Train Sim World 2 - American Legend

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Jan 10, 2022.

1. metro north railfan 224

metro north railfan 224 Active Member

There is kind of an exception to that. CSX actually has DC versions that actually have those types of bells. Not only that but Canadian pacific and Union Pacific have a few of them like that. Now I can understand if they are some of the older ones. Though a lot of the newer ones have the electronic one

2. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Really looking forward to this one (surprise, right?)

Nice to see Cresson in the screenshot- really hope we get to do some switching at the Clearfield-branch interchange.

South Fork branch is a nice surprise too, hopefully at least a few services use it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. DJtrainman

DJtrainman New Member

Does anyone know if they are going make it for Xbox. If they do when should I be able to buy it and how much money will it cost?

4. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Previews will be soon, all routes are £24.99. Keep eye on forums for preview streams

5. pipanminuta#9703

pipanminuta#9703 Well-Known Member

Fix DB BR 187 first!

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  6. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

The first 24 of the ES44ACs from NS (the first batch) did have the window door on the left side of the nose. While the later batches of units have the solid door on the right.
    NS8144th1.jpg
    Meaning, the model is pretty much spot on to the later batches of NS GEVOs (apart from the one handrail and the bell).

Last edited: Jan 10, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  7. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

I saw that too but if you look the cab is missing ALL it’s labels and markings. I’m thinking this is just a matter of a pre-production screenshot since there is no way they release a cab with absolutely no labels.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Exactly. All of these shots are pretty production, in development screenshots.

9. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Looking forward to the preview for this route.

10. VA Railfan

VA Railfan Active Member

326A898C-A51C-491E-B23F-19520783579F.jpeg A9D54878-11D3-4EE1-95FC-E8A2AD4E4085.jpeg 326A898C-A51C-491E-B23F-19520783579F.jpeg Skyhook! The handrails must be fixed!

also GP38-2s…with the same #s? 326A898C-A51C-491E-B23F-19520783579F.jpeg

11. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Ehh, will probably wait on this, a good chunk of small things that need to be fixed. And looks like the only new piece of rolling stock is an empty flat car.

I will be keeping my eyes on newer articles, but as of right now, this is a no from me.

• Like Like x 1
  12. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Its still work in progress, so i dont think johstown is in its final state with the floating fence and the inaccurate river. Here i question why the screenshot was taken, because the others look nice.

Wish skyhook is gonna make a weathered locomodel, looks everything a touch too clean.

Screenshot_20220111-055314_Chrome.jpg

13. damarjatiaji

damarjatiaji Guest

NS Rebuild AC44C6M & SD70ACC would be nice addition to this magnificent route. Could be a rivalry between GE vs EMD thingy.

14. MLP Derick

MLP Derick Well-Known Member

this route is set before Norfolk Southern started doing the SD70ACC rebuilds so if we did get a one of those SD70's it would be either a standard cab SD70 or SD70M

15. damarjatiaji

damarjatiaji Guest

Or what about their SD70ACU rebuild?

I like the SD70M or Standard Cab SD70 though

16. MLP Derick

the SD70ACU rebuilds we're started in 2016 and were finished in 2018 so they would make sense for that route but they wouldn't be the helpers on the curve like they are now it would still be the SD40E's who we're still the helpers back in 2018

• Like Like x 1
  17. MLP Derick

the passenger trains that run this route there is only one train a day in each direction so there is really no point in adding the Amtrak train just for 2 stops at Altoona and Johnstown plus the locomotive that hauls that train the P42DC we don't have in TSW2

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  18. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

The first thing that jumped to mind when I saw the scenery was TreeGate 2. Like Arosa, they look rather sparse on them thar hills. I won’t insult anyone here by saying « well it’s only WIP », because we all know that 99% of what we see is what we’ll get. Nice to see a new route but I’m still waiting for SHG to fix the wrong way round bogie on the Cane Creek AC4400CW. Why does all 3rd party content feel like abandonware?
    /end rant ;)

• Like Like x 4
  19. Gary Dolzall

Gary Dolzall Well-Known Member

As for the Johnstown screenshot: Given that Johnstown is one of the major cities on the route, serves as the west anchor of the route, and is historically significant, we felt it important to include the location among the views. Providing a look at a route well in advance of release requires some compromises. There is a distinct reason why we state: "Note: Screenshots depict content while in development."

Last edited: Jan 11, 2022
    • Like Like x 10
  20. Challenger3985

Yeah, might want to put that note in before the screenshots instead of putting it under the second one. Might've been easier to see it that way (Just a thought).

• Like Like x 1
  21. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Can't really blame the community for not giving this statement much weight as we've seen too many times how that has no effect and the content comes out unchanged from that. If that is not the case here, then by all means I am interested in seeing what the finished Johnstown will look like.

• Like Like x 7
  22. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's the only hope I have left as well. Hopefully "work in progress" truly means work in progress here.

23. meridian#2659

Well cane creek has still bugs yes, but the route gives a really nice desert feeling. Would say so far this route has the best distance scenery.

24. met_cui98

met_cui98 Member

Hopefully they get the signaling right on this route. There aren't many signals on Cane Creek, yet they still managed to mess those up.

25. Anthony Pecoraro

What's wrong with them?

26. mattk#4569

mattk#4569 Active Member

If the broadway limited is not in the DLC you guys did a shitty job it’s literally part of the route yet again you half assed another map. Its not hard to get an Amtrak GE in the route if you have already been working with them.

27. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

For the luvva Pete: the Broadway Limited runs ONCE PER DAY in each direction. You really expect Skyhook to develop a whole new loco (Siemens Charger) just for that? "It’s not hard to get an Amtrak GE in the route"- sheesh!

28. MLP Derick

even Horseshoe Curve official Facebook took notice

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  29. Agent Qracle RUS

Agent Qracle RUS Well-Known Member

Finally i see a 100 % honestly opinion!)

30. Challenger3985

Even also mentioning the GP9 at the curve, which I do hope to see that in the park as well (as a static scenery, obviously). It would really be a missed opportunity not to include this Geep on display.

31. solicitr

... which leads to the possibility that this "static model" could later translate into a working high-nose GP9 DLC for Clinchfield (CRR had more 7s, but they also had a couple of 9s).

32. dtcblock#5625

dtcblock#5625 New Member

:o

33. solicitr

That being the case, it would have been prudent to add a special disclaimer: "This is Johnstown in an early stage of development." Or, perhaps even better, present a screenshot from the pre-texture, graybox stage of development so that it's blatantly clear it's WIP.

34. met_cui98

met_cui98 Member

When entering the sidings, they should have a diverging indication (like Red over Yellow, for Diverging Approach). The only indication you get upon entering the siding is Yellow over Red, which is a standard Approach, indicating you are staying on the main.

So, the proper sequence upon approaching a siding to enter would be Approach Diverging (Yellow over Yellow) followed by Diverging Approach (Red over Yellow at the siding). Instead, Cane Creek has Advance Approach (Flashing Yellow), followed by Approach.

That's definitely the correct sequence for Thompson siding. It's probably the case that trains receive a Restricting indication (Red over Flashing Red) at Brendel to indicate they are entering the unsignaled branch, as opposed to the siding, so that would be a slightly different sequence. In any event, not having any sort of diverging indication for the sidings is incorrect.

35. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

It's half hidden by a tree but the GP9 high nose locomotive is clearly still there.It's makes one wonder why hasn't a working GP7/9 high nose alreadly be added before now....We know Clinchfeild used the GP7's...

36. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

Flatcars are not new to tsw,what do you think hauled garbage containers on the NEC route.But they would be new to tsw2 if you want to get technical about it.

Isn't is strange how the only route from tsw that didn't get ported over to tsw2 is being brought to tsw2 in bits and pieces.

37. solicitr

I don't know where you're getting that; there are no "diverging" signals on ex-Conrail routes. Routing signals were never part of the NYC/PRR tradition.

Page 3 here:

https://signals.jovet.net/rules/NS Signal Rules.pdf

38. Anthony Pecoraro

He was talking about Cane Creek.

• Like Like x 1
  39. Mevans193

Mevans193 Well-Known Member

This looks promising but still a long way off from final product. Glad to see all the landmarks are recreated. I hope they can get the character diorama system working to add some rail fans to the curve.

40. meridian#2659

I play cane creek with mods, there is a youtube docu about the uranium cleaning project.
    Its one of my favourite routes because the nice made desert. Well still too many floating rocks etc, but i dont mind the 25mph limit.
    I think the limit isnt because the tracks, looks like its because all the radioactive freight going from moab to the junction. But not 100% sure on that.

41. mattk#4569

mattk#4569 Active Member

Bruh they don’t even use the siemens chargers for that it’s mostly GE the chargers had mechanical problems with them and yeah I do they shouldn’t bring it up if not no wonder this games rating suck so bad they half ass everything can’t get all the locos just only two that aren’t even really new like Idek why you respond it’s not hard to see that this company it’s milking people for money at this point

42. solicitr

There isn't a Genesis in the game either- and no, DTG much less tiny Skyhook aren't going to build one for a whopping two services.
    As for the rest of your intemperate response: you really haven't a clue how much dev time and money it takes to build one digitally simulated locomotive. All you can do is toss around childish insults because your wholly unrealistic expectations aren't being met.

• Like Like x 2
  43. Boda09

Boda09 Member

They will release a new route when there are still many bugs with the 187...

• Like Like x 1
  44. ngc427

ngc427 Active Member

Because fixing bugs on a single locomotive add-on that probably didn’t sell well in the first place would take priority over developing and getting a finished full route out the door that a decent amount people are already hyped for… Yeah right. What does the 187 even have to do with the Horseshoe Curve article in the first place anyway?

• Like Like x 2
  45. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Stinky trains should definitely return to TSW2... along with GP40s

46. mcclenneym

mcclenneym New Member

The bugs on that loco are hurting sales. I love to add layers to my German routes but after reading everyone's replies I stayed away from that loco. I massively want this route but I will be relying on people that have more knowledge about what it's "supposed" to look like to weigh in before I purchase. Even though this is the type of route I would ore order.

• Like Like x 1
  47. meridian#2659

The BR187 has nothing to do with Horseshoe curve contentwise, but when its about to decide to spend money on this new route, for people spent 20 Euro in skyhooks last promising release, it becomes to a fair point taking the 187 into this topic to discus. Its not about "im not into german locos"

- 4400cw rear bogies is still the wrong way around in cane creek
    - BR187 with broken systems like the afb, lzb..(sound...)

Doesnt look very competent, nor trustful --> Thats why its important to get things done in the first place, nomatter its a class 150, or whatever content. Even if it looks like devs have time after such a release, all the months with no update tells me its the opposite.

Now to hc, beside Johnstown which isnt in its final state the route looks nice from the screenshots.

48. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

It would be nice if someone could just make a BR187 complaint thread where all the people who hate the BR187 can talk to each other where it won’t spill over into threads where people don’t necessarily care about German trains.

49. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Those look more like 50ft or 60ft flatcars though, not the 85ft flat cars used on the trash cars for NEC.

• Like Like x 1
  50. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

Please provide metric units in those articles, too

• Like Like x 3