Xbox Winter Sale??

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by jjabrs, Dec 25, 2021.

1. jjabrs

jjabrs New Member

Merry Christmas to all!

I don't understand that thing is now on. There is the winter sale for TSW2 addons in Steam and PS Store but Xbox players got nothing. Is that means that xbox gamers behave very very bad this year?

2. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

It's becuase xbox decide the sales and offer devs sales so if they don't offer them dtg can't put it on sale

• Like Like x 1
  3. jjabrs

jjabrs New Member

ok but we don't know exactly what happened. I see the TSW2 game itself got a discount but addons...

4. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Yep. Naughty list. Soz.

5. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  6. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

It's got a discount as its on gamepass

7. blueghost

blueghost Member

What do you expect iff Microsoft tight fisted @#$#%^&&% they give you nothing but typical greed want want want

8. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

Uh, like 99% of things NOT called TSW2 are 40-80% off.

• Like Like x 4
  9. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

We jump into as many sales as we can (obviously we don't want one platform to feel like they're getting a raw deal!) - these are the sales that we're able to get into and offers we can provide with Microsoft, Sony, and Steam.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Princess Entrapta

I will say there's a clear special rule on these stores for the big name publishers, where they pull the old supermarket trick, the EAs, Ubisofts, Bandai Namcos, Capcoms etc. where they release a game for "£70" but then it's nominally "35% off" for 9 months of the year

11. marceldiehr02

marceldiehr02 Active Member

DTG JD But that's the pale one for us Xbox users. Especially very painful when you see that PS4 and Steam among others now has the TSW2 for 5.99 € in the sale!

• Like Like x 3
  12. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

13. jasonpfc

• Like Like x 1
  14. Princess Entrapta

Part of me wishes Dovetail would make a visual novel dating sim or a twin stick shooter out of cheap Unity assets, and see if they can hit on the magic secret sauce that gets them constant sale spots year round.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Alex_m30x#7297

Alex_m30x#7297 Well-Known Member

Don't look at the Epic store unless you want suffering, DLC's are like 90% off. East Coastway for under £3 ($4) I think!

• Like Like x 1
  16. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

I'm so over dtg we can't do anything it's a 100% Microsoft fault you don't get many if any sales,With all the hundreds of different dlc's i have seen on sale lately how tsw2 dlc get's excluded is still beyond me...If we can't even rate some kind of xbox dlc sale at Christmas there clearly 2 separate scrooges at work.

17. dva94steam

dva94steam New Member

In my opinion, what seems to missing is how the large difference in the number of sales as well as the discounts offered will be solved going forward? As an Xbox user it is frustrating to see that users of TSW on other platforms only pay a fraction during these sales. Who is to blame for anything is less relevant to me than it is to know how something is going to be solved.

18. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

It will never be solved unless Microsoft changes their policy.

Basically developers have to wait to be "invited" to put out a sale. The way those invitations work is the products that are selling top numbers get the most invitations. So of course the likes of EA and Rockstar will get more sales as they have way mote players than DTG has.

So the only way for more sales is that more people have to start playing the game so MS takes notice of DTG.

But DTG are small and fishing and trains are niche games so I don't think they will ever get to have the amount of sales that the other platforms have as MS's sale system is just garbage. And it has been since the 360 so don't expect it to change at all.

That is basically what the MS customer service replied to me when I emailed them about it. Basically if you want sales buy a more popular game or from a better known developer. Although they phrased it nicer on the email that is the just of it.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2022
  19. SHINO BAZ

I'm pretty sure not ever game or dlc i've ever seen on sale in the MS store has come from triple A developers alone.

20. Princess Entrapta

Tiny developers putting out absolute lowest common denominator Gilson B Pontes level GARBAGE get nigh-constant sales.

Therefore, logically, the solution is for DTG to put out a minimal possible effort bunch of £3 or less DLCs. Loco skins, fancier route maps for the routes, whatever. Everyone playing TSW2 picks up those DLCs for next to nothing, that registers as high sales volumes.

Pretty sure that must be the trick so many trash peddlers use to game the system. Churn out a high volume of exceptionally cheap stuff.

21. SHINO BAZ

Hmmm? Considering dtg questionable sub par testing techniques which would qualify in the minimum effort category,we should be awash in xbox sales that would put steam/pc to shame every time.

22. bakedpotatos.jm

Who said never, just they don't get invited as much. Every game goes on sale one time or another. But I guarantee Fifa 22 goes on sale more than they do.

