Diesel Legends-type Loco Dlc For Dresden Chemnitz: Et 1440

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by leospielt#6870, Jan 6, 2022.

?
  1. Yes, it sounds interesting and I would buy it.

2. Maybe on sale?

3. No. Not interesting to me.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. leospielt#6870

leospielt#6870 Member

Introduction to the suggestion

So Dresden-Chemnitz is going to release fairly soon and as far as my knowledge goes, in terms of rolling stock, it's pretty much complete for the 2012 timetable. That brings up the question, if there is even any Loco-DLC possible for the route. In my opinion, the most fitting option would be to have a DLC similar to the Diesel Legends DLC, meaning it would offer a train, in this case the ET 1440, and also a completely seperate timetable. The reason why this makes sense is that the BR 612s on the RE 3 and the BR 143s on the RB 30 have recently been replaced by modern EMU's (Electric Multiple Units), namely the ET 1440. The new timetable and the new train would, in my opinion, make the route twice as enjoyable as it already was since there are two seperate timetables to play.

The ET 1440
    The modern EMU would be shipped with the MRB livery (Mitteldeutsche Regiobahn) and in two different versions:
    - 3-car unit
    - 5-car unit
    These are used in a mixed manner along the line, both on RE 3 and RB 30.
    [​IMG]
    ^ 5-car version

[​IMG]
    ^ 3-car version

Layers onto other routes:
    Sadly, the highly anitcipated BR 440, the predecessor to this train and missing train for München-Augsburg, has a different front so I doubt that it would make sense to layer this train onto HMA. On RRO however, it operates the S8 services on Rhein-Ruhr Osten and also the AI-only S5 in Hagen Hbf. On the Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen, it could also layer as an AI train in both Köln and Aachen Hbf. For the Main-Spessart-Bahn, it could operate the RB 58 from Aschaffenburg to Laufach. And lasly, obviously, it could add AI trains for Dresden Hbf on Dresden-Riesa. It basically operates all over Germany and is also a pretty nice basement for creating the BR 440 for München-Augsburg in the future.

The Dresden-Chemnitz-Timetable:
    So the services actually are quite similar to the ones of the original Dresden-Chemnitz, which is set in around 2012 if I remember correctly, but mostly it is just about the differing rolling stock. The S-Bahn Dresden S3 to Freiberg would still be operated by the BR 143 that is offered with the base route Dresden Chemnitz. The freight services could just be copied unless they interfere with the passenger trains. The services in Dresden should be the same as the ones from Dresden to Riesa, so the services from Dresden to Riesa would be in Dresden as AI trains on Dresden to Chemnitz.

Conclusion:
    positives of a DLC like this:
    - the players can enjoy Dresden to Chemnitz in two ways, from two different perspectives basically
    - offers a new train in two variants
    - makes Dresden Hbf feel more alive on Dresden to Riesa
    - adds variety to RRO and MSB, possible AI trains to SKA
    - potentially is enjoyable for a longer time even if you have already played the route a lot, in contrast to a normal Loco-DLC that basically just substitutes for another vehicle on a route or maybe adds some services
    - preparation for the BR 440 for HMA, sound and physics are already done then
    - possible layers to many future German routes

Some more pictures:
    [​IMG]

^ a 1440 at Dresden Hbf
    [​IMG]
    ^ inside one of the trains
    [​IMG]
    ^ another picture of a 5-car variant

https://download.transdev.de/transdev/uploads/mdr/media_document/39/original.pdf
    timetable of RE 3 and RB 30

• Like Like x 8
  2. Noel06

Noel06 Well-Known Member

Nice idea. I hope this route will get as fast as possible a new Loco Add-On
    Gut gemacht

• Like Like x 1
  3. paintbrushguy

paintbrushguy Well-Known Member

I reckon give the route a while, so we can savour the novelty of a German tilting DMU, adding anything else in quick succession will overall spoil the experience IMO.

4. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Surely Diesel Legends should be locos like the 216, 218 or 220, maybe a 628 not yet another modern train set?

5. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

This will benefit three routes RRO HRR and Tharandter Rampe. If automatic announcements are to be added when DTG settles the legal matters RRO uses Ingo Ruff S8 while Tharandter Rampe uses Claudia-Look Hirnschal Finally permitting the use of the correct RRO S8 20 40 60 schedule towards Hagen Hbf via Wuppertal Oberbarmen with 1440. I did suggest this version too for Riesa Chemnitz and Red version Bochum-Dortmund/Hagen. On HRR RB33 services are done with this train
    Video is in the German language

Short

Tharandter Rampe Dresden Chemnitz Plauen Hof

Last edited: Jan 15, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  6. leospielt#6870

leospielt#6870 Member

I am not suggesting the name of the DLC to be Diesel Legends but I want it to be similar to the already released Diesel Legends of the Great Western DLC for some British route, meaning it includes a completely new timetable plus new rolling stock. I just typed Diesel Legends there so people can have a reference for what the DLC will look like.

• Like Like x 1
  7. leospielt#6870

leospielt#6870 Member

yeah, obviously it would not release before summer this year, probably much later, since it takes time to produce, but it would bring fresh air to the route when its released

• Like Like x 1
  8. driverwoods#1787

Inbound Aschaffenburg Hbf service Destination sign are RB58 Flughafen Frankfurt Main or RB58 Rüsselsheim Outbound is correct RB58 Laufach.

• Like Like x 1
  9. CrazyDash

CrazyDash Well-Known Member

Although I’m not a fan of its looks, it would be cool to see a modern timetable using the 1440. It would be cool to see a DB BR 642 on this route as well

• Like Like x 1
  10. leospielt#6870

leospielt#6870 Member

Yes I totally agree we need more DMUs although I dont think the 642 runs/ran the whole route so thats probably something to hope for being released with another route and then layer on Dresden Chemnitz

• Like Like x 1
  11. driverwoods#1787

Good point perhaps DB BR642 should arrive with a diesel route like the Maintalbahn Aschaffenburg Süd to Wertheim or Aachen area routes. DB BR612 can do those now

12. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

Certainly a nice idea and would be more appropriate than on GWE :D I really like this idea, there are no significant changes to the scenery, hell Chemnitz is set in 2021 already :)

13. leospielt#6870

leospielt#6870 Member

Lmao good point
    Since it is inspired by Diesel Legends anyway there would probably not be any changes expected either way

• Like Like x 1