Mystery Uk Dlc Route Unofficial Announced By Matt In Q & A Stream.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by SHINO BAZ, Dec 29, 2021.

1. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Whatever this mystery UK route is, it was decided upon nearly a year ago. Nat was being understandably coy, because she knew good and well not only that it had been chosen months before, but 2-3 months out from release would have been well into development.

However, I do think the stream team have to retire the "if it's not on the roadmap" catchphrase, since it's plainly no longer true.

• Like Like x 1
  2. smugstarlord#4202

smugstarlord#4202 Well-Known Member

Hahaha only clocked on now.

• Like Like x 1
  3. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

if i remember correctly and this was my thoughts and not confirmed, I interpreted it as spirit of steam being a U.K. route as it is on the roadmap but not as a U.K. route I.e. “seems so”

• Like Like x 1
  4. solicitr

AIUI, steam is still at the technology demonstrator stage, they haven't begun to develop routes or even specific locos for it. As Matt said last week, they have a working steam engine (from a physics perspective), but it's a cube.

5. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

the route development for a steam loco would not need to wait for steam to complete its work, whilst at the same time they could be in production with one or have planned one as a U.K. route

and as spirit of steam is on the roadmap and a route is more than likely to come with it, meaning a U.K. route could be already on the roadmap but as it just refers to it as “Spirit of steam” it appears as though there isn’t hence the “seems so”

that does not nessacily mean that the one Matt was to referring in stream will be in reference to that and it could be a separate one that has not been given a green light to announce

just my interpretation of information given :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. solicitr

However, the Mystery British Route was said to be further along in development than Chemnitz and presumably will release quite soon, whereas steam is still a long way off

• Like Like x 1
  7. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I'm ready to buy another UK route. All I ask is:
    1. It cannot be another route based on an EMU of any kind.
    2. It cannot be anything south of London.
    3. It cannot be a " toy train " ( I assume everyone who mentioned them was joking ).

I'd quite like to see another section of the NTP, east of Leeds. The Welsh Coast would be interesting as would something around North West England.

Of course all this speculation and wishful thinking is rather like Schrodinger's cat. It's already been decided. We just don't know.

( sorry, can't find an umlaut on this keyboard ).

Last edited: Jan 3, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

What's your definition of "Toy"? 'Cause I adore riding stuff like the Ravenglass Eskdale line.

9. Crosstie

The R & E is a real-life railway, not a toy. Of course it's highly unlike!y that DTG would produce a 15" route and even more unlikely that I would purchase it. :D. In my post I was referring to childrens' fiction, which is not suitable for TSW.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2022
  10. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Essentially Thomas The Tank Engine/Sodor, or as I mentioned tongue in cheek Ivor. Though I have heard Rivet may have been commissioned to do the railway from the Noddy stories... :):):cool::cool:

• Like Like x 1
  11. krustynuggets

krustynuggets Well-Known Member

Playing devil's advocate here anything that simulates a railway, even a completely fictional one like the one Thomas and all his buddies live on would be suitable in TSW if DTG deemed it to be the case, and you know more people than would like to admit it would buy it instantly.........:D

• Like Like x 1
  12. Princess Entrapta

Hard agree.
    The sheer amount of effort Rev. Awdry put into crafting the details of those lines, drawing so much inspiration from his own absolute all-consuming love of real-world rail, something like that would be a fantastic tribute to the life and work of someone who was very much "one of our own", and I for one, and I am willing to bet MANY of us, can absolutely say was a major early influence towards my enduring love of rail.

• Like Like x 2
  13. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I'm too old to be in the Thomas camp. It didn't make its way to Canada until the mid eighties.

But I definitely see it being a big sell. There are alot of fans out there that would scoop it up. And you could get the next generation of simmers playing the game early too.

For me I have always been interested in public transit. As a kid in the 70's I used to use the lower part of my bunk bed and it would either be a subway, a bus, or a plane. I would pretend to drive or fly for hours picking up passengers.

And when my aunt married a subway driver for the TTC in Toronto he used to take me for rides in the cabs in the old red G series, and the H and M series trains as well.

If only I was a kid now with all the games that are out there. Pretending would have been a whole lot better.

14. Princess Entrapta

The more I think of it, the more it feels like the perfect conceptual "Dream"3-pack bundle.
    The Sodor Main Line Vicarstown-Tidmouth, with the Ffarquhar and Brendam branches could serve as a solid one comparable to DTG's other offerings, and then you could have the Skarloey and Culdee Fell lines as their own routes, given one is narrow gauge, and the other is of course a rack and pinion line. Shorter at around 15 and 10 miles respectively, but probably a fair bit more complex to develop too.

