Year In Review Q&a - Ask Your Questions Here

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by DTG Natster, Dec 14, 2021.

1. mrcharliemiggins2.0

mrcharliemiggins2.0 Well-Known Member

1. What are some of the main things that DTG have learnt from route, loco and bug fix releases this year? Such as things like scenery of Southeastern, Wrong Dostos on Hamburg-Lubeck, various crashes on Boston, Dresden and London Commuter, the size of updates and the state the London Commuter especially was released in (crashes, bad and rushed scenery in some place such as Redhill and Clapham Junction etc...)
    2. How do you decide on what route comes next and what locos come with that route?
    3. What has DTG taken in with regards to the feedback with the new UI instead of "You'll get used to it" which is what we have been told in the past

Last edited: Dec 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Flying HongKonger

Flying HongKonger New Member

Could it be a chance that we will have some Asian Rail collections on the way? As a Hong Konger, it'll be exciting if any MTR/KCRC routes appear in TSW2?

+1 to the renowned JP rail system

3. araibonce

araibonce New Member

what about standard usb device controllers eg thrustmaster joystick and throttles

• Like Like x 1
  4. johnmcglade30

johnmcglade30 Active Member

My question is when will you you get all the problems sorted out on the Brighton mainline and let us have our Rush hour passengers

5. johnmcglade30

johnmcglade30 Active Member

My next question is for the bakerloo line when will we get more services and can you give us some update on that please and would you you like to build another London underground to me if that would happen and what is the lessons we have learnt since the last time

6. fre

fre Active Member

In the London Commuter update (or in a future one), will we see the reflective lineside signage and enhanced night lighting added to the route? The lighting on Dresden just brings so much more magic to driving at night, and it’s something I’d love to see brought to as many routes as possible. I even enjoy driving 387s on the Meissen branch, just to experience them in the gorgeous lightning.

• Like Like x 3
  7. rpb1966

rpb1966 Well-Known Member

DTG. What lessons have you learnt in the last 12 months, and will your strategies change?.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2021
  8. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

I don't know if this was already asked, but nevermind:

Now JT joined the boat (or rather the train) of TSW.

- Will we see on the next roadmap what they're working on?
    - Are more 3rd parties going to join this year? Are there any conversations about that?
    - How was the learning process for JT? Did they work as 2nd party already or do they have to start the learing curve now at zero?
    - Over the months I've read from several 3rd parties (there is even a thread somewhere here) that contacting the DTG 3rd party division is a mess - they need long time to respond or don't do it at all. Also it's hard especially for smaller dev teams to make a working business model with TSW 2. Was DTG aware of this? And if yes, has anything changed about that? Is it now easier to get in contact for DTG?
    - I'm sure DTG knows about the inofficial editor. I know the policy is "We don't support mods" because they are not cross platform. But can you comment on the inofficial editor? Were you impressed by this? Is it something you don't want to exist? Or did the devs maybe even looked into it? Would there be any chance that someone at DTG works together with the community members to help them develop the inofficial editor?

• Like Like x 4
  9. RailfanReaper

RailfanReaper Member

Will there be more community outreach like we've seen for Sherman Hill and Horseshoe Curve to get higher quality sounds, or maybe even information on how a railroad operates?

10. YASUKE

YASUKE Active Member

When FRENCH Commuter aka RER from Paris, France will come to the TSW2 ?

• Like Like x 2
  11. amarijordan42

amarijordan42 Member

Is the Next Upcoming Routes are going to have rush hour features like intense timetables and rush hour passengers

• Like Like x 1
  12. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

Thank you DTG for making an end of the year Q&A.

My first question is what do you want to do for making PS4- and Xbox One-users, the overwhelming majority among the console players, to feel more satisfied with the game?

A simple example:

The main explanation from you to us is, that our machines are not powerful enough for 100 car trains at SMH. So we got 40 car trains their only (except in the "Get over it" scenario and at scenario planner).

At SPG we got 50 car trains.

So why it was possible, that our underpowered machines could manage 50 car trains at an one year old route (for consoles) and on the newest 40 only.

It seems their is a lot of game optimization possible so that last gen can have 80 car trains and next gen 150 and more care trains. The same would be more loco variation at HMA and BML. I think the most people on last gen could live with a smaller last gen timtable with all layers. And next gen could get the full timetable with all layers.

It seems you exactly know, that the vast majority of the console players can't upgrade to next generation consoles, because of the processor supply shortage of MS and Sony and especially the anti-social behavior of scalpers.

When will we get the more modern safety systems like the SD70 Ace and SD40-2 at SMH in all northamercan freight locos?

When will we get more realistic horn sounds like in the SMH version of the SD 70 Ace and the SD 40 - 2 and the CRR F7 in all northamerican freight locos.

Will the AC4400 gets an alerter for console players.

