killer. To each his own.