Cheyenne Yard Complaint

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by carter, Dec 30, 2021.

1. carter

carter Active Member

I just have one complete with Sherman Hill (besides the non-diverse freight) Cheyenne yard is basically empty, I don’t know why they did this because they could’ve just had static freight and even sd70s that couple to the freight.

2. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Is there another loco in that area that could dlc onto that route do you think? That could be why it’s quieter perhaps.

3. carter

carter Active Member

Maybe it’s because we don’t have the correct cars

4. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I'm not local to know to be honest

5. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

Empty yards is a real turn off.
    Suspect it’s another case of first gen consoles holding us all back due to memory constraints.

6. JealousSheep768

JealousSheep768 Well-Known Member

They've released it on the atari home! Cool Besides they can fill them to the brim. It is number of train models not services

7. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Cant immagine

Dtg started to cut content for last gen in london commuter, same with the taranter ramp. And for sure they are not gonna hold back the entire improvments because old gen is not capable of.

My simple guess is they have future plans with it. And its called loco addons or freight packs.

8. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

I think with the current performance problems, it's good that the yards are left a bit sparse. But hopefully the performance will be improved, then new locomotive add-ons could add more traffic to the yards. An UP shunter DLC, maybe?

9. carter

carter Active Member

I think a local we could get could be the es44ac, which yes we’re getting it in Norfolk southern livery but there’s nothing wrong with making it as a union pacific DLC.

10. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

I suppose that could also work, though wouldn't it be too similar to the SD70 we already have?

11. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

Every UP workhorse will be great, even others SD70ACe models, I have UP8755 as leading unit yesterday which is IRL different model http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/locoPicture.aspx?id=171027
    Maybe DTG should revisit road number list...
    I agree that yards (Cheyenne/Laramie) can be more occupied. Service names use word "YARD" but your destination is mainline track. Only Coal train come really to yard in Cheyenne.
    Some Yard to Yard local services with more variable consists would be welcome, also more switching, loco preparations movements or maybe banker movements (if they are used IRL).
    If triangle to Speer will be added, we can get Laramie-Denver trians and some bypass routing to Cheyenne. Matt mention that track are there and smaller part of enviromet can be added easier than whole Track 3.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2021
  12. carter

carter Active Member

It’s more similar to the ac4400 And c40-8w.