Of course, another option to appease both those who want realism and those who adore these stories - licensed loco DLC for any future Talyllyn and Snowdon routes.
    I'd pay Diesel Legends prices for Skarloey, Peter Sam, and Sir Handel to swap in on a Talyllyn route, and the real life line does this already.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2022
  15. Princess Entrapta

I literally learned to read purely out of a motivation not to need to wait for my parents tucking me in at night to read the books to me.

• Like Like x 2
  16. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

Until thomas and friends and sodor make it to tsw2(If ever)...Might it be possible to livery editor some kind of face on some of the in game engines until then?

• Like Like x 1
  17. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

I can confirm (sadly) that Thomas and Friends won't be coming to TSW2.

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  18. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

Spoilsport.

• Like Like x 7
  19. Wolfovizer

Wolfovizer Well-Known Member

I can confirm that Eyes the Gronk is friends with Thomas, I guess you just mean Thomas's other friends won't be seen :) Untitled.png
    (Not too bad for a first attempt at livery designer)

• Like Like x 4
  20. Pookiebarra

Pookiebarra Active Member

Too quiet. Ok nice scenery, it is Scotland after all , but it is hardly Glasgow or Edinburgh.

21. SHINO BAZ

Not bad at least the gonk smiling,but most thomas locomotives faces are on there fronts not rears.But when a new better train sim game comes along i would smile to while leaving it behind and moving on to it instead.

22. OldVern

Not really. As I said earlier, you have 800 minutes of gameplay with the four service trains each way. You could double that by running in summer then try in a full on blizzard during winter. Then you have specials, depending on the era a freight trip and on that subject don't forget all the rail served industry at Fort William and Corpach. If you push out to Spean Bridge on the main line you can also bring in and take out Glasgow etc services. So not Willesden Junction but quite a busy piece of railway.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  23. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

Wrong answer.

I like how I've managed to turn this entire thread into a Thomas appreciation thread. :D

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  24. Crosstie

Thank Goodness. I was beginning to worry a little there. So rest easy, folks, TSW2 really is for grown- ups after all. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  25. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

I'd rather wait and see for the announcement. That way you wont be dissapointed.

Hentis

• Like Like x 1
  26. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

In Thomas and friends the front is their eyes and mouth just look at Paxton a Class 08/09. So is Pip and Emma the HST where the coupler doors are that's their mouth Headlights eyes. TVL NTP Daisy and I do have a UK route suggestion Calder Valley Line

27. Princess Entrapta

And the Culdee fell ones all have two! One at the front, one at the back, For safety reasons.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2022
  28. Wolfovizer

I know it's on the wrong end, I've never used livery designer before so I thought the back was easier to play with first, might make a new version at some point :)

29. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

Well if you leaked their name you would put their career in danger

• Like Like x 1
  30. Wolfovizer

It's not actually true, these are the locomotives some of Thomas the Tanks Engine and friends are based off, that's why the thread turned into Thomas chat :)

• Like Like x 2
  31. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

When I learnt this a few months ago, it really creeped me out. How do they work? Do both of their faces do the same things? Are their eyes like a multi-monitor setup? :o

32. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Well I don’t care about such risks so I’ll name this mystery DTG employee. He is actually one of directors and his name is Sir Topham Hatt.

• Like Like x 5
  33. Pookiebarra

Pookiebarra Active Member

As long as it bloody works.

34. OldVern

Actually it might well be the Romney, Hythe and Dymchurch 15" gauge railway - a nice DTG curved ball. Hit's several spots - UK, south of England, Spirit Of Steam ready and best of all - no bludy Electrostars!

• Like Like x 1
  35. Crosstie

I have no problem with narrow gauge, but 15"? Not for me.

36. coursetim

coursetim Well-Known Member

I could see narrow gauge in the future but probably not for the first major release imo

37. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't think that would generate anywhere near the interest that DTG want from a release as big and exciting as steam.

• Like Like x 1
  38. OldVern

My comment about the RH&DR was tongue in cheek, not that I would mind it personally!

• Like Like x 1
  39. SHINO BAZ

We technical have already had a example of a narrower gauge with the arosa/chur route 1000 m instead of 1435 m so going to something smaller shouldn't be surprising if it where to ever happen someday.Plus if it does there's no reason it couldn't be a steam route as well.

• Like Like x 1
  40. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

Well, I don't think it's the fact that it could be a steam route that is the problem, more that it being the first steam route would be a great disappointment to many.

Either way, we have no confirmation of any future narrow guage routes so I don't think we need to worry much one way or the other.

41. Jackson17

Jackson17 Member

Hoping we find out on Tuesday as it’s the first roadmap of the year. But I’m not sure we will. I have a feeling it could be WCML

• Like Like x 3
  42. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

Hope it’s ecml or something up t north

• Like Like x 2
  43. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

well its a steam route

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  44. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

Haha