Will the AC4400 apear at SMH und Horseshoe Curve and the UP GP38-2 at SMH and Cane Creek?

And will the SD70ACe appear at Cane Creek?

Best Regards

Doc

Last edited: Dec 26, 2021
  13. MLP Derick

MLP Derick Well-Known Member

with Just Trains starting to make content for TSW2 could we possibly see more 3rd party developers making stuff for TSW2 like Bossman Games Victory Works etc throughout 2022?

• Like Like x 1
  14. cbritten#2061

cbritten#2061 New Member

Are you thinking about doing St Pancras - Dover Priory?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

I'm curious to know - are you able to say what caused the error whereby speedboards on many routes started showing 0? Why didn't it affect all routes? Was it picked up by QA/QC, if so why wasn't it fixed before release?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Thorman

Thorman Active Member

Why isn't the Xbox sound bug on the roadmap?

17. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

docsnyder1911

I have regular PS4 as you.
    I believe the difference in the lenght of the train, is related to the landscape itself!
    I mean on SPG you normally do not see the hole train due to the scenery.
    Mostly trees or the mountains.
    Then the more detailed and frame "consumers" like freight cars or DP locomotives, are hidden most of the time.
    But on SH, due to the "grass semi desert" landscape, you mostly see the full train - or at least much more freight cars.
    Then this may took more memory resources.
    Of course I am not sure this is the cause of this issue, but I guess it could be.

Much more annoying for me is, you "see" the "lack" of tracks - and other nearby scenery elements- just not so far away in front - or back - of the train.
    Or even worst... cars flying over not yet completed bridges, etc.
    That really looks ugly.
    Most of the pictures you take are really bad, due to those facts.

Other annoying issues are the really "boring" timetables - this happens on most routes - where you only goes from A to B, with nothing happening in between.
    So the fact to have 100 or more timetables, it is nothing if the only difference is the time of the day, or the type of freight cars.

Furthermore I make one of the shunting scenarios with the SD40 - 2 and the movement of freight cars, was without sense!
    Due to you have to make extra and illogical movements to leave them in the final position.

Finally due to the lack of some intermediate defined points on the route by DTG, you can not even make an entertaining Scenario, with other trains delaying you, created with Scenario planner, as of some of the other routes.

So in resume, the locomotives - mainly the SD70ACE - are great (despite some issues), the new freight cars too, the length of the route and the scenery, are nice and good.
    But the visual issues mentioned and the lack of entertainment when driving the trains without anything changing the monotony of the driving,- that even can not be changed with Scenario Planner (as you can do on other routes) - , are making this route finally boring.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  18. docsnyder1911

Hello grdaniel48,

the 40 car trains didn't appeared at SMH first. We had that with the Dash 8 when it arrived at SPG and CRR too. So it seems newer trains are performance reduced on last gen compared with the old ones at SPG. And on CRR we have that 40 car thing even the landscape is comparable with SPG too.

Best Regards

Last edited: Dec 27, 2021
  19. Omgy24

Omgy24 New Member

Are you adding LZB to Doppelstock and BR 146 ? And are you looking forward at making czech routes ?

• Like Like x 1
  20. docsnyder1911

At the DRA version of the 146 you can activate LZB now. It's left of the SIFA PZB switches at the wall.

21. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

What extra and illogical movements are you referring to?

22. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

You can enable the fuse, yes, but it's essentially non-functional. Maybe it works on the HUD, but the in-cab displays for LZB remain non-functional.

• Like Like x 1
  23. traincloud

traincloud Member

I would prefer optimisation of the game, sure, but I wonder if it's possible implement a feature where you can turn on whichever layers you'd like depending on what your system can take? Could we then add 101 on HMA, ICE on HRR and RRO etc?

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  24. nathanmcclure1

nathanmcclure1 New Member

Would you guys consider making the Ayrshire coastline route in Scotland? Stranraer-Ayr of Ayr-Glasgow Central route? Would love to see them in the game of TSW! I would also love to see the Larkhall - Glasgow Central low level route too.

25. Jamy

Jamy Well-Known Member

whyis it, we need tp have multiple installations of the same loco. This just seems a waste

26. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

• Any plans to produce more foreign (non-US/UK/DE) routes, or it will all be left to third party groups?
    • Japan when? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    • Now that the preservation crew is getting close to finishing their first rounds on all old routes, will they keep going circles and circles adding more and more features (like the chalkboard PIS boards shown last time)?

27. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

One more from me...
    Are there any plans to fill the gaps in classic BR diesel traction, specifically:-
    Type 2 Class 24, 25, 26 or 27. The 25's could layer or have a separate journey mode on NTP and TVL and any of the classes could be "greened" to go into transition period with Steam. The "McRats" currently a bit limited in scope but would be essential for any period Scottish route that might be in contemplation.
    Class 35 Hymek.
    Class 42 Warship.
    Class 50. Really iconic, must come.
    Class 56 - another one with potential on TVL and NTP. Plus that turbo scream, come on, come on...
    Class 60 - as the 56 above.

