Horseshoe Curve... Im Scared

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by jamesonmin, Jan 9, 2022.

1. jamesonmin

jamesonmin Well-Known Member

With the Achievements on the SteamDB I knew it was a Skyhook product. Now im not trying to say Skyhook is garbage. But Cane Creek and whatever-the-other-one-they-made DLC were not highly rated (wow 39% on Steam for CC?) Having the challenges on HSC with the terrain and grades with completely awful bugs and the SD70ACe being a mess with some not even being able to complete a scenario on YouTube it really makes me wonder how this got past QA testing. Now im expecting a little bit better with HSC and the GEVO. Just dont be like NASCAR 21 Ignition and release a functioning DLC devs. The only way its possible to really hit rock bottom at this point is to keep charging $30 per DLC.
    (Now note I don't own any 3rd party DLC for TSW)

2. Ravi

Ravi Well-Known Member

It is going to be a dumpster fire. The DB BR 187 is still broken. The core functionality of LZB and AFB are broken. It has been 4 months and we are yet to see any fixes. I am not buying Horseshoe Curve until they fix that.

• Like Like x 8
  3. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

DTG is working more closely with them on this.

4. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

The SD70ACe isn't even in Cane Creek.

• Like Like x 2
  5. damarjatiaji

damarjatiaji Guest

SD70ACe on Cane Creek? Did you mean AC4400CW?

6. solicitr

I voted No, but that's because I never pre-order anything.

• Like Like x 3
  7. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

I preordered tharandter ramp, but with skyhooks release history (bugs / bug fixing), im gonna decide after the preview stream.

This doesnt mean i push hc in the same hole before i even saw it, also it will depend on what kind of bugs.

Im sure the route will look nice, but if ill find " any not turning bogies", this gets a refund asap and maybe a route for a sale.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

Day one purchse for me, if preorder option appear it's only about price discount (from 10% to 20%).
    Skyhook need to find its position in TSW and because it inclines to US/DE content I will most likely buy many of it's routes and trains...

9. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

I don't know why anyone on pc would be scared to buy any tsw2 route when you'll be able to buy it dirt cheap during one of the 100's of yearly steam sale for up to 90% off.

Now if your on xbox and get less then 0 sales a year then i would be horror'fied.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2022
  10. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

Because it never did

11. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

While I don't know what the route will be like, never preorder anything. Biggest scam in the gaming market alongside microtransactions.

• Like Like x 2
  12. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

I preordered the Chemnitz route as the German stuff is generally of superior quality. However TBH I have no real interest in HSC, played the TS version a fair bit then just let it lie fallow. Maybe one for this years Xmas sale at 40% off.

• Like Like x 1
  13. smugstarlord#4202

smugstarlord#4202 Well-Known Member

Well at least it won't be as disastrous as a rivet release

14. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

And yet, the community desires more third parties to participate……

To be scared over a release of any entertainment product is way too much drama for me personally and to be honest, could not care less if one pre-orders or not. But would like the product to be released before people start jumping on the bandwagon on how terrible or not it is going to be.

• Like Like x 15
  15. Dinosbacsi

True. Just wait for the release and see how it is. Judging it even before we see anything is just silly.

• Like Like x 3
  16. pipanminuta#9703

pipanminuta#9703 Well-Known Member

I wont buy anything that they make anymore if they relese this before fix DB BR 187

• Like Like x 1
  17. vyncwr

vyncwr Member

I voted no. But only cause Im not interested in an other US freight with nearly the same like the others.... I know its somewhat different but not so much it worths to buy.
    Actually I'm at the point where I'm switched back to train simulator just for diversity.

18. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

If you think it might be rubbish why would you even consider preordering it? I don’t understand the OP’s reason for this thread. Just wait and see if it’s any good after it comes out.
    I don’t understand this bit of the post at all. It’s going to be $30 anyway.

• Like Like x 5
  19. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

As we've not seen a preview stream I'm not in a position to decide either way if I'll be preordering.

Some of us take each DLC on merit and don't let preconceived notions cloud our judgement.

If it looks good and there's a preorder discount then and only then will I decide if I want the route.

• Like Like x 3
  20. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Not driving us freight that much either, but im interested in northfolk southern like im impressed by clinchfield (kentucky coal industry). So if skyhook is nailing this dlc, its an instant buy for me.

21. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

The poll needs a third option of 'maybe' for those of us who will wait and see after the initial preview streams.

