Heritage Fleet For The Sd70ace

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by CrazyDash, Dec 12, 2021.

1. CrazyDash

CrazyDash Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Hello everyone! I'm back with another suggestion. This time around I'm gonna be talking about additional liveries that could be added to Sherman Hill. Union Pacific is well known for their massive heritage fleet. Most of their most notable ones are on the SD70ACe. Union Pacific has 6 different heritage liveries (Look at the image above). Now there are a couple ways these liveries could be added to the game. First option is to do what Rivet did with the Arosa line and make a gameplay pack. The pack comes with 5 liveries for the GE 4/4, 3 scenarios, additional services in service mode, and some decorations around the route. This pack costs $15. Although I think this is very overpriced, this would be a great way to add UP's heritage fleet into the game. If the price was lowered to like $5, I think this would be a nice little pack. Now my second option is to add livery mastery to the game. DTG have considered looking into livery mastery after it was mistakenly put on the roadmap instead of Dovetail Live Mastery. If this feature ever was added to the game, completing mastery challenges would allow you to unlock heritage units. The final option would be livery sharing. This is planned to come with livery designer 2.0. There are many people who have made very detailed recreations of the heritage units such as AlexEnGame. Even though his recreations are very detailed, they obviously are not 100% accurate due to limitations of livery designer, which is why this is my least favorite option. UP's heritage fleet is something DTG needs to add to the game at some point, as all of these units are part of UP's long and ever going history that got them to where they are today.

• Like Like x 8
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

These would be perfect for Sherman Hill and the D&RGW unit would be perfect for Cane Creek (which is a former Rio Grande route). I would also like to see the #1943 and #1111.

3. CrazyDash

1111 would be cool. Sadly they can't do 1943 yet since that's the tier 4 version of the SD70ACe which has a lot of physical differences. I'm sure DTG will make it in a future route down the road

4. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

It's an SD70AH, not an SD70ACe-T4.

Main differences from UPs AH vs the ACE we got in game are the headlight position, the ISO cab, and they are also heavier that an ACE.

SD70ACe
    6-28262_4131.jpg

SD70AH
    up1943altoona06roster.jpg

SD70ACe-T4
    32251741496_d8e5bf3b48_b.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  5. CrazyDash

What's the difference between the AH and T4?

6. steamfan#1309

steamfan#1309 Well-Known Member

What about the engine that pulled the President's funeral train.

7. steammaster4449

steammaster4449 Well-Known Member

Teardrop windows, taller section where the prime mover sits, different trucks, higher tractive effort if memory serves correctly, different prime mover, EPA Tier 4 emissions regulations compliance, and probably a host of other things I've not listed here.

8. CrazyDash

Thanks for clearing that up :)