List Of Dlc Timetable Overlays

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Jonathan8, Dec 28, 2021.

1. Jonathan8

Jonathan8 Member

I'm aware that some DLC add extra timetable services to certain routes, but this doesn't appear to be advertised in the store description, and I can't find a comprehensive list of what adds services to what anywhere. I know MSB, RRO and NTP add quite a few, but I'd really like a comprehensive list for each route of what other DLC add to that route's service mode.

Perhaps if such a list doesn't exist it can be started here?

What I'm aware of so far:

East Coastway: NTP
    Rapid Transit: BR 182

• Like Like x 1
  2. Speedster

Speedster Active Member

• Like Like x 2
  3. Wolfovizer

Wolfovizer Well-Known Member

Hi, I'm making a layer spread sheet at the moment for British trains its very work in progress but I'll put the link here :)
    I've also started a thread about it here :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. Jonathan8

Jonathan8 Member

Thank you very much both! Could I ask if there's a way to tell which ones actually add services, and which ones just alter existing services to have a larger variety of traction?

For example I have SKA and I believe RRO adds S bahn and freight (or is it MSB for freight?) services in addition to existing services, making the map busier to drive in.

But if I have MSB and I buy RSN, will that actually add any timetabled services to MSB, or will it just add variety to the existing services?

The best I've found is the TSW2 Starters Guide which has a separate row for each type of service in each route (S bahn, RE, etc.) and which other routes go into that layer.

5. Jonathan8

Jonathan8 Member

I've put together a quick table showing what I believe adds layers to each route - I suspect there are some inaccuracies in there somewhere though as I don't own most of them. Hopefully this makes it clearer which add actual timetabled services and which just add variety to the existing services.

TSW Timetable Layer Dependencies

6. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

This could be another thing that gets improved while DTG are thinking about their documentation and guides for the game. It’s hard enough for people who have the DLC to determine where everything comes from and goes to so players wishing to find out before buying have next to no chance. It can only get worse as more versions of the same trains get released in routes. I’ve lost track of what goes where to be honest.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jonathan8

Jonathan8 Member

Agreed. A system where all trains are stored separately with independent resources (as opposed to being linked to their route as they are now) would allow the trains to be updated independently of the routes, so it no longer matters which "version" of the same train we have.

Perhaps a tiered structure, where the base train is stored separately, but resources linking it to a route such as PIS information and destinations are applied on top of the base when it is running on that route. I'm not sure what is currently causing the technical limitation of it not being possible to separate the train resources, but you're right, it needs to be fixed before the whole thing descends into chaos, especially with DRA adding slightly upgraded versions of everything.

8. Wolfovizer

This is something I want to work on, it will take a bit of time as I need to re-write everything I've already done, it shouldn't be more than a few days :)

9. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

10. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

It would be a very useful tool so thanks for all those who compile these spreadsheets.

I do hope they do something about the layering system, I haven't seen all of the Q&A stream yet but haven't heard it mentioned so far..

It would be great to be able to see the class 31 on NTP for example and to use the 3 car class 101 from TVL on there too.

The layering system stopped me buying the West Cornwall route. I don't want to sacrifice realism (well realism as far as possible) for variety just because others presumably have demanded it. A class 45 (last one withdrawn 1988) with an unrealistic rake of mark 2's in 1990's Cornwall is pushing the suspension of reality too far and I would love to know why it was considered a good idea!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Wolfovizer

Wasn't really mentioned, possibly in the next roadmap on the 11th.

People complained there weren't enough trains, same as usual unfortunately

• Like Like x 1
  12. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Just curious from the above, what are the Railtour layers added to Cathcart Circle?

13. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

A very straightforward shot from Newton to Neilston and vice-versa, using pretty much any vintage BR traction you might own (maybe the 66 as well, I don't recall).

14. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

I relented and bought it again!
    Can't really check until I've finished the current long scenario on Cane Creek (the pitfalls of a single save game slot) but that redeemed the route a bit in my eyes, plus looking at my OPC Rail Atlases, the run out to Neilston is a reasonable distance.

• Like Like x 1