• Like Like x 2
  22. phillip.good

phillip.good Well-Known Member

I voted no because although I obviously can't (I'm on PS5) I wouldn't be able to add it as DLC (as I am on PS5)..... does that mean I should have voted yes? I don't know....

23. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

I’m not preordering (PlayStation), but the route is nearly guaranteed to be added to my list. I’m a sucker for any US freight route this game has to offer. I LIKED Cane Creek!

24. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I really don't understand the point of this thread, even less the usefulness of such a poll which, like many polls in the forums, is obviously designed to elicit a particular answer.

• Like Like x 12
  25. zzw1983

zzw1983 Well-Known Member

I'm scared. :o:o:o

26. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

This is dumb. Why would you preorder? Is Steam going to run out of copies lol??

I'm Xbox, so i don't even have the option, so...

• Like Like x 1
  27. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Discount

• Like Like x 1
  28. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

A 10% discount isn't that big. If discounts matter (because I don't want tobspend the full amount on a specific route) I always wait until a nice sale. If they don't because I really like a route and want it as soon as possible, I usually wait until the weekend after launch (I don't have much time on week days anyways) and then pay 3 euros more than I would have on pre-order. I see those 3 'extra' euros as an amount I pay so I know for sure what I'm getting.

Then again, that's all personal preference.

29. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

im afraid of having no money

30. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

Have preordered the Rampe as I like German freight, but the discount is negligible and I would have done so at full price.
    Find I’m indifferent to the Horseshoe as I rarely played the TS version.
    I’m willing to be surprised by positive reviews though.

Currently we’re at the the preview outrage stage. Fud.
    Now that’s scary.

31. sergio volodstok

sergio volodstok Active Member

Definitely will not be pre-ordering. I'm really not impressed with the photos shown, the locos look ok, but the scenery looks pretty bad. Looks like another bland TSW route.

Hopefully things change, but I'm not holding my breath.. :|

• Like Like x 1
  32. Disintegration7

Oh well, we don't get those on Xbox either lol

33. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

For me the worst thing was the lack of weathering.
    Wonder if the licenses require the game to display only clean vehicles?

34. solicitr

Entirely likely. The only really mucky engines DTG have released are old BR - defunct, so MfT likely don't care about brand image.

35. Dinosbacsi

Cane Creek also has a weathered UP locomotive. And while the Boston Sprinter trains are not exactly dirty, but they are not spotless either.

36. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

No need to be scared. You don't have to pre-order. Cane Creek is not as bad as suggested. In some aspects its excellent in others not so and some of the issues are fixed or partly fixed. The BR187 is not so good, this one has bugs that should have been found during development or test. despite all this I like the loco. It substitutes of a large number of routes and that is nice and looks different from the uniform German "Einheitslok" look .

Bottom line, if you are scared, don't jump in the water. That's better.If nobody buys it, we will not know if it is good.

• Like Like x 2
  37. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Cane Creek is actually very good. My only complaint is that whoever compiled Journey Mode should have given a full run down the line first, not Moab then even shorter to Seven Mile. It’s also a route which would benefit from the game having more than one save slot as it would be nice to do a bit, pop over to Germany for some 101 thrash, then come back in a few days.

• Like Like x 2
  38. Thelonius16

Thelonius16 Well-Known Member

I kind of have to order it because Norfolk Southern is my son's favorite railroad.

39. ngc427

ngc427 Active Member

I still have high hopes for the route. The screenshots looked promising, and considering that they reached out to get horn & bell sounds from the community is still promising as well. It seems people forgot very quickly that Skyhook actually directly listened to community feedback and fixed the front handrails on their UP AC4400 on Cane Creek. Hopefully this becomes another hit like Sandpatch Grade.

• Like Like x 3
  40. chessiet#4231

chessiet#4231 Active Member

Looking at the WIP screenshots, the route looks good. Although I wouldn’t preorder any route, I prefer to wait until any bugs or glitches get sorted out first, then I’d buy it.

• Like Like x 4
  41. Disintegration7

The save system is a total mess.

I agree- Cane Creek is fine (yes it has issues, but it's on par with the average DTG route). My only fears about Horsehoe Curve are because I'm so familiar with the area from when i was a kid- watching trains in Altoona and especially Cresson is how i fell in love with them. But i haven't been up there in almost 20 years, so i hope i can just attribute any discrepancies with my memories to the passage of time lol.