Pick a garbage game that is on sale now. Then I want you to monitor the sales all year long they have. I bet you any money it will be maybe 2 more times in a year.

But hey all I said is what Xbox Customer Service told me so it's right from the horses mouth. Email them if you like they will tell you all the same. They work off a tier system.

But why believe someone like me who has worked for EA Sports for over 15 years as a developer.

What experience do I have working with MS, Sony, and Nintendo policies all these years?

23. bakedpotatos.jm

Microsoft bases it off of Xbox sales only. They don't care or get to know the sales figures out Steam, Epic or Sony.

And everyone runs their sales differently as well. So no that still wouldn't work.

And from the years I have worked with the consoles Microsoft has always been the most restrictive until you get into their Platinum club level as a developer. But once you are in you can't be removed.

I would think if say TS1 was on console they would probably hit that tier.

I can't remember the exact numbers but I believe its 1 million units. Which the game I work on, the NHL series, we do way over that before our first sale hits come Black Friday. We tend to look at sales in marketing as trying to scoop up the last holdouts of the game never is it because our sales figures are low.

24. Princess Entrapta

Yes, but DTG charge £10-25 per dlc for those. The cheap shovelware devs who are constantly in every XBox sale push stuff out at like £5 per game. Which can drop as far as £1 in sales. Lots more people willing to buy them, higher sales figures.

There's also probably a feedback effect too, since the ones that get featured more, by regularly showing up in Deals With Gold, Indie sales, etc. get more exposure, and so sell more units, leading to more invites.

Of course there's also the factor of cost vs gamerscore and ease of acquiring it, which also drives a lot of sales. And to which I can very much relate as someone who uses TSW2 achievements as a reliable way to acquire 50 MS Reward points each day.

• Like Like x 1
  25. fl991r

fl991r Member

This explanation makes sense to me, but my follow up question is this:

If Microsoft determines how many sales you get based on how well you do over the year, do they also determine how much of a sale you can offer when you get a slot?

I wouldn't mind even just one or two sales a year if we got the same discounts as the people on Steam, Epic, and Playstation. But somehow in all the sales I've seen so far (and granted, there haven't been many), the discounts themselves are significantly smaller than the ones on those other platforms. Do we know if that's because Microsoft is directing them to offer lesser discounts even within the sale slot, or is that a DTG decision?

26. bakedpotatos.jm

That I'm not sure of but with the their track record I would not doubt if the amount of discount also has rules as well.

As a community the best thing everyone can do is harass Microsoft. This year I plan on emailing them every week that there is no sale to customer service. The more people who do the same will have more effect than us just posting on DTG's forums. DTG has said so many times the same answer that they are at the mercy of the Xbox powers that be.

So with the old saying the squeaky wheel gets the oil, let's see if we can make a change.

27. jackmcc321

jackmcc321 New Member

Hi all,

First time post. I've recently rediscovered Train Sim games and been enjoying TSW2 via Gamepass. I've been holding out for an xbox DLC sale the last couple of months but obviously none have been forthcoming disappointingly. I'm really keen to get the London Commuter DLC on sale but i'm thinking of just biting the bullet as it looks like a sale isn't going to happen with the winter sales passing Xbox by. Am i right to assume that it's very unlikely a sale will be coming up? or is it worth waiting a bit longer?

28. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

If no sales are ever to appear on XB, DTG could perhaps rethink the regular price of older DLC. For example a sliding scale down to -50% depending on age.

• Like Like x 1
  29. jasonpfc

I'll be honest with you, your got more chance of a chocolate fireguard being usefull then tsw getting an xbox sale.

30. SHINO BAZ

Welcome to the world of Tsw2 and like the rest of the xbox users the unwelcome surprise of finding out the biggest downside few if any sales when compared to PC/Steam heck even PS4/5 get more sales opportunity then us here.But if dtg would take MS to task instead of there constantly claiming they have no power to do anything involving sales maybe there be hope.

31. fl991r

fl991r Member

I think we had one significant sale in 2021 and it was in the late summer. So while none of us can predict exactly what will happen, it looks like if you want to play London Commuter now you’ll have to pay regular price. The Rush Hour Deluxe version of the game has a slight discount on Gamepass, if you are at all interested in the other two routes. Even if you are only interested in one other route it’s still a much better deal than just buying a single route.

32. 43050

43050 Well-Known Member

I can’t remember thatt “significant sale” including anything pre TSW2 though.

The latest Steam sale pretty much included everything, some stuff up to 85% off!

• Like Like x 1