Mystery Uk Dlc Route Unofficial Announced By Matt In Q & A Stream.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by SHINO BAZ, Dec 29, 2021.

1. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

Well i know one person who will like hearing this news(He's made it clear in quite a few times already)...but one now has to wonder what it could be....any thoughts anyone...It be fun to guess while waiting for it's reveal....

• Like Like x 1
  2. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

I know, this might sound a little cautious, and conservative, and under-ambitious, but... I think, it might be the ECML from London King's Cross to Edinburgh Waverley, with the line to Glasgow via Carstairs, and the WCML back town to Euston for good measure, with the Branches to Manchester, Liverpool, Inverness and Cardiff, just to make sure it's not too short :D

Seriously though, I'm hoping for another Scottish route (doubt it though, so soon after GCC).

• Like Like x 7
  3. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

I think the only thing to be expected is the certainty of the unexpected. :D

• Like Like x 1
  4. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

As a complete guess something modern either in the Midlands or the North of England

• Like Like x 2
  5. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

He did say it might be out before the Harlem route so dtg must be well into it by now.

6. Mark Moreton

Mark Moreton Member

I’ve always wondered if the Think A Glen posters in the 150 on WCL were a hint of a future Highland route.

7. drdelorian#5980

drdelorian#5980 New Member

Perhaps re-using and upgrading assets from Train Simulator, maybe we could get the Greater Anglia line from Liverpool Street Station, with the main centrepiece being Stratford Station surrounded by the Olympic Village and the Rank 2 unlockable being a Fully lit-up Westfield Shopping Centre?

• Like Like x 3
  8. trainsimplayer

That'd be brilliant, NGL. Even if it just ran to Shenfield or Colchester, as opposed to Ipswich like TS.

The 360 and the 315 would both be good as well, especially as the 315 can take elements from the 314.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Woroszyl The NS 2000

Woroszyl The NS 2000 Well-Known Member

My prediction is WCML from Preston to Carlisle (in current times or in BR era) since we have it in TS2022 too.

• Like Like x 3
  10. trainsimplayer

Well if that's the reason then we could have pretty much anything.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

Everyone crosses fingers for Fort William-Mallaig

• Like Like x 2
  12. trainsimplayer

From Rivet? Nae chance. And if they put that poster in as a hint for their route I'm worried.

From Dovetail? Aye.

• Like Like x 1
  13. owenroser19

owenroser19 Well-Known Member

90 miles, i doubt it.

14. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Calder Valley Line Northern Rail or SEML

15. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

There’s another flag in the PC discussion about Matt referencing a Class 319 in a chat. So make of that what you will… Potentially BedPan line or the new stamping ground in the North West, Manchester to Liverpool or Blackpool North perhaps.

• Like Like x 2
  16. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

I'd like to guess something Wales based, but what ever it is, let it not be rivets work. Please!

• Like Like x 3
  17. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

I have to say that I hope it isn’t a 319, especially based in the North West.

Don’t get me wrong, I really would like a 319 to come to TSW, but to have yet another limited view EMU UK DLC is too much, too soon, and if it was a North West based DLC with only the 319, it would be very bland as the current modern UK rolling stock that would make for a suitable layer in the North is limited to basically the 66.

My opinion on this really circles back to the TSW overview thread, DTG really need to have a better strategy for what routes and rolling stock they create, and the order they release in.

18. OldVern

That was my thoughts, it may not be an Electrostar but in my book still classes as modern plastic. If it is the NorthWest I would much rather have a diesel era route with 104s on the locals to Blackpool, maybe 108s too if Blackpool South included. 47s on the Eustons to/from Preston then just about any of the classic diesels on excursions or loco hauled relief trains.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  19. Tank621

I'd be very happy to see a 319, I became very familiar with them during my time in Manchester and with the GEML being my home route the similar Class 321s have been a mainstay of my railway travels throughout my life. A Mk3 based EMU would almost certainly be one of my most used units in the game.

• Like Like x 2
  20. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

what id love to see is late 80’s early 90’s Northern routes, you get the best of 2 worlds there, talking about the 104’s you could have a great opportunity to see a sprinter along side them during the phasing out of the older stock.

I still think there’s a lot of opportunities with loco DLC’s for the likes of NTP & TVL too, once you break into the 90’s era of pacers and sprinters you then DTG don’t have to make a huge leap in order to make suitable stock for modern Northern DLC.

21. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

I have a friend who actually works for DTG, and he told me some quite secret information. I won't reveal his name, as I already have a bad name for leaking stuff related to TSW, but he said that the new route will likely go from Arlesdale to Barrow-in-Furness, and will come with a Black 5 and an E2, with a BR IC125 HST as a loco DLC. There may also be a route extension (the first of its kind) to Callan Castle, which may or may not come with an LNER A3. But I can't confirm anything, of course.

• Like Like x 6
  22. Tank621

What fascinating insight your friend has given, they should seek a career at RAF Luton I think ;)

• Like Like x 1
  23. Doomotron

I'm afraid he won't be able to do this, as his is already one of the guards for Boris Johnson. The pay isn't that good, but he does get a lot of party invites.

• Like Like x 2
  24. owenroser19

owenroser19 Well-Known Member

Sure...

• Like Like x 2
  25. speedy2972

speedy2972 Active Member

Very funny, hahaha, arlesdale to barrow in furness is from Thomas the Tank Engine. I highly doubt they'll do that one!

• Like Like x 2
  26. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Thomas of course is the E2. Gordon is the A3 (but GNR, not LNER)*. The Black 5 is Henry (after his rebuilding). Pip and Emma are the power cars of an HST.

*Technically, Gordon was a Gresley "A0" prototype, built before the merger, later overhauled to A3 standard.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  27. speedy2972

speedy2972 Active Member

I'm going to be Captain Killjoy but knowing DTG's previous routes, they haven't been exactly what have been predicted, some have so let's just wait and see what they come up with.

28. Tank621

So you're saying we should make more predictions to ensure we are correct?

• Like Like x 2
  29. OldVern

I reckon a train themed route...
    It will either be the Calvert to Willesden via Aylesbury bin liner with a 56 as per the Videoscene cab ride blu-ray, or...
    The Oxfordshire Trundler Railtour from 1980 with 2 x 3 car 117's. Pick up at Aylesbury, down to Claydon then across to Bletchley take in Fenny Stratford. Back across via Winslow to Oxford, take in Morris Cowley and Abingdon, finish then at Didcot. (The real train started and finished at Paddington).

• Like Like x 2
  30. MrSouthernDriver

MrSouthernDriver Well-Known Member

some people are saying that this is just an example. but i think that is not an example, if it was an example they would have said on stream "that is just an example guys, its not real" and it would have been debunked right away, confirming this could be true

if there was a new uk route before the white plains route it wouldnt be by just trains, as they literally just announced that they would be doing TSW2 content 2 weeks ago, so just trains is out for this. which leaves 2 possible companies left, now, rivet have been pretty quiet recently in terms of development, so rivet could begin their next project or may have even begun already, the most possible company making this mystery UK route is DTG obviously as they make 70% of the content on TSW2

there is also the quote

"yes!, we know the can of worms we just opened!"

something has definitely been spilled here

also if this route is coming out before white plains. it must be a very short route, smells like a rivet route to me

• Like Like x 1
  31. solicitr

Not necessarily. It's entirely likely that it's been in production for months, but the announcement has been held up for whatever reason - and that could have nothing to do with devs, but with lawyers.

• Like Like x 2
  32. MrSouthernDriver

MrSouthernDriver Well-Known Member

yeah possibly, this could have been a secret route hidden and this thing could have been in production for the last 2 - 3 months and was right under our noses, DTG are definitely up to something

33. Doomotron

That said, Matt did mention Thomas DLCs once. He roughly said that the licensing costs would be ridiculous, but they'd be printing money if they could make it. As a boy brought up on Thomas, I'd absolutely love to be able to drive around Sodor, especially if the rarely sene parts were modelled, like the Culdee Fell railway.

• Like Like x 2
  34. speedy2972

speedy2972 Active Member

That'll certainly let most people's inner child out lol!!!

35. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

‘Modern plastic’?! The 319s are nearly 40 years old! :o

• Like Like x 1
  36. OldVern

Anything post 1980 is modern plastic to this old dinosaur. :D

• Like Like x 3
  37. djcwey

djcwey Well-Known Member

WHL would fit in with a route to run "The Spirit of Steam" with the 'Jacobite' a regular feature of the line?

• Like Like x 1
  38. Princess Entrapta

NGL, when it comes to games like the Forza Horizon series, I tend to only buy the "realistic" DLCs like Blizzard Mountain and Fortune Island, and pass on stuff like the Hot Wheels and Lego expansions. But if TSW2 got stuff like the Culdee Fell and Skarloey lines, they'd be day one purchases for me.

• Like Like x 3
  39. OldVern

I did at one time look that if you flipped the shape of the Island Of Arran, it was almost a ringer for Sodor. However the DEM (terrain data) didn’t quite match.

Me, I’m still holding out for Ivor The Engine, or that line in the other children’s book I can never remember the title of but the driver was called Ollie Took.

40. solicitr

41. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

The main question is, IS it being Developed by DTG(because of the possibility of third party)

42. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Just because they have only just announced it, that doesn’t mean that they haven’t been working on it for months behind the scenes.

43. Doomotron

The book with the Culdee Fell railway was my favourite in the entire Railway Series and I was always disappointed it never made it into the TV show. Maybe I'll make it for TS. :)

44. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

The delay could even be something like they are awaiting the licensor to give final approval on the designs. Frankly its none of our business about behind the scenes stuff and anything they tell us its a bonus.

Matt did say that he wanted to shift focus from 3rd rail routes to overhead UK routes in his long lets play stream. So that might be a hint. But it might not. The one thing I think we can be sure of is it won't be a steam route.

So many routes it could be, I'm sure what ever it is it will be good.

• Like Like x 2
  45. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

For Pip and Emma you can run both in GWR Green version with MTU engines on GWML they use a Paxman Valenta engine. Xbox RT Accelerate LB Brakes for Pip and Emma or RT Accelerate RB Brakes. They have a red button

46. smugstarlord#4202

smugstarlord#4202 Well-Known Member

I reckon they're doing something they haven't done before, hence the secrecy and not placing it on the roadmap before the harem line.
    First spirit of steam map maybe? Or even could be the first extention they've done and need to test it thoroughly before it gets hyped up

• Like Like x 1
  47. krustynuggets

krustynuggets Well-Known Member

Completely leftfield thinking here, but what if it's the DLR in London we won't even need to drive them suckers lol.......

• Like Like x 1
  48. Princess Entrapta

Ah yes, the game's first 18+ only DLC

• Like Like x 4
  49. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It could be a DTG route
    It could be a new third party dev route
    It could even be the first steam route or a tram route

All we know is they know things that they aren’t telling us and that could be anything, including things we might think are a long time away. I wouldn’t count anything out right now. We all know we are back to them announcing some things when they are near completion after not even a hint to us that they are working on them.

Now, let’s get all ‘conspiracy theory’ about it. That second article about the development of steam never materialised. That’s a bit fishy. The new UK route is probably the first steam route. It’s hiding in plain sight on the roadmap. Matt also said he’d driven the first steam train but hastily added that it was just a cube placeholder with the physics enabled, but months ago he was saying most of the art was already done for the steam locos. I think he may have actually been driving an almost finished steam train on the new route and then remembered he’s not allowed to talk about it. Okay, that’s enough ‘conspiracy theory’ thinking for now, as you were…

• Like Like x 5
  50. Tanglebones

Tanglebones Well-Known Member

Speaking of being all conspiracy theory...I still haven't forgotten Nat's post in the Train Sim World - Roadmap Update 16/11/2021 thread. Marcsharp2 had said "Nothing for the UK in planning or Production, Ah well, it'll be a while till my wallet opens again lol.", to which Nat replied: "Is everyone certain about that? ;)"

I went back and had a look, and the only thing I can see she's talking about was in the In Planning section:
    • [Spirit of Steam] First release
    The only comment to that was from Train Sim 9723: "seems so, at least not on the roadmap :)", and again Nat replied: "It certainly does seem that way."

This is still driving me nuts a month and a half later. What did she mean? lol

• Like Like x 4