Any and all of the above could sub in for railtours on any UK route.

• Like Like x 2
  28. matinakbary

Why are people suggesting locos and routes here? This is not what the thread is about and the answer will be "If it's not on the roadmap...".

• Like Like x 4
  29. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

It never hurts to ask...

• Like Like x 2
  30. matthewupv#3726

matthewupv#3726 Member

Which route are you most proud of making in 2021 and why?

31. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Last count there was close to 200 questions vs a likely hours stream. I’m gUessing there will be less than 1/3rd of these answered based on volume alone

• Like Like x 2
  32. Wolfovizer

Wolfovizer Well-Known Member

One word explains my opinion on this. Yes. That is all :)

33. matinakbary

It doesn't, no. But I think it's just more effective to open a dedicated Thread in the Suggestions-area, so people who are interested in your suggestion can easily join you. And it's easier for the DTG team to find the suggestions instead of going through a thread which is about something else.

34. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Right now there is not a single DTG loco dlc on the roadmap.

How is your approach on this in 2022?
    It seems many players would like to buy extra locos & rolling stock outside of a new route.

• Like Like x 5
  35. Christiaan

Christiaan Member

Is there any progression you can talk about regarding upcoming routes being outside of Germany, England and the USA?

36. Thelonius16

Thelonius16 Well-Known Member

Signal-to-noise ratio can become a problem. That's why they choose to have streams dedicated to specific topics.

• Like Like x 2
  37. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

The save game issues have been around since the beginning of TSW, please address if something is being done concerning the issues involved so saved games will work when AI trains and the AI dispatcher are involved.

• Like Like x 2
  38. Ravi

Ravi Well-Known Member

I know this has been asked and answered to death. But recently picked up a Oculus Quest 2 and playing derail valley on it is next level. There is something about turning the switches and knobs by hand. I can't stop thinking about how cool it would be driving a LGV or a ICE 3 in VR. Would DTG consider looking into it? It doesn't even have to be full VR but something like what frontier does with Elite.

• Like Like x 1
  39. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

One of the bigger changes talked about of late with the preserved collection was the MP36 being added to Oakville. Has anything similar been done on other routes?

• Like Like x 1
  40. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

Anthony

The first movement is to take all of the cement hoppers to the track 1.
    Second is to uncouple half of them, and take the rest to the track2
    Finally the remaining cement hoppers must be moved from track 1 to 3.
    So finally you have cement hoppers just on track 2 and 3

But if you first directly take all the freight cars to track 3 and then just move the requested ones to track 2, you finally get the same, but with less movements!

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  41. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Ok. I haven't done those yet.

42. Jalio

Jalio Active Member

Two simple questions:

1. Can PC users get more options to enhance their graphic options.
    2. Are you going to sort light bleeding out i.e in the cab it's too bright and tunnels isn't dark enough.

• Like Like x 1
  43. Alaskan Jack

Alaskan Jack Active Member

Will Munchen-Augsburg route get rush hour traffic as their isn’t many people at the stations ?

44. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Some time ago Matt talked again about the chances there ever will be more routes from outside the UK, US and Germany. My impression is that DTG now just sits and waits till third party developers stand up and take the risk. Are there either thoughts on how to accomplish this type of routes?

This you may think about are crowd funding, work more with unpaid volunteers to help doing research and so on. There are many viable business models for co-creation . Is there any development in this area?

45. damarjatiaji

damarjatiaji Guest

Need to know the production stage of the Horseshoe Curve Route Addon.

46. archline

archline Active Member

1. When will all the patches for the reserved collection items be pushed out? I think it was said in the second half of the year that they were all ready to go, but only some of them have been released so far.
    2. Last year Matt had a live stream of TSW's full-featured editor, Can you give us some new information for full-featured editior? when will it be released to players?
    3. There are too few freight cars in the German DLC at this stage, is there any hope for more freight cars in the future?
    4. The scenario editor has too few features, it can't adjust turnouts, can't adjust paths, can't adjust groupings, and it can't be easily shared with players, so are there any further updates plan to the scenario editor in the future?

47. YASUKE

YASUKE Active Member

TGV*

48. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Never.

49. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

I sure am curious to see which of all these questions actualpy gets answered tonight. Luckily there also are a few dupicate or at least similar questions. Personally I hope they go kore into the variety of content and 3rd parties.

50. Yuk Foo

Yuk Foo New Member

After not playing for a while I went to play Dresden last night and on the approach to Dresden my game crashed, hard to believe this has not been fixed yet. I’m on PS4 and apologies if this has already been addressed but I’m not really a forum trawler.

• Like Like x 1