Train Sim World: Your Top Tips

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-James, Jul 24, 2018.

1. TrainSim-James

TrainSim-James Staff Member

[​IMG]

Train Sim World is available now across Windows PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, and there’s a lot of useful information, tips and tricks out there for both new and experienced drivers, here’s a few examples from us, and we want to hear yours!

READ MORE

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. ragn05

ragn05 Well-Known Member

the 9gb+ of update?

3. John Murphy

John Murphy Well-Known Member

Ouch.

4. Daniel Bloch

Daniel Bloch Well-Known Member

Useful also would be a changelog for the last update...

• Like Like x 1
  5. MikenRach8991

MikenRach8991 New Member

I would share my tips, but can't when since the update to which I upgraded to the digital deluxe edition which I paid alot of money for, always wants to crash on me, especially when I want to play the NEC: NEW YORK route. Always crashes on the load up page .

6. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

Read the various signalling and sign guides that various people have made available on these forums. Its necessary to know what each mean, and the signage tells you what is coming next regarding speed limits etc. Then turn the HUD off and learn the route a bit. Much more challenging, much more fun, and you wont be driving the HUD, you'll be looking out the window, as you should be doing..

• Like Like x 1
  7. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

This is helpful for new members, but it’s not enough. I agree with Sunscreen that they should look at the signaling guides to help further their understandings.

• Like Like x 1
  8. djos18

djos18 Member

Realy? Is it that big

9. djos18

djos18 Member

Get the attention of DTG! They will fix it

10. Oo7 BELL 7oO

Oo7 BELL 7oO Active Member

My top tip would be if you see a double yellow signal (in England) then start to slow down because usualy the pattern is double yellow, yellow ,red. Also if you know how to turn on (unisolate) DSD and AWS (in britain) Alerter in america and Sifa in germany, you should as they are realy helpful alarms that test your reactons and test if you are there. If you are not there and you don't acknowledge them then they will apply emergency brakes.

11. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

Really? Wow, I never figured out that first yellow then red system. Signals... the more you know. I always thought those were steampunk era christmas trees. Mind blown.

Also, driving without active safety systems isn't even legal in reality. They're not a "reaction test".

Semi-related:
    But, see? That's the kind of post I had in mind with that Carlin quote. "Pro tip: Mind the signals." Seriously...

12. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

As a rule with only a few exceptions. If your train brake/drivers brake is on or not released. You wont be able to add throttle.
    The coach/carriage doors also apply a degree of train brake.

• Like Like x 1