Year In Review Q&a - Ask Your Questions Here

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by DTG Natster, Dec 14, 2021.

1. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

The difference is that BML was developed after the 4.26 upgrade and some optimization work, which made possible the ultra-ambitious goal of reproducing the entire RL timetable. Whereas with SKA and even more tellingly HMA that was considered well beyond the bounds of the then-state of the art.

• Like Like x 1
  2. grob-e

grob-e Well-Known Member

Well, but as the expansion pack for SKA is developed after the 4.26 Upgrade, why not taking the opportunity to add the RB27 services with the appropriate BR 425 to SKA, I would go even further, like adding depot moves of the beginning and terminating IC-Services in Köln Hbf with a BR 101 layer, as well as adding the AI IC-services between Koblenz and Duisburg to Köln Hbf. You can even think about the local freight exchange services between Düren and Stolberg with for example the G6

Last edited: Jan 4, 2022
  3. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

If there are questions you believe were missed, please let us know and we'll answer them.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Thanks. The questions I marked in gray color below are the ones I feel were answered, but I can't remember any of the black-text questions beind adressed during the stream.

5. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Sam, these are mine which were unanswered, removed those that were.

Thank you

6. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

Hi Sam and DTG Team, these are my question that weren't answer

1. When will see Train Announcement on the platform and station and on the train added?
    2. When will see Multiplayer Added?
    3. Will see More new weather added such as lightning, snowstorms, and more dynamic weathers?
    4. When will we see different roles and positions added to the game such as being a train dispatcher, guards on the platform, Conductor controlling the door, train dispatcher dispatching at radio control tower?
    5. When will see the passenger dynamic change in terms of activities they will be doing on the train and platform?
    6. When will we see a full route from the real world added to the game?
    7. When will be able to operate the train back and forth 24 hours, like in the real world?
    8. When will we get better camera functions that allow us to snap to the next track or object and take railfan photos?
    9. When will see updates in Train sound as in terms of the realistic train sound when the train switch at the junction on the track, going on to another track, turning through a curve, crossing the bridge, going through the tunnel, train screeching at the station, when coming to a stop, or when the emergency brake is activated cause as you know in the real world, the sounds of the trains that go through these objects have different sound ambient when interacting with them.

Thank you for taking the time to read our question DTG Protagonist

• Like Like x 1
  7. solicitr

When pigs do aerobatic maneuvers in formation with sparkly rainbow unicorns.

Sorry for being snarky, but the answer to each of those (except for train sounds) has been given, and although the reasons vary, they all boil down to "No."

• Like Like x 1
  8. johnmcglade30

johnmcglade30 Active Member

When is the next world maps stream

9. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

1. When it’s announced
    2. When it’s announced
    3. When it’s announced
    4. When it’s announced
    5. When it’s announced
    6. Already in the game
    7. Already in the game
    8. Unlikely to ever happen
    9. When any of those features are announced (which could take place over a number of years), or never, or they are already in the game anyway.

It has already been answered that any questions asking when things will happen won’t be answered because the answers would be just like the ones I’ve given. Watch the roadmap, new features and improvements will be announced there.

• Like Like x 1
  10. DTG Protagonist

First, a reminder of this nugget of joy...
    Second, from the sound of those whose questions had been missed I thought these would be trickier (paraphrased for ease of reading). These are pretty to-the-point answers. Not to be dismissive or evasive, but purely because those are the answers distilled down to what would have been on the stream (using 3 times as many words).

Do you and your colleagues play Train Sim World as a hobby?
    - Some do, yes.
    Do you play other similar games, perhaps in a similar genre? Either for fun or research?
    - Yes. Often starting out as fun and then... (see below)
    Do you 'borrow' good ideas from other games?
    - Of course. All game developers stand on the shoulders of giants.
    Is there any specific route or locomotive that you personally love to see created for the game?
    - Will vary from person to person. Obviously it's a yes in every case - everyone wants their "home" route.
    Is UI/HUD customisation something you're in favour of?
    - Yes, but there's nothing to announce.
    Will we get historic routes for US and Germany?
    - Yes, but there's nothing to announce.
    Are community managers going to thumbs up posts they've read?
    - That's a question for Nat. The downside to this is that the forum, on a busy day will easily crack 1,000 posts and replies. A better use of any community manager's time is going to be responding and acting on the information in those threads. To that end, is it better to start out boldly thumbsing things up constantly, or that we ask the community to trust when we say that posts are read, instead spending the time more productively? Yes, this is probably rhetorical.
    Anything new in dioramas?
    - Wait for a new route. Dioramas are a "nice to have". In the event the environment or character teams have bandwidth to do more you'll get more dioramas. If time is tighter, you won't.
    Anything new in moving background scenery?
    - Same answer as above.
    Any new graphics/scaling options for PC?
    - No.
    Any news on the map upgrade?
    - Your best bet will be that it arrives as a core feature in an annual release. So no news today.
    When will we start to get route mergers?
    - When the tech is in place to facilitate them. This tech is not currently being worked on.
    When will see Train Announcement on the platform and station and on the train added?
    - See above.
    When will see Multiplayer Added?
    - When it's ready.
    Is there going to be more dynamic weather?
    - It's something we want to do. It is not currently being worked on.
    When will we see different roles and positions added to the game?
    - See above.
    When will see the passenger activity become more lifelike?
    - See above.
    When will we see a full route from the real world added to the game?
    - These are already available.
    When will be able to operate the train back and forth 24 hours, like in the real world?
    - This is already available.
    When will we get better camera functions that allow us to snap to the next track or object and take railfan photos?
    - Start on foot, like a railfan would in the real world.
    When will see updates in Train sound?
    - Updates to existing sounds in game are very unlikely. Improvements to the standard sound quality in a new release are aspirational at present. We know sound sometimes comes up short, it is something we're aiming to improve but have no concrete information on at this time.
    When is the next world maps stream?
    - Not wholly certain I understand the question. If you mean roadmap, it's on Tuesday January 11th.

Again, these aren't intended to be dismissive. Rather they are honest statements in response to your questions.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. StratPlayer62

StratPlayer62 Well-Known Member

Here were my two, if I missed the answers I apologize.

I would like to know if bugs/problems that we report here on the forum are logged or do we need to submit a ticket for a bug to be logged?

I would like to know if there will ever be a tracking system for bugs, it would be nice to know if a problem I've come across is known by DTG or not. I don't get to play the game as much as I would like due to time, I certainly don't want to spend time reporting bugs if it is already known. However I am willing to do it if it helps bring about a fix.

12. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

Thank you for taking the time to answer our question.

13. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

Hi Sam, so to accurate this is someting what DTG want to do, dev's try to do so, but they didn't succeed yet (mentioned by Matt in prerelease stream TSW2-Q&A). Since it isn't consider as roadmap feature, it have dev's kitchen status.
    Dev's kitchen - something that isn't promised as comming to TSW2(roadmap), but dev's working/prototyping it secretly/silently (no comments, no dates, no promises)

14. DTG Protagonist

The answer is yes to both.

The second question however implies a public-facing tracker and we have no plans to introduce one, but everything is tracked internally. If you're reporting an issue that's been mentioned before it helps - the more people who report the same issue the more importantly it is rated. Submitting bugs both to the forum and via a ticket will effectively track it twice.

• Like Like x 2
  15. grob-e

grob-e Well-Known Member

These are my questions that haven't been answered:

With having two different Train Simulator programmes on the market, there is some kind of strange rivalry between the two usergroups of these programmes. What do you think about this rivalry?

Do you consider the release on Epic Game Store as successful?

16. vammultr#8320

vammultr#8320 New Member

Thank you for your honest opinion. Wish you a happy new year. I read your reply and was also thinking about container loading, but also covered hoppers loading with sand, cereals, or stones. But how about the boxcars? I think that this is also done by a forklift, so it will be complicated. But container loading should work as the train is moving under a large crane near a port area. Let's not forget about the autorack cars which could be loaded by letting the cars appear in the car itself or disappear when unloading.

17. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

My question would be how much of this is done with the loco in situ, or moving the consist along as it loads?
    I know on many routes on TS classic there are "crane loading areas" where you move the cars / flats under the crane, stop and then the crane loads the materials onto said wagon

18. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Can't put the quote as posting from the phone, but Sam's response to keeping the 24 hour timetable going is wrong. Until the save game is fixed there is no guarantee the save restores correctly. In the case of BML then it falls down on the first reload. And certainly no way anyone would or should be playing a computer game for 24 hours solid in one sitting.

19. ARuscoe

Not sure if I'm off track here, but though you may not be able to play for 24 hours straight (and certainly drivers wouldn't do this IRL), you can start any service within that 24 hour period and it will work.

And DTG addressed the save game issue on their state of the game stream. Matt knows it's broken and agrees it should be looked at. For some reason the state of the signals isn't saved, so when a load occurs the game "refigures" the signal state from the train actions, which causes issues and conflicts

20. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Back at the PC, now able to quote what Sam said...

That implies to me the question was can we operate to a full driver's or unit diagram cycle (e.g. the St Ives branch on WCL). Sam has answered yes, but my point above therefore refers - only if you do it in one marathon session. In the case of BML or similar complex routes we don't know if it will hold up even then. I'm aware that Matt has stated they know about the broken save game routine, but knowing and the willingness/technical know how to fix it are another matter...

21. solicitr

I suppose if you have a PC reserved only for TSW, you can pause your marathon at will, so long as you don't actually quit......

22. ARuscoe

Or if you start the timetable services in sequence to make up that timeframe...
    That's very much possible and without the save issue

23. graham.haddon

graham.haddon Well-Known Member

My question specifically relating to the Class 313 physics has not yet been answered. Matt specifically said in either the release stream or preview stream that he was going to query the performance characteristics of its dynamic brakes and he felt the acceleration was a little to quick and the dynamic brakes were too powerful.

As far as I am aware it hasn't been mentioned since. I know Matt's to do list must be immense but I just wanted to know this was still on the agenda or the Class 313 performance is staying as is?
    Cheers

24. StratPlayer62

StratPlayer62 Well-Known Member

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions.

25. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

My question:

Are substitutions/layers ever going to be addressed on US freight routes to be a bit more realistic. For example:

1. Clinchfield RR SD40 circa 1975 for some reason showing up in large numbers on modern era CSX Sandpatch grade in AI trains… shouldn’t exist in this time period at all.

2. Union Pacific SD70 can’t be used on Cane Creek which is a Union Pacific route, and vice versa UP AC4400 from Cane Creek doesn’t show up on Sherman Hill. You’d think this would be an easy one to allow access to both locos on both routes. The UP heavy haulers both show up on SPG (which is great) but don’t show up on the other UP routes?

Last edited: Jan 6, 2022
  26. jdavison#3053

jdavison#3053 New Member

My questions are these:
    • Do you have plans to introduce more underground lines? Actually, there is only one in the game.
    • Do you have plans to introduce more routes from other countries than Germany, the US or the UK?
    Thank you

27. DTG Protagonist

Folks, the Q&A has been run now so that'll wrap it up for this time. I'll answer the late additions.

Any plans to adjust AI trains on Clinchfield RR?
    - None at present.

Any plans to adjust the trains in use on Sherman Hill or Cane Creek?
    - None at present.

Do you have plans to introduce more underground lines?
    - None at present.

Do you have plans to introduce more routes from other countries than Germany, the US or the UK?
    - None at present.

Disappointing answers, I know.

• Like Like x 2