Start Up Of Tsw2

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by terry english, Dec 30, 2021.

1. terry english

terry english Active Member

Is there any way of by-passing the long startup sequence at the beginning of TSW2.

2. JellyScrub

JellyScrub Active Member

I believe you can delete the videos in the files to skip them. I'm on my phone ATM so I can't check where exactly.

3. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

You can remove the videos (Not sure where they're housed on Epic, but on Steam, the file path is ProgramFiles(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Train Sim World 2\WindowsNoEditor\TS2Prototype\Content\Movies), or if you can't do that, you can skip them by pressing any key, or clicking when they appear.

4. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Maybe a good idea for ToolkitFor TSW to delete them each time they reappear. I will consider this, nice little feature for the next update (coming soon).

• Like Like x 1
  5. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Just click through them why doncha! Takes 2 seconds. Come on! There are bigger fish to fry.;)

• Like Like x 2
  6. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Exactly!

7. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Definitely, but that does not make it less annoying. I don't want to click buttons, I want to drive a train and now you need about ten screens before you drive anything and that bothers me.

• Like Like x 1
  8. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

You have to click button to navigate the menu and drive train anyway, so, what difference does it really make?

9. Calidore266

Calidore266 Well-Known Member

I kinda wish the opening cinematics would use the in-game volume settings so my ears don't get blasted on startup.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

It distracts and you have to click the buttons. For me it makes a difference and it annoys me. It's OK if does not annoy you, but into my opinion it is sloppy design and something a competent UX designer should think about.

11. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

on my ps4 it's genuine aids trying to skip the intros, it either freezes and you're left with bleeding ears due to the volume of the intro, or you have a seizure from the flashes of the different trains appearing

• Like Like x 1
  12. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

I doin't see why they need to be there? Maybe the DTG logo and then straight onto the screen where it says about not tresspassing etc?
    If they have to be, why not be like TS1 and provide an option to turn them off?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

They don't have to be there. As has been discussed on several threads before, the 'welcome' process is a terrible user experience, the intro video definitely should have an option to disable after the first viewing and that DTG train collage thing is awful.

14. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I play with headphones and I do dislike that noisy intro movie which can't be avoided I guess. So I don't put the phones on until I see it's done. I don't want to become any deafer than I already am. :D

• Like Like x 1
  15. Calidore266

Calidore266 Well-Known Member

I've started doing that, too (though I don't always remember--ow). But I would also like the headphones themselves to last as long as possible; those things aren't cheap.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

You can fix a hundred small issues in the time it takes to fix one big one. Fact is it really wouldn't be hard to have a option in the menu to disable it.

Also if we're really gonna go on about how we shouldn't waste are effort on little things, why not direct that towards some of DTG's decisions? Why keep making these little intro movies in the first place? Why do they keep redoing the menu every year? Either they're also wasting their effort, or these things matter way more than you give them credit for.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2022
    • Like